AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-25, 15:44   Link #341
Rias

It's hard to speculate how many seasons. First we don't know how long ep5-8 will be. Second we don't know if Ryukishi is going to pull another "Rei". Third, we don't know how many epsiodes they are calling a "season" (could be 12-13 or 23-26). Fourth, who knows if there's going to be another "anime original" arc just to patch holes?

Let's just see how many episodes they have planned for season 1 first...
Old 2009-05-25, 15:49   Link #342
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

the three season package could be possible if they don't want to wait two years for the second season. I guess it all depends on the user demands, but as some pointed out they could also do season1 26ish episodes (first arc covered) the season2 13ish episodes (first half of answer arc) and season3 13ish episodes (second half of answer arc). Anything is possible as of now.

Old 2009-05-25, 15:50   Link #343
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

If he pulled a "Rei" for Umineko, it'd have its own OVA. I hope. I wouldn't exactly count it as a third season, if that's what you're trying to get at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
Well why couldn't they do 3 (assuming they'll need it)?

Just because it's odd (It's really not all that odd, random example is Shakugan no Shana which will have 3 (at least) 24 episode seasons) doesn't mean they can't do it.

But really they should just use however many episodes they need. Higurashi needed another 13 episodes or so, I'd say (they left a LOT of stuff out from the anime), and if Umineko needs it, I think they should.
Er, I don't mean it like that.

As much as I'd love for them to somehow add nearly everything into the anime, this is an anime we're talking about. If I wanted something so detailed, I should just look at the original. Since Umineko is so text heavy, it's hard to tell what they'll do with it exactly. I mean, we're "tainted" since we're reading, so we'll know things people who are only watching the anime will know.

Take what they're doing with Saikoroshi-hen, especially with what they're doing to Rika and her inner thoughts.
Spoiler for Er, just to be safe in case anyone hasn't read it or seen up the ep 3 of the Rei OVAs:
Erm, I hope that made sense. >_<;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but i'd like people to breath deeply and look at this link. Now, be realistic and try again.
Yeah, was going to mention budget. I was just looking for something....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Understanding Anime Business by MASUDA Hiromichi
*TV anime budget (of one episode, usually 24mins) is 10 to 14 million yen.
*OVA mean budget per minute is 1.0 million yen.
[i.e. 24.0M-Yen/24min]
*the budget of typical cinema anime per min is 3.0 million yen.
[i.e. 0.27B-Yen/90min]
From here.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-25, 16:31   Link #344
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I would prefer if they don't decide to "invent" things until the final of the final arc is done and dusted. Since the question arcs are complete now it makes perfect sense for them to have 1 season to cover the question arcs then wait until the full answer arcs are release, heck I don't mind waiting if it's a good job done (better than fucking things up with original plots or whatnot). That being said I also think that the first season should be at least 24 eps...to cover the final details, if it was 12 episodes covering 4 question arcs...honestly 3 episode per arc would not do any justice to the original story (and frankly, some mail bombs need to be sent).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-25, 19:37   Link #345
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but i'd like people to breath deeply and look at this link. Now, be realistic and try again.
Lol what financial crisis??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Er, Lelouch's seiyuu is Fukuyama Jun, who also happens to be Lawrence in Spice and Wolf, if you want another little seiyuu joke.
I think you misunderstood me XD I said "VA" as in Voice Actor, since HigurashiUmineko mentioned Johnny Young Bosch should be Battler's dub-voice, and he voices Lelouch in the C.G dub :P~

Anyways, back on topic, I still wonder how they plan to fit so much into just four episodes per arc. Seriously I really do wonder how they plan on doing such a feat. I imagine most of the beginning will probably get cut down, like it was in the manga, but even then I hope they don't cut out extreme amounts. The Eva-Natsuhi fight over the receipt, for example, is something I hope won't be cut considering it does lead into Eva leaving with Hideyoshi and making the 2nd twilight.
Old 2009-05-25, 20:21   Link #346
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Lol what financial crisis??

I think you misunderstood me XD I said "VA" as in Voice Actor, since HigurashiUmineko mentioned Johnny Young Bosch should be Battler's dub-voice, and he voices Lelouch in the C.G dub :P~

Anyways, back on topic, I still wonder how they plan to fit so much into just four episodes per arc. Seriously I really do wonder how they plan on doing such a feat. I imagine most of the beginning will probably get cut down, like it was in the manga, but even then I hope they don't cut out extreme amounts. The Eva-Natsuhi fight over the receipt, for example, is something I hope won't be cut considering it does lead into Eva leaving with Hideyoshi and making the 2nd twilight.
Has it been officially said that each arc will be four episodes?
Old 2009-05-25, 20:35   Link #347
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
Has it been officially said that each arc will be four episodes?
Nope, everything discussed here related to Episode count is speculation
Old 2009-05-25, 21:33   Link #348
Avisch
Reality Blender

It's more believable that each arc would be 6 episodes. 4 x 6 = 24. But more likely they are going for a 26 episode count so one or two of the arcs will get an extra episode.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-05-25, 21:41   Link #349
myopius

Also, since the later games, especially the fourth, are apparently much longer than the earlier games, it seems likely that some games will be getting more episodes than others. The episode should be divided up proportional to the lengths of the games, I guess.
Old 2009-05-25, 22:17   Link #350
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I could actually see them doing ep1 in three episodes, maybe four. It's ep4 I'm worried about. And I guess it depends on what they're doing with the meta-world and if they're doing anything with the tea parties.

.... I just want to see Bernkastel do the nipaa thing so I can die happy. Maybe Inoue Marina singing Marisa Stole The Precious Thing, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Oh, sorry, I actually have known people who confuse Ono-D and FukuJun with each other somehow, like how some people are mistaking Toyosaki Aki in K-On! for Kawasumi Ayako.... That and I don't know many English voice actors by name. Doesn't help that I tend to remember females better than males, either....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I would prefer if they don't decide to "invent" things until the final of the final arc is done and dusted.
If they're getting Ryukishi07's input if they "invent" something to make the anime adaption make more sense, I wouldn't mind. I'm someone who wouldn't enjoy seeing a bunch of red text while trying to watch the anime. :/

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-26, 02:22   Link #351
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Also, since the later games, especially the fourth, are apparently much longer than the earlier games, it seems likely that some games will be getting more episodes than others. The episode should be divided up proportional to the lengths of the games, I guess.
Honestly, I think the first half of episode 4 is probably relatively squashable - it dragged on a bit in the game as it is. In terms of episodes needed it doesn't seem to me that it'd need any more than episode 3.

But yeah, I can't really see every game having the same episode count.
Old 2009-05-26, 03:16   Link #352
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Honestly, I think the first half of episode 4 is probably relatively squashable - it dragged on a bit in the game as it is. In terms of episodes needed it doesn't seem to me that it'd need any more than episode 3.

But yeah, I can't really see every game having the same episode count.
The real problem I see with episode 4 is, that it offers much more new content in the beginning than episode 2 and 3.
You can probably leave out much of the beginning of the family conference, everybody meeting again and also many repeating 'finding out what happened' moments on the Meta-plane.

Well in the end it depends on the input of Ryukishi, when he's involved, and how important he regards Ange's character for the main plot.

In that point it really resembles Himatsubushi in a way, because it introduces a completely new way of telling the story, while the Arcs before that can be considered similar to the Higurashi arcs before Himatsubushi, because you could always just leave out the Club-Games.

Regarding the episode count, I think it's really difficult to decide what can be left out and what not, because we don't have even the slightest idea what's really important and what's not. It's kinda like what they did back then with Tatarigoroshi and how they didn't regard the Epilogue as really important to the main-plot.
Old 2009-05-26, 11:21   Link #353
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
I could actually see them doing ep1 in three episodes, maybe four. It's ep4 I'm worried about. And I guess it depends on what they're doing with the meta-world and if they're doing anything with the tea parties.

.... I just want to see Bernkastel do the nipaa thing so I can die happy. Maybe Inoue Marina singing Marisa Stole The Precious Thing, too.Oh, sorry, I actually have known people who confuse Ono-D and FukuJun with each other somehow, like how some people are mistaking Toyosaki Aki in K-On! for Kawasumi Ayako.... That and I don't know many English voice actors by name. Doesn't help that I tend to remember females better than males, either....If they're getting Ryukishi07's input if they "invent" something to make the anime adaption make more sense, I wouldn't mind. I'm someone who wouldn't enjoy seeing a bunch of red text while trying to watch the anime. :/
She didnt sing Marisa stole the precious thing she sang tsurupettan but I agree it would be nice to hear it in the anime.
Old 2009-05-26, 11:22   Link #354
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
The real problem I see with episode 4 is, that it offers much more new content in the beginning than episode 2 and 3.
You can probably leave out much of the beginning of the family conference, everybody meeting again and also many repeating 'finding out what happened' moments on the Meta-plane.
That might be so, but I personally don't see the point of the two giant delusions of Maria and Ange to serve any importance besides to convey the whole "hapiness depends on how you see it" thing (which of course, is quite BS as they are just delusions)

