AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-10, 10:26   Link #1
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Send a message via AIM to Rin-Kun Send a message via MSN to Rin-Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Rin-Kun
Review of "Shuffle! Live Only For You" DVD

Here is my comment it was good not bad some special scene that u never seen b4 and u can 2 see the voice actor sings......

what is ur comment on it?
Old 2006-03-10, 10:56   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

If anyone is wondering what this thread is about, I suspect it's the DVD release of the "Shuffle! Live Only For You" special.

Release date: Feb 24, 2006
Running Time: 180 Minutes
Starring: Sayaka Aoki, Miki Ito, Yuria, Tomokazu Sugita

Links

Official Shuffle site
cdJapan
Play-Asia
Old 2006-03-10, 13:01   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thats not really a review 'Rin-kun' though, i'll be ordering it this weekend - hopefully it'll be a fun watch.. even though i've no idea what to suspect.
Old 2006-03-10, 16:02   Link #4
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Send a message via AIM to Rin-Kun Send a message via MSN to Rin-Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Rin-Kun
ok... maoke me look like a dope...
[spoiler]at 1st yuria sings then this fat dude call them out and they have a game and all the voice actor acts then sing all their song like the nerine and the nerine's song and then yuria sings the other song....[/spolier]
is that ok now?
Old 2006-03-10, 16:04   Link #5
wildarmsheero
Three Times As Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
If anyone is wondering what this thread is about, I suspect it's the DVD release of the "Shuffle! Live Only For You" special.

Release date: Feb 24, 2006
Running Time: 180 Minutes
Starring: Sayaka Aoki, Miki Ito, Yuria, Tomokazu Sugita
No Yuko Goto or hitomi? Fail
Old 2006-03-10, 16:11   Link #6
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildarmsheero
No Yuko Goto or hitomi? Fail
the kaede voice acotor was away and dunno who else u are talking about
Old 2006-03-10, 17:24   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

that's not really a review so much as a narration ... and I'm thinking spoilers aren't really necessary since people want to know what they're getting for their dollar.

So far sounds a bit average other than its just fun to see the voice actors ham it up.
Usually one find that voice actor singing skills live are a bit flakier than that "perfect studio take" ... but then I think the point is just for the actors and their fans to have some fun.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-10 at 18:40.
Old 2006-03-11, 06:10   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Kun
the kaede voice acotor was away and dunno who else u are talking about
hitomi's Primula's VA.
Old 2006-03-11, 09:46   Link #9
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
hitomi's Primula's VA.
O there is rimu-chan's VA but the VA is different from the game VA the game va looks sooooooo much better and the one in the anime is big boned(don't wanna be mean and say fat.....)
Old 2006-03-11, 13:09   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
O there is rimu-chan's VA but the VA is different from the game VA the game va looks sooooooo much better and the one in the anime is big boned(don't wanna be mean and say fat.....)
That's... news to me... I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that all the voice actors in the anime were the same as the ones in the game. I remember that because it was a bit unusual for the genre. Maybe I'm wrong; maybe they could only get some of the same VAs, or maybe I'm just imagining things. That being said, they sure do sound the same...

Anyway, haven't had a chance to watch the main video yet, but I did check out the non-credit OP/ED and Shuffle anime commercials on the disc. Sort of a fun little extra for a concert DVD.
Old 2006-03-11, 13:20   Link #11
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Hokuto Minami and Hitomi is the same person. Many seiyuus use pseudonyms for various reasons in which I wrote extensively about somewhere, but I can't seem to find it...
Old 2006-03-11, 13:53   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
in which I wrote extensively about somewhere, but I can't seem to find it...
It was in the The Industry - Lifestyle and Wages thread found in the General Anime forum.
Old 2006-03-11, 14:30   Link #13
wildarmsheero
Three Times As Fast

Quote:
Hokuto Minami and Hitomi is the same person.
Does that apply for the rest of the seiyuu as well? When I looked at the game credits I was rather dissapointed that they were "different". I did consider pseudonyms, though.

Quote:
Many seiyuus use pseudonyms for various reasons in which I wrote extensively about somewhere, but I can't seem to find it...
Would the reason in this case be because they were in an eroge? :P
Old 2006-03-11, 15:05   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its very common in ero-games to use a "stage name"... just in case they make it big later in mainstream. KOTOKO is one of the few I can think of that has managed the "water rolling off a duck" transition... and seems to have managed it fairly well.
I'm sure there are others (of course, I imagine "KOTOKO" is a "stage name" itself ).

edit: eyah, kj's article is pretty thorough.
Old 2006-03-11, 15:13   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Anyway, haven't had a chance to watch the main video yet, but I did check out the non-credit OP/ED and Shuffle anime commercials on the disc. Sort of a fun little extra for a concert DVD.
You'll have to share the info' on how long the main thing lasts - just a bit of news i wouldn't mind knowing before placing a order.
Old 2006-03-11, 16:32   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow a series I consider so average seems to have a ridiculously robust fan-following...Incredible, quite impressive...

Those ecchi-pics are also pretty hawt...
Old 2006-03-11, 18:55   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A lot of us liked the *characters* .... whom we feel the writing staff treated pretty poorly.... much like I like certain other series wherein they completely goofed but had memorable moments.

It would be nice if SOMEONE had a decent review of the "Live" product. Like.. a list of whats on it, whether the quality of the recording is good, *can* the singers sing in a live performance?, how long each track is...

You know.. the stuff that makes up a review.
Old 2006-03-11, 19:32   Link #18
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
It would be nice if SOMEONE had a decent review of the "Live" product. Like.. a list of whats on it, whether the quality of the recording is good, *can* the singers sing in a live performance?, how long each track is...

You know.. the stuff that makes up a review.
Well, this post from the AnimeOnDVD forums isn't too bad a start. Once I have a chance to watch in its entirety, I'll be sure to post if I have any thoughts of my own about it.
Old 2006-03-11, 20:04   Link #19
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah thanks..... (slips off to take a look) ... but it is nicer to hear info from people you have previous experience with on their take on things

ooooookay .... Yuria is da kyuuuuuute in the pics on that site review

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-11 at 20:22.
Old 2006-03-12, 07:38   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A nice lil' review there & amazing pictures <3. I'll have to order this one now, & don't worry Vexx, i'll be sure to write a nice review. ^^