AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-11, 13:31   Link #41
Hakai

Pacing...
Honestly to satisfy us novel readers they will need to animate 2 volumes in 12 episodes
But even if it's 3-4 volumes for 12 episode they can still make a great adaptation for anime only viewers without pissing off the novel readers as long as they get their priorities right(Which they don't most of the times)
Anything beyond that and it'd be a train wreck

Last edited by Hakai; 2016-01-12 at 00:59. Reason: stupid typo
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 13:39   Link #42
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Pacing...
Honestly to satisfy us novel readers they will need to animate 2 volumes in 12 episodes
But even if it's 3-4 volumes for 12 episode they can still make a great adaption for anime only viewers without pissing off the novel readers as long as they get their priorities right(Which they don't most of the times)
Anything beyond that and it'd be a train wreck
thank you cake-san
Old 2016-01-11, 13:46   Link #43
RDNexus

Nowadays, I'm not the kind who sees 1/2 volumes per cour as a good choice of adaption, given the most recent cases in the least (Rokka & SubeteF).
3/4 episodes per cour, depending of the story's content per volume, seems to me like the best approach to LN adaptions. So I agree with Cake as well.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 13:53   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Nowadays, I'm not the kind who sees 1/2 volumes per cour as a good choice of adaption, given the most recent cases in the least (Rokka & SubeteF).
3/4 episodes per cour, depending of the story's content per volume, seems to me like the best approach to LN adaptions. So I agree with Cake as well.
I personally think that it of course depends on the source material for what makes sense. Some stories flow better in the 3-4 episode format, while some really do need the 6 episodes or more. You have to have the content within a specific story arc to last or of course it will be too dragged out.

I have no idea what makes the most sense for this series since I haven't read the novels. Can only hope they make the right call so the story will be presented in a good way.
Old 2016-01-11, 14:04   Link #45
Medivh

I find the pacing fine. The only major thing they left out was the chase for lux. If you find that the chase was absolutely needed, then you will be disappointed. Furthermore, there is even more scenes with krulucifer in it.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 14:33   Link #46
Malicre

didn't like the light novel so i doubt ill like the anime.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 15:34   Link #47
dark998

Very pretty and not that similar to IS other than the power armor usage (and being harem but neither element was originally presented by that series). Lerche sure has improved a lot in relatively short time, though it helps 3DCG action is being handled by Orange this time.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 15:47   Link #48
Sacredus

1st ep was really good - they adapted 4 from 7 chapters, but that was around 100 from 300 pages of 1st Volume. Also, I just love voice of Krulcifer and Airi.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 16:04   Link #49
RegulusNemea

I heard the adaptation is up to volume 5
Is it true? If it is, then ending would be a cliffhanger
Old 2016-01-11, 16:24   Link #50
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegulusNemea View Post
I heard the adaptation is up to volume 5
Is it true? If it is, then ending would be a cliffhanger
We saw a character that appeared in volume 4.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 16:39   Link #51
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quite a bit of deja vu here -- nothing unexpected in the story except the body-mark -- but I enjoyed it. Bit of a rush for the princess to get from despise to like and admire, but I could accept it. An unavoidable result of necessary compression, I suppose. Anyway, I like things t go too fast rather than too slow. Not a huge fan of Lynn's voice as the heroine, so far, but Tamura Mutsumi as the ex-prince and Ozawa Ari as his sister were both excellent.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 17:10   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say that moved pretty quickly, but I'm ok with that. Didn't have to drag out the issue with Lisha. Might have gotten to be a bit much with Lisha being pissed to that degree for too long.

Certainly her reason for being pissed off had more depth to it than what is normal for that situation. Being seen was embarrassing, but there was something much more important involved there. Not to mention the issue was who saw it. Can only imagine the scandal or embarrassment for the new nation to have it known that Lisha has a brand of the old empire on her body. Can certainly speculate on that point.

Talk about a rough situation though. The old royal family members that aren't dead are basically fined to the extreme and left to work off their debt to the new country. Both Lux and his sister share that stigma. I suppose it could have been worse. The new country could have decided to murder any relatives of the old empire, but it's still unfortunate. Considering it was 5 years ago, neither Lux or his sister personally did anything to deserve this. They just happened to be born in that royal family.

Certainly nice to see that both Lux and Lisha have some skill. Lux doing so well against her in that generic, though partly because he was dragging it out. A tie was more than fine for him while she was constantly upping her attack in order to take him down and win. Lot easier to try and just not lose.
Old 2016-01-11, 17:44   Link #53
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

another typical LN
Old 2016-01-11, 17:58   Link #54
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

what? are they rushing it too much?
I read the manga so I know that Lisha's arc is pretty boring at the start
but I feel bad for anime-only viewer
Even all the explanations are rushed.. They should not put Drag-ride stuff with Abyss stuff in same episode.. I'm totally okay if they want to split this battle to two episodes instead of packing them into 30 min show

They cut out Lux's chase *which is quite funny* and Lux's comment about Lisha's panties
I think they awkwardly introducing Krulucifer here.. she even pictured as stalker so far

and Lisha should not be this annoying.... well, at least she turned back to Lisha that I know at the end of the episode

the only thing I feel satisfied with is Lux... Yes! That is totally Lux! great job! and Airi as well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 18:13   Link #55
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
what? are they rushing it too much?
I read the manga so I know that Lisha's arc is pretty boring at the start
but I feel bad for anime-only viewer
Even all the explanations are rushed.. They should not put Drag-ride stuff with Abyss stuff in same episode.. I'm totally okay if they want to split this battle to two episodes instead of packing them into 30 min show

They cut out Lux's chase *which is quite funny* and Lux's comment about Lisha's panties
I think they awkwardly introducing Krulucifer here.. she even pictured as stalker so far

and Lisha should not be this annoying.... well, at least she turned back to Lisha that I know at the end of the episode

the only thing I feel satisfied with is Lux... Yes! That is totally Lux! great job! and Airi as well
I think they'll flashback on Lux's attempted escape during Krulucifer's arc or next episode.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 18:29   Link #56
Hakuro
Banned

Any source of information about how many volumes is Lerche going to adapt?
Hakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 18:35   Link #57
Zakoo

So I spent my whole time in another french board giving my impression and I have exam at 8 tomorrow so I will share my simple impression

-Animation is quite good, they did a fair job to show the difference between normal drag ride and divine drag ride. At the same time it shows how much Lux is skilled to be able to do a draw against Lisha : not only is she strong she also possesses a massive destruction weapon.

-Foreshadowing : Excellent foreshadowing, be it before the opening or during Lux memories, I feared they would show too much but no, it's perfect, and I understand the reason they didn't show "too much" before the opening, very good choice.

-Seiyu : Good, I enjoy Lux voice unlike many people, fine by me, even Airi voice is good.

-Opening : I won't judge the music, but the images in the opening do justice to the anime, they show a bit of everything ( and above all they show "her")

-Adaptation quality/pacing : Not bad but not good either, they cut a lot of passage -in my opinion important passage- but since they need to do 4 volumes in 12 episodes meaning 3 episodes per volume, they need to haste in such beginning to have better final.

In short not bad but not good either, something like 6.5/10. I was expecting something worst but they did a fair job holding.

Generally when I watch anime I do it without thinking deeply about thing but since I do love this LN and I read it a lot of time to understand everything, every choices the staff did enter my head and I do think it's a very difficult job, they did good and I hope they will keep up.

though I do maintain my opinion they could have done vol.1 : 4 episode, vol 2: 3 episode, vol 3 : 2 episodes and vol 4: 3 episodes. I think having a good intro for an anime is one of the most important thing and right now it's quite a hasty beginning thus giving the impression of a "cliché" anime.

TL;DR : Lisha is quite cute ... wait that's no resume at all.

Quote:
Any source of information about how many volumes is Lerche going to adapt?
Until vol 4.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 18:44   Link #58
Wandering Soul

Lux's voice is going to take some getting used to. If the opening is any indication this series will go up to volume 4.
Old 2016-01-11, 19:14   Link #59
KnightShade

having re-watched the subs, this can still play out well even with 3 episode per ln pace. anyone know the directors track record?
Old 2016-01-11, 19:43   Link #60
HandofFate

reminds me of a mix of Danmachi MC and IS

Tags
harem, mecha