AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-07-14, 12:28   Link #21
Gundam888

I suppose but in a single timeline which all gundam events happen. which are seperate from the standalone timelines.
Gundam888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 13:42   Link #22
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Hmm... This is one of few times I do hate it with 'God' trying to incoporate different timelines. Just like with Megaman - What is the point of Rock, Blue, X, Zero's sacrifice if the world still end up with Legend? The same with Amuro Ray. It makes everything so bleak.
Personally I think Rockman does it way way better than Gundam even if its not perfect either. Some series appears to be solidly connected (relative to Gundam anyways) like the original, X, Zero and ZX while making a good job of making each feel quite distinct. There's enough mystery and gaps between "eras" but not to the point where they basically said "everything is actually in the same universe, here's a few evidence and connection that they are, work with this and figure out the other huge gaps yourself... *handwaves* nanomachines......".

And Capcom is also smart enough to know when to make exceptions for certain series (EXE and Ryusei) rather than forcing it for the sake of just having all the metaseries be in a combination world. To be fair to Sunrise though, they've excluded Build Fighters so I guess this last point isn't totally strong againts them.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2014-07-14 at 23:44.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 14:58   Link #23
Gundam888

And that's dark history is not cannon because it does not follow physics.
Old 2014-07-15, 04:22   Link #24
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam888 View Post
And that's dark history is not cannon because it does not follow physics.
Whether or not an element of a fictional story follows physics may not be relevant as far as its canonicity is concerned.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:24   Link #25
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Gundam. Following Physics. (Laughs so hard he gets a NewType flash of Char and a band of lolis flying around the moon)

Seriously. This is a series with giant robots and psychic powers originally written by a man who wavers between childish cheer and sudden bouts of wantign to annihalate all living things in creation. We're more discussing how the story works (in Tomino's mind anything that hints at being remotely Gundam is part of his Gundam universe, even if he hates it) in relation to the series already out...or not.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 10:36   Link #26
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Whether or not an element of a fictional story follows physics may not be relevant as far as its canonicity is concerned.
This is true though, the creators have the word if they said it. Physics, chemistry and logic be damned.

I mean, Ash Ketchum is still literally ten and I'm under the impression that in-universe there is no reason why that should be the case (like a magic fountain of youth for example). I'm pretty sure he's been featured in at least 365 days in the ten years plus of Pokemon animation. He's ten because the creators said so.
Old 2014-07-15, 12:29   Link #27
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think i'll go with the Kamen Rider Decade & Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger theory........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 13:14   Link #28
Gundam888

Sense use that type physics you still have to follow it to the letter.

For it canon you have follow it to the letter.
Old 2014-07-15, 17:19   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
There's enough mystery and gaps between "eras" but not to the point where they basically said "everything is actually in the same universe, here's a few evidence and connection that they are, work with this and figure out the other huge gaps yourself... *handwaves* nanomachines......".

And Capcom is also smart enough to know when to make exceptions for certain series (EXE and Ryusei) rather than forcing it for the sake of just having all the metaseries be in a combination world. To be fair to Sunrise though, they've excluded Build Fighters so I guess this last point isn't totally strong againts them.
Pretty much this.

Dark History is a flimsy connection at best (for series other than UC/RC, CC & FC(?)). And why do they insist in doing this anyway? What’s wrong with different universes? Each of them is already rich with their own setting & technology. It’s not like tying all series together this way will boost any kind of Gundam merchandise sales. Those Gunpla collectors/modellers (like me) and video game players won’t even give a damn whether all series are connected or not. Storywise, most audience I know only care about the quality of the individual series/timeline. Heck, look at how successful Final Fantasy franchise’s multiverse-approach during Square’s golden days (before they became Square Enix). Also, like SonicSP said above: “And Capcom is also smart enough to know when to make exceptions for certain series”. Gundam 00 & Wing, among others, could use this treatment cause as far as I can remember, their original continuity doesn’t have a “dark, mysterious & apocalyptic past” like X, G(?) and AGE do.
Old 2014-07-15, 17:28   Link #30
Gundam888

And that why it is not canon because it does not follow the physics to make it canon.
Old 2014-07-15, 17:44   Link #31
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And why do they insist in doing this anyway?
Why? Because Tomino wanted to do it. Probably to troll the fans who were all UC vs AU back in the days.

For the record, Tomino was actually planning a sequel to Turn A that never made it past the drawing boards, called "Turn A Space", which would have combined the universes of not only Gundam but all of the shows that he made, ie Ideon, Dunbine, Zambot, etc. Probably would have made your head explode. And Gundam888 would probably have needed to use a lot more physics formulas to prove that one wrong.
Old 2014-07-15, 18:11   Link #32
Gundam888

It is still would probley separate because of the same reasons. And you finely admit I'm right brightman
Old 2014-07-15, 18:56   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Why? Because Tomino wanted to do it. Probably to troll the fans who were all UC vs AU back in the days.

For the record, Tomino was actually planning a sequel to Turn A that never made it past the drawing boards, called "Turn A Space", which would have combined the universes of not only Gundam but all of the shows that he made, ie Ideon, Dunbine, Zambot, etc.
Oh, now that's a real epic right there. I really like to see that happen, probably for the sheer Over-the-top-ness of the idea alone .

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Probably would have made your head explode.
Oh, what is this? A jab at me? You can't do a polite argument anymore? It proves how much discussion you can handle. At least monster can do better than you in a long argument
Old 2014-07-15, 18:59   Link #34
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think brightman intended any bite in that remark, Obelisk.
Old 2014-07-15, 19:02   Link #35
Gundam888

He admitted brightman admitted in his own way that we where right. abelt stubbornly
Old 2014-07-15, 19:12   Link #36
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, what is this? A jab at me? You can't do a polite argument anymore? It proves how much discussion you can handle. At least monster can do better than you in a long argument
Sorry, just a tongue in cheek comment. Guess it came off a bit too harsh, but I meant no offense. Just having a little fun with you.

And you're right, I argue way too much in real life to have any endurance left for arguing on an internet forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam888 View Post
He admitted brightman admitted in his own way that we where right. abelt stubbornly
Sure thing man. Whatever makes you happy.
Old 2014-07-16, 05:10   Link #37
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i think i'll go with the Kamen Rider Decade
- ONORE DICKEIDOOO!!!

Seriously, don't bring him into this. It's all his fault to begin with.
Old 2014-07-16, 07:09   Link #38
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

At least none have started the "Which is the best" war.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 08:46   Link #39
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
At least none have started the "Which is the best" war.
- Why did you have to go and post that? Now they're actually goign to start one...
Old 2014-07-16, 10:56   Link #40
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Why did you have to go and post that? Now they're actually goign to start one...
i thought Build Fighters started that, except with several sucky pilots handling plastic replicas of respective iconic machines, the most famous one with Amuro's Dijeeh vs Freedom Gundam.........
~mokugekise yo Journey through the Decade!!!~
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam