AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 19:34   Link #2141
Nagumo
Random Translator

21 - 4nin no Omoi
21 – The Memories of the Four

Fate: Oh, everyone.
All: Thank you for your hard work.
Vita: Hey, what’s up you four? Sounding all sad?
Fate: Is something wrong?
Teana: No, nothing ‘s wrong.
Signum: Did not the Stars hear about their assignment changes from the Division Commander?
Subaru: Ah, no, we have.
Fate: I see. After this, let’s have an interview Teana.
Teana: Yes ma’am.
Nanoha: Sorry for the wait!
All: Thank you for your hard work.
Nanoha: Oh, you guys sure are full of energy. Okay then, let’s do our very best in training!
All: Yes ma’am!
Nanoha: Today we’ll be training your individual skills by specific teachers. Well then, teachers…
Fate: Caro, we’ll be working on your firing/shooting control.
Caro: Yes ma’am
Signum: Erio, you’re with me.
Vita: Teana’s with me.
All: Thank you for your guidance.
Vita: Right, today we’re going to work on the fundamental application magic again.
Teana: I’ll do my best!
Nanoha: Subaru, you’re with me. We’re going ‘full drive’ right away, maximum/full power.
Subaru: Yes ma’am! (note: Poor Subaru, she’s going to die…)
Old 2009-09-18, 21:10   Link #2142
Nagumo
Random Translator

(Jesus! I can’t tell who is who!)
16. Chijou Kakuri Shisetsu ~Numbers~
16 – Central/Main Isolation Ward/Facility ~Numbers~

Otto: Dieci, Sein, Nove…
Wendi: Otto, what are you doing here with your twin?
Cinque: Even though it’s our break now, you didn’t go out to the free zone?
Otto: Well you see, Agito-san was on the other side.
Dieci: Well it looked like you were talking, we didn’t want to bother you if you were.
Deed: Everyone is here now, so why don’t we go out into the lobby?
Sein: Better than staying in the classroom or in our rooms.
Wendi: Yeah, those rooms’ are really depressing
Otto: Well, it would be a problem if the prisoners’ bedrooms were uncomfortable.
Deed: And their current treatment towards felons is quite good.
Deici: I suppose… But you know; our sisters that didn’t come here… Not surprised by Uno-nee and Tre-nee, but Qua-nee too.
Cinque: Sette wasn’t unexpected given her personality. The Doctor and the other fours’ decision not cooperate with TSAB was not at all unexpected.
Nove: Is that so?
Cinque: I suppose it’s different for you my younger sisters but my coming punishment shouldn’t be all too different from what Tre and Quattro and the others is going through at the satellite orbit/orbital prison.
All: Huh?
Cinque: Whether I cooperate with the investigation or anything else, I will not gain freedom in my lifetime… (alt trans: I will not live to see freedom again)
Dieci: The same with me.
Sein: I guess, chances are pretty high it’s the same with me.
Cinque: It really reminds me that it doesn’t matter where I go. I worry about you all, and there are sins that I want to atone, so I decided to come here.
Dieci: As do I.
Sein: Ah er, me too.
Deed: That’s probably a lie…
Otto: You most likely wanted to go with flow by saying what the others were saying.
Sein: Hey twins! Rude remarks insulting your older sister is forbidden!!
Wendi: Nah, you gave it some thought. You wanted to live a life without considering/thinking about anything at all.
Sein: Urg, from the person I didn’t want to hear from most…
Nove: But Cinque-nee, Dieci … oh and Sein.
Sein: Why did you add, ‘oh and Sein’?
Dieci: Hey now…
Nove: Ginga said it didn’t she? Even if we won’t be completely free; but we can still get out and live in the outside world.
Cinque: The sisters, who have come here, have both a right and a duty to find a way to live. That’s right. I don’t know how it’ll come about. But the first two to get out without a doubt is Nove and Wendi. Then the twins. The four of you.
Dieci: And then Sein, and long afterwards, it’ll be me and Cinque.
Cinque: How you decide to live, go and discover it, and then come back to tell us about it.
Dieci: We’ll look forward to it; it’ll feel like freedom to us while we wait behind bars.
Nove: … Yeah…
Wendi: Oh, hey Nove, that’s it. You better get along with Subaru and Teana.
Dieci: When they came to visit you last time, you didn’t bother seeing them.
Nove: I got it already…
Old 2009-09-19, 00:36   Link #2143
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well most of them are the same person talking after all...
Old 2009-09-19, 00:38   Link #2144
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I thought Dieici had a 15 year sentence.

