AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 73 56.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 29.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-17, 21:40   Link #61
Spastic_Hobo

HAHAHAHA this episode reminded me why I used to like the manga. I seriously got chills down my spine when

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-17, 21:55   Link #62
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EragonJeriel View Post
He shoulda say keep quiet and i ll let u go..... she was hot too
Well he always could add one more line before the suicide parts to his deathnote. "Suddenly she felt horny and she dragged kira all the way to a secluded area and she gave kira the best time of his life."
Old 2006-11-17, 22:02   Link #63
Spastic_Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well he always could add one more line before the suicide parts to his deathnote. "Suddenly she felt horny and she dragged kira all the way to a secluded area and she gave kira the best time of his life."
Light's too much of a pimp with the younger girls now to be chasing after older women. He can have any girl he wants, why would he settle for the depressed old lady :P
Old 2006-11-17, 22:09   Link #64
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kineas View Post
L and Light has had to make such a decision already, and we all knew what they chose, which was to further their progress in reaching their respective goals.
It's not that black and white. L has already said he's not willing to allow innocent people to die. If L was as sociopathic as Light (or close to as sociopathic) as some people say then he would have done a media blackout to put pressure on Kira, damn the consequences to innocent people. Yes, he allowed Lind to die, but the circumstances behind it are murkier than Light's killings. We don't know if Lind was informed of the danger or not; L doesn't have a Death Note, he can't control other people's actions.

I know L is not a saint, but he's certainly more than a few steps up from Light. (I don't want to get into spoilers.)
Old 2006-11-17, 22:48   Link #65
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
A point about Naomi's gullibility. Firstly, we watch the episode with the benefit of hindsight. Thus we already know that Light is Kira, and is actively plotting to kill her as soon as he knows she has a lead. Naomi has no idea that Light is Kira, as she just sees a high school student, a son of the police chief. There's no special reason for suspecting Light is Kira as she does not know that Light was on that bus where the busjacking occurred.

You know, Naomi is still behaving rationally in the episode. The reason that she was a trained FBI agent is being used by some posters to rationalise why she shouldnt have given away her name to strangers so freely, but that is faulty logic.
Even if she had give out her name to this 'random' person, the point is that she gave away TOO much of what she knew. How many detectives do you know would just walk to random strangers and just blurt out vital information to a huge case? Only her, because she's an idiot and probably why she doesn't work for the FBI anymore.

Secondly, even if she just saw a normal high school student did she not forget the profile that L put out in the beginning?

Kira is supposed to be:
- a student
- living in the Kantou region of Japan
- has an inside leak within the NPA, which is why she went with Raye there, because he was investigating them in the first place

This is general information, seeming how L announced to everyone and their mamas and I'm sure that information got around internationally as well. She must've known considering that's WHY she was in Japan in first place with Raye.

So, even if we knew that he was Kira or not, the point is that she was not supposed to be giving out that information anyways. As a detective, or a FBI agent, former at that, she is to already assume that everyone is a suspect. Son of the police chief of the NPA or not. She might've been consumed with grief, but she still should've known better than to have told him all that information. She did not know Light from a can of paint and should've refrained from letting out all that information, even before he lied to her and told her that he was apart of the investigation.
Old 2006-11-18, 00:24   Link #66
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

You gotta give Naomi more credit than that.She did give a false name at first,but Light worked her real good.He knew she was still on raw emotion for losing Raye and when he handed her a chance for revenge by joining the investigation,he pretty much had her in his pocket.

Also it was interesting to see Aizawa walking by.Had the timing been off by just a few seconds he might have caught Light admitting he's Kira.

What made it for me though was Ryuk's maniacal laughter.He must be having the time of his life!I would like to follow Light around like that too!
Old 2006-11-18, 00:36   Link #67
Lollerpants

I thought the whole Ryuk laughter thing sorta ruined it since originally Ryuk said he was impartial and what not to the game between Light and L; which was obviously not as unbiased as it seems.

But I'd wonder what'd happen if Ryuk just never informed Light of anything or gave away anything that obvious.

Oh well. Good ep, I like the small-twist from Manga (at least I think they made changes right?)
Old 2006-11-18, 06:59   Link #68
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerpants View Post
I thought the whole Ryuk laughter thing sorta ruined it since originally Ryuk said he was impartial and what not to the game between Light and L; which was obviously not as unbiased as it seems.
Ryuk's goal in all of this is to have fun. I find the best way to analyze DN's characters are by what their respective goals are. Ryuk is out of break the monotony of his shinigami lifestyle and if he finds something humourous, he's going to laugh, regardless of bias or the situation of Light and L's chess game.
Old 2006-11-18, 09:05   Link #69
Kineas
Standing Alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juri_miki View Post
Even if she had give out her name to this 'random' person, the point is that she gave away TOO much of what she knew. How many detectives do you know would just walk to random strangers and just blurt out vital information to a huge case? Only her, because she's an idiot and probably why she doesn't work for the FBI anymore.

Secondly, even if she just saw a normal high school student did she not forget the profile that L put out in the beginning?

Kira is supposed to be:
- a student
- living in the Kantou region of Japan
- has an inside leak within the NPA, which is why she went with Raye there, because he was investigating them in the first place

This is general information, seeming how L announced to everyone and their mamas and I'm sure that information got around internationally as well. She must've known considering that's WHY she was in Japan in first place with Raye.

So, even if we knew that he was Kira or not, the point is that she was not supposed to be giving out that information anyways. As a detective, or a FBI agent, former at that, she is to already assume that everyone is a suspect. Son of the police chief of the NPA or not. She might've been consumed with grief, but she still should've known better than to have told him all that information. She did not know Light from a can of paint and should've refrained from letting out all that information, even before he lied to her and told her that he was apart of the investigation.
L didn't put those 3 deductions out to the general public. It was only known within the Japanese police (never mentioned if the FBI agents knew).

So if you subtract that out from your analysis, Naomi has little reason not to tell Light her hypothesis, especially if he's capable of passing on the message to the police since she can't seem to find them in the building.

Secondly, Naomi was only harbouring a hypothesis, a theory. Quite different from being absolutely sure that Kira was the person on the bus that Ray talked to. Since she's an FBI agent and not a member of the general public, her training at crime solving (assuming she was a member of an investigation squad instead of something like, translations department) would have trained her to make deductions and follow up onto them, but not to jump at the first plausible idea and conclude that it's the absolute truth. Thus this helps to explain her normal behaviour at meeting strangers like Light instead of running around paranoid thinking that every person that talks to her is Kira. Now that'll be weird.

Although it would make sense for the viewer if Naomi was absolutely sure that the guy on the bus Ray talked to was Kira, it would be bad storytelling since Naomi was just simply making a good guess (that happened to be accurate). FBI or ex-FBI agents don't bust down people without concrete evidence, right?

I don't think Naomi knew why Ray was posted to Japan until the scene after the busjacking with Naomi and Ray in the hotel room. Naomi made a guess that Ray was in Japan for Kira investigations, and Ray acknowledged it without telling her anything more. I'm quite sure Ray told her not to interfere with the investigations since they were getting married and Naomi quit the FBI already. If that's Ray's attitude towards Naomi then, why would they suddenly discuss off-screen what happened on the bus in depth?
Old 2006-11-18, 10:27   Link #70
chiimack

At first, I couldn't understand the significance of the police officer walking by with an umbrella when it snowed but reading some of the comments, it was just a matter of timing only? Sure, he was sooo close to hearing Light confess but even when you walk by people, you still hear what they are talking about. Surely he would have heard the name Kira or L or some other word to trigger the fact that some strangers are talking about the case. If something piques your curiousity, don't you slow down and try to eavesdrop to find out what they might know? I'm thinking that even though he didn't, perhaps it has registered in his subconcious that they were talking. I wonder if he knows Light is the captains son too or even if someone in the princinct will mention to his father that he had dropped by to see him but left with a girl. I can't wait til the next ep. He is so deliciously evil and conniving.

I had forgotten that there was info not made public and known only to the group dealing with the kira case so Naomis actions do indeed make sense. I, too, had a beef regarding her discussing so freely any hypothesis she had regarding Kira to Light the way she was but thanks to someone mentioning that she would have had no idea that they were supposedly dealing with a kid, her actions do make sense now.
Old 2006-11-18, 10:32   Link #71
Ptolemi
Banned

One thing i can fault this episode for:

Between the time he told her he was Kira and when he was overtaken by the Death Note. That single expression was not enough. I wanted to see tears and a dialogue between them. I wanted her to express her hatred for him and i wanted him to explain to her why he is doing all of this. I wanted to see some exchange of words.

