AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-12-03, 18:41   Link #41
Sides

I'm surpised. It seems like they reanimated lip/mouth movement to sync with the english audio voice track. This mean if you use the jpn audio track, the lip movement won't match up.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 21:05   Link #42
Shadow5YA

Do Blades ever get more than 4 Arts? I feel like I should spend some WP to level some, but I don't want to waste it on lower level skills if I get better ones later.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 23:49   Link #43
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I'm surpised. It seems like they reanimated lip/mouth movement to sync with the english audio voice track. This mean if you use the jpn audio track, the lip movement won't match up.
Really? Is this something you noted or something officially stated? It looked to me that the game was still synced to the jp dub.

Spoiler for party member introduction:
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 11:53   Link #44
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Really? Is this something you noted or something officially stated? It looked to me that the game was still synced to the jp dub.
It is something I noticed, mainly because of the different names used in the oversea versions (Homura/Pyra)
Old 2017-12-04, 12:46   Link #45
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No they didn't. The vast majority of reviewers noted the lipsynch was absurdely off in a lot of cutscenes and they clearly didn't have the voice pack. Meanwhile, I've very rarely seen that with the JP dub.
Old 2017-12-04, 13:09   Link #46
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No they didn't. The vast majority of reviewers noted the lipsynch was absurdely off in a lot of cutscenes and they clearly didn't have the voice pack. Meanwhile, I've very rarely seen that with the JP dub.
Well the EU copy is definitely not in sync with the jpn track, or they just made them open and close their mouths randomly according to the lenght of tracks.
Old 2017-12-04, 13:41   Link #47
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I played the first 2 chapter with the JP game, then the EU game, and they have the exact same animations. They probably just added few more lip flaps at times, but if you go watch cutscenes in English, it is way off.
Old 2017-12-04, 16:11   Link #48
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

The lip sync is especially jarring in parts where it is required to watch the movement of the lips to get the message. Hopefully, an XC2 Secret File will shed light on those parts.

Speaking of books, does anyone know if the special edition artbook has any storyboards or short stories? The page count of XC2's art book rivals that of XC1's Secret File.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 16:36   Link #49
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

None. The book is basically a huge collection of sketches, illustrations and design concepts. Not sure if it has content regarding cut stuff from the game like XBX though. Going to check more thoroughly once I'm done with the game (chap9 with 52h)
Old 2017-12-05, 15:14   Link #50
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The game is incredible. My favorite Xenoblade so far.
Old 2017-12-05, 18:17   Link #51
Wandering Soul

I'm looking to get into the Xeno series, so would you guys say it is worthwhile to buy a 3ds for the original Xenoblade?
Old 2017-12-05, 18:31   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The game is incredible. My favorite Xenoblade so far.
I finished the game after 60 hours, and I definitely agree with this statement. To me, it goes like this: XB2 > XB1 >= XBX.
The game itself is a bit rough with some QoL features severely missing there, but aside, it was a wild ride and I think I will increase the timer count around 150h+ at this rate.

If only the extra story DLC wasn't in a year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm looking to get into the Xeno series, so would you guys say it is worthwhile to buy a 3ds for the original Xenoblade?
Frankly, it isn't a good idea considering how it runs rather poorly on the 3DS. It is serviceable enough if you don't want to go after a wii version, but the 3DS game isn't worth the purchase of a new3DS especially the console is close to its natural cycle.

Playing it on the wii or the wii U is better, but if all fails, well... there is emulation so heh.
Old 2017-12-05, 18:59   Link #53
Shadow5YA

The game says that getting rare Blades depends on the character's Luck stat, but how high does it have to be to consistently get them at least half the time?
Old 2017-12-05, 19:20   Link #54
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There isn't really any formula yet.
My advice is that you should only roll for 1 extra rare blade for everyone and keep your cores for later. Note that I'd definitely not recommend using too many cores on Rex considering he doesn't really need a lot of them.
Old 2017-12-05, 19:31   Link #55
Shadow5YA

Quote:
There isn't really any formula yet.
My advice is that you should only roll for 1 extra rare blade for everyone and keep your cores for later. Note that I'd definitely not recommend using too many cores on Rex considering he doesn't really need a lot of them.
That's what I'm going for. I don't have any rare blades yet.
Old 2017-12-06, 07:46   Link #56
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Just in case: Think twice before using an overdrive protocol. Those are extremely rare (found 3 of them) and they are one use only.
Also, avoid hybrid build, they are really inefficient in mid and late game.
Old 2017-12-06, 23:07   Link #57
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Just in case: Think twice before using an overdrive protocol. Those are extremely rare (found 3 of them) and they are one use only.
Also, avoid hybrid build, they are really inefficient in mid and late game.
What do you mean by hybrid? Are you talking about elements, multiple weapons, Physical attack vs Ether, or attack/tank/healer roles?
Old 2017-12-06, 23:26   Link #58
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^Probably the latter. I think it's easiest to have an ATK/ATK/ATK-HLR/HLR/HLR-TNK/TNK/TNK setup because it's reliable. That being said I don't strictly adhere to it myself. Kora is just too awesome.
Old 2017-12-07, 06:43   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Physical/Ether hybrid isn't that bad, but it is mainly role hybrid that doesn't work that well, especially for Tanks.
The reason is that you can't exactly have your tank switch from a tank blade into anything else as they are at risk of taking spike damage during that period, and since you have no control on the IA blade switch, it is not a good idea. Even if you control the tank of your party, you are limiting yourself in that case for the same reason. Also, note that the class bonus such as aggro UP is inferior with 2 TNK + 1 ATK/HLR compared to 3 TNK.

This kind of optimization isn't exactly necessary early on, but starting approximately from chapter 5, it isn't really a good idea.

ATK and HLR are fine with 1 blade from the other type, but you shouldn't put a TNK blade on any of them. But similarly for tanks, the class bonus (damage UP and potion effect UP etc) isn't maximized if you don't put the 3 blades of the same type.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-12-07 at 07:01.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-07, 12:18   Link #60
Applehell

Just got start of Ch 3 and my god the pain of using a rare core crystal plus booster, only to waste by getting a trash bllade is almost unbearable.

Besides that this has been pretty fun so far. I'm staring to get fair good at battle system, but half time it's hard come grips with it when stuff get's really hectic.

I'm thinking of going back to Goldmouth and trying to farm some boosters right now.

EDIT: If anyone looking for a list of favorites this should help:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LKk/edit#gid=0

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-12-07 at 13:47.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote