AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-14, 16:09   Link #21
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She does have one thing....Championship...but no necklaces.
Old 2008-12-14, 16:30   Link #22
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

a necklace maybe....but 1st on round robin and/or tiara....0%
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-12-14, 17:04   Link #23
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
That tiara is worth more than any necklace could come close to.
Old 2008-12-14, 17:25   Link #24
Eater of All
NOM

No hard feelings, Fate fans, but should Fate ever enter Double Eliminations, even I'd vote against her. Last thing I'd want is a contestant stomping all over the tournament twice.

So I guess it's Kagami's year now.
Old 2008-12-14, 17:34   Link #25
FNSNA
Osaka is mai waifu

It is indeed hard for Fate to win again this year no matter what the fate fans says [IMO]
But seeing how Nanoha movies should be comin in on 2009 and her fanbase that is still present, she getting in the top 16 is more then 100%

It would be fun to see some new players to win the tiara. [But a Mai is still fine <3]
PS: No more LS plx
Old 2008-12-14, 18:05   Link #26
FiREwing

LS will make it in because of LSfags. And I'd have to agree that even I wouldn't vote Feito much this year just because I want something new.

But looking forward to a whole new year, with hopefully less oldies (yes even you Shana) and more newbies. I'll rage if it's almost all kyotoanimu raping again. AS has gotten better, but it's still a huge meh. I think I cried more laughing at a friend's stories than at AS.
Old 2008-12-14, 18:08   Link #27
chaosprophet

This time I think that the anti-Kyoani people should be more worried with Clannad than LS.
Old 2008-12-14, 19:05   Link #28
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
By the way, 2009 could be very different from 2008, depending on how many Koreans want more SaiMoe. LS will have high seeds due to MD, but if he didn't succeed the first time when ISML had low voters, then I'm not too worried about him this time around. Everyone knows I only supported Fate because she had a realistic chance of winning (over others). I hope I can support my true favorites this time around.
Old 2008-12-14, 19:17   Link #29
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

meh i dont let what happened in the past affect how I vote what so ever, I'll still vote for Fate, Nanoha and Shana 100% of the time (except in cases where they face each other of course), and everyone else will get votes depending on my mood as usual.
Old 2008-12-14, 22:39   Link #30
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

ISML 2009 thread. Win.

Hoping for a Yami win this year, but that's just wishful thinking... Maybe I'll be more geared towards who I don't want to win. Fate needs to make top 16, but that's all I'm hoping for. And of course, I have a vendetta over certain characters because of SBM - They must perish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare
Everyone knows I only supported Fate because she had a realistic chance of winning (over others). I hope I can support my true favorites this time around.
Was your moe list a lie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater-of-all
No hard feelings, Fate fans, but should Fate ever enter Double Eliminations, even I'd vote against her.
I thought you either abstained or voted against her most the time last year.
Old 2008-12-15, 00:29   Link #31
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
No hard feelings, Fate fans, but should Fate ever enter Double Eliminations, even I'd vote against her.
I thought you either abstained or voted against her most the time last year.

I've started MGLN a while ago and I know Fate a little more now, so I'll probably be voting her more in the future. But if it seems like she'll reach the Tiara again, I'll likely start voting against her regardless of moe or anything. The distinction lies in that I'm not opposing her out of ignorance or unfamiliarity, but out of a wish to prevent consecutive first place to the same contestant.

I'd probably do the same if it was Yuki, if that says anything.
Old 2008-12-15, 00:31   Link #32
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

You know, someone should have added a rule that last year's winner should abstain from this year. And no, Demi, it's not aimed at you, every country's leader cannot run for the same post over and over again. It gets really bad after some time.

Quote:
By the way, 2009 could be very different from 2008, depending on how many Koreans want more SaiMoe.
I don't see the co-relation.

Quote:
LS will make it in because of LSfags. And I'd have to agree that even I wouldn't vote Feito much this year just because I want something new.
Hm. LS fags are everywhere.
And something new... yeah agree here.

Quote:
This time I think that the anti-Kyoani people should be more worried with Clannad than LS.
Well...... I dunno about that, but there's so many others in CLANNAD ~After Story~ that's not been seeded yet. Like:
-Mei
-Misae
-Sanae (no, really)
-Yukine (yes, yakuza ane-ue for the win!)
and I believe there's going to be more.

And Haruhi too (if not for the fact that's it's almost 3 years)
-Ryoko
-Emiri
-Kyon's sis
(and don't get me staarted on the Seitenkan)

So, yeah, almost ALL the Kyoani projects are to be feared.
But Touhou is also up this year, it seems.
Old 2008-12-15, 00:43   Link #33
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
You know, someone should have added a rule that last year's winner should abstain from this year. And no, Demi, it's not aimed at you, every country's leader cannot run for the same post over and over again. It gets really bad after some time.

I know it wasn't aimed at me, but country leaders would not be subjected to hate for running the country well and would continue to be re-elected, as compared to moe tournaments where the more you win, the more you become hated. There has never been a repeat winner in any moe tournament, and I doubt it would start now. But if it does happen, then it happens. This is meant to be for fun, but excluding a character for previously winning kind of ruins the concept of ISML. It's the "best of the best" and you can't have all the best, if you don't even have last years winner.

@Eater-of-all: Oic. Now that makes more sense.
Old 2008-12-15, 00:44   Link #34
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Was your moe list a lie?
You know what I meant. I dropped support for Sakura halfway through ISML 2008.
Old 2008-12-15, 00:45   Link #35
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
I know it wasn't aimed at me, but country leaders would not be subjected to hate for running the country well and would continue to be re-elected, as compared to moe tournaments where the more you win, the more you become hated. There has never been a repeat winner in any moe tournament, and I doubt it would start now. But if it does happen, then it happens. This is meant to be for fun, but excluding a character for previously winning kind of ruins the concept of ISML. It's the "best of the best" and you can't have all the best, if you don't even have last years winner.
Well, at least voter sentiment prevents it from happening in the first place if the thread is anything to go by.
Old 2008-12-15, 00:53   Link #36
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
You know what I meant. I dropped support for Sakura halfway through ISML 2008.
I never knew of this.
Old 2008-12-15, 01:07   Link #37
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
I'll vote for who I want, when I want. I don't let silly crap like "past winner lulz" affect my decisions.
Old 2008-12-15, 01:44   Link #38
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
I'll vote for who I want, when I want. I don't let silly crap like "past winner lulz" affect my decisions.
^that

I cant think of anything that makes the whole "omfg cant have a winner two times!!!!!" thing that so many people get into their heads. Fate was voted as the most Moe person in ISML, why should the fact she won ISML 08 change anything about her? shes still the same person with the same amount of moe, nothing changed except that she won.

If anything, if she wins twice in a row that proves that after all this time she is still the most moe, and things like "cant vote for her cause she won already!" really messes up results since its a stupid reason. To me its just as stupid of a reason as Hate voting, i hate vote one person and that's Tsukasa, and that's only because of a certain someone who managed to piss me off beyond belief
Old 2008-12-15, 01:45   Link #39
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
QFT

I couldnt care less about previous winner, LS fags, Key/Kyoani blahblah etc, if I think someone is more moe then I will vote for that character, end of story.

Buuuuut, I wouldnt mind Shana winning =3
Old 2008-12-15, 01:47   Link #40
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
QFT

I couldnt care less about previous winner, LS fags, Key/Kyoani blahblah etc, if I think someone is more moe then I will vote for that character, end of story.
And I think the most moe isn't on the list yet.

Yakuza Ane-ue demands a space on the list.

Yes, that's Yukine.

Anyways, onto the topic. It's true that we SHOULD be voting on each character's merits, but not everyone will agree, that's the headache of holding such a competition. How 'bout a Open category and a Invitational category of 2010?

Tags
international, saimoe