AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-01-14, 00:00   Link #1
shadow1296

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 [Switch]

The newest installment to Nintendo and Monolith's RPG series and Direct Sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. Exclusive to Nintendo Switch.

Executive Director: Tetsuya Takahashi

Character Design: Masatsugu Saito

Music: Yasunori Mitsuda, ACE (Tomori Kudo, Chico), Kenji Hiramatsu, Manami Kiyota

Release Date: December 1, 2017

Probably My biggest reason to get a switch and while the more anime style graphics were surprising, the thing that surprised me the most is that it is a sequel to Xenoblade chronicles 1 and not xenoblade chronicles X considering X's story is unfinished and 1's is.

Last edited by shadow1296; 2017-10-25 at 00:16.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 18:46   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

The anime style graphics are... ughhh... I'm just not used to seeing Xenoblade this way. Everything else looks good and maybe the character designs will grow on me by the time the game comes out but...urgghghhh... Just, urgghh.
Old 2017-01-17, 19:48   Link #3
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just crossing fingers that the main characters are childhood friends. I mean, assuming that the main characters are children of the previous game's main characters, they should be right? Let's see, MC may be Dunban's, red haired girl is Reyn/Sharla's, and blondie is Shulk/Fiora's. XD

In any case, I'm glad this looks to be more JRPG-esque like it's prequel was, so I'm not complaining that this gets the sequel even though the original game's story has all the loose ends tied up. Will probably won't hold up, since what made the original so compelling was the history of the world, but I'm willing to get a Switch the moment this game gets released in English.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 00:08   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just crossing fingers that the main characters are childhood friends. I mean, assuming that the main characters are children of the previous game's main characters, they should be right? Let's see, MC may be Dunban's, red haired girl is Reyn/Sharla's, and blondie is Shulk/Fiora's. XD
No, please, no, please, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I want them to be completely unrelated to the previous cast or it will be just too weird.
Xenoblade really doesn't need a sequel, but another game that just happens to be set in the same world is a-okay.
Old 2017-01-25, 15:11   Link #5
shadow1296

Analysis video

Edit: So if what they believe about those girls to be true and they do turn out to be the swords, do you think they are the only ones will there be others with other elemental properties, will the main character be the only one who can use them or will there be one for each party member, how will they be implemented if they can fight as party members? my answers for these:

yes but not many and each represents their own element and i don't think every one of them will join you but I could be wrong while one only 7 party members, X had like 17 so yeah

only MC since they are the new monado type equipment and they are called blades so they all probably take on the form of a sword and i doubt everyone is capable of using them

yes they can but they must not be in the party to equip their monado forms so you technically don't use up a party slot so you don't go into a fight with one less member in a game where party members are important

Last edited by shadow1296; 2017-01-25 at 23:15.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 17:04   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I heard the character designer wrote doujins, but it actually took me a bit to find them, since he goes by a different name than his full name for them.
Not bad... Hmm........

And while I'm at it, Nintendo Channel
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjpao-nD5YU

Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfGk6VMcJsw&t=261s

Oppai oppai op... shiri shiri!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 18:19   Link #7
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I heard the character designer wrote doujins, but it actually took me a bit to find them, since he goes by a different name than his full name for them.
Not bad... Hmm........
Except for Torna/Ira, which is designed by Tetsuya Nomura. Kind of explains why FF7RE hasn't progressed that far ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 20:50   Link #8
Destiny_Sword

The game looks really great, but could they do better on choosing the right voices actors. It looks terrible and hope there is Japanese voice selection.
Destiny_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 22:37   Link #9
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Not bad... Hmm........
Oh? Can I get a name?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 09:21   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Saito Masatsugu's handle name for doujin stuff is Saitom.
Old 2017-06-21, 11:51   Link #11
Sides

It looks like Testuya Nomura is designing characters for the Torna organisation. Read more on gematsu.com
And I thought he is busy doing FF7RE
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 02:47   Link #12
Sacredus

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 14:15   Link #13
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since it is NoE and not NoA, we might have less "nasty surprises" with the localization, but frankly, I will just import de jp version like X considering they definitely won't bother with the dual audio.
Old 2017-06-23, 14:36   Link #14
Shadow5YA

I would hate to say "definitely" after dual audio patch for Breath of the Wild, but yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up either.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-24, 22:34   Link #15
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I'm so hyped for this game. Huge fan of "Xeno" games.

I hope we get a "Kos-Mos" armor in this game too!
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 17:26   Link #16
shadow1296

Wow this thread is dead even though there has been a lot news for it i hope that isn't foreshadowing for the release

any way you can find most of the news here including a famitsu article several video's of gameplay and interviews

also several new blades
shiki book girl who looks like she was attacked by heaven's door

Tokiha an ice spear wielder who looks like was a fusion of kos-mos and t-elos also designed by the artist for code geass

Raiko a thunder god loli

Uka a fox girl

Kubira and Azami

and others i don't remember all the names

and it seems like the twitter is constantly updated
Old 2017-10-24, 22:24   Link #17
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I mean, I don't intend to comment on every single new character they introduce, after all. I do get excited about the information given each day on Twitter, though.

Boogiepop's illustrator was a pleasant surprise, BTW.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2017-10-25, 00:10   Link #18
shadow1296

Quote:
I mean, I don't intend to comment on every single new character they introduce, after all. I do get excited about the information given each day on Twitter, though.

Boogiepop's illustrator was a pleasant surprise, BTW.
i'm just surprised nobody commented on the 8 minute direct trailer from last month or the famitsu article from last week or even the fact this game has a set release date
Old 2017-10-25, 16:26   Link #19
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i'm just surprised nobody commented on the 8 minute direct trailer from last month or the famitsu article from last week or even the fact this game has a set release date
Still over a month to go... ugh... The... wait... *collapses*

Old 2017-10-28, 22:26   Link #20
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Never played Xenoblade...... strange, considering I was on board for both gears and saga all the way through. I think I missed the release window and couldn't find it when I was ready to buy it and eventually just gave up =01. Wondering if I should take the chance to play it now, since its on 3ds.

Guess what I'm actually asking is how it compares to the former xeno games in terms of overall presentation.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote