AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-27, 11:00   Link #61
FlyByNite

I came across this manga a few months ago and have been loving it a lot. The storyline is pretty interesting, there's some rather unique and cool characters, and the artwork in it is awesome. I love how detailed and photo-realistic it is at times. It reminds me a bit of Gantz in that respect.

BTW, I've been wondering this awhile and I've googled it, but since this series seems to be something of a sleeper there isn't much feedback on it.

I'm not sure how much anyone reads american comics, at times I'll read certain Marvel comics if I hear a storyline that sounds interesting. The one exception being I'm a really big fan of Peter David so I tend to always get his work. He writes a comic called X-Factor. I see A LOT of similarities between Haruka and Layla Miller.

Both are young teen girls with light colored hair. Both are prescient and able to see glimpses of the future. Both join up with a kind of vigilante group that responds to things the law won't (or can't do). Both then tell the leader of their groups that they will marry him in the future.

I almost wonder at times if one or the other authors got ideas from it, although I think both started in 2005 (Well X-factor resumed after stopping for awhile, but the Layla addition didn't happen until it restarted in 2005).
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 03:24   Link #62
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
You know you might have something there....I have to look at one of my comics. I am sure Western Super Heroes and Culture has some influence. Then again I wonder how much influence was really eastern to begin with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Whoa, that's awesome *_*
Did you save some? I will post more later. Check back here for avatars, colored images and pictures that were released in later chapters.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 15:02   Link #63
hakisak
Banned

Colored by Ehko who is the da fuckin man when it comes to colorings and sigs!!!

*sigh*...well it is only 32 chapters. (Please don't complain about the spoilers.there is method to my madness)

I think Mamoru has been genetically altered and isn't fully human

Anyhoo. Due to my obsession had this page colored by Ehko

Colored PANEL
Spoiler for Here is the page. It looks a bit different from the render.:

Here is the render.

One of these days somebody will actually care that I posted these images here<--what I am telling myself

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-02-28 at 15:56.
Old 2009-02-28, 19:29   Link #64
hakisak
Banned

A Hjikata Wall...by Ehko.
(He takes requests you know...)

Spoiler for clicky:
Old 2009-03-04, 12:21   Link #65
yongshun

Wow new chapter and grandma is already getting everything ready for Haruka to get married. Mamaru could sense that drone coming too that was bad ass.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 23:06   Link #66
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Am glad to be a fan of Takashige's storytelling.

Interesting protagonists, especially for a covert international anti-crime network. I like those kinda good guys.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 21:22   Link #67
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Ch 35's scanlation's out.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 22:46   Link #68
yongshun

A blushing Haruka with glasses on is just so cute!!!
Old 2009-03-17, 00:41   Link #69
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
What's awesome is Hijikita versus Fang's flying machines.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 12:39   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hijikata proving Haruka wrong is just WIN! I lol'd at fang saying "I gotta get batteries" xD
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 18:11   Link #71
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I just read this manga and I loved it I really hope the release rate would speed up a bit since its only tranlated to vol 5 and the current is 9+.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 18:38   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Has anyone else been praying we get an anime adaptation for this eventually? Its so much better than i thought it would be and its perfect for an anime run good action interesting characters i mean a blind samurai and a pre cog teen and shit load of fighting to go along with it.

Not to mention a militant hot chick who can fire a P-90 in style while wearing heels DAMN
Old 2009-03-18, 18:57   Link #73
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Has anyone else been praying we get an anime adaptation for this eventually? Its so much better than i thought it would be and its perfect for an anime run good action interesting characters i mean a blind samurai and a pre cog teen and shit load of fighting to go along with it.

Not to mention a militant hot chick who can fire a P-90 in style while wearing heels DAMN
Of course im hoping for an anime, but its obvious that it wont be the same, since there are too many violent scenes and blood messes. So even if an anime came, it would be have heavy censors.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 21:21   Link #74
Ottocycle

Quote:

But first we'll need a proper studio who can get all this right. Not to mention budget too.

However good the prospect of an animated version sounds, it definitely needs to do the manga justice. Personally I'm looking at A-1 Pictures' presentation of Valkyria this season.

Or Madhouse with their Rideback team.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 22:47   Link #75
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
well, this ended up catching my interest, and while I've only read the first few chapters... I'm hooked!

After the torturous stuff of Ashita no yoichi, and the fact that most other sword mangas are set back in other historical periods (and yet I continue to read all of it), it's a good remedy to have a badass swordsman in modern times

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 22:59   Link #76
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Of course im hoping for an anime, but its obvious that it wont be the same, since there are too many violent scenes and blood messes. So even if an anime came, it would be have heavy censors.
Naw it can be done look at how bloody some animes are most recently Shikabane Hime there is a ton of blood all over that series. Hell even Black Lagoon had kids getting offed. If it aired late at night they could get away with almost anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
But first we'll need a proper studio who can get all this right. Not to mention budget too.

However good the prospect of an animated version sounds, it definitely needs to do the manga justice. Personally I'm looking at A-1 Pictures' presentation of Valkyria this season.

Or Madhouse with their Rideback team.
I wouldnt mind Madhouse getting their hands on it. I however would scream bloody murder if Gonzo got it.
Old 2009-03-19, 00:36   Link #77
yongshun

Quote:
Naw it can be done look at how bloody some animes are most recently Shikabane Hime there is a ton of blood all over that series. Hell even Black Lagoon had kids getting offed. If it aired late at night they could get away with almost anything.

I wouldnt mind Madhouse getting their hands on it. I however would scream bloody murder if Gonzo got it.
It is not ecchi enough for Gonzo .
Old 2009-03-19, 11:04   Link #78
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If this turned into an anime, first thing I'd like secured is the fact that it is seinen...or it would end up like Kurokami (not that I hate it but from what I gather the manga was far more serious). About the mutilations,blood and gore: can't they just air it after midnight and skip the censoring? There's no fun in maiming if you can't see the blood spray all over the place!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 00:36   Link #79
yongshun

New chapter is out and Mamaru finally destroys one and the tech geek found where the dude is locate nice
Old 2009-03-25, 07:02   Link #80
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
If this turned into an anime, first thing I'd like secured is the fact that it is seinen...or it would end up like Kurokami (not that I hate it but from what I gather the manga was far more serious). About the mutilations,blood and gore: can't they just air it after midnight and skip the censoring? There's no fun in maiming if you can't see the blood spray all over the place!
THIS!

Yea...poor, butchered kurokami ;___;
And that is why I don't really want to see an anime for this unless some badass company picks it up. The only proper "gore" (blood spraying) series right now is Birdy, but A-1 are rather unstable with their quality.

And there is something insanely gar about Mamoru sticking his katana into a grenade

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, seinen