AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 17:26   Link #41
nacer666

This is the position of this novel's characters among the top male and
female characters according to
the annual light novel guide
book.
Top Male Characters - Name
(Series): 4. Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari
Ore no Seishun Love Come
wa Machigatteiru) 24. Totsuka Saika (Yahari Ore
no Seishun Love Come wa
Machigatteiru)
Top Female Characters -
Name (Series):
8. Yukinoshita Yukino (Yahari
Ore no Seishun Love Come
wa Machigatteiru) 21. Yuigahama Yui (Yahari Ore
no Seishun Love Come wa
Machigatteiru)
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:35   Link #42
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Spoiler tags man, but thanks. This explains why he didn't react or change his expression in that flashback. Did he ever find out that someone was bringing cakes for him?

Does Yui know he never got the cakes?

Does Yukino know about this?
Maybe they know and that is the reason they act the way they act. For example Yui is very friendly towards Hachiman ever since she appeared.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:42   Link #43
kobester11

Ugh... Who edited the wiki? It's even more spoilerific than this thread!!!
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 22:21   Link #44
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
It is your own fault for reading the wiki. Cause wiki is already a public access than can be edited by anyone of course somebody out there would want to update the info.
Old 2013-04-14, 23:15   Link #45
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Most of what's written there is "1st volume" level stuff. That means that by the next episode or 2/3 manga chapters it will become void. They actually lack the coolest stuff.
Old 2013-04-15, 00:59   Link #46
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
It is your own fault for reading the wiki. Cause wiki is already a public access than can be edited by anyone of course somebody out there would want to update the info.
Dont worry dude, i already know whats gonna happen. Heck way before when theres no wiki or even this thread yet. What im saying is to be considerate to the anime only viewers. Its wikipedia and not tv tropes

They even described yukinos sister...
Old 2013-04-15, 03:36   Link #47
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Most of what's written there is "1st volume" level stuff. That means that by the next episode or 2/3 manga chapters it will become void. They actually lack the coolest stuff.
While at most they have that level of info, it doesn't really mean much to me. It sure had me go "Oh ho ho, so there were things going on between them" though.

You would probably be very more concerned of information you'll obtain way ahead of entire adaptations - information that will never make it to the current adaptation.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:57   Link #48
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
While at most they have that level of info, it doesn't really mean much to me. It sure had me go "Oh ho ho, so there were things going on between them" though.

You would probably be very more concerned of information you'll obtain way ahead of entire adaptations - information that will never make it to the current adaptation.
I won't be specific but it doesn't even state about the rip between Yokino and Hachiman.
Old 2013-04-17, 15:50   Link #49
terribad

Great, there seems to be a couple of people who have read the light novels here. So optimistically speaking, at some point detailed summaries of each novel will be posted like the Monogatari novel series.

Has anyone read Volume 7? I've been reading a lot of google translated blogs and anime reviews and have a general idea but I'd still like to validate said ideas.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 20:03   Link #50
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Just finished the first two volumes, I guess I am starting to get a feel of what to expect out of the novel.

So far what I like about the novel are the character interactions and how the various characters are shaped. The rom and com side of the story is somewhat on the very slow side though (I think so far it is hinted Yui may like Hachiman, and I find the small panels between chapters to hold most of the comedy).

Yukino's is somewhat of a special case. She takes on an important role but I never get what she is thinking about.

I can't help when her twisted tongue reminde of Masuzu from Oreshura while I read a few months ago (and to be refreshed through the anime) - though I think Masuzu wins in that department.

Had a good laugh @ Yukino during the tennis match when she ran out of breath due to never needing to spend effort into learning stuff.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 20:27   Link #51
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Just finished the first two volumes, I guess I am starting to get a feel of what to expect out of the novel.

So far what I like about the novel are the character interactions and how the various characters are shaped. The rom and com side of the story is somewhat on the very slow side though (I think so far it is hinted Yui may like Hachiman, and I find the small panels between chapters to hold most of the comedy).

Yukino's is somewhat of a special case. She takes on an important role but I never get what she is thinking about.

I can't help when her twisted tongue reminde of Masuzu from Oreshura while I read a few months ago (and to be refreshed through the anime) - though I think Masuzu wins in that department.

Had a good laugh @ Yukino during the tennis match when she ran out of breath due to never needing to spend effort into learning stuff.
Oh if you've read the novels could just tell me if every chapter begins with Hachiman deviating from his assignment by spouting some of his cynical beliefs and getting scolded by the teacher?

I just want to know does Hachiman get any more victories like with the case of Yui?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 20:40   Link #52
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Not start of every chapter, but he does continue to write awkward stuff in his assignment (ie: he wrote how he wants to be a housewife (1) as a career)or give excuses which earned him a good punch from the teacher.

(1) What is the proper male term for housewife? I had something good but it slipped my mind.

@Vol2 score is current 2-2 supposedly, I am not sure how points are allotted.
Old 2013-04-17, 21:05   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Quote:

(1) What is the proper male term for housewife? I had something good but it slipped my mind.
Househusband?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 22:02   Link #54
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
@Vol2 score is current 2-2 supposedly, I am not sure how points are allotted.
For the scoring and the match terms, they are obviously using democracy (aka, what Shizuka says is the absolute law )
Old 2013-04-18, 01:08   Link #55
kobester11

I hope they don't cut/censor the fanservice next episode!!!!
Old 2013-04-18, 09:59   Link #56
NeutralZero

just notice the harem tag in the series even though thhe manga dosn't have one...
though it would be nice if it was a love triangle...
So who are included in his harem aside from yuki and yui?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 10:32   Link #57
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
just notice the harem tag in the series even though thhe manga dosn't have one...
though it would be nice if it was a love triangle...
So who are included in his harem aside from yuki and yui?

Eh!! Is Yukino also has romantic feeling to Hachiman?
Old 2013-04-18, 10:50   Link #58
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Eh!! Is Yukino also has romantic feeling to Hachiman?
Not really, but they get somehow closer in the later volumes.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:38   Link #59
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Started v3:
if there is any romance in this, it must be between Hachiman and Saika. Its quite obvious the two of them are attracted to each other.

I feel bad for Yui.

Yukino and Hacchiman imo are very similar to each other: Yukino developed her sharp tongue to keep people away because her talents and good looks attracted too much hostility, while the once overly sensitive Hacchiman decided to become a lone hermit because of he has lost all confidence in relationship with other people.
Old 2013-04-18, 13:47   Link #60
terribad

Quote:
Not really, but they get somehow closer in the later volumes.
I'm hoping "not really" means I can legitimately convince myself that she has no romantic feelings for him. In other words I'm hoping "not really" means no without shipping goggles. However, sorry Jessup, I can handle the truth.

As they get closer, how does their dialogue change? I say this because the snark to snark combat was a major draw for me.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-04-18 at 15:00.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck