Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-28, 11:55   Link #61
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That was pretty horrifying
Kirill has no grounds to complain about people mistaking him for a woman anymore- and since it happened so often, viewers can't complain that there wasn't any foreshadowing.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 14:20   Link #62
Frontier

That Cops parody with the blurred out faces and high-pitched voices was hilarious. It would've been more hilarious to see Kirill react to being on-film while it was going on instead of afterwards .

Doug and Kirill seem to be really bonding .

Nice to see more of Apple Bieber, though it's too bad everyone thinks he's a peeping tom .

I wonder if we're ever going to get an episode focused solely on Max and Yuri. Yuri kind of got focus in the Deana and Kay episode, but they're probably the lest developed of the detective pairs by this point, and probably one of the most potentially interesting ones to boot.

That "sister" reveal...I don't know what it says about Kirill that he could be so oblivious about that, but I guess the show's been pretty upfront from the start about how much of an idiot he is .
Old 2018-10-28, 16:38   Link #63
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
That "sister" reveal...I don't know what it says about Kirill that he could be so oblivious about that, but I guess the show's been pretty upfront from the start about how much of an idiot he is .
Going by how he didn't even know his sister real name, there was deception involved here. So, it's not just Kirill being an idiot, although that surely helped.

I feel like there is something more about "the ones above" and the "sister" story has so many flags. In fact, it feels a bit like The Truman Show movie (with Kirill = Truman).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 16:56   Link #64
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Going by how he didn't even know his sister real name, there was deception involved here. So, it's not just Kirill being an idiot, although that surely helped.

I feel like there is something more about "the ones above" and the "sister" story has so many flags. In fact, it feels a bit like The Truman Show movie (with Kirill = Truman).
I sort of wonder if Valery going by an assumed name when they were living together has anything to do with Esperanza. After all, Valery did specifically go looking for work at a shop that has hardly any customers at around the same time that information about various Esperanza executives was leaked to the police. The fact that all of the customers Derick does get are SEVEN-O detectives and one of them is Kirill might be a coincidence (or the rabbit hole might go even deeper.)
Old 2018-10-28, 19:16   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The show has trolled us so much I'm actually considering taking that drunkard's ramblings seriously. They could have casually revealed the whole twist while making it look like a joke.

I thought it was super fishy that Kirill's sister had the same voice as him, so I wasn't that surprised by the reveal. They look an awful lot like each other too, so I wonder if there's another twist coming, like Kirill being a clone of Valery. Anything seems possible in this show. I mean, we even have an android.
Old 2018-10-28, 20:29   Link #66
drawr

I...wasn't expecting that. I guess for the Vrubel siblings it wouldn't be hard to pass as a girl especially as a child and the show has been hammering on about Kirill's looks for a while. But I'm still wondering if this isn't a completely different person. Whoever it is is pretty suspicious either way.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 20:30   Link #67
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought it was super fishy that Kirill's sister had the same voice as him, so I wasn't that surprised by the reveal. They look an awful lot like each other too, so I wonder if there's another twist coming, like Kirill being a clone of Valery. Anything seems possible in this show. I mean, we even have an android.
Hmm... maybe it's an experiment set after the rise of NEXTs that's trying to find a way to artificially induce them. They might have created a closed environment and tried to partially recreate the circumstances under which NEXTs first arose, hence the anachronistic technologies like Betamax existing alongside androids and vision-integrated scanning systems. If that were the case i'd agree that Kirill is probably at the center of it somehow, especially considering his vague drive toward becoming a "hero."
Old 2018-10-29, 07:08   Link #68
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

this series made the "that escalated quickly" up front and center.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 11:40   Link #69
Alhazred

