AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-07, 18:30   Link #521
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
You'd just end up being the only one naked.
that is not a problem and i won't be the only one for long. besides i need to learn to be more like Aoi Toori anyway.
Old 2012-08-07, 21:04   Link #522
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
I don't think Saki characters have the sheer strength to pull of a similar feat. However, they do have a big advantage in numbers. There are around half a dozen Saki characters that need to be sniped. Saki also has a large group of midcarders or near elites to do some sniping of their own.

There's also the issue of Toki is in a very difficult position to snipe. Only 2 other characters in her half of the Block even finished in the top 10 of their preliminary group. Sena Airi was in Ryuuka's group and was much weaker than Ryuuka so she's unlikely to be able to do anything. The other is Minase Iori who happens to be in a Round 1 match with Jindai on the same day Toki has a Round 1 match. Of course, Toki has to beat Akari to get out of the Block. I wouldn't really consider that a sniping since Akari could simply just be stronger than Toki.
Not being able to snipe Toki isn't a problem because Toki is actually moe.

I'm more interested in who those half a dozen strong Saki characters are because I count exactly 2.5 (Toki, Kuro, ~Subara)
Old 2012-08-07, 21:38   Link #523
Team Rocket Elite

Onjouji Toki (Saki's #1)
Matsumi Kuro (Saki's #2)
Atarashi Ako (beat Toshino Kyoko)
Haramura Nodoka (beat Kashiwazaki Sena)
Shimizudani Ryuuka (tied Nakano Azusa, Top 10 in vote total)

And to a lesser extent:
Matsumi Yuu
Hanada Kirame
Fukuji Mihoko
Amae Koromo
Touyoko Momoko

I wouldn't really expect any of them to beat Toki head-on, but the top 5 can challenge if not beat anyone else in the bracket. If all of the top 5 Saki characters get sniped for some reason but at least some of the top non-Saki characters get sniped, I'd say the lower 5 start having a chance to win as well.

Edit:
Well after double checking her bracket position, I guess Ryuuka can't actually do anything since she runs into Kuro in Round 2. However, I think she could have done pretty well in a better spot.
Old 2012-08-07, 22:06   Link #524
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

None of them except your 1 and 2 girl can beat Chitanda, Akarin etc and I'm willing to beat an early cardboard that Kuro will have a hard time.
Old 2012-08-07, 22:36   Link #525
Team Rocket Elite

Chitanda? What makes you think she'll be really strong? She won her group and did beat Shizuno but it wasn't by enough to even guarantee she would beat Shizuno is a rematch in the main bracket. Even ignoring stats, Chitanda doesn't seem like she should be way stronger than the Saki 3rd-5th or even stronger at all.

Akarin is definitely a lot of trouble and she might be outright stronger than Toki. I still wouldn't say she a lock to beat any of the top 5 Saki characters, but it would be an uphill battle to take out Akari.
Old 2012-08-07, 22:49   Link #526
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

If we give Chitanda's moe a value of n and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Atarashi Ako (beat Toshino Kyoko)
Haramura Nodoka (beat Kashiwazaki Sena)
Shimizudani Ryuuka (tied Nakano Azusa, Top 10 in vote total)
Matsumi Yuu
Hanada Kirame
Fukuji Mihoko
Amae Koromo
Touyoko Momoko
their moe a value of x then Chitanda wins because n > x.

If she manages to beat the winner of Kuro vs Ryuuka vs Nyarlko/Nadeko then she wins group F, you have my cardboard on that.
Old 2012-08-07, 22:54   Link #527
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am curious about that.
Old 2012-08-07, 23:23   Link #528
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

^http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FTEm2g9nc
Old 2012-08-08, 04:45   Link #529
RJ TAYLER

THE short film is out, REJOICE! One tradition I never miss out on and love. If only someone can do a retroactive version for 2002-2004 then I'd die happy.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:32   Link #530
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

I wouldn't put too much weight on the rankings for Prelim Group 1. The vote totals are always low in the first match as many people don't even know Saimoe had started.
Old 2012-08-08, 08:48   Link #531
uis

Oh so new sigs by ahelo when frustra is lazy to come here...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2012-08-08, 12:17   Link #532
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
If we give Chitanda's moe a value of n and

their moe a value of x then Chitanda wins because n > x.

