AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-21, 05:29   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 661 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Ready for more Punk Hazard action, guys? Credit goes to T for the summary and CCC from AP forums for translation:

Chapter title is "Lake of Bandits". Ministory features Hannyabal, who is now warden of Impel Down in Magellan's place.

-Luffy's group get assaulted by the centaurs. The mutants blast their boat with a bazooka, and Zoro gets attacked by a shark. The centaur boss is revealed to be Brownbeard, who is now a crocodile centaur (former bounty was 80,050,000, BTW). Soon, Brooke appears and freezes the weapons of the enemy centaurs, and a freezing wet Luffy's group emerge from the lake. Luffy wants to take the centaurs' clothes, and Brownbeard finally becomes wary as he now realizes who he's facing against.....

-Back to Law vs. the marines, the warlord sticks their battleship to the island. He then tells Sanji's group that there's no escape, and uses his power on them. He actually manages to switch all 4 Straw-Hats' hearts around. Now Sanji is Nami, Chopper is Sanji, Nami is Franky, Franky is Chopper....

-The marines threaten to report him to the WG, but Law steals their denden phones. Tashigi attempts to take him on but apparently her haki isn't strong enough. Smoker then reveals that Law ate the Ope Ope (operation) fruit, making him a free-mod human. He then takes on the Shichibukai himself.....

Wow, this chapter is insane! So now Law ended up switching some of the crew's bodies around.... boy, the hilarity that will ensue. BTW, props to Aohige for guessing the name of Law's power right (guess I owe you a coke, then). And Brownbeard was the centaur boss after all.... well, at least Hawkins didn't finish him off.

BTW, Hannyabal becoming warden is awesome news as well, IMO. But I wonder what other changes ID went through during the skip. Well either way, I'm eagerly awaiting this chapter's release!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-03-22 at 09:26.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:41   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Obligatory I-told-you-so

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I think ope-ope no mi is more likely.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:51   Link #3
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

hmm it seem Magellan is admiral now

Old 2012-03-21, 07:56   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Law is impressive, his ability would work extremely well with observation Haki.

Haki is definitely a measure of power and requirement in the New World.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-03-21, 08:25   Link #5
ninetail1989
Dreamer

Sanji become nami....LUCKY BASTARD........then again..he gonna die from nose bleed at this rate....i wont be surprise if Sanji in Nami body ended up hitting a girl...(well nami in franky body)
Old 2012-03-21, 08:30   Link #6
Stained-Shadow
Rei

Sanji must be very happy. And brook was awesome this was a great chapter
Old 2012-03-21, 08:43   Link #7
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

we still don't know why law is helping out the SH's right? or if what he's doing is even considered helping...
Old 2012-03-21, 09:09   Link #8
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
Sanji become nami....LUCKY BASTARD........then again..he gonna die from nose bleed at this rate....i wont be surprise if Sanji in Nami body ended up hitting a girl...(well nami in franky body)
if he dies, he'll end up dying in Nami's body
Old 2012-03-21, 09:20   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh man, Sanji in Nami's body... I can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out

Law's power is so hax. As long as you're in his operating room (which is pretty damn big now), you're screwed. People without mastery of haki can't even hope to stand up to him.
Old 2012-03-21, 09:30   Link #10
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh man, Sanji in Nami's body... I can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out
Something perverted, no doubt. I'm sure we'll see Nami in Franky's body stopping him from touching herself though. Either that, or he recalls his trauma of spending two years in Okama Island (probably not, this is Nami after all). Although maybe he somehow picked up fighting techniques to be used in this unique occasion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Law's power is so hax. As long as you're in his operating room (which is pretty damn big now), you're screwed. People without mastery of haki can't even hope to stand up to him.
Yep, someone better call the cops, because the Law is broken. But seriously, it's not just because of the massive range of his power, but also his mastery of it. He can do raw power in splitting a huge battleship, finesse in scanning and taking only the Denden Mushi, and even abstract concept like swapping 'hearts'.

Short of a powerful Haki like Smoker said, or a Logia/unique fruit power like Buggy, he may not be lethal but is almost impossible to defeat. He does need to aim and everything first though, maybe if you're faster than his reaction time (like Luffy's post-timeskip Gear 2) you can blitz him before he got the drop on you?
Old 2012-03-21, 09:50   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

seeing lots of Robin in this chapter.... yay! warm clothes!!! <3

wow! Sanji is really going to die this time... just when Luffy's team can move forward, a new problem has happened in Nami's team... so hilarious

Trafalgar Law is bad ass... that ope ope no mi is awesome... I wonder if his only limitations is his 'room' or his 'sword range'
there should be many things he can modify right?
Old 2012-03-21, 10:00   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I for some reason don't feel like Law is the big bad of the arc...he's not giving off the evil bastard vibes. I'm betting he has a good reason for keeping the kids there.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:15   Link #13
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Man, Luffy, Robin and Zoro look freaky in that panel!
"They're swimming through the ocean, killing sharks, trying to dress... So hide yo hats, hide yo coats, hide yo pants, cause they're snatchin' everything out here..."

Body swapping - now that's gonna be hilarious, too!

Also, Tashigi's sword got cut in two, as well - I wonder if it can be repaired...
Old 2012-03-21, 10:33   Link #14
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's about time we got a name for Law's devil fruit, or any of the Supernova's devil fruit names really. With that large a range of effect it's a damn powerful ability too. Normally that would be the power's drawback, but not this time.

The body swapping doesn't seem totally necessary, but I guess you can never be too sure. I guess if someone's in a unfamiliar body then they won't be able to fight to the best of their ability?

And Boss and his centaur subordinates are definitely going to get destroyed now. All for the sake of warm clothes.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-03-21 at 11:55.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:38   Link #15
marvelB

Man, this was a damned awesome chapter (actually, this whole storyline was great so far!). We got to see more badassery from Brooke, Brownbeard is back as a centaur (I still think he has an awesome design, fodder or not), and we finally learn more about Law's DF power. Also, I gotta wonder what the heck Hannyabal was eating to buff up that much in 2 years (unless his girth is actually made up of muscle, not fat). But yeah, that has me convinced more than ever that Magellan transferred to the marines after the whole war incident....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Law is impressive, his ability would work extremely well with observation Haki.

Speaking of this, in the last chapter thread I brought up the possibility that Law's CoO haki was weak since he didn't seem to sense the Straw-Hats' presence on PH. But thinking about it now, it probably isn't weak at all, but rather just has a short range (to be more specific, it probably only reaches as far as his "room" will extend). After all, as I mentioned before, keen observation and dexterity should pretty much be second-nature to a powerful pirate who doubles as a surgeon, anyway.....

BTW, as far as the body-swapped Straw-Hats go, I'm honestly more interested in what antics we'll see from Chopper and Nami in their new bodies rather than the inevitable dirty gags we'll see from Sanji in Nami's body.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:46   Link #16
ronin myael
lost ronin

ope ope no mi is so damn freaky!!! i like it! i hope to see more action from law and smoker in the next chapter.

the exchange of hearts should be pretty interesting. i can't imagine sanji smoking like a chimney using nami's body or the real nami prancing around in franky's body.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:55   Link #17
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Chopper and Franky shouldn't be as useless as the rest of the group. I doubt Sanji is able to do any effective kicking while dying from a nose blee...I mean while using Nami's weak body. Doubt Nami knows how to work Franky's armory (She'll probably be "..." when told to use a certain weapon).

Chopper is in Sanji's body so using he martial arts should only take a few moments to get used to (I have no doubt that Sanji will bitch about him using his hands).
If Franky manages to transform then going into monster point shouldn't hinder his ability to stomp crap.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:29   Link #18
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Chopper is in Sanji's body so using he martial arts should only take a few moments to get used to (I have no doubt that Sanji will bitch about him using his hands).
If Franky manages to transform then going into monster point shouldn't hinder his ability to stomp crap.
hey this is getting interesting
I wonder if each of them will get used using their current bodies
Old 2012-03-21, 11:43   Link #19
cj1277

Woot ope ope no mi! yes finally some kind of fruit explanation. Gotta love Law guy just always seem so badass and now more than ever.

So smoker said "dnt enter his range, as long as your in this room consider urself a patient." Does this apply to him too? Could it be Law power has a natural way to cancel out Logia abilities? As long as your in his realm ur under his absolute control?

Seems only Haki can be effective in his space which makes sense of course but what doesnt is when Smoker also said "No dnt, your Haki isn't strong enouph." We have only seen differnces in Haki strength only against other Haki users. Since Law was useing his DF powers it shouldn't matter if the haki strength was weak right? DF powers should loss aganist it so Law could've been useing CoA aganist Tashigi. Either that or Oda just threw in another twist and decided that trained DF users can over come basic lvls of Haki...which is a nice twist -evil smile-
Old 2012-03-21, 12:10   Link #20
Rainbowman

Time to review:

Hannybal is now the new warden. What happened to Magellan? We get to see Luffy go up against Brownbeard. And we get to learn Law's fruit: Ope Ope no Mi. I don't like how he switched Nami's heart and body to one of the others. He better have a good explanation for doing that. If Nami's heart is inside Franky's body, at least she could give Law a massive beating with it.
Closed Thread