Random thought: Kirill and Valery Vrubel both have what appear to be Russian names. Is stupid puppy Kirill possibly the happiest male Russian character we've ever had in anime? We do get bubbly Russian girls all the time, but the guys usually cleave closer to the western "dour Russian" stereotype. I guess Kirill does look like a girl, though...
Old 2018-10-30, 15:36   Link #70
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Random thought: Kirill and Valery Vrubel both have what appear to be Russian names. Is stupid puppy Kirill possibly the happiest male Russian character we've ever had in anime? We do get bubbly Russian girls all the time, but the guys usually cleave closer to the western "dour Russian" stereotype. I guess Kirill does look like a girl, though...
I admit I haven't started the show yet, but if you're looking for a male Russian who isn't dour to compare Kirill too, I suggest you start with Victor Nikiforov of Yuri on Ice.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 16:31   Link #71
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I admit I haven't started the show yet, but if you're looking for a male Russian who isn't dour to compare Kirill too, I suggest you start with Victor Nikiforov of Yuri on Ice.
Heh... i suppose this exception doesn't surprise me, given the shipping we're probably going to continue to get with Kirill and Doug.

Edit:

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Last edited by Alhazred; 2018-11-04 at 13:04.
Old 2018-11-04, 18:03   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really good episode. The identity of Doug's first partner was revealed and at the same time the reason he wants to reform society. I liked the way this was handled. And yeah, I think this might be the first episode where Kirill didn't have a misunderstanding or made a mistake. Guess he's learning.
Old 2018-11-04, 18:15   Link #73
Alhazred

Quote:
That was a really good episode. The identity of Doug's first partner was revealed and at the same time the reason he wants to reform society. I liked the way this was handled. And yeah, I think this might be the first episode where Kirill didn't have a misunderstanding or made a mistake. Guess he's learning.
It might just be that his (normally misplaced) genre savvy was actually correct this time, because the episode played the cop show revenge arc completely straight.
Old 2018-11-04, 19:08   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He did manage to do something stupid/funny though, namely putting himself to sleep
Old 2018-11-04, 20:04   Link #75
Alhazred

Quote:
He did manage to do something stupid/funny though, namely putting himself to sleep
Heh, 50/50 chance that is exactly what Doug intended to happen.
Old 2018-11-05, 04:51   Link #76
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so how long will the "Derick does not know Velery's real gender" gag lasted?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 11:14   Link #77
drawr

Felt like this rushed through a 3 episode arc in one episode.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 22:17   Link #78
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
so how long will the "Derick does not know Velery's real gender" gag lasted?
If they don't want the transgender community up in arms, they will bury it or resolve it in the next episode imo.
Old 2018-11-11, 10:56   Link #79
Alhazred

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2018-11-11, 14:33   Link #80
Frontier

This definitely felt like a "Western High School" episode with all the emphasis on Prom and cheerleaders. I know Japanese schools have cheerleaders, it's even the basis of an actual anime running this season, but the ones here were definitely more in the Western vein. Even the bullying felt straight out of something you would probably see in an American TV show (not that Japanese bullying is much better)

Do Japanese schools do school dances? The closest I can think of are those bonfire dances you sometimes see in school festivals .

So Kay was the "Genius Queen?" I hope that wasn't a "Queen of the Nerds" type nickname .

Somehow, I'm not surprised Deana was Prom Queen .

It's nice of Kirill to try and protect Yuri's secret as a robot, even if everyone already knows about it already. But it's the thought that counts .

I feel like Chris and Hannah may have had this potential secret romance going between the popular guy and the outcast girl. Also, why did Hannah have an eyepatch ?

I think this is probably the first time the show has made us really feel for and emphasize with the criminal and Anthem user. Although it's not altogether unsurprising when you're "perp" turns out to be a teenage girl desperately trying to survive high school .

So Max's crush in high school turned out be either transgender or someone who likes to dress in girls clothing, which is why she started to style herself as more of a Butch woman to match him and it stuck. I guess in light of the subtext of her relationship with Yuri that she's bisexual? Although I don't get the sense the show will really dive into her sexuality with how low-key they're depicting her relationship with Yuri...

Tags
detectives, police, super hero