And, yeah, Cinque's got a life-time sentence, she knows that much at least.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 03:34   Link #2145
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Makes me wonder what the TSAB considers incarceration. After all, in Vivid we see Cinque out of jail in the physical sense, and living quite happily with the Nakajima's.

Perhaps her punishment is to do what the TSAB asks of her for the rest of her life? Permanent penal labor, if you will.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 08:37   Link #2146
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Or it could mean that Genya intervened somehow? Like a probation officer of some sort? (And very personal one at that )
Old 2009-09-19, 12:37   Link #2147
Nagumo
Random Translator

Nagumo
15 - Agito to Shigunamu
15 – Agito and Signum

Vita: Hayate, fell asleep. Hm, I’m sleepy too. Well, good night Hayate.
Signum: We’re home.
Shamal: We’re home. Oh, the lights are off?
Zafira: It appears that Meister Hayate and Vita are sleeping in the other room.
Rein: So it seems. Oh, she went bed in her clothes again.
Shamal: It would a shame to wake them, let’s keep quiet for them okay?
Rein: Okay!
Shamal: Signum, you’re going to call Agito-chan right?
Signum: I just received permission to communicate/call her. It’s only for a little while though.
Rein: We should let you have some space, right?
Signum: Sorry about this, but I still want to talk with her alone for now.
Zafira: Okay.
Shamal: I’ll go get the laundry, take your time.
Rein: We’re off!
Signum: Greetings, this is Mobile Six Division, 2nd Lieutenant Signum
Man: Yes, I was informed of your call. Agito, right? I’ll connect you right away.
Agito: Ah, um, er…
Signum: Agito, this is Signum.
Agito: Ugh, um, hey!
Signum: It’s been awhile since last time, sorry about that.
Agito: Well, it’s not as though there’s a lot to talk about with you.
Signum: Don’t say that, I want to talk to you.
Agito: Ugh…
Signum: A few days ago, I went to Knight Zest’s grave once more to plant.
Agito: … Ah…
Signum: Placed the (seeds of the) flowers that you said Knight Zest liked best there.
Agito: I see…
Signum: I’ve taken some pictures, want to see it?
Agito: Huh, you know how to take pictures?
Signum: I’m pretty bad at it though. How is it? Can you see it?
Agito: Yeah, I can see it. The Sir sure is sleeping in a beautiful place, eh?
Signum: It’s a good place. They say many of his fellow comrades’ (fellow unit/battalion members) rest here too.
Agito: I see…
Signum: That reminds me, about after you get out of that place. Have you given it any thought?
Agito: Sorry, I said I’d go with you. Could you give me a bit more time? About the Sir, and things about myself, haven’t really adjusted (organized/put things in order) it all.
Signum: Okay, take your time to think about it.
Hayate: Oh, Signum?
Vita: Oh, you came home.
Signum: Meister Hayate, Vita.
Agito: Erg…
Hayate: Oh, you were talking to Agito.
Vita: How’s it going Agito?
Agito: I’m… I’m fine… Er, um… Commander Yagami, um, you see about... Thank you very much.
Hayate: Huh? About what?
Agito: Preparing/Getting my clothing and everyday necessities/personal items, all in my size.
Hayate: Oh don’t worry about it. There’s a shop that I order from to clothe my youngest kid. I only just ordered some more.
Agito: My warden was very impressed, to be able to create such beautiful/wonderful clothing in such a small size.
Vita: Artisans can do amazing things, don’t forget that.
Hayate: Hey, Agito…
Agito: Um, er… Yes?
Hayate: When you get everything in order over there, I’d be happy if you came to our home.
Agito: Um, er… Well…
Signum: Right now, she wants to think it over carefully.
Hayate: Oh, nothing complicated. I was just saying it would nice if she could come to visit.
Vita: Yup!
Agito: Thank you very much…
Old 2009-09-19, 13:31   Link #2148
Nagumo
Random Translator

Loli-rider get gypped by the TSAB legal system? Or, when you lack connections, you're screwed?

09 - Chijou Kakuri Shisetsu
09 - Central/Main Isolation Ward/Facility

Erio: Hello.
Caro: Sorry to intrude.
Lutecia: Welcome.
Erio: Lu!
Caro: Lu-chan, are you doing well?
Lutecia: Yes. Is today’s work over for you?
Erio: Yup, there haven’t been any large incidents lately.
Caro: The same as always I guess. How about you Lu-chan?
Lutecia: The same as always educational/study program. Nothing has changed very much. But I’ve come to understand things a little. What I’ve done, its weight/seriousness and what they mean. What I’ve done up to this point in my life, I don’t know what to do to start over again from here on. Um, have you heard from anyone what my punishment is?
Erio: No.
Caro: We haven’t heard.
Lutecia: A strict magic power limiter treatment/measure and exile/isolation/quarantine to an in progress terraforming planet.
Erio: That can’t be.
Caro: But, your trial hasn’t happened yet. So how can they decide on your punishment already??
Lutecia: They say since I’m obviously guilty and voluntarily pleaded guilty, the verdict comes rather quickly.
Caro: Exile to a terraforming planet. Lutecia, you’re not going there alone are you?
Lutecia: I’m going with my personal/legal guardian by my side.
Erio: Legal guardian? But isn’t your legal guardian Fate-san and Lindy-san?
Lutecia: They managed to change it to someone else.
Caro: To whom then?
Lutecia: Megane Alpino. My mother.
E+C: Huh… HUH?!
Erio: Wait… what? EH?
Caro: Your mother, she’s awake?
Lutecia: She woke up, the week before the last.
Erio: But when we visited then, you didn’t tell us that.
Lutecia: You didn’t ask.
Caro: Um, and, and then?
Lutecia: She heard about the situation, came to visit… and apologized to me for causing me so much hardship while she was asleep. So she promised that she’ll stay by side forever this time.
Erio: I see…
Lutecia: And… Mother will be able to leave the planet any time she wants, but I don’t think I can ever leave it until I’m an adult or older. It might be that I’ll never be able leave the planet. I don’t know when we’ll ever meet like this again… Sorry I didn’t tell you.
Caro: That can’t be…
Lutecia: Thank you for saving me and Garyuu, Jiraiyou and Hakutenoh. Tell everyone at Mobile Six, thank you for stopping Doctor and the Numbers, and saving everyone. Thank you for saving my mother and for your gentle mother, Fate-san, for becoming my legal guardian. Thank you for visiting me so many times, talking to me and becoming my friends, Erio, Caro.
Woman: Oh sorry, it’s almost time for personal visits to be over.
Erio: Yes…
Lutecia: We just finished our conversation right now.
Caro: Um, this. This is for Lu-chan, Agito-san and all the Numbers here from everyone at Mobile Six.
Woman: Yes, I’ll give them this for you.
Erio: Well then Lu.
Caro: I hope we can see each other next week.
Lutecia: Un…
Old 2009-09-19, 13:51   Link #2149
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oi ve, personal connections indeed. Fate got off with a slap on the wrist and Lutecia gets possibly life time exile? Despite that the two of them are in nearly the exact same situation?
Old 2009-09-19, 13:57   Link #2150
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Might be a difference in personal location: Lutecia performing all her crimes in Midchilda, while Fate was doing hers in some backwater planet called Earth

Besides, no matter what people may believe, no justice system is ever fair >.>

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 14:00   Link #2151
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Fate attacked a world nobody cares about. Lu attacked the capital and made the higher-ups crap their pants.

edit: darn, ninjed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 14:31   Link #2152
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So did the Numbers, and they got off pretty light by comparison as well. The Wolenritter have a century long list of crimes going for them, and they were allowed a happy life on earth as well.

