AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-31, 04:58   Link #521
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
It's way too well animated for a show above 50+ episodes. If this turns out to be 50 then my interest got peaked again as they might do some crazy stuff later on like Heroman being a completely separate entity and fighting without Joey present thus making it more of a true tag team. I also wonder if Joey has super strength(which is usually a characteristic of super-human fortitude) to a small degree judging by how he took some of those blows that would have pretty easily killed a human.

In regards to the government, I think they are going to end up being the good guys and the Doctor Minami(sp?) might be a short term bad guy leading up to the space arc as Joey and co. are going to need someone to build that space ship. The portrayal of the US government so far have really been positive for the most part. The president isn't crazy and the military isn't completely incompetent(mostly though) even though they were ineffective.
50+ episodes at this production level will pretty much cripple a studio and I'm really wondering how the sales are. This show just doesn't seem to have any appeal to any demographic. Especially when it comes to the 7-18 demo which seems to be their target. I just hate to see bones wasting their talents animating this drivel, I mean I swear the big bad skrugg confrontation was just cheesy and campy and any much more than 26 episodes just means that their devoting way to much into this show if it's not going to become a franchise.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 06:29   Link #522
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Episode 9 was a great wrap up to the arc, had neat, comic like lead in to the next story, with that hand and that "Eye" thing.
Folks, let's play a game. All American love to win and that is the American way boo yah. Losing is hateful to an American, if you lose you suck. If you can't stand the heat already, get out of the kitchen right now!!

But don't worry. This game is simple to win. How many shows/movies/any single form of entertainment can you name use a cliffhanger that ends with a foreboding evil hand picking up a sinister object.

I'll start, Doctor Who, Last of the Time Lords (think that was the 3rd season ending)

Still handling this show with a light sense of humour but to describe that ending as crap would be an understatement.

Quote:
I mean I swear the big bad skrugg confrontation was just cheesy and campy and any much more than 26 episodes just means that their devoting way to much into this show if it's not going to become a franchise.
Cheesy?

I would have to say underwhelming. 10 episodes in and all we had to do was beat the final boss up as always with the same old, same old. If I hear Heroman Blast, Heroman attack another 100 times I will not only be stoned as a motherfucker from my drinking game but dead afterwards.

If this makes it into a 2-3 year franchise, I'll be pretty damn surprised since it's pretty mediocre entertainment. And within the masked hero industry...I'll have to say just watch Ironman 2 and Spiderman 2.

Now I wonder if Ironman anime will be better.

Quote:
The portrayal of the US government so far have really been positive for the most part. The president isn't crazy and the military isn't completely incompetent(mostly though) even though they were ineffective.
Euphemism?

Let's think...
-Kept on using tanks when it failed horribly
-Loss some military hardware on trying to stop an alien's big balls.
-Didn't come to the decision to just relocate government if the balls just kept on rolling in one direction

And above all...
2 kids, a toy and a scientist- were able to infiltrate and stop said balls and giving the evil overlord the gentle nudge to destroy his entire base. (I say gentle because he only loss one fist fight and decided to end his invasion after conquering one city, for the most part curb stomping the US [Joey doesn't count] and within a space of a few days throwing in the towel)

US Government: Tank division destroyed, one or two helicopters loss, massive civilian damage in Center City and part of Washington D.C, unable to prevent humanitarian crisis that seems to be refugee evacuation of entire city. Could not think of simple idea like Joey and Co as well as Nick/whatshisname to infiltrate Aliens' base with Special Operations/counter-terrorist groups.

Infiltration- Stop balls of death, almost stole alien weapons, and after defeating final boss he evoked evil overlord rule 70- When backed to corner, blow up base in attempt to destroy the heroes as well as yourself and army. Nevermind 1:100 ratio loss.

US Government planning: Almost used nukes, had to rely on some weird military contractor with a beard of evil (Lockheed Martin, eat your hearts out). Was at receiving end of aliens' mercy.

If that ain't imcompetence, I don't know what is.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 08:39   Link #523
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
*snip
I didn't say they were effective, there wasn't much they can do. However it's not like they're tripping over themselves and are atleast trying to coordinate a response. The only part missing was showing some more spec ops trying to invade the tower or just plain out nuking the city. There is a difference between being ineffective and just incompetent.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 05:29   Link #524
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2010-06-03, 06:17   Link #525
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Yeah the crutches are becoming down right bizzar.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 06:20   Link #526
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Yeah the crutches are becoming down right bizzar.
If they'd at least explain his leg injury then it wouldn't be so strange.
Old 2010-06-03, 06:34   Link #527
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
If they'd at least explain his leg injury then it wouldn't be so strange.
They did already. Watch episode... 8, I think it was, more carefully.

Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 06:36   Link #528
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Even then, there is no way he's not healed after all this time. Remember he was making huge jumps in the skrugg base three months before.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 06:55   Link #529
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
They did already. Watch episode... 8, I think it was, more carefully.

Spoiler:
I seriously don't know why i don't remember that.

I thought i'd remember something so important. Was it episode 8, or an earlier one?
Old 2010-06-03, 07:38   Link #530
Crontica

Heroman Episode 11: Fooly Cooly
Old 2010-06-03, 08:17   Link #531
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Even then, there is no way he's not healed after all this time. Remember he was making huge jumps in the skrugg base three months before.
Just think of it as part of his character design or his personal limiter and how godlike he'll be without the crutches.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 08:23   Link #532
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Just think of it as part of his character design or his personal limiter and how godlike he'll be without the crutches.
That's one heck of an injury he had if he's on crutches for 3+ months. Will would have so dead if that was me.
Old 2010-06-03, 09:44   Link #533
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That's one heck of an injury he had if he's on crutches for 3+ months. Will would have so dead if that was me.
Considering how much of a bitch Will is, im positive he made sure that Psy's injury was borderline fatal.
Old 2010-06-03, 10:23   Link #534
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lina was seriously adorable in this episode. She's got stalker tendencies, good thing she somehow managed to ask Joey out on a date before it became worse

The Lorem ipsum in the White House's report was funny... can't even be bothered to write something in engrish, huh, BONES?

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Finally! I've been waiting so long for her to show up. Since she's coming to Joey's house, I guess she's probably family, yeah. Cousin seems likely. Or maybe a crazy aunt. In any case, it looks like she's going to be a fun character, though I wonder what role she's going to play in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Heroman Episode 11: Fooly Cooly
If only...
Old 2010-06-03, 10:24   Link #535
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
though I wonder what role she's going to play in the series.
Sidekick maybe?
Old 2010-06-03, 19:18   Link #536
Qikz

Really enjoyed Episode 10, Stan Lee had two cups of coffee this episode, his wait is finally over after 3 months!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 01:48   Link #537
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Finally! I've been waiting so long for her to show up. Since she's coming to Joey's house, I guess she's probably family, yeah. Cousin seems likely. Or maybe a crazy aunt. In any case, it looks like she's going to be a fun character, though I wonder what role she's going to play in the series.
While I'm probably crazy for thinking this girl is his mom (I'm tying her heavily to Joey's grandma's music hobby), I think Sister would be what I'm thinking about, although cousin sounds just about right to ship a Guitar Hero Girl x Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Really enjoyed Episode 10, Stan Lee had two cups of coffee this episode, his wait is finally over after 3 months!
The moment I heard him ask for coffee I knew it was him. But man, some things didn't change in 3 months (Lina,.... cheerleader uniforms are not for personal use), but to wait 3 months for coffee

And lol at Psy's cast. If it was fatal, he will not be even going bipedal, it's the chair or even amputation for him Seriously, I've had football related injuries before, and as with Pro players in the NFL, getting sidelined that long is unnatural. And so, I think he's just keeping it on for street cred

And seriously Will, you heading up into the mountains? You are the last survivor of SKRypton, you need to procreate with Lina NOW!

/me runs
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 08:53   Link #538
Bombo
TSF Fans

I was funny part..After all fails from lina to ask joey and in 11:00-11:05 i loled about reaction from lina to psy hehe...
after lina asking joey for moment
psy said : What? am I in the way?
Lina with pissed face :YES , YOU ARE

haha
Now the girl from op will show up in next episode..I think she so cute ^^

*episode 9
I really like the soundtrack after op end with Lab team <3
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 10:57   Link #539
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Episode 10 is cute and a welcome break that also provides a smooth transition to the new arc. Glad to see Stan finally got his coffee. About Psy's injury; heck, some toy turned into a heroic fighting machine, why not a kid with a plot-convenient permanent disability?

[edit]

Also, really dig the soundtrack.
Circlebutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 22:18   Link #540
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Bleh... I like most of the characters, but I still think Joey is too pure to be an effective hero. I mean... obliviousness and selflessness are too stereotypical in shonen characters. :P

That said, throwing a stop sign in front of those kidnappers was pretty badass, so there's hope for him. ^_^
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, mecha