AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 12:50   Link #4241
SeaDam

Who is Rubia to decide that?

Anyway, far more important is how will Restia combat the power of the naked knee socks?
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 12:53   Link #4242
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
Who is Rubia to decide that?

Anyway, far more important is how will Restia combat the power of the naked knee socks?
Who has the right to decide? That's a childish argument, someone's gotta do it. Somebody has to make a stand and say "enough is enough"
Old 2013-03-29, 12:59   Link #4243
SeaDam

It is not a childish argument. If noone is dissatified with the way things are then who is she to tell them otherwise? Why does she not have a group backing her? "Snake" isn't looking so much to assassinate the other Lords as much as seeing their Lord reborn.

So again, who is Rubia to decide the fate of the world?
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 13:06   Link #4244
Chris38

^

And who can say that their aren't any other methods of resolving this issue, that don't require sacrificing anyone for it.

After all, I doubt that we have the full portrayal, of the entire situation, related to the Elemental Lords, yet...

While, I agree that Rubia's intentions might not be bad, the way she wanted to resolve the issue, is pretty harsh , and I believe that their is some other, less drastic way, of resolving this matter, which will be eventually, (near the end of the novels) used by Kamito and the rest of his group...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 14:42   Link #4245
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

That's called a deux ex machina about how everyone's lives are saved and ending the tyranny of the elemental lords through some bs about cherishing ur teammates/friends and not giving shit about the family dying a mile down the road. Not realistic, then again this series isn't realistic so nvm
Old 2013-03-29, 15:06   Link #4246
Hidfe

What Rubia is doing is the equivalent of somebody in our world trying to destroy/block every electronic device to get us back with nature so we don’t destroy our planet.

The elemental lords are douches, no question. But what about Est, scarlet or ALL the other Spirits? Do they deserve to die because one person thinks she knows best?

By the way, how many people do the elemental lords kill? I think in the village that the fire elemental lord burnt nobody died. Let’s say 1000 people die every year because of the “willfulness” of the elemental lords. Would you kill 100 000 000 people to “save” those 1000 every year? That is beyond stupid. Plus you shouldn’t forget something very important. They don’t only destroy. The ALSO give BLESSINGS. In the end more people probably benefit from the elemental lords than they suffer.

There is no justification for what Rubia does. She is trying to destroy the world for an IMAGINARY better world. There is no proof that a world without SPIRITS (not just the elemental lords) would be a better world where less people suffer.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 15:11   Link #4247
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
What she is trying to do is to sacrifice a million now but saving countless billions in the future from the whims of the elemental lords. Spirits don't stop humans from warring each other so she wants humans to support themselves. Yea go ahead and kill all the spirits, don't need them
Are you being a troll? Because what you just said passes the line between argument and nay-saying.

Here's a list of the logical errors in your statement.
  1. You praise her for trying to "save" billions of humans, despite the fact that she wants to commit xenocide against the spirits. As in all gone, no survivors, never again
  2. The war she is trying to start involves the use of spirits on the level of Est and Restia on an every-day normal basis. It is entirely possible that there won't be any humans left
  3. She is trying to do this by reviving the Darkness Elemental Lord, who has already been defeated by the other five. Repeatedly.
  4. You just admitted that even if spirits disappear that humans will continue to kill each other at will
Old 2013-03-29, 15:24   Link #4248
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
Restia has bare feet + power of the goth dress.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 15:39   Link #4249
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

OMG THAT WAS EPIC! I just wish we didn't have to wait till the next volume and arc to find out what happens afterwards although in the afterword of v10 the next arc deals with the assassination of the elemental lords and reveals what really happens three years before the blade dance
Old 2013-03-29, 17:08   Link #4250
Jirachier

I'm at vol05 and Est is still at a 1/10th of her original power, is she ever going to regain the rest ?
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 17:18   Link #4251
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I'm at vol05 and Est is still at a 1/10th of her original power, is she ever going to regain the rest ?
As of Vol.10 she's still at 1/10 of her original power.
Old 2013-03-29, 17:27   Link #4252
shadow1296