I mean, out of all the criminals in Nanoha who were arrested and said sorry, only poor nine year old Lutecia, who was obviously manipulated by Jail and given to them by the freaking TSAB High Council, got a possibly life-long exile. Something is seriously screwed up here.

I'm calling author screwup on this one. No matter how you look at it, it doesn't make sense. This just screams 'Trick to write Lutecia out of the plot' from every angle.
Old 2009-09-19, 14:52   Link #2153
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Summoner Bias maybe?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 14:54   Link #2154
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What summoner bias are we talking about here?
Old 2009-09-19, 14:56   Link #2155
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I dunno, seems to me like as a summoner, Lutecia has no real other use to the TSAB. They weren't all that willing to take Caro in either, since she was a powerful summoner. Makes me think they accepted the Numbers, the Wolkenritter, and Fate because they have a wider range of abilities and thus are more useful to them.

Which ultimately is stupid.
Old 2009-09-19, 15:03   Link #2156
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No no no, they weren't too happy about Caro because Caro had no control. She was basically a walking timebomb that could just as well destroy her allies as it could her foes. Lutecia has no such hazard.

Until I get a decent canon explanation on Lutecia's punishment, I'm going to put this one under 'plot device.'

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-09-19 at 16:03.
Old 2009-09-19, 15:59   Link #2157
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No no no, they weren't to happy about Caro because Caro had no control. She was basically a walking timebomb that could just as well destroy her allies as it could her foes. Lutecia has no such hazard.

Until I get a decent canon explanation on Lutecia's punishment, I'm going to put this one under 'plot device.'
Same here, there better be a non-bs outcome for Lu-lu or else writers' heads will roll...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 16:07   Link #2158
prescience
Friendly Satanist

I wonder... I've always gotten the impression that the TSAB was pretty corrupt, so maybe this could be them setting up for that being a plot point in Force? Not likely, but it would be interesting if it were true...

Also, this takes place before SSX, where Lulu does play a part (though a smaller one that Erio and Caro), so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they're writing her out of the ploy immediately.

That said, the sentence she's talking about seems ridiculous given the extenuating circumstances. Maybe her legal counsel was being unreasonably pessimistic about it...
prescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 16:21   Link #2159
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So did the Numbers, and they got off pretty light by comparison as well. The Wolenritter have a century long list of crimes going for them, and they were allowed a happy life on earth as well.

I mean, out of all the criminals in Nanoha who were arrested and said sorry, only poor nine year old Lutecia, who was obviously manipulated by Jail and given to them by the freaking TSAB High Council, got a possibly life-long exile. Something is seriously screwed up here.

I'm calling author screwup on this one. No matter how you look at it, it doesn't make sense. This just screams 'Trick to write Lutecia out of the plot' from every angle.
Cinque got life in jail. Obviously, there have been... arrangements WRT to that sentence.

It could be the same thing: they start by giving a big sentence, then alter it if the subject cooperates.

There may also be a power issue in there. Isn't Lu a frigging S rank? At 9? I understand why they'd want to take her away for a bit. And you've seen her planet. It doesn't exactly look like hell. Though I guess for someone with an interest in ancient books and such, being out in the boonies can be rather inconvenient.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 16:28   Link #2160
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Cinque got life in jail. Obviously, there have been... arrangements WRT to that sentence.

It could be the same thing: they start by giving a big sentence, then alter it if the subject cooperates.

There may also be a power issue in there. Isn't Lu a frigging S rank? At 9? I understand why they'd want to take her away for a bit. And you've seen her planet. It doesn't exactly look like hell. Though I guess for someone with an interest in ancient books and such, being out in the boonies can be rather inconvenient.
Signum is an S-rank as well, and she got a happy live with everyone on earth. Though you may have a point with the altering of the sentence... but again, unless I hear a good explanation from canon itself, I'm hesitant to assume things like that.

And I can understand... I mean, its one S-rank you don't have to worry about needing to give a proper battle in the manga. They just... could have used a better excuse.

Tags
music