If she manages to beat the winner of Kuro vs Ryuuka vs Nyarlko/Nadeko then she wins group F, you have my cardboard on that.
Assuming it isn't Mugi-chan instead of Ryuuka, if K-On maintains its resurgent strength or Team Saki doesn't take her out to avoid vote splitting.
Old 2012-08-08, 12:25   Link #533
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

that is going to quite a fight, Elder God vs Snake God
Old 2012-08-08, 17:01   Link #534
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
That's one thing that bothers me when it comes to Saimoe: those titles that I feel are too dominant for the tournament's own good (resulting in show backlash and fear that the finals will be boring due to the last two contenders being from the same overdominant show), with Saki being one of those titles that I feel are too over dominant.

As for Saki not going to win this year. That's hard to say. Sure, the last two times Saki was in the tournament, the show's characters failed to make it to the finals. However, with Madoka Magica's overdominance last year, I'm a little concerned that the same thing that happened last year with Madoka Madoka will happen again this year with Saki.
Saki being over dominant is bothering me as well but since Saki has over 40 characters in Saimoe I feel like it is enough for snipers to notice and snipe them down early as round 1.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:25   Link #535
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Saki being over dominant is bothering me as well but since Saki has over 40 characters in Saimoe I feel like it is enough for snipers to notice and snipe them down early as round 1.
Things. What factions are out there -- other than the Kugimiya faction? Of which, there's one of their own in Tacos.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:48   Link #536
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Things. What factions are out there -- other than the Kugimiya faction? Of which, there's one of their own in Tacos.
there is always Yuno 13, doesn't she always take at least 2 down every Saimoe?
Old 2012-08-08, 17:55   Link #537
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
To be honest for Saki since there is so much characters in Saimoe I don't think factions matter as much since there might be a case people from different factions will merge together and make a giant anti- Saki factions.
Old 2012-08-08, 21:42   Link #538
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Well one problem I can see from the Saki faction is being too many. Half of them will probably get killed in the first round. Some of them will have to face each other (there's even three way Saki matches). Classic example is Block F. If Ryuuka wins then she'll have to duke it out with Kuro and Nyanthorlep/Nadeko and the Saki faction will have to decide who's the odd one out and will that be enough to beat someone like Nyaruko? Madoka had no problems dominating last year because they don't have as many characters and their 5 main guns were separated evenly. All 5 of them would have probably made it to QFs if no one was cheating in the first few rounds.

Saki by round 2 will probably have like 10-20 characters left. In contrast Madoka only had 4 left by round 2. The thing is though by Quarterfinals, Madoka still had 4. Can the Saki faction manage the same feat?
Old 2012-08-08, 21:52   Link #539
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
there is always Yuno 13, doesn't she always take at least 2 down every Saimoe?
The earliest she get to face a Saki girl is Round 3, and it's Mako, who's is Round 2 at max...

But yes, I have Yuno taking down Azu-nyan...

Quote:
Idolm@ster is the next biggest group, but they are not that strong (Oh, and Kugimiya has Iori in that faction also). Yuruyuri is another stronger group, but only Akarin and Kyouko are contenders (and Akarin will have to face Toki to get to QF. Of course, there's always Kyoani faction...

Seiyuu wise, there's always Hanazawa faction. Of course, she has a girl (Kuro) in the Saki faction as well...

Quote:
All 5 of them would have probably made it to QFs if no one was cheating in the first few rounds.
More like "If not for the probably on purpose Round 1 matchup between two girls that finished 1st and 2nd in a prelim group..."
Old 2012-08-09, 02:08   Link #540
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Well one problem I can see from the Saki faction is being too many. Half of them will probably get killed in the first round. Some of them will have to face each other (there's even three way Saki matches). Classic example is Block F. If Ryuuka wins then she'll have to duke it out with Kuro and Nyanthorlep/Nadeko and the Saki faction will have to decide who's the odd one out and will that be enough to beat someone like Nyaruko? Madoka had no problems dominating last year because they don't have as many characters and their 5 main guns were separated evenly. All 5 of them would have probably made it to QFs if no one was cheating in the first few rounds.

Saki by round 2 will probably have like 10-20 characters left. In contrast Madoka only had 4 left by round 2. The thing is though by Quarterfinals, Madoka still had 4. Can the Saki faction manage the same feat?
Since two-thirds of the field leaves by the end of Round 1, Saki would be doing quite well to keep half their characters alive. I think Ryuuka will get bus'd if she reaches that match with Kuro. She might even have been intentionally sacrificed to Tsumugi if her match was on a later date than Kuro's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
More like "If not for the probably on purpose Round 1 matchup between two girls that finished 1st and 2nd in a prelim group..."
Bracket positioning didn't really matter since the Puella Magi proved to be unbeatable in a fair fight last year and Homura is supposed to be the strongest of the 5. Also, if Mikoto and Homura didn't meet on day 1, the cheating probably would just be postponed to whenever she met another Puella Magi.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament