Old 2007-12-11, 15:05   Link #301
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
1. Get a copy of the soundtrack and save them as a wav file
2. Use an audio program to invert all the soundtrack's wav file
3. overlay them to their respective BGM used in the anime
4. BGM cancels out, leaving only the voices.
Thanks for the info I'll give it a try when I have some time
Old 2007-12-17, 19:20   Link #302
Ally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime View Post
This answer has been asked earlier in the same thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...12&postcount=7

As of now, the answer has not changed from no.

That said, let me refer to a blogger who has been very nice to summarize the differences between the game and the anime. He just finished the first arc and is currently working on Watangashi-hen, so please make sure to watch both arcs before going to his site.
I don't know if this is where it should go, but I found a thread in another forum where the visual novel has a translation patch. I don't know if this is a new discovery, and whatnot, but I thought I'd post it.

http://forums.visualnews.net/showthread.php?t=7935

EDIT: My bad; the links don't work.

Last edited by Ally!; 2007-12-20 at 20:34.
Ally! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 07:08   Link #303
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Can someone tell me how to get the last TIP: "Hanyu's reflection on her past?"

After finishing Matsuribayashi only "Onigari-no-Ryuou" appears
Old 2008-04-06, 14:49   Link #304
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Hi just new to the site and stuff...XDDD

But wondering how do you play the Higurashi PC game? I want to play I guess from the start...I know that you have to go to a Japanese site in order to order the game, and I found intructions on how to do that....but currently I want to download the demo first before I go buy it. heh XP
I found the official site to download the higurashi game....
http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm
But when the download completes....it doesn't load when I hit the "Ok (O)" button thingy.
(I have Windows Vista btw if that helps)

And for my last question, lol, I was wondering how to download patches and put them in downloaded games of Higurashi.

Thanks a ton! XDDD
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 15:25   Link #305
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
I found the official site to download the higurashi game....
http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm
But when the download completes....it doesn't load when I hit the "Ok (O)" button thingy.
If you click on "みら~10" (that link seems to be the only one working properly) you should be able to save that executable on your desktop. Do so and then run it from there. You might need to change your regional setting to Japanese though in order for it to install. Then simply download the latest version of the Onikakushi patch and unzip its contents in a new folder titled "English" within the folder containing the demo (which should be called "higurashi").
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:32   Link #306
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
If you click on "みら~10" (that link seems to be the only one working properly) you should be able to save that executable on your desktop. Do so and then run it from there. You might need to change your regional setting to Japanese though in order for it to install. Then simply download the latest version of the Onikakushi patch and unzip its contents in a new folder titled "English" within the folder containing the demo (which should be called "higurashi").

Thanks so much for responding.

I am not technologically advanced when it comes to using winzip/like stuff, so.....
(n00b moment)....how do you unzip files?

I will post you a picture to show how far I got....

Spoiler for Just to save space.:

I also (Thanks to you) downloaded the game sucessfully, and I think the patch... (See pic)

Thanks a ton! XDDD
Old 2008-04-07, 19:24   Link #307
Eryops

Quote:
I am not technologically advanced when it comes to using winzip/like stuff, so.....
(n00b moment)....how do you unzip files?
It seems that Internet Explorer is set as the default program for opening zip files. Either right-click on the patch, click properties, and click on change to set the default program as WinZip, or simply click File, Open within WinZip and pick the patch from there.
Old 2008-04-07, 20:42   Link #308
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Question

Thanks agian for putting up with me. heh.

But I still can't figure out how to unzip files.... Here is my progress so far. (sorry )

Spoiler for Saving Space:

I did what you said, but I (lol) don't know what to do from that....

Thanks agian! XDDD
Old 2008-04-08, 03:05   Link #309
Eryops

Quote:
Thanks agian for putting up with me. heh.

But I still can't figure out how to unzip files.... Here is my progress so far. (sorry )
Click the button called "Extract". Rename resulting folder to "English". Move it into the "higurashi" folder. Run the executable titled "onscripter-en". Reading the help file for a program can explain how to use it by the way.
Old 2008-04-08, 15:21   Link #310
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Smile

Quote:
Click the button called "Extract". Rename resulting folder to "English". Move it into the "higurashi" folder. Run the executable titled "onscripter-en". Reading the help file for a program can explain how to use it by the way.
It works! Just one problem.....when I got to the part where they are about to have lunch, it says the onscripter program is not responding for some reason...

I am going to leave it to see if it will start to work agian, but what should I do if that happens when I want to use the onscripter program on the full game? (When I get around to buy it)

Thanks for all your help also and making me get this far!
Old 2008-04-08, 22:35   Link #311
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

I just want to re-phrase what I said....

The Onscripter program seems to (At random times) stop the game from progressing any further....

Here are facts that might possibly help....
-Have Vista
-Have WinZip and downloaded English Patch sucessfully

I want to make sure that this won't happen when I buy the FULL game, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 2008-04-08, 23:28   Link #312
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

RE: Oyajitchi

Unfortunately, the current release of onscripter-en does have these problems on Windows Vista, with both the demo & full game.

However, the current experimental version of onscripter-en has fixed those issues. We're working out some kinks in the program, but before long (we hope) a new stable onscripter-en release will be available with the problem solved.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Old 2008-04-10, 18:08   Link #313
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
RE: Oyajitchi

Unfortunately, the current release of onscripter-en does have these problems on Windows Vista, with both the demo & full game.

However, the current experimental version of onscripter-en has fixed those issues. We're working out some kinks in the program, but before long (we hope) a new stable onscripter-en release will be available with the problem solved.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Thanks so much! You are doing a great job!
Old 2008-05-01, 00:57   Link #314
cereal_killerxx

I hope this doesn't sound too much like a noob question, but is there a translation for Daybreak? It looked like a really fun game that I wouldn't mind buying if it were translated...
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 01:28   Link #315
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
I hope this doesn't sound too much like a noob question, but is there a translation for Daybreak? It looked like a really fun game that I wouldn't mind buying if it were translated...
There's no offcial english release if that's what you mean- but trust me, you don't need a translation to play it. It's a third person shooter and most of the spoken dialouge is banter between the characters as they fight. There are cutscenes, but they are short and use IMO easy to understand Japanese words and you can tell what's going on by the situation any way. If any one on here wants to know what the controls are, or what the menus say though, I'd be happy to help.

Also, you can tell what the character weapons are because on Wiki it lists all thier weapons in numerical order. Say you want Keiichi's shovel (3rd weapon), just press the down arrow twice to change it to shovel when you pick your weapons. It's a really fun game and my favorite part are the crazy random outfits. I hope they preserve that for the PSP vesion.
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 01:51   Link #316
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
There's no offcial english release if that's what you mean- but trust me, you don't need a translation to play it. It's a third person shooter and most of the spoken dialouge is banter between the characters as they fight. There are cutscenes, but they are short and use IMO easy to understand Japanese words and you can tell what's going on by the situation any way. If any one on here wants to know what the controls are, or what the menus say though, I'd be happy to help.

Also, you can tell what the character weapons are because on Wiki it lists all thier weapons in numerical order. Say you want Keiichi's shovel (3rd weapon), just press the down arrow twice to change it to shovel when you pick your weapons. It's a really fun game and my favorite part are the crazy random outfits. I hope they preserve that for the PSP vesion.
Wow! Thanks for the fast response XD I don't think that the character dialogue will be much of a problem because I speak enough japanese to get by... but I can't read any of it
Would it be possible for you to post some translations of the menus and such? Dreamiel-chan kakkoii desu yo! (i think i said that right O_O)

Last edited by cereal_killerxx; 2008-05-01 at 02:03. Reason: i suck at japanese >_>
Old 2008-05-01, 02:08   Link #317
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Wow! Thanks for the fast response XD I don't think that the character dialogue will be much of a problem because I speak enough japanese to get by... but I can't read any of it
Would it be possible for you to post some translations of the menus and such? Dreamiel-chan kakkoii desu yo! (i think i said that right O_O)
This wiki has translations of the menus as well as quite a bit of information on how to play the game.
Old 2008-05-01, 02:12   Link #318
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
This wiki has translations of the menus as well as quite a bit of information on hot to play the game.
Thanks! XD and btw, I love your avatar. KAWAII!!!!!
Old 2008-05-13, 08:40   Link #319
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Question

::I BOUGHT THE GAME THIS IS ALL LEGAL::

How do you play the Umineko no Naku Koro ni CD Game on your PC?
(The Game with Kanon on the Front cover XD)

I put the CD in and a picture of the game shows up with 3 options. One option is clickable while the other two are not clickable. All listed as "??????."

I then get a a screen shown in my image that lists two options.

One option is a a big box listed as ?????? and another in a small box listed as ??.

If I click on the Big box it shows a download bar and once the bar finishes...the bar flashes a couple of times and then stops and makes no progress.

If I click on the small box it will take me to a whole other thing. >-<

Spoiler for Long Image! XD:

So if anyone can guide me through this so my money wasn't wasted, it would be a big help! XD
Old 2008-05-13, 09:46   Link #320
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

get the japanese language pack...
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote