AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2018-05-12, 06:53   Link #381
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is worth noting that schedule can go completely whack when 1 process is ahead or late compared to others.
For example, Yukino Satsuki confirmed few days ago she was done with the recording of the entire season.

This means that the general delay is most likely caused by episode animations behind schedule, since writing has to be done before they can record voice lines.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-05-13 at 06:07.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 05:29   Link #382
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Yeah, I suggest those who like to know more about anime production in Japan watch SHIROBAKO, it's a very good series anyway.
The thing is, anime productions are very costly and (with news of lower salary than normal) few people joined the industry, making production delays become more and more a commonplace there; as such, they may need clip shows to fill in the airing gap. The most bizarre case I saw was God Eater the anime in that case.

In any case, the clip show for this week actually contains better music than the airing version, which is good, at least they didn't forgot these.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 15:11   Link #383
Ghostfriendly

It's not very encouraging that there may be production problems this early in the run. The late episodes of Girls Und Panzer were right at the end.

The 'ep 4.5' for Gun Gale Online as well makes me worry that this is the 'next big idea' for anime series, to intentionally take pressure off production. Really, the less recap the better, and don't get me started on the 4 ep Wolf's Rain recap...
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 16:34   Link #384
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Guys, what does this say? Is the airing postponed for Monday, or what?

http://fullmeta-iv.com/news/index00840000.html
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 08:12   Link #385
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looks like a schedule change.

At this rate, Funi’ll be at least an episode behind.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 12:20   Link #386
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So they changed the series' date?
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 12:31   Link #387
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

They just delayed a bit. I can now watch it on local broadcasters.
Old 2018-05-25, 12:48   Link #388
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is merely a delay announcement for Docomo anime store. It doesn't affect TV stations and other broadcast platforms.
Old 2018-06-08, 11:09   Link #389
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There will be another "Intermission episode" next week.
So it is safe to say they are doing a recap episode after each arc/novel at this point.
Old 2018-06-21, 13:27   Link #390
Darthtabby

Sorry everyone, it looks like I may have generated some false hope for a second cour. A while back, I noted that the disc releases are supposed to include the twelve part DVMC audio drama and that the third disc appeared to include parts five and six of an audio drama. I took that as an indication that the series would be split cour with additional as yet unannounced disc releases still to come.

Unfortunately further investigation indicates that the entirety of the DVMC audio drama is included as an extra with Invisible Victory's first disc release. So the "write down original audio drama" (hey, I'm relying on google translate here) that each disc release has two parts of would appear to be something else.

I'm still hoping they'll announce a second cour at the end of this one but from where I sit it's looking a lot less likely.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 13:31   Link #391
HtwoN

Can they adapt everything left in 4 episodes though? We still have a lot of materials.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 14:30   Link #392
amehmood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Can they adapt everything left in 4 episodes though? We still have a lot of materials.
They definitely cannot adapt everything in 4 episodes. It has been confirmed officially that this season will adapt novels 7-9. 7-8 are done and the last 4 episodes will adapt 9. That leaves 3 more novels for another cour presumably. What I think will happen is a split cour announcement at the end of this cour's broadcast. It doesn't really make much sense otherwise. The PS4 game has already adapted the entirety of the story with full voice so I think that's an indicator they will adapt the rest for the anime too.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 11:51   Link #393
marconii2002

According to Tokyo MX TV schedule 10 episode is last http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/130067

I checked AT-X tv schedule and I don't found episodes 11-12.

Also according to http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/4848/time episodes 11-12 will air 23.07.2018 on BS11
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 14:22   Link #394
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by amehmood16 View Post
They definitely cannot adapt everything in 4 episodes. It has been confirmed officially that this season will adapt novels 7-9. 7-8 are done and the last 4 episodes will adapt 9. That leaves 3 more novels for another cour presumably. What I think will happen is a split cour announcement at the end of this cour's broadcast. It doesn't really make much sense otherwise. The PS4 game has already adapted the entirety of the story with full voice so I think that's an indicator they will adapt the rest for the anime too.
Actually, there're just two more novels left (NOT/SBM) but each of them are being split to two-parts, so you can say there're 4 novels. That said, I won't be surprised to see they'll announce Second Season after airing the last episode, even it may happen late July like marconi said; the Japanese anime industry is pretty messed up these years so much that titles from big IP like FELE has to delay airing time of the last episodes.
Old 2018-06-23, 07:51   Link #395
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda0201 View Post
I don't care which studio is doing it! I never thought a continuation or a reboot or w/e would ever be made again for FMP so this feels like a dream!!
Heck, Sagara Sousuke was one of the reasons that got me into anime so I'm literally crying tears of joy here!
Now that you know it's XEBEC do you still not care which studio it is.

To be fair though the mechanical animation seems spot on. But the character designs seems to be different from what I remember.

By the way where's that die hard on a boat type sequence from the book? You know the one that intro-ed the Alastors. Did it not get animated? I wonder why?
Old 2018-06-23, 08:19   Link #396
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That part of the plot, Dancing Very Mery Christmas, was skipped and made into a drama CD which will be included in the first BD as a bonus.
Considering how they could barely squeeze content for the first cour, there was no way for them to adapt content up to the end without some major cuts.
Old 2018-07-13, 04:45   Link #397
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Episode 11 teaser:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-07-13, 07:56   Link #398
amehmood16

The staff list for episode 11 looks decent. For the first time since episode 4 we are back to 1 Animation Director which is nice so there should not be TOO much of a drop in animation quality compared to the past couple episodes. The storyboarding and directing are done by the Yamato 2199 guys who did episode 3 which imo was quite nice. So overall it looks reasonable to expect a bounce back in animation quality.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 09:05   Link #399
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The PV looks good. It restores my confidence for a little bit.
Old 2018-07-18, 10:52   Link #400
marconii2002

In the end it was one cour anime. Second cour was not annonced.
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote