AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 17.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 27.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 17.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.66%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-24, 01:31   Link #21
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post

And am I the only one who didn't like the rock version of the OP so much? Maybe it's because I really like the regular OP, but this one didn't seem as good to me.
Yea I would like the original OP better, but this version is still fun to listen to. I think it's most likely a joke. I'm actually interested in more variations in later episodes. This anime will probably end up having lots of songs.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-04-24, 01:31   Link #22
HighGuard

Awesome and hilarious ep. I just couldn't stop laughing.

"she's an idiot, right"

"she's an idiot, but a usefull one"

Loved Yui-nya in this ep. She was made of pure win.

Quote:
And am I the only one who didn't like the rock version of the OP so much? Maybe it's because I really like the regular OP, but this one didn't seem as good to me
Nope. I didn't like it either. It worked as a classical piece but not so much as a rock. It wasn't out right bad but it didn't seem to flow as well.
Old 2010-04-24, 01:37   Link #23
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

I'm usually used to characters like Yui but there's something about her that makes her way more obnoxious than usual. I'll probably get used to her in due time. Especially if they keep up the submission matches between her and Hinata. xD

And now if I may just say about Hinata's story...

Spoiler:

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Old 2010-04-24, 01:47   Link #24
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Huh, instead of AB! i seem to have leeched a bad cross game episode...

No its just a bad AB! episode. First, give me back Iwasawa. Yui is even more annoying then Noda (axe dude). Humor on an all time low, just painfull. Yurippe and Tenshi with like no screentime at all, after they teased us with tons of stuff about them. I dont know how it could get this bad after the epic ep03. But okay, i have hopes for Serine and Irie to save the show with some yuri. There has to be a reason they don't show up often, maybe they are busy making out somewhere...

4/10
Old 2010-04-24, 01:53   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well a close game my Team Idiot. I mean really a collection of fools like that will either burn out quickly or be incredibly skilled. Bit of a mix this time around. Didn't think it was that great an episode, but did get some more back-story in and had a surprising end. Thought it was the end for Hinata, but instead Yui's attack saves the day.

In terms of Yui I'm a bit mixed right now. She really jumps between annoying and cute. Will just have to see how her character turns out. While she plays up the silliness she has to have a history that put her into that situation.

Definitely liked the original OP, but still kind of funny how they are fooling around with the OP/ED. Curious to see what variations we are going to run into as the show goes on.
Old 2010-04-24, 01:55   Link #26
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I think it's most likely a joke. I'm actually interested in more variations in later episodes.
A hip hop or version by TK?
Old 2010-04-24, 01:58   Link #27
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yep, awaiting his episode.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-04-24, 02:10   Link #28
orangejuicetang

I know people here don't like Noda, but I found it incredibly amusing the way the other team started to intentionally walk him near the end.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-04-24, 02:27   Link #29
Wrath88
Kissing...

This ep... mainly humour with a little on Hinata. No mention of the punishment game at the end though. One has to question Yuri's motivation given that she 'rebels' by sending them out to play like this.

Yui, interesting OP, stupid character. Deserves every submission hold she got, including the one she did on herself.

Next ep, EXAMS! The curse of every student. Bet: Theft of test papers.
Old 2010-04-24, 02:46   Link #30
Ezilled

Seems like the disappearance of one character per one episode has been thrown out the window. Although, it might start later on because of some unexpected writing and twist of all mighty, Maeda. Nevertheless, I had mix of joy and disappointment on Hinata's turn. I didn't see it coming that Yui pulled the "good end" trigger here.

On the other hand, the episode has a nice change from a serious atmosphere to a laid back slice of life. Sometimes, forceful combat tactics and strategies aren't necessary to fight the gods. Baseball is not my cup of tea, although I've quite enjoyed it in just a short while. Lots of character interactions as well: Yuri is still in focus to overthrow Tenshi. Nice maniacal laughter and a short dialogue with Yusa. TK is still awesome as ever. Yui's actions have a tendency of overload moeness and irritating behavior. I don't like her tandem with Hinata with their wrestling-esque moments that got repetitive, not funny for three or more scenes. I'm starting to like Noda now and his relationship to Otonashi who's really good at sports. Also, Hinata seems like gay for Otonashi. His backstory was mediocre but not heavy, and the execution was kind of rushed towards the end.

Overall, pretty decent episode, and I think it's going to be another laid back exam episode and might focus on Takeyama. Needs more Tenshi.