Second she was acting completely rational. ALL of that info, before he told her he was part of the investigation, was justified because he was the son of the cop who headed the whole thing. Do NOT forget to add the fact she was under emotional-pain. She is just human and emotions get to you. Women are also as well more emotional than men AND she still has attachment to her FBI life.

I STILL WANTED TO SEE SOME TALKING BETWEEN THE TWO DAMN IT RIGHT AFTER HE TOLD HER HE WAS KIRA.

Also to the person who said he wouldn't go after her and that he could have any highschool girl he wanted... umm not to sound weird and believe me this will, but based on how other girls (we have seen pretty much one) look in that particular anime world i can surely say she was smoking hot.

Nice body.
Nice hair.
Good mind.
Pretty face.
Sexy eyes

When you add all of that up you get a grade A quality woman. Plus she is more mature, but she still is quite young. What is she? In her 30's? There isn't much of a difference in a womans body in her 20s and 30s if she hasn't had a kid and i don't think she has had one.
Old 2006-11-18, 11:24   Link #72
Darashinai
R.Y.F.

I think I'm the only one bored with Kira (and his oh-so-unlikely luck). It really just doesn't make any sense. With all this talk about how this story emphasizes how life's so unfair, how is it that the anti-hero has a pretty damn fair life?

Also, I'm pretty sure the "good and evil - it's all relative" argument is crap. People have a choice to do as they please as it is in reality. There are no Death Notes to control them. To say "the end justifies the means" even if the end means slavery seems a bit...dumb. At least to people who treasure freedom.

And I am kinda confouned as to why Naomi's in the op sequence if she's dead in 7 eps. It's 30+ eps, so I guess that means we get a new opening sequence some time soon.
Old 2006-11-18, 12:13   Link #73
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Glad to see Raito sweating it...

Really, this is the first time he "seriously" deals with a threat, aka Naomi.
He somehow managed to get her trust, undoubtly Raito should start an actor carrier, he's so bluffing.

But seeing him all panicking was damn funny.

Now we can say with no doubt he's a genius, an evil one.
And it's like he's going to crush all the headquarter web : that guy with umbrella should normally be the next one, and so on.

Am I wrong, or is it the first time Raito comes up with the suicide menu ? I don't like it, because commiting suicide is still oneself decision : Death Note acting on it, rather on physical and/or external matters (heart attack, illness, traffic accident, etc), seriously annoys me.

Besides, I want to see Raito getting his balls...sorry I mean

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-18, 12:22   Link #74
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Hobo View Post
Light's too much of a pimp with the younger girls now to be chasing after older women. He can have any girl he wants, why would he settle for the depressed old lady :P
you should be shot for that firstly Naomi isnt depressed...she was out for revenge! its anger *roar*
secondly Naomi isnt an old lady...she is hot and very smart to boot ^_^

actually anyone here thinks that light is gay?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-18, 12:33   Link #75
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
L didn't put those 3 deductions out to the general public. It was only known within the Japanese police (never mentioned if the FBI agents knew).
Yes he did. Rewatch episode 2/3. L clearly announced it on LIVE TV.

Quote:
So if you subtract that out from your analysis, Naomi has little reason not to tell Light her hypothesis, especially if he's capable of passing on the message to the police since she can't seem to find them in the building.
Let's say that L hadn't of said anything about Kira, why is she telling this complete stranger all of this? No detective goes out there and tells random people about cases. Being a former FBI agent, she should KNOW this.

Quote:
Secondly, Naomi was only harbouring a hypothesis, a theory. Quite different from being absolutely sure that Kira was the person on the bus that Ray talked to. Since she's an FBI agent and not a member of the general public, her training at crime solving (assuming she was a member of an investigation squad instead of something like, translations department) would have trained her to make deductions and follow up onto them, but not to jump at the first plausible idea and conclude that it's the absolute truth. Thus this helps to explain her normal behaviour at meeting strangers like Light instead of running around paranoid thinking that every person that talks to her is Kira. Now that'll be weird.
That I agree, but she was sure enough to go and find the police chief to talk to. There were other people, CLOSER, to her that she could've talked to. Her family or even her coworkers from her old job, but no, she decides that she would tell this random stranger instead instead of just waiting at the station for the police to return. Personally, for someone who had worked at the FBI, she was still way to trusting. I mean, why give out a FAKE name, only let out all that REAL information out? Doesn't that contradict each other? True, she may have though it was just a theory, but she was sure of it enough to head her ass to the station to report it.

Quote:
Although it would make sense for the viewer if Naomi was absolutely sure that the guy on the bus Ray talked to was Kira, it would be bad storytelling since Naomi was just simply making a good guess (that happened to be accurate). FBI or ex-FBI agents don't bust down people without concrete evidence, right?
This has nothing to do with the fact that she knew that he was Kira or not. It's the fact that she's got a big mouth.

Quote:
I don't think Naomi knew why Ray was posted to Japan until the scene after the busjacking with Naomi and Ray in the hotel room. Naomi made a guess that Ray was in Japan for Kira investigations, and Ray acknowledged it without telling her anything more. I'm quite sure Ray told her not to interfere with the investigations since they were getting married and Naomi quit the FBI already. If that's Ray's attitude towards Naomi then, why would they suddenly discuss off-screen what happened on the bus in depth?

She knew
that they were in Japan to investigating possible Kira suspects. She didn't JUST guess that in the hotel room. She KNEW that. She also knew that he had been investigating someone for a while and that's why she said that it was suspicious that the incident happened when he was on the bus. So she's aware that Raye had been investigating a person. She didn't who exactly, but she was aware that Raye was.

The point is that while she was suspicious enough to give him a fake name, she wasn't wise enough to hold back REAL information. This is where she made her mistake AS A DETECTIVE. Whether or not this was theory she was holding, she was sure enough to head down to HQ to report it.

All in all, Naomi wasn't a very good FBI agent and neither was Raye.
Old 2006-11-18, 12:51   Link #76
Ptolemi
Banned

lol the olgic ppl use here is totaly... stupid to put it at best

Let's see now:

He sweet talks her
She just lost her love
He is the son of the guy heading the police department
She has been offered a way to talk to the investigation squad
Light totaly presents to her in a logical way that she is right and that he trusts her
Then he TELLS her he is part of the team and offers a logical explanation for it
Then he sweet talks her more and shows her she can trust him
She gets the same feeling off of him that she gets off of L (they are both geniouses)

BAM she gets owned. As simple as that. Still if she had kids with Light they would be the worl's most evil/sexy looking ppl.
Old 2006-11-18, 13:14   Link #77
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
you should be shot for that firstly Naomi isnt depressed...she was out for revenge! its anger *roar*
secondly Naomi isnt an old lady...she is hot and very smart to boot ^_^

actually anyone here thinks that light is gay?

Hum, no, to a certain extent. And that impression might come from the countless Light x L doujinshi flourishing everywhere
Old 2006-11-18, 13:46   Link #78
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi View Post
lol the olgic ppl use here is totaly... stupid to put it at best

Let's see now:

He sweet talks her
She just lost her love
He is the son of the guy heading the police department
She has been offered a way to talk to the investigation squad
Light totaly presents to her in a logical way that she is right and that he trusts her
Then he TELLS her he is part of the team and offers a logical explanation for it
Then he sweet talks her more and shows her she can trust him
She gets the same feeling off of him that she gets off of L (they are both geniouses)

BAM she gets owned. As simple as that. Still if she had kids with Light they would be the worl's most evil/sexy looking ppl.
yes and + shes a WOMAN

how many women out there would go w/ their feelings or so called woman's intuition?? PLENTY, PPL, PLENTY!! AND SHES 1 OF THEM!! Which is why she trusted Light and gave him her identity

just like Ptolemi said, get over w/ it, almost all the anime out there have loop holes so stop being picky, there is NO PERFECT anime
Old 2006-11-18, 13:57   Link #79
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
yes and + shes a WOMAN

how many women out there would go w/ their feelings or so called woman's intuition?? PLENTY, PPL, PLENTY!! AND SHES 1 OF THEM!! Which is why she trusted Light and gave him her identity

just like Ptolemi said, get over w/ it, almost all the anime out there have loop holes so stop being picky, there is NO PERFECT anime
I don't think she trusted Raito out of his feminine intuition, but rather, as she said, he reminds her of L.
Raito is really emitting a (un)comforting aura pulling people to him. Ray penbar, who was a (skillful, I hope) FBI agent, trusted him too. And he was not a woman, if I'm correct.

Besides, she could have trusted him from the beginning when he told her he was the Police chief son, and given him her true name...
Old 2006-11-18, 14:21   Link #80
[ ]

Send a message via ICQ to [ ] Send a message via AIM to [ ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
Spoiler for just this ep:

In intense episode all round, yes not to much plot or action but the tension is immense and so much is reavealed on both sides, yet again.
Spoiler for more this ep:
Closed Thread