AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Vivid Strike! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 42.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-11-11, 22:44   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Vivid Strike! - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Vivid Strike!, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2016-11-12, 11:20   Link #2
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Vivio should beat the shit out of Rinne, then forefit before winning. That way we get the best of all worlds: Vivio doesn't suffer the Worf effect, Rinne is humiliated and we still get Fuka VS Rinne. DO IT, WRITERS!
Old 2016-11-12, 12:19   Link #3
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

I'd actually be happily amused to see Vivio stop the match and just walk away from Rinne.
Old 2016-11-12, 12:50   Link #4
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Vivio has improved massively. Her current powerlevel is of 3.5 miuras now.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2016-11-12, 13:13   Link #5
vic-vic

Miura had a very good chances of winning... she just used a wrong move at the end. So, Vivio had the very important advantage of the knowledge about Rinne.

BTW, didn't Rinne agreed to fight Fuuka if she lose to any member of Nakajima Gym (originally, it was just lose to Miura but Rinne get a bit too arrogant)?

P.S. As it was stated on the Fridge page on TvTropes, Vivio also is a counter-matchup for Rinne.

Last edited by vic-vic; 2016-11-12 at 16:43.
Old 2016-11-12, 16:33   Link #6
Aetherdraw

Haha, talking to Rinne as she's fighting. Vivio's really taken after her moms. That's right girl, you'll be friends with her no matter what. That's the Takamachi way!
Old 2016-11-12, 21:08   Link #7
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
she just used a wrong move at the end.
And had the disadvantage of Rinne getting serious.

~The ASFB~
Old 2016-11-12, 21:31   Link #8
arkhangelsk

This one was very predictable. As predicted, Miura is not seriously hurt. The only surprise in it for me was that they didn't manage to finish with Vivio by the end of this episode.

Unlike with Miura's case, when I went from figuring to know how Rinne would win, to wondering how the f can they let Rinne win after the middle, to the end, so far Vivio's path to defeat is telegraphed - one hit or another Rinne would get in a really good hit and Vivio's weaknesses in defense will eat her. Let's just hope she doesn't get hurt.

Somehow, I don't think Vivio's that kind of character that would get the privilege of doing that forefeit win thing. Even when she's the protagonist, she had pretty bad rolls by the standard of the genre (I mean, losing to the champ to "keep the show realistic" is one thing, but losing to Miura?) She'll be beaten.
Old 2016-11-12, 21:55   Link #9
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I admit they did a better showing this time with the emotional baggage. Given how things were in FORCE I was ready to see Miura acting as if nothing happened, smiling all around and the incident be quickly buried and forgotten, and it was largely like that but with a twist. Miura has lost before but that scene of her crying alone shows that this particular defeat truly stung with her. She didn't had fun this time.

I know is wishful thinking to expect this to go somewhere but now I'm more invested on seeing what will be if Miura during the epilogue (I don't think we'll follow her for the rest of the season).

~The ASFB~
Old 2016-11-12, 22:01   Link #10
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I admit they did a better showing this time with the emotional baggage. Given how things were in FORCE I was ready to see Miura acting as if nothing happened, smiling all around and the incident be quickly buried and forgotten, and it was largely like that but with a twist. Miura has lost before but that scene of her crying alone shows that this particular defeat truly stung with her. She didn't had fun this time.
When I saw the idiot organizers of the competition choose to shine a spotlight on her, I winced. Miura seemed to have taken it relatively well, but it was truly insensitivity for the sake of cheap sensationalization.
Old 2016-11-12, 23:34   Link #11
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Ugh... retarded Tsuzuki with his goddamn PPT episode.
I liked Vivio's ending speech though, truly the Nanoha spirit.
Oh well, hope she wins next week. (Tsuzuki: NO!)
Old 2016-11-12, 23:37   Link #12
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
This one was very predictable. As predicted, Miura is not seriously hurt. The only surprise in it for me was that they didn't manage to finish with Vivio by the end of this episode.

Unlike with Miura's case, when I went from figuring to know how Rinne would win, to wondering how the f can they let Rinne win after the middle, to the end, so far Vivio's path to defeat is telegraphed - one hit or another Rinne would get in a really good hit and Vivio's weaknesses in defense will eat her. Let's just hope she doesn't get hurt.

Somehow, I don't think Vivio's that kind of character that would get the privilege of doing that forefeit win thing. Even when she's the protagonist, she had pretty bad rolls by the standard of the genre (I mean, losing to the champ to "keep the show realistic" is one thing, but losing to Miura?) She'll be beaten.
Spoiler for Vivid spoilers:
Old 2016-11-12, 23:56   Link #13
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYxTxYT View Post
Ugh... retarded Tsuzuki with his goddamn PPT episode.
I liked Vivio's ending speech though, truly the Nanoha spirit.
Oh well, hope she wins next week. (Tsuzuki: NO!)
I'm not blind, I see the stills, but there is a budget, and being Ep7 out of 12 episodes means it will definitely be one of those episodes to receive less. The stuff they showed here is suitable for presentation with stills.

At least so far, we are still getting episodes each week.
Old 2016-11-13, 01:07   Link #14
Aetherdraw

"Due to circumstances in Nove's body, she wasn't allowed to participate in tournaments." Well, she's a combat cyborg, that's quite the advantage already.
Old 2016-11-13, 01:17   Link #15
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post

I know is wishful thinking to expect this to go somewhere but now I'm more invested on seeing what will be if Miura during the epilogue (I don't think we'll follow her for the rest of the season).
Well, in Force Signum acted like nothing happen, because after ages and ages of death and rebirth it's hardly a big news for her. she and her fellow Wolkenritters already prepared to die with Hayate and happy about that.

And SF 6 in their last encounters with Hucks threw almost entire unit at trio of them. So the lesson was learned.

We still have 5 episodes to go... maybe we cn expect another dark reveal. For example that it's NOT a coincedence that Rinne looks so much like her adopted mother?
Old 2016-11-13, 09:41   Link #16
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherdraw View Post
"Due to circumstances in Nove's body, she wasn't allowed to participate in tournaments." Well, she's a combat cyborg, that's quite the advantage already.
And apparently the same applies to Jill. But in her case, it was due to an injury during a match that she had to give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
We still have 5 episodes to go... maybe we cn expect another dark reveal. For example that it's NOT a coincedence that Rinne looks so much like her adopted mother?
Like what? Rinne being a clone of her "grandmother"?
Old 2016-11-13, 16:21   Link #17
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
They could theoretically go against expectations and have Rinne lose. The promise made guarantees a fight against Fuka no matter what. It's not like it has to be in this tournament. Of course I'd still be shocked if Rinne doesn't win. It just feels like they'll leave the win to Fuka.

At the same time I did like it. Love Vivio showing off her main character qualities in this fight. While it's possible and reasonable to leave things to Fuka, Vivio still wants to win. She'll probably lose and her words triggering a violent rage from Rinne, but I liked it. Like her mom...she knows how to fight hard but with the intention of befriending her opponent. She still wants to reach out, to understand Rinne and become her friend. Though the current Rinne may not be willing to hear something like this right now.

I am curious though. There's 5 episodes left. Vivio and Rinne shouldn't take more than half of the next one. No point wondering about Einhart's fights, they are just cake walks. I guess they could spend half of the next one (or whatever is left) for Fuka vs....whoever. One would hope the other block contender would at least be good enough to push Fuka a bit.

But yeah there is plenty of time for Vivio vs Rinne, Fuka vs Rinne, and likely Fuka vs Einhart. I don't think we'll get any unusual reveals at this stage. They seem to be playing this pretty straight forward. Rinne suffering and not realizing she's just sabotaging herself. She wants to avoid tragedy, she wants to see her grandfather smiling, and she doesn't want good people to be hurt....I'm impressed she can avoid seeing the irony in all that. She creates tragedies through her lack of control, her grandfather can't smile because she's miserable, and she's literally beating nice people into the hospital.

Thank god for Ix and her hax powers. Fractures? Miura had fractures by the time she reached the hospital? What fractures? There was nothing left those ribs but bits of bone. Ix's healing powers are god tier. Either regenerated or pulled the shattered bone back together to the point where there was only a light fracture left. Dang, that's amazing!
Old 2016-11-13, 17:13   Link #18
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Rinne suffering and not realizing she's just sabotaging herself. She wants to avoid tragedy, she wants to see her grandfather smiling, and she doesn't want good people to be hurt....I'm impressed she can avoid seeing the irony in all that. She creates tragedies through her lack of control, her grandfather can't smile because she's miserable, and she's literally beating nice people into the hospital.
Ironic indeed. I wonder how the characters (Fuuka?) are going to make Rinne realize what she's been doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Thank god for Ix and her hax powers. Fractures? Miura had fractures by the time she reached the hospital? What fractures? There was nothing left those ribs but bits of bone. Ix's healing powers are god tier. Either regenerated or pulled the shattered bone back together to the point where there was only a light fracture left. Dang, that's amazing!
I'd say the latter, where she magically pieced together the bone fragments and healed them to the point of only being fractured...I don't think regenerating would be a good option, as it would leave bits and pieces of bone lying around

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2016-11-13 at 17:25.
Old 2016-11-13, 17:24   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Ironic indeed. I wonder how the characters (Fuuka?) are going to make Rinne realize what she's been doing.

I'd say the latter, where she magically pieced together the bone fragments and healed them to the point of only being fractured...I don't think the regenerating would be a good option, as it would leave bits and pieces of bone lying around
It's going to be interesting seeing how Fuka will get through to Rinne emotionally. At least this match shows there are potential openings to talk with her . I'm just not sure what Fuka can say exactly that will help Rinne get through this.

Yeah, that does make sense with the type of healing. Impressive in that sense. Plus if it is just piecing things together then I could understand why Miura isn't 100% healed by the end of this episode. Pulling all the bone back together and starting the healing process would probably still leave the bones very fragile. Probably still need for additional healing before her ribs are back to normal.
Old 2016-11-13, 20:00   Link #20
tuckersister

Fuka is gonna face her master, Einhard in the Semifinals. Fuka is probably gonna meet Sieg eventually and learn a couple things from her.

Anyway, Vivio is gonna "win" in a way without winning the match. Looking forward to the next episode to see how she does it. The title is "Winner and Loser". It can be reference in many ways.
Closed Thread