Oh yeah, I liked the regular piano version more than the rock one. Despite the fact it has good visuals centered to Yui, the vocal is slow, non-synchronize, and I didn't like it personally.
Old 2010-04-24, 03:25   Link #31
Crontica

The new OP had more sparkles :3 lub'd the bridge scene, but yeah points deducted for being an annoying generic ,lolicun,.
Old 2010-04-24, 03:34   Link #32
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Where's Kitamura Kou when you need him?

It would seem to me that the disappearance has both to do probably with both the realization and the cathartic event. I'd assume that Hinata likely died inadvertently of a drug overdose, and by that point in the baseball game he had finaly realized what he had been searching for by virtue of his slow recollection of his memories, but I guess the actual event that caps off his development is needed to actually "ascend."

The way Iwasawa and Hinata seem to have dealt with their memories and how it led them to their individual realizations probably have a greater impact on the plot than it looks. I have a sneaking suspicion there might actually be a plot-critical difference between people who claim to remember everything (Yuri), people who remember bits and pieces and recall along the way (Iwasawa, Hinata) and people who don't at all (Otonashi). I'll take that to the Speculations thread later.
Old 2010-04-24, 03:59   Link #33
qwevfr

I prefer the previous op that is more relaxed compared to the new one. The scence between hinata and yui "fighting", otonashi and noda playing ball between themselves seems boring after a while.The last part was totally unexpected when yui "knock" him out of the way, i was expecting him to catch the ball and disappear like the previous episode which iwasawa did.
Old 2010-04-24, 04:14   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
AWESOME IDEA !

New OP wasn't bad, but I like the old one a lot more. Plus, no Tenshi in the OP is no good. Well, no need to make a big deal out of it since it was very likely just a one time thing.

Hmm, not sure what to think about the episode. Some of the comedy was a bit too "obvious" and unfunny while other jokes worked well on me... and it was a bit weird to have such a light hearted episode right after what happened last week. The ending took me by suprise, I was conviced Hinata was going to disappear ever since it became clear he was the focus of the episode. I'm gald they didn't go for the obvious.

Shiina has been confirmed to be my favourite character, carrying that broom on her thumb during the whole episode was so dumb... and very impressive too

PS: Tenshi looked great in her coach outfit. And good to hear her talk a bit more.
Old 2010-04-24, 05:09   Link #35
kyosak
poo

What was the whole point in playing baseball and trying to beat Tenshi? I didn't get that.
Pretty much all comedy episode. They sure seem comfortable adding in semi-filler episodes with only a 13 episode season. -_-
Pacing still feels rushed.

Some highlights from the ep...

- Tenshi wearing the jersey jacket and the baseball cap caught me off guard! 萌え死んだ xD

- Yuri's evil laugh, lol

- OP was ok but Lia's version is superior

- That "leak" was completely wrong about what ep4 was supposed to be about. So yeah confirmed fake, lol.
Old 2010-04-24, 05:15   Link #36
Roardel

I thought the last batter would be Tenshi. That didn't occurred, but I was satisfied because Yui saved Hinata with hilarious way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
What was the whole point in playing baseball and trying to beat Tenshi? I didn't get that.
If Hinata team defeat the Tenshi team consist of baseball club students, it means they destroy the school order. Because Hinata team didn't even register on the tournament.
Or merely Yuri's self satisfaction

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-04-24 at 07:16. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Old 2010-04-24, 06:13   Link #37
RedWing

Poor episode. New girl was annoying, jokes were dry, nothing happened.
Old 2010-04-24, 06:25   Link #38
farios

I actually liked this episode, its full of comedy that actually doesn't involve death(the hell they make death as comedy), and Yui is actually very funny...but still annoying.

Spoiler for Hinata:

But, i do like his personalities and currently may fave character of this show. So:

Comedy: 10/10
Drama: 7/10
Plot: 8/10
Music: 9/10 (i like the new OP, but of course the usual OP is even better)

Overall :8,5 but i decided to give 9 because Hinata's "goddamn!" is just funny.

Last edited by farios; 2010-04-24 at 06:46.
Old 2010-04-24, 06:47   Link #39
Ashaman

Good episode I thought, though Hinata's backstory seems kind of... shallow.
Old 2010-04-24, 07:03   Link #40
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

BOO for not having Kitamura Eri sing the OP!!

At least I don't think that was her.
Closed Thread

Tags
baseball