AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: SAO Alternative - Gun Gale Online - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 15.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 53.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 30.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-05-20, 06:22   Link #21
rladls2121

Crazy story.
Wow, what did I miss in this spin-off while Kazuto and his friends were still trapped in SAO?
And all this time Pito was well, suffering in a different way?
I bet Pito really wanted to hear what happened in there from the players that survived.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 06:34   Link #22
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post

How kind of nonsensical plot is this?
I feel Sigsawa had a blast coming up with that one.
Old 2018-05-20, 07:12   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Man what a strange episode. The way it portrays M and Pitou's craziness was awkward to say the least: I'm really not sure if I'm supposed to laugh or not. The idea of two people so crazy as to kill themselves and each other is a really dark subject in itself and at certain moments it treats it as such and yet at the same time tries to play it up as comedy as well. I wonder why LLEN is even remotely interested in getting involved in this puddle of crazy. If I were her, I'd stay as far away from them from here on out and maybe inform the authorities myself. And that's a shame because I actually liked Pitou and M but this revelation has been a huge turn off.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 07:27   Link #24
jwai

I have to wonder just how much of what Goushi said is exaggeration on his part.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 07:34   Link #25
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
The thing is, she doesn't have any proof that they'll do it. I doubt Goushi or Pito will admit their plan to the cops either.
What I've been thinking all along was: does Goushi have any proof that Pito will actually kill someone?

A lot of disturbed people that talk about killing someone or themselves in the end don't do anything.

As far as we know Pito is not a murderer (yet) and she is still alive. And if she had attempted suicide before I think he would have mentioned that.

Of course I'm not saying that he should ignore those dangerous claims, but I wouldn't be absolutely sure about those either. Perhaps Pito just wants to mess with him, perhaps for Pito it's all make believe.

Of course normally I would be inclined to believe that if someone is as sure as something as Goushi is, he has a reason to be so... but Goushi doesn't quite seem completely sane himself, so I see it quite possible that perhaps he's being all that alarmed for nothing.

BTW, has it been suggested before that "M" might stand for "Masochist"?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 08:15   Link #26
Magewolf

Goushi really does not count as a reliable source of information. LLEN was already on the fence about the next SJ so she let those claims push her over even if she has doubts about it.

I think Pito is probably going to turn out to be a chuunibyou idol with Goushi as her overly excitable manager.

Last edited by Magewolf; 2018-05-20 at 10:24.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 10:44   Link #27
HandofFate

So Pito would be me where I lament missing the chance to be struck in a death game
Old 2018-05-20, 12:20   Link #28
wuhugm
Confused Shark

EP 6

It is clear now that :

GGO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SAO
LLENN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kirito

The interaction between real M and LLENN was so fun
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 12:43   Link #29
Tenzen12

Was that clear for like...6 episodes already
Old 2018-05-20, 13:06   Link #30
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Well... yeah
Kino's author is just superior I guess

I kinda hope M x LLENN tho
Old 2018-05-20, 13:26   Link #31
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Well... yeah
Kino's author is just superior I guess

I kinda hope M x LLENN tho
LLENN has P-chan!

M has Pito...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 13:36   Link #32
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^It's better if MC has romance too imho
Would develop LLENN/Karen's character more dealing with her complex
Since SAO failed hard coz except Asuna, every girl just fangirling Kirito
Old 2018-05-20, 18:45   Link #33
rladls2121

But really for two years Pito was in agony in a different way while people trapped in the game has to go through that hell.
I want to know what exactly Pito was doing during those two years and what M was doing the whole time.
M, even in real life he has to be so over dramatic, not that I don't like it.

Makes me wonder what would happen to Pito if some other players beat Pito in a fight instead of Llenn.

So this makes Llenn's complex of her heights is on hold.
Just hold on to that thought until Pito and M cases are done.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 00:04   Link #34
Tenzen12

I wouldn't mind if her complex get revisited in some fashion soon or later, but she already got enough self confidence not depend on her appearance so from most part it's solved.
Old 2018-05-21, 07:52   Link #35
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It showed before, but its worth saying: the gymnastics club is adorable. Its like they jumped straight out of a kirara manga, down to the archetypes. There's even a half russian girl! Well, that would be more like love live, but the point stands. What was actually surprising to me was the revelation I had during that sequence: we just spent half the series on a flashback! The club fawning over Karen kicking butt was literally the first thing we saw! It doesn't anger me though, just a curious fact, though I do wonder what was even the point, its not like we didn't get a glimpse of Karen's real body before that.

And speaking of Karen, poor girl, some looney drags her into his messed up romance story and takes her first kabedon (best part of the epidode to me). That said, I do appreciate having a proper plot to look forward to rather than episodic adventures, and personally, I can see someone like Pito come up in the SAO universe, that is, someone so messed up the idea of a death game looks attractive. Lookimg forward to see what's next, especially Karen's galpal joining the game.

Also, to complement others' opinons, not only does Karen beat Kirito by a longshot, she's ten times better than all the other SAO girls combined.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 08:46   Link #36
Tenzen12

Nah, she doesn't beat Shinon ten times. Only thing she is better then her is choice of friends.
Old 2018-05-21, 08:51   Link #37
ScrewySquirrel

Okay. I was going to suggest that Karen was the "Only Sane (Wo)man, but there is her attraction to P-Chan.

I've seen hentai less blatant than her sexual attraction to the P90.

So no one here is sane.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 10:20   Link #38
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
It showed before, but its worth saying: the gymnastics club is adorable. Its like they jumped straight out of a kirara manga, down to the archetypes. There's even a half russian girl! Well, that would be more like love live, but the point stands. What was actually surprising to me was the revelation I had during that sequence: we just spent half the series on a flashback! The club fawning over Karen kicking butt was literally the first thing we saw! It doesn't anger me though, just a curious fact, though I do wonder what was even the point, its not like we didn't get a glimpse of Karen's real body before that.
Just for reference on the timeline: the original novels are strictly linear (well, except one scene and that scene was skipped in the anime anyway). I presume the animators wanted a flashy first episode so skipped around a bit. I would expect the rest of the episodes to be in a linear timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
Okay. I was going to suggest that Karen was the "Only Sane (Wo)man, but there is her attraction to P-Chan.

So no one here is sane.
The tutorial woman? Though she's a NPC...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 13:38   Link #39
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nah, she doesn't beat Shinon ten times. Only thing she is better then her is choice of friends.
Lack of brutal backstory gives her points, or at least to me it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post

So no one here is sane.
And yet she's terrified when it speaks to her. Guess Karen is into the slient and complying types

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Just for reference on the timeline: the original novels are strictly linear (well, except one scene and that scene was skipped in the anime anyway). I presume the animators wanted a flashy first episode so skipped around a bit. I would expect the rest of the episodes to be in a linear timeline.
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
The tutorial woman? Though she's a NPC...
That's your definition of sanity? I'll stick to Karen's P-sexuality, thanks.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 00:15   Link #40
Tenzen12

Tragic backstory is pretty neutral plot device, on it's own it's neither bad or good. Regardless it works for her.

And it's not even that brutal, spiderman and Bruce had it much worse.