AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-25, 00:40   Link #1
HopelessLover

Hush* Hush* secrets in your workplace

Right now I'm working part-time at Dunkin Donuts. It Doesn't seem luxurious, but it's just alittle side job for me to earn pocket money while I attend college. Basically, I just thought if people wanted to know what the skinny is about dunkin donuts (like if the coffee get's spit in) or anything else they want to know; then they can just ask all their questions here in this thread. Infact, this whole thread is basically dedicated to sharing and/or answering questions about the secrets of your workplace.

I'll get this started by answering the first question on your mind; employees almost never spit in the coffee at dunkin donuts.

Now it's your turn. Either ask a question about my workplace or share your secrets about yours. Don't be embarrassed or scared, you won't get caught on the internet
Old 2006-06-25, 01:03   Link #2
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
I'll get this started by answering the first question on your mind; employees almost never spit in the coffee at dunkin donuts.

Now it's your turn. Either ask a question about my workplace or share your secrets about yours. Don't be embarrassed or scared, you won't get caught on the internet
...... Now die.
Old 2006-06-25, 01:09   Link #3
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
...... Now die.
lol. Let me explain more on that... What I mean is that I never seen any one spit in any coffee or drink, ever. Even when someone argues and get's mad with a customer they never do it. I said almost never, because I can't vouche for every single dunkin donuts in the world, so I left a little ambiguity in my responce
Old 2006-06-25, 01:25   Link #4
jedinat

Half the employees working fast food have piss on their hands because half the bathrooms in those places require you to touch the door handle to get out of the bathroom. You should see some of the acrobatics I go through to get out of certain bathrooms without touching anything. Trashcans that you have to push hard on the lid to get open... faucets you have to touch to turn off... soap dispensers you've got to press to get it to come out... towel dispensers... all unsanitary!!!
That absolute worse was when I actually had to get a key for the bathroom (it had a huge plastic keychain, and who knows what nightmares it had seen) ...the guy making my tacos handed it to me. I almost walked out right then but I really had to go to the bathroom.

Okay I'm not sure if I went entirely off topic.
Old 2006-06-25, 01:59   Link #5
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
Half the employees working fast food have piss on their hands because half the bathrooms in those places require you to touch the door handle to get out of the bathroom. You should see some of the acrobatics I go through to get out of certain bathrooms without touching anything. Trashcans that you have to push hard on the lid to get open... faucets you have to touch to turn off... soap dispensers you've got to press to get it to come out... towel dispensers... all unsanitary!!!
Just a little OCD are we? Just remember pee is sterile.

My boss and some of my coworkers toke up on the job.
Old 2006-06-25, 02:08   Link #6
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo
Just a little OCD are we?
Just a little ^^
Old 2006-06-25, 02:14   Link #7
HopelessLover

@jedinat: actually, it's funny you mention that because the guys who make the donuts at the dunkin donuts that I work in, dont wash their hands... even after they take a piss next to the garbage just outside the kitchen.
Old 2006-06-25, 03:31   Link #8
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Sorry, there are secrets I wish I could share about my work place, but unfortunately, my NDA (nondisclosure agreement) that I am bound by prohibits it.
Old 2006-06-25, 08:22   Link #9
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
I "used" to work at BestBuy, do not trust anything those sell reps say.
Most of the time its made up BS.

In the employes room we usually have a flat screen plasma or LCD.
And we play Xbox's Halo 2 on it usually during breaks.

We have meetings at 7 AM on Sundays during holiday season.
Frankly waste of time! Though I get paid.

I eventually got the short end of the stick, when I was too honest with customers.
*I still sold my Minimum though*

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki

Last edited by Kurz; 2006-06-25 at 08:51.
Old 2006-06-28, 00:43   Link #10
junko
model bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
That absolute worse was when I actually had to get a key for the bathroom (it had a huge plastic keychain, and who knows what nightmares it had seen) ...the guy making my tacos handed it to me. I almost walked out right then but I really had to go to the bathroom.

Okay I'm not sure if I went entirely off topic.
Wow, I so have the same problem. It's not just bathrooms, either. I obsess about the cleanliness of my kitchen (I seriously considered soaking the plates and cutlery in bleach), and I go crazy when someone wears shoes in the house. :shudder: I've had a cable guy and two electricians out here in the past week, and I had to stop myself from screaming "take off your shoes!" Furhtermore, I've started to freak about my cat and the new puppy we've got. I shudder to think about what they're tracking around the house.

On a side note, it's good to hear that minimum wage slaves aren't spitting in the coffee. I used to work for a building & spa supplier. Sometimes they use really low-grade material to construct the buildings. The builders don't always go through all of the training, and the work is often sloppy. Also, the managers don't always resolve things on a timely basis. I had to call this one guy back five times to get him to fix a building constructed five months prior.
Old 2006-06-28, 01:04   Link #11
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
....minimum wage slaves...

Ouch. The truth hurts
Old 2006-06-28, 01:07   Link #12
junko
model bliss

Quote:
Ouch. The truth hurts
Yeah, so does careful scheduling so you'll never end up with 40 hours and get benefits. Ulta's really bad about that.
Old 2006-06-28, 02:20   Link #13
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
Wow, I so have the same problem. It's not just bathrooms, either. I obsess about the cleanliness of my kitchen (I seriously considered soaking the plates and cutlery in bleach)
At most restaraunts when you wash dishes you're supposed to first scrub them in soapy water, then rinse, then dunk the dishes in water with a VERY mild amount of bleach in it. That way anything that is missed by the scrubbing is killed by the bleach.
Old 2006-06-28, 08:45   Link #14
DaFool
Resident devil

I always wondered what that thin film on the cafeteria plates were. Before I'd ALWAYS get diarrhea, but then my stomach hardened...thanks to some worms no doubt...now I can practically eat anything off the floor.
Old 2006-06-28, 18:16   Link #15
raikage
日本語を食べません!

The bleach should have killed the worms...

*shrugs* I work at Starbucks. Everything is pretty much done right in front of the customer, and I can't think of any secrets.

...except for the existence of a short size (smaller than tall) for when you want a tiny amount of coffee.

I know, not exactly riveting stuff.

Ooh! I know one!

Have you ever got those free drink coupons that get sent around in emails?

They're fake...official Starbucks policy is to inform the customer of their fakeness and then give them the free drink anyway.
Closed Thread