AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 64 62.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 12.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-27, 16:34   Link #21
Midonin
Last Engage

I always seem to forget my favorite little jokes until after I've written the main capsule review. But the start of this episode had a pitch-perfect example of a good joke. Start on Kanon singing on TV, cut to Elsie singing along....and then to her ingredients shrieking in pain. I knew I was in for something special when that opened the episode.
Old 2011-06-27, 16:38   Link #22
katsudon
Part Time Translator

looks like seaons 3 will be on. but i think we'll have to wait for the ova first right? i believe that's going to be out in sept.

yep... showing all the girls for the next season is amazing. but there are a lot of targets...i won't spoil you guys.

looks like there are 5 targets, so probably another 12 episodes.... my favorite from the preview is a toss up between the ramen girl and the swimming pool girl showing at the end.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:05   Link #23
InternHertz
.lone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What seriously? I was totally soaked into this episode to notice, though Sakura Tange is one of my all time favourites!
Yes she is I recognized her at her first sound!
Only one kana and I was sure it was her.

This alone make this episode the best of the second season! (She's my favorite seiyuu)
Old 2011-06-27, 17:07   Link #24
Crackabad

This episode def had me laughin....ALOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
With the ending of this episode the possibility of a 3rd season is definitely there, especially since they showed most of the upcoming capture targets in the story. Perhaps season 3 should run for 24 episodes instead of 12~
i was thinking that, with the amount of girls they showed for a *potential* third season
with 5 girls, i think they would need more than 12, but 24 seems a bit much too.

Here's hoping for more

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-06-28 at 00:29. Reason: manga spoilers are forbidden in the anime only thread. Post edited
Old 2011-06-27, 17:26   Link #25
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

You guys are getting too excited about what was shown in the ED. The fact that they showed them is like the producers saying, ``Here they are since you will never see them in the actual series.``
Old 2011-06-27, 17:29   Link #26
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You guys are getting too excited about what was shown in the ED. The fact that they showed them is like the producers saying, ``Here they are since you will never see them in the actual series.``
could be true too... i'm still waiting for a second season for a couple series that never materialized.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:29   Link #27
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I doubt that, really seemed more like a teaser. I'm sure that TWGOK generates enough interest to get another season.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:29   Link #28
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Perfect episode, without a doubt.
Been a long while since I gave 10 to a single episode, but this deserved it.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2011-06-27, 18:10   Link #29
Texas84
よろしく

Yokkyun reminded of the horrible artwork from the orginal Kanon. But I really started to fall for her at the end.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:27   Link #30
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The director literally made miracles with this episode. I cannot express how satisfied I felt after watching this. A shame that a season 3 doesn't seem to be on the near horizon, but nevertheless this episode left me pumped uip for whatever's coming. 10/10 from me.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:56   Link #31
judasmartel
*Author

6:30-6:35 - What's up with the 7-11 reference, man?

And wow, at last we find the funny side of the Capturing God, and some of the previously captured girls, too. They've become a whole lot better than the first time we saw them.

7:15-7:45 - CLASSROOM ETIQUETTE 101 - When you play a video game inside the classroom, NEVER GET TOO EXCITED, or the teacher will LITERALLY KICK YOU OUT! And if you have a sister in the same class as you, she will get chewed, you won't probably know it, but at least you can do "the worm" (LOL'ed hard at this one) while continuing the best game of your life.
Old 2011-06-27, 19:20   Link #32
pampz21
ShipCore

can't wait for season 3....they just have to put them!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-06-27, 19:32   Link #33
coderlan
Student

There will be a third season and at the same time, there won't be.

Manglobe trolling.

Anyway, mediocre episode but that initiation with Kanon then to Elsie was perfect!
Old 2011-06-27, 20:17   Link #34
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Last I heard the initial sales were weak, but sales didn't drop off as quickly as for other series.

Result: Wait and see if total sales are sufficient to support a third season.

So it's not completely ruled out, but not anywhere near confirmed

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-06-27, 20:19   Link #35
Sekirei07

They have no reason not to make a third season.

The anime has overall been faithful to the original story. All the girls that will feature in the third season have had there respective arcs completed. It has been a fairly good anime this season (as opposed to what else was available this season)

It will probably be until next summer or perhaps spring before the next season I would assume, to give the manga more time to catch up.

This episode felt a bit more like a tribute to the author of the series to me. I remember reading one of his bonus pages about the making of the anime and how he thought of who he wanted to do what for what parts of the series.
Old 2011-06-27, 20:42   Link #36
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

All I can say is, there is definitely hope for a 3rd season! It has been a great series and a great way to conclude the second season, and best of all, I get to learn a lot from Keima, the God of Conquest, lol.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2011-06-27, 20:43   Link #37
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

They got Kobayashi Yu to do the same game character she played in the first episode of the first season. I wonder if she might voice a heroine if they do another cour?
Old 2011-06-27, 21:52   Link #38
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Manglobe will be the first entity on both my hate and love list if all of those cameos at the end be nothing more than teases. There must be season 3. Keima might see the ending, but Elsie says continue.

Not a bad season closer, but there really needed to be more Haqua than what was shown.
Old 2011-06-27, 22:18   Link #39
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Manglobe y u do dis 2 me?
Old 2011-06-27, 22:32   Link #40
Elestia

Indeed, they love to tease the fans. Anyone else notice the "love me do" at 15:25?

I wonder what Yokkyun would look like if she was drawn more in line with today's anime standards.
Closed Thread