I'm a sucker for Harem

Overgeared (KR)

For those of you who read Ark and Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

799+ Chapters
450 Chapters Translated

Translated by the translator of Ark, Rainbow Turtle Translations

NU

From NU
A Shin Youngwoo has had an unfortunate life and is now stuck carrying bricks on construction sites. He even had to do labor in the VR game, Satisfy!

However, luck would soon enter his hapless life. His character, ‘Grid’, would discover the Northern End Cave for a quest, and in that place, he would find ‘Pagma’s Rare Book’ and become a legendary class player…

My Desc
Quote:
Shin Youngwoo AKA Grid, is really unlucky.
  1. He Owes a Lot of Money
  2. His family owes a lot of money.
  3. When he logged into the game SATISFY, he received a low LUCK score.
  4. When he was put on a hidden quest he was reduced to Level 1.
  5. Then was killed. Becoming Level -1 (Yes minus 1).
  6. Then he got killed AGAIN, becoming Level -3.
  7. Well at least he's got a Legendary class...as a blacksmith. (I curse my luck!)
Is it a Harem? Oh Yes
Spoiler for Spoiler, some classes don't come out until chapter 200:

Is there is Snusnu..sorta
Spoiler for For more things that don't happen until at least 100:
Why do I read it?
Quote:
  • Because Rainbow Turtle translates extremely well. His English is great.
  • Because it's a harem of course.
  • It's funny, sad, interesting, and compelling.
  • Grid is so stupid (To get the quest you had to have less than 50 INT)
  • Also unlike LMS and Ark, he does solve his money issues by Chapter 50 or so (Up to Chapter 35 he's basically an ass like Weed.
  • Grid takes full advantage of his blacksmith class and even surprises the developers. (Mostly due to his bad luck)

For example:
  • you meet Kraugel the #1 player, every time someone comes close to him to touch, he goes 'Ooo my mom is calling, I gotta log out', and he does. But when you find out why he is logging out, you will cry. (Well those of you who have a heart will)
  • When asked what should he name his first guild, he said Overgeared.
    2nd Guild? Overgeared Two
  • This novel also features two 'Olympic' type events where all the countries (Not guilds) team to to defeat each other. And it's Real interesting to see how Yura and Jurishika do when they meet IRL (I'm going to Grid's room!)
Favorite quotes
Quote:
  • Sorry my mom is calling, gotta logout.
  • OMG you, the best Drake pet owner, got owned by Grid's Cat
  • Are all of Grid's farmer NPC's this strong?
  • Why does my cat have a bigger fanbase than me?
  • I got close to your sister to meet you so I can meet your cat! (Nekocon)
  • Is Kraugel a grade schooler?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 17:16   Link #2
travelingbum

looking at your desc and taking a look at the actual thing....

that start with his obsession of get rich quick without doing anything schemes... and having 0 game knowledge even after a year.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 18:31   Link #3
bakato

Level -1? This sounds like a crappy and unrealistic game. The kind of game that bends itself to the benefit of its protagonist whenever the author feels like it.
Old 2018-03-21, 19:07   Link #4
travelingbum

should be lucky instead of unlucky.
since the protagonist has either never played a game before or his real intelligence is low so that luck is allowing him to earn money.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 22:56   Link #5
chaosbeowulf

His real intelligence is quite low, (MC and MC's family admit it themmselves), and he has the worst luck ever, both in-game and in real life (karma, I guess. MC was hella bitter, and for good reasons). That's why he's always trying to compensate by doing manual labour.

I really hate the MC's guts for the first 80-90 chapters (the translator give a warning about this on the novel's summary), and read it because I enjoy the schadenfraude. However, after he got his first lucky break in-game, and joined a good guild for the first time (MC was always a lone wolf before that), the MC really started his growth, and his mindset changed so much, that you wonder whether you're reading about the same character. I really enjoyed this part, because you can really see his growth.

His luck is still rotten to hell, though, but the way he faced his bad luck really changed for the better. And the best thing about this novel is that the MC does not always win everything, and his rivals/enemies are roughly on the same power level (if not more OP) than the MC (at least until the latest chapter that I read, which is chapter 467).

In conclusion, I really like this much better than LMS, Ark, and Emperor of Solo Play.
chaosbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 12:42   Link #6
ivaannom
性欲の権化

Hm, i wondered if this had a thread here and yes, it's dead tho.

TBH when i read this the first time i thought that it would make me bored after a few chapters due to a MC being overpowered and that it was going to be the same as other novels. I started reading this due to the new manhwa and i got a bit interested with this so i tried to read it.

The first 100 chapters where really slow to me, i guess this was because the MCs personality was shit, i didn't really like the MC and since the story was written from hiw PoV i was getting bored. But since I read that Grid would become a lot better as a character as the story progress i tried to don't give up an keep reading. AND THANKS GOD, Grid really became better and better, i can say i really love Grid now. And of course he became better as a player too.

As the story progressed, my speed to read the chapters was getting faster, i didn't want to pause reading so i spend some nights reading until 04-05 AM.

The worldbuilding is big and amazing, even now that there are 1250 chapters there is a lot to tell like what will happen with other sins of the gods, the dragons, the east continent with the Yangbans and Chiyou, Rose Marie, Nefelina, the great demons, draconians, etc.. And let's not forget the meteor that the author said that will give the characters their powers from Satisfy to real life at the end of the story

Side characters have better stories than most of the main characters of other novels which is really nice

Even thought Grid is right now the strongest player(though i feel this a bit unfair since Kraugel had to reset his level when he became a legend class, well Grid had to do that as well) this doesn't mean that he's the strongest of course, there are NPCs that are stronger than him of course and ther may be players who can become stronger than him at any moment who knows(Agnus and Kraugel) but i doubt it since he's becoming stronger and stronger right now. I can't blame the author of doing this since Grid has to defeat the yangbans and safe the other 2 gods of the east continent and since god's and dragon's are so OP he really needs to become strong.

-----------------

But although this novel has a lot of good points it has bad points too.

A few things that i don't like from this novels are:

1- The repetitive racist comments between Japan, China and Korea saying that Korea can't win the national competition because they don't have good players, bla bla bla. The first time it's okay because they didn't now about Grid and he was too OP for the best players with his items. The second time since Kraugel appeared and they noticed that Grid wasn't too much skilled in the first national competition and that he relied just in his items i can accept it and well, Korea end up being second since Kraugel defeated Grid in the PvP for very little. The third was already annoying, and not talking about the 4th and 5th since Grid didn't participate.

2- Lord(Grid's NPC son)'s existence. I just don't like Lord, i feel like he's an unnecessary character, he's a broken character with a harem of 200+ girls just because he was born from Grid, it's really nice that he doesn't appear too much but i'm worried with what will happen when he becomes 15 years old, right now he's 13 i think and it's said that his potential will raise when he becomes 15 years old. Really, the worst character of this novel.

------------------

Anyways, old man harem FTW

And...

Do you know God Grid?

Tags
harem, vrmmorpg