AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-13, 18:20   Link #1
Viet_Nammer

Gundam Serie/Series you Dislike

I like Gundam but they're some gundam series i hate sooooo damn much like for example gundam serperior defender that sucks chiefs chocoballs. But the gundam series i hate the most is any gundam series that people don't pilot, it just piss me off liek what ever the person does the gundam will do the same thats STUPID!!! soo anygundam series where people acualy pilot it is a good gundam series . that my opinon.
Viet_Nammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 18:23   Link #2
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
But that can't be true, as G Gundam is bloody awesome and GSD isn't by any stretch of imagination bloody awesome.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 18:25   Link #3
Viet_Nammer

yeah g gundam is a good series but i don't like the idea of people controlling gundams that way
Viet_Nammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 18:37   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Common sense tells you that the cockpit motion trace system is actually a more efficient way to pilot and makes much more sense than 'conventional piloting'. I always don't get how a pilot can shoot, punch, kick, dodge, flip, grab and do delicate finger movements just by 2 hand controls and 2 foot pedals.

Anyway GSD is going to be bashed in this thread, count me in!
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 00:30   Link #5
Scorch

Not a series, but F91. It makes me sad, there is so much potential there. It's completely wasted on that movie, it practically screams for a series instead.

Gundam 0083 I vary between liking it and hating it. Delete Nina and I would love it.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 00:57   Link #6
Rin-Sama
Banned

Gundam seed sucked. I liked it up until the last 2 episodes. The final battle was SO CLICHE!!! anf Flay dieing didn't help anything. I HATED THAT PART!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 01:13   Link #7
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch
Not a series, but F91. It makes me sad, there is so much potential there. It's completely wasted on that movie, it practically screams for a series instead.

Gundam 0083 I vary between liking it and hating it. Delete Nina and I would love it.
ok so GSD stole wasted potential from F91
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 01:42   Link #8
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Zeta and Victory. Easily the two most boring Gundam series ever.
Old 2006-05-14, 02:03   Link #9
Elvan
my eglish is bad >_<

SEED Detiny, cheap story

i like mecha custom design fo SDgundam force, they are cool even its chibi
Elvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 02:06   Link #10
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Zeta and Victory. Easily the two most boring Gundam series ever.
Zeta is only boring if all you're looking for is Gundam Wing-ish action where there's nothing but explosions half the time.

I found Zeta to be a very excellent series (except for the overcompensation of main character deaths...poor Emma ='( )

There's something about almost every Gundam series that I liked. One's I didn't like that much was Gundam Wing, Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny.

A.) WAY too one-sided unless the story calls for it.

I mean..one bullet from a Gundam Wing Gundam to a grunt Mobile Suit and it explodes, yet, put a large beam into a Gundam and it barely does jack unless, again, the story calls for it (or it self-destructs). Then put a Gundam Wing Gundam Pilot into that SAME type of grunt Mobile Suit and they can take like...1000 gatling gun shots all over the place and only have a few scratches (coughcoughendlesswaltzcoughcough)

B.) Gundams were far too over-powered for their own good
C.) Characters were bland and not that interesting most of the time and barely have any development to make them interesting.
D.) Rushed endings/battles
E.) Like most alternate reality Gundam series' except for, mostly, G-Gundam and Turn-A Gundam, ideas were almost all taken from the original series' (especially SEED Destiny)

I liked the original UC series' because they were actually good, yet realistic as well. The character's were interesting most of the time and actually learned things and overcome various obstacles, but not without difficulties like regular people face everyday. They don't really last too long or too short either.

The mobile suits were much more equalized and even the "all powerful" Gundam's get (out)matched by "grunt" mobile suits as technology grows, so even though at first the Gundam may seem like the most powerful, it doesn't last TOO long. The grunts were actually good Mobile Suits (GO GELGOOG!!!!) and not JUST cannon fodder (even the RB-79K Ball was cool thanks to Shiro Amada's good piloting).

And even though revolutionary weaponry like the funnels and other "super weapons" are good and/or effective, they are not without limitations that can/are exploited. Funnels with their limited energy supply, the Big Zam with its overheating and melee combat weakness and so on.

Even being a Newtype/Cyber Newtype/EXAM junkie (lol) didn't make someone completely invincible in the UC era (good example being Yuu Kajima in a regular RGM-79 vs RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny and fending it off or his RGM-79D Cold Climate Type vs. MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom and, again, fending it off.) And even with his own EXAM-equipped MS (RX-79BD-1 and RX-79BD-3), he still ended up losing them along with defeating the opponent.

Even the "all-powerful" Amuro Ray admits that he wasn't able to properly control his fin funnel's in his second sortie of the Nu Gundam (I think it was the 2nd one when Kayra gets killed by Gyunei)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 02:13   Link #11
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

G Gundam, Gundam Wing and Gundam 0080.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 02:18   Link #12
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

SD Gundam Force sucked, except, EXCEPT, for the Zako Zako hour. (Zako Zakos are easily among the top Gundam moments)

0080 sucked, since the action weren't all that great, and that kid needs to die.

Other than that, I like most Gundam shows...
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 02:54   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
GSD. Easily the worst Gundam series ever. This one doesn't need any explaining for anybody who has seen it, besides which, its many many faults have been pointed out and debated upon in these forums more times than any of us could ever accurately remember.

Wing. As RX-78GP04G Gerbera pointed out, the "Invinceability Factor" as well as his other points. GW got me hooked on Gundam, but I'm not going to call a not-good/bad series good just because it was what started me on the franchise.
Old 2006-05-14, 03:07   Link #14
nightbringer360

For me - I didn't like GSD much. It screamed of fan pandering, as well as rushedness.

0083 was good for the mech design (Come one, look at the Dendrobium and tell me you don't like it, tech inconsistencies aside), but my favourites are 08th MS Team, Turn A and GX.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 03:10   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

One I dislike? None.

Even G-Saviour was amusing to an extent.

But the only series I find to truly deliver in both style and substance are merely SEED, Turn-A, Victory, X and G.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 03:54   Link #16
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Zeta is only boring if all you're looking for is Gundam Wing-ish action where there's nothing but explosions half the time. I found Zeta to be a very excellent series.
Zeta is boring if you want a plot that moves faster than a snail's pace. Zeta put me to sleep, and Victory put me in a coma. And let's just say the character writing in Zeta could've been a lot better, it paled in comparison to MSG. I've found Tomino to be the most overrated Gundam director of them all. He gets way more credit than he deserves, though I will give him props for MSG and CCA.

Movie version of Zeta is extremely superior to the TV series. I actually enjoyed the movies. TV series I would not watch again if someone offered me a million dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
GSD. Easily the worst Gundam series ever. This one doesn't need any explaining for anybody who has seen it, besides which, its many many faults have been pointed out and debated upon in these forums more times than any of us could ever accurately remember.
Oh for the love of god just shut up. You're just an anti-GSD homer. I wish you morons would quit saying that everyone hates GSD. I don't, and other users on this forum that post in this section don't. Don't speak for everyone. If I had a dollar for every time someone bashed GSD on this forum I'd be the richest fucking person alive.
Old 2006-05-14, 05:19   Link #17
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Oh for the love of god just shut up. You're just an anti-GSD homer. I wish you morons would quit saying that everyone hates GSD. I don't, and other users on this forum that post in this section don't. Don't speak for everyone. If I had a dollar for every time someone bashed GSD on this forum I'd be the richest fucking person alive.
Well that´s how it is. If you write in a post that you like Destiny you can rest assure that someone will come in with smartass comments.

I´m not used being looked down upon but if that´s what I get for enjoying Destiny I´ll just have to take it. Atleast we know we had a good time when we saw Destiny while they didn´t.
-------------------------------------

Zeta on the other hand is overrated. After reading about it in here I expected a lot more than I´ve gotten so far. Zeta is good but it´s not that good.

**UC-Fanboys, OBSERVE!!!**
Take note that I´m not comparing Zeta to Destiny.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2006-05-14 at 05:33.
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 05:32   Link #18
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
One I dislike? None.
Same here (well, so far at least: haven't finished Zeta yet and I don't think I will ever see G-Saviour and Green Divers (whatever that is)). But my least favorites would have to be Stardust Memory and F91. I just can't like the main couple in both stories, thank goodness they're both short in length.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 06:09   Link #19
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

In all honesty I don't like the series of Zeta too much for reasons mentioned that it is boring however at least it actually had good fights but the movies are fantastic compilations. Its like Zeta with all the pointless bits cut out. (Okay if you neglect the canon changing ending at least)

Anyway this is easy for me.

GSD-
Horribly one sided fights, incoherent half-assed story and reasons, forced relationships, technology seemingly advanced nearly 300 years in only 2-3.
A pure super robot series which tries to advertise itself as a real robot series, too many goddamn main characters when they obviously can't handle them like some writers.
Shamelessly ripped off elements with 'tribute' slapped on them, and many repeated elements from SEED except made worse. At least it had great music.

G-Saviour-
Nuff said....only good thing about it is its hillarious....hillariously bad.

Superior Defender Gundam-
An insult to the SD Gundam or Musha Gundam name in general. SD Gundam doesn't need any story, just unadulterated humour and mayhem.

Other not as bad mentions:-

Char's Counterattack-
Now this movie was pretty awesome for fights, but the story just made little sense. Char had seemingly gone crazy. It started halfway through the story, plus some rather incoherent characters. Incomplete ending left open. I feel if they actually gave Tomino more time and less stick, the full Beltorchika's children would've proved a far more enlightening movie than CCA.

Gundam Wing-
Actually I really liked the idea and concept in it, philosophical sometimes to the point of being silly but some stuff made alot of sense. However in the end the story jumped about, fights were pretty one sided. (Thankfully both were fixed in Endless Waltz)
Though the silly re-designs looked out of place, they should've stuck with the original Katoki designs. Well at least G-Wing did allow 2 of the best spin off series to happen. Also sorry but when it comes to politics Gundam Wing did have the best outlook of any series. Wars are always political and based on ideals in a real environment and no other Gundam series seems to enforce this as much, Wing tried it but failed, though theres always the music to fan over at least.

F91-
Really nice concept but again suffers from CCA syndrome, it just did not have enough time but unliek CCA it did not have a existing story or characterizations. It really should've been a full series especially since it did setup the scenario for what I consider one of the best and criminally denied/forgotten Gundam series ever (Crossbone Gundam)

Zeta-
Uh hum....debated but yeah it is slow and boring even when I'm a story/explanation kind of guy, alot of pointless parts which are fixed by the movie. Great fights at least and nice scenario plus abit of politics thrown around now and again made the scenario much more surreal and actually kept the atmosphere consistent. *glares at C.E.*
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 06:25   Link #20
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Ignore Shinji, Obi. The sad fact is, the anti-Destiny bandwagon has been overloaded that it is argubly the ONLY Gundam series that personal opinion = shit. Enjoyment of anime varies for various people, and pretending that bashers don't exist is the best way to enjoy discussion in forums. It's not as if efforts to tone down the GSD hate are blooming.

Looking back, I kinda realise that GSD fanbase suffered from jumping the bandwagon. A few more critical people listed out the bad things they find in GSD, then more people start hating GSD, and more people find the faults in GSD and eventually, they stopped looking at any good point in the anime altogether.

MAJORITY would've probably end up not liking GSD anyway, but the fanbase itself really hurt it more than it deserves. Meh, it's my opinion and as a GSD fan, my opinion's shit anyway.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote