AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-06, 10:31   Link #61
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I think someone in the court wants to off the princess because she probably the one who kill the king and has that evil personality since birth. she a Diavolo.
edit: after today episode I was wrong but that fatty is definitely a Diavolo.

Last edited by foxbox360; 2021-03-12 at 20:37.
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 17:59   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was wild
Old 2021-03-12, 20:10   Link #63
Chosen_Hero

Why is Elsha preaching about Edger village and trust when they are the same people that have tried to betray Arrow in three different occasions, some of them AFTER he saved them?
Old 2021-03-12, 20:20   Link #64
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Why is Elsha preaching about Edger village and trust when they are the same people that have tried to betray Arrow in three different occasions, some of them AFTER he saved them?
Because she was lying through her teeth. Saying that you are a bunch of stupid cowards who would sale out your mother at the first sign of danger does not really go with offering an alliance to fight a war together.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-13, 08:50   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Because she was lying through her teeth. Saying that you are a bunch of stupid cowards who would sale out your mother at the first sign of danger does not really go with offering an alliance to fight a war together.
She probably actually believes what she says.
Old 2021-03-19, 18:02   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When are they going to kick the grandpa out of the series? Every week there's a scene where he complains, even when there is nothing to complain about.

I'm not so sure I'm on Arrow's side of his argument with Kai. That was a pretty cheap tactic. I'm not saying they shouldn't have used it, but don't claim it's a way for Shu to pay respect to his friend.
Old 2021-03-19, 18:24   Link #67
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When are they going to kick the grandpa out of the series? Every week there's a scene where he complains, even when there is nothing to complain about.

I'm not so sure I'm on Arrow's side of his argument with Kai. That was a pretty cheap tactic. I'm not saying they shouldn't have used it, but don't claim it's a way for Shu to pay respect to his friend.
The Grandpa is an awful, ungrateful bastard.

So fighty guy gets to use his full power in the tag team match but Shu is cheating by using his brain?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 18:38   Link #68
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

So fighty guy gets to use his full power in the tag team match but Shu is cheating by using his brain?
The old man is definitely the worst part of the anime. Bit, I understand what they are trying to get it. But gramp's is a like a worse version of Bit, since there seems to be no space for growth and him being useless isn't being used as a comedic joke. So he's just negative, negative, and negative.
I understand that literally nothing has gone good for him since forever since the anime started, but from the viewer's point of view, damn, he's annoying.

Kai spends several episodes meditating naked, and this is the result.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 19:11   Link #69
Xiyon

Regarding Gramps, I feel like there's going to be one more twist in store for or involving the curmudgeon.

I'm curious if Zetsu's sneak attack will come back to bite him. Like, Rekka's been shown thus far to prioritize head-to-head 'honorable' battles, then Zetsu shows that he's not above a petty attack if his back is against the wall. Much like the nobility of Lutoh is diminished by the secrets held within, maybe Rekka's conviction to uphold honor will waver when its back is against the wall.

Ren going apeshit was wild but entertaining. Hopefully, Arrow's knocked some zealotry out of her.

Do y'all think there's more to Zetsu's sudden retreat than a simple "I'm hungry now"? Like, how the heck is this dude doing the things he's doing? Dude literally took down Prax in one shot; advancing the army should've been easy.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 19:22   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

I didn't say it was cheating. But it's clearly not the best way to show respect for your friend, who values honor above all things. I don't think even Shu sees it that way, he just did what he had to win, that's all. He doesn't care if it's a method Kai despises.
Old 2021-03-19, 19:36   Link #71
Xiyon

Quote:
I didn't say it was cheating. But it's clearly not the best way to show respect for your friend, who values honor above all things. I don't think even Shu sees it that way, he just did what he had to win, that's all. He doesn't care if it's a method Kai despises.
Kai (and Ren, and most of the Rekka generals) show a lack of nuance. To Kai, Shu out-planning him was unfair but Shu likely feels the same way about Kai's absurd strength. I feel like this is all just part of their character growth, though, and Shu will hit a wall eventually--- such as when the crew is up against Zetsu.
Old 2021-03-20, 02:38   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Regarding Gramps, I feel like there's going to be one more twist in store for or involving the curmudgeon.
Plot twist: the gramp is Zetsu's brother, and will take over as the big bad when Zetsu's defeated.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 02:55   Link #73
Thor's Hammer

That will never happen. That Grandpa could not lead an army properly in his life. He's just one of those negative old farts that is stuck in his ways. While there probably will be a twist in store for him eventually, if there is one, it will have nothing to do with being the big bad.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 03:52   Link #74
magnuskn

Yeah, the character has felt extra useless throughout the entire series (more than even Bit). But, true, it would be pretty awesome if the Emperor is roaring through the battlefield and suddenly comes along the old geezer.

Emperor: Aniki!
Old Fart: I told you to never talk to me again! <backhands Emperor, who goes flying a mile> Well, then, guess I got to come out of retirement.
Old 2021-03-20, 10:12   Link #75
Blaat

I thought Shu and useless Admiral would finally be getting their Briheights when Shu took the two Bind Warpers but nope I guess we have to wait for a while before that pays off.
Old 2021-03-20, 13:29   Link #76
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
But, true, it would be pretty awesome if the Emperor is roaring through the battlefield and suddenly comes along the old geezer.

Emperor: Aniki!
Old Fart: I told you to never talk to me again! <backhands Emperor, who goes flying a mile> Well, then, guess I got to come out of retirement.
While I doubt it, that totally would not be too over-the-top for this anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 15:06   Link #77
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
I suspect ole Gabby Hayes* there is going to die heroically saving someone and that'll be the event which spurs them on to victory.

Images
*no seriously, must be deliberate reference.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-26, 18:03   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that's convenient. Ren obtained the power to fly and to merge with Kai's Brigheight. I accepted those sorts of asspulls coming from Arrow because we were told from the start he was special and could basically evolve because of his lack of conviction, but this is just WTF.
Old 2021-03-26, 20:57   Link #79
Xiyon

Quote:
Well, that's convenient. Ren obtained the power to fly and to merge with Kai's Brigheight. I accepted those sorts of asspulls coming from Arrow because we were told from the start he was special and could basically evolve because of his lack of conviction, but this is just WTF.
Ren being able to fly was convenient, but acceptable. Someone in Rekka was bound to develop flight--- even if it did take Lutoh numerous experiments to do so.

Ren merging with Kai, though...? Is the implication being that Ren's conviction is malleable like Arrow's, too?
Old 2021-03-27, 05:59   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Ren being able to fly was convenient, but acceptable. Someone in Rekka was bound to develop flight--- even if it did take Lutoh numerous experiments to do so.

Ren merging with Kai, though...? Is the implication being that Ren's conviction is malleable like Arrow's, too?
She's convinced she wants to merge with Kai.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sci-fi, western