Thus I think those are scenes that can be really condensed, and focus more on the adventures of Ange and Amakusa. Personally I think more emphasis should be put on ep3, more than the other 3 episodes.
Old 2009-05-26, 12:48   Link #355
maximilianjenus
[E]

Yeah, basically, if they don't cut a lto of things, the anime might get fairly slow and thus boring for most people. still, some of the last arc of higurashi lasted a good amount of episodes yet were not boring.
Old 2009-05-26, 15:19   Link #356
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Yeah, basically, if they don't cut a lto of things, the anime might get fairly slow and thus boring for most people. still, some of the last arc of higurashi lasted a good amount of episodes yet were not boring.
Yeah leaving too much drama in may really kill the pace.
I have to admit I considered Minagoroshi both in the Game and in the Anime to be quite a drag, because you only waited for the moment where 'whiny girl' would finally come to her senses and call for help.
Of course it was necessary in a way and the ending proved to have all the more impact, but still I wouldn't want to go through this another time.

Quote:
That might be so, but I personally don't see the point of the two giant delusions of Maria and Ange to serve any importance besides to convey the whole "hapiness depends on how you see it" thing (which of course, is quite BS as they are just delusions)
Well, we still have to wait what the real 'truth' behind everything is. Of course right now they only seem to be two giant illusions, but there were still 2 or 3 things being told by the stakes and Sakutaro that couldn't be known to Ange...so there's still the question in how far they really are just a delusion.
And well I wouldn't call it BS, that would be a bit too harsh to describe the complete youth of Maria, wouldn't it?

I on the other hand hope there's not a bit of Ange/Amakusa in the anime...but that's my subjective view because those parts of Episode 4 dragged like hell for me.
Old 2009-05-26, 18:06   Link #357
tcaz2

Quote:
I have to admit I considered Minagoroshi both in the Game and in the Anime to be quite a drag,
That's funny because Minagoroshi-hen was my favorite arc >.>

And I quite enjoy the Ange and Maria back story in 4. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 2009-05-26, 18:09   Link #358
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Minagoroshi-hen was also my favorite arc in the anime. O.o

Though... Ange and Maria's backstories in EP4 just drags on and on...

Old 2009-05-26, 18:30   Link #359
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I liked Ange's back stories. Maria.... not as much, since it's mostly the same stuff done differently, but the "uu" thing was pretty sad/cute. :/

I liked pretty much everything about Kai....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
She didnt sing Marisa stole the precious thing she sang tsurupettan but I agree it would be nice to hear it in the anime.
Argh, yeah, I just remembered when I left for work and didn't bother to edit. I guess I got mind fcuked when she's dressing up as Marisa, so I think of Marisa. And there's this very nice Umineko version that I still faintly remember....

-sigh- I could see them cutting out that entire chapter. Kanon and Jessica still have enough interactions with each other in the mansion. It'd just mean people might go "Er, what?" when we see her brass knuckles in ep4. They didn't appear in ep3, right?

Still, it'd be amazing to her Inoue Marina trying to sing it. ;_____;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-26, 20:39   Link #360
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
I liked Ange's back stories. Maria.... not as much, since it's mostly the same stuff done differently, but the "uu" thing was pretty sad/cute. :/

I liked pretty much everything about Kai....Argh, yeah, I just remembered when I left for work and didn't bother to edit. I guess I got mind fcuked when she's dressing up as Marisa, so I think of Marisa. And there's this very nice Umineko version that I still faintly remember....

-sigh- I could see them cutting out that entire chapter. Kanon and Jessica still have enough interactions with each other in the mansion. It'd just mean people might go "Er, what?" when we see her brass knuckles in ep4. They didn't appear in ep3, right?

Still, it'd be amazing to her Inoue Marina trying to sing it. ;_____;
I really hope they don't cut out the school festival stuff. It really helps explains Jessica's home life, like how she interacts with her parents, and builds up on the 2nd twilight scene in EP 2.
Closed Thread