I don't think that killing the elemental lords would kill all the other spirits
Spoiler for reason:
Old 2013-03-29, 18:40   Link #4253
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Spoiler for reason:
You are right. Restia is still alive, and so are a number of the old '72 pillars'.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 18:51   Link #4254
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
You are right. Restia is still alive, and so are a number of the old '72 pillars'.
actually, i don't think the novel evermention that with the lords death all spirit under them death, well it's has been quite a time so i aren't exactly sure.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 19:04   Link #4255
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
actually, i don't think the novel evermention that with the lords death all spirit under them death, well it's has been quite a time so i aren't exactly sure.
I don't think it's been mentioned either ,but I just want to point out the flaws of such logic.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 19:11   Link #4256
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Spoiler for reason:
Hmm... After reading all vol, I though that Darkness Elemental Lord was sealed inside human. As human has limited livespan, the seal always reborn and to ensure that if the human unseal it and become Demon King, Elemental Lord give a curse seed named <<Sacred Queen>> to kill it. What I wondering is the blessing of Elemental Lord.

Fire Elemental Lord blessing --> Fire
Water Elemental Lord blessing --> Water
Earth Elemental Lord blessing --> Earth
Wind Elemental Lord blessing --> Wind
Holy Elemental Lord blessing --- ????

And I assume that Darkness Elemental Lord also has blessing that if she killed that blessing also loss. Like if Fire Elemental Lord killed, human cannot use fire.
Old 2013-03-29, 19:23   Link #4257
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
I think holy was mentioned to have healing properties, like that healing stone Kamito used on Leonora.
Old 2013-03-29, 19:23   Link #4258
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Rubia said she seen tragedies, I know she experience what the Fire Elemental Lord did, but I feeling that it is much more than that. I am not talking about seeing in the future kind of thing (seriously do not bring that into the discussion) but more like memories of past life. Rubia is the reincarnation of the Sacred Queen, the last reincarnation was 1000 years ago. Pretty long, time, maybe Rubia somehow was able to see her past lives.

Its puzzling that she would say she face many tragedies at her young age. Its the only theory I can think of.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 19:56   Link #4259
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Rubia said she seen tragedies, I know she experience what the Fire Elemental Lord did, but I feeling that it is much more than that. I am not talking about seeing in the future kind of thing (seriously do not bring that into the discussion) but more like memories of past life. Rubia is the reincarnation of the Sacred Queen, the last reincarnation was 1000 years ago. Pretty long, time, maybe Rubia somehow was able to see her past lives.

Its puzzling that she would say she face many tragedies at her young age. Its the only theory I can think of.
That makes sense, seeing how demon king's reincarnation can hear the voice of the previous.

The village was burned down on a whim of the Fire Lord. Lets not deny the fact that when Rubia went rogue, the fire lord shut down all uses of fire in that nation. I would love if someone says that no one died from that. This stuff happens all the time and blessings are only given if the elemental lords are "entertained". What use would humans have for spirits? They don't stop humans from making war in fact they just give humans better weapons to do it. Rubia's contracted spirit is said to have enough power to burn the entire freaking world to ashes for example. I feel that the world is just stuck in a perpetual fuedal system/monarchy with the royal nloodlines controlling the Queens. Since people are dying already through normal means and spirits just add to the slaughter, it would be just to just start over anew
Old 2013-03-29, 20:04   Link #4260
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Hmm... After reading all vol, I though that Darkness Elemental Lord was sealed inside human. As human has limited livespan, the seal always reborn and to ensure that if the human unseal it and become Demon King, Elemental Lord give a curse seed named <<Sacred Queen>> to kill it. What I wondering is the blessing of Elemental Lord.

And I assume that Darkness Elemental Lord also has blessing that if she killed that blessing also loss. Like if Fire Elemental Lord killed, human cannot use fire.
if that were the case wouldn't the seal break upon that humans death even if the seal was reborn into a new body, ren ashdoll would be freed and had to be brought into contact with the person with the new reborn seal and be resealed and that person is usually unknown at the time of the previous ones death, meaning that ren ashdoll has a chance to escape not get sealed again

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap