AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-22, 05:56   Link #261
KimmyChan

Lucky you hun! I so wish I was living in the USA just to have the privalege of buying it myself
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 15:17   Link #262
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Ah Ouch, I was just about to say maybe you could order it~ but I remembered about the Region 1, and 2 business. Darn. *Crosses fingers it'll make it over there* D:
Old 2009-06-27, 15:55   Link #263
KimmyChan

Thanks for the fingers being crossed hun, I have mine crossed aswell

Darn my not being able to get hold of a multi-region DVD player, lol!
Old 2009-07-09, 17:21   Link #264
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

IT. HAS. ARRIVEDDDDDD~~~!!! Haha, I was practically stalking the mailman today only to have it arrive while I was preparing dinner T_T

~Click on the images to get a bigger *and somewhat fuzzy x_x* picture!~

Ok so there was a sort of advertisment for the Gauken Alice manga on the flipside of this sheet that was attached to one of the sides, were as the front side was the cover art picture but info about the box set,etc. Also on first inspection, usually liner notes are notes...in the liner of the dvd case, but all I saw was a rightstuf survey, so maybe they put it into the DVD feature? I don't know.

Now to the box itself. I'm pretty pleased with it, it got a little bent inward where the DVD's are, but since removing the packaging that really isn't a problem anymore. Also in following photos, the box itself is larger than normal DVD's so it's *just* that much taller and it sticks out a bit. Maybe it's just me, but whatever. The cover art is nice, and it's just very nice to look at really, I love the DVD's which I will get into after I drop a bunch of thumbnails

Two side images
<--Top <--- Side view <--- Inner DVD's view
The DVD's are so cute, and not in a sickenly cute way, a smile went across my face at naming each dvd "first period, second period..." and so on, they did a really good job with that, I was pleasantly impressed. The DVD cover art was very nice, clean and colorful, and the backsides provide easily seen info on what episodes and what happens during these episodes which is helpful.
<--- Front <--- Back

The art on the DVD's themselves is a close up of the DVD case art, or the same thing, and it sits nicely in the DVD case. Disc one had a fill out survey, but I still do not see these 'liner' notes to speak of.
Front Covers close ups:

Inside the DVD cases:

'Group' Photo of sorts:

Doesn't it look nice on my shelf -except the tallness factor- ? (Yes, this is a pathetic attempt to show off my slightly lame shelves for no reason)

Overall, I'm super happy being the Gauken Alice fan that I am, though I did want a Dub to really have it come to life in my own native language, I'm blessed to be able to have it all in one piece, because god knows how treacherous looking for all the episode parts on youtube went for me X___x I'll probably go do a semi-review aswell on the actual dvds in case I can find these so called 'liner notes' on it, but for now, whew. I'm done x_x

DVD:

Basic screen, well it's functional. Under 'Bonus' we have your basic textless OP and ED, Character Bios, and translation notes, also included were some trailers. I think the translation notes = liner notes I guess. It's so cool to see Gauken Alice on the 'big' screen, instead of a little dinky bad quality youtube video 8D 8D Though I can say I'm not a fan of the yellow subs. What's wrong with white? I like white!! Oh well.

Last edited by Mistypearl; 2009-07-09 at 17:51.
Mistypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 18:09   Link #265
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I have a question, who is the blonde guy who is carrying Mikan piggy back? I can't seem to remember him from the manga...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 18:12   Link #266
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I have a question, who is the blonde guy who is carrying Mikan piggy back? I can't seem to remember him from the manga...
That's Narumi-sensei.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 03:31   Link #267
KimmyChan

Kyaaaaaa!!! Oh my goodness! That box set looks so good! I'm totally jealous!

Way to go Mistypearl! Im so glad that it finally arrived for your viewing pleasure!
Old 2009-07-10, 09:09   Link #268
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Thanks It's really amazing to see it so big, I should watch it on the tv instead of just my computer screen then I think I would go crazy or something o-o
Old 2009-07-10, 17:54   Link #269
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That's Narumi-sensei.
Oh wow, he looks a lot younger there than he does in the manga. XD
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 13:15   Link #270
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That's Narumi-sensei.
He's my third favourite GA character after Mikan & Natsume
Old 2009-08-13, 15:31   Link #271
Sxerks

If anyone is looking for information OR interested in contributing, there is a Gakuen Alice wiki at Wikia.

@Mistypearl
How do the DVD's spell Ruka? (Luca,Luka, Ruka,....?) or Leo/Reo for that matter?
Sxerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 01:02   Link #272
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

@Sxerks, I don't have the DVD's where I am right now, but as soon as I get back to the East Coast I'll look for the spellings for you Expect an answer probably the 18th.
Old 2013-01-12, 07:18   Link #273
Cherry Blossoms
Cherryblossoms

The series is really cute. Mikan is funny.. I love it. Is there season 2.I can't wait when the charactes will be fully teenagers. They will look so awesome, don't you think everyone???
Cherry Blossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 06:55   Link #274
Yukki Heartphilla

Gakuen Alice is awesome! I can't believe it ended already Ending was not the best. I really hope there's a season 2 and Mikan finds Hotaru!

Gotta love Fairy Tail and Vampire Knight
Yukki Heartphilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 20:50   Link #275
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukki Heartphilla View Post
Gakuen Alice is awesome! I can't believe it ended already Ending was not the best. I really hope there's a season 2 and Mikan finds Hotaru!
Well there is still the manga...
Old 2013-06-30, 21:13   Link #276
Sxerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Well there is still the manga...
Actually the manga just ended on June 18 with chapter 180.
Sxerks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
child abuse, comedy, fantasy, shojo