AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-09, 19:36   Link #121
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I LOVE Wing Zero from Gundam Wing Endless Waltz. It's the best Gundam that had ever been designed.

Second is 00 Gundam and Exia from Gundam 00. And Deathsycthe Hell Custom from Gundam Wing.

And then Freedom and Justice from Gundam Seed
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 19:42   Link #122
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I liked the Ver Ka of the Wing Zero, only appeared as a kit and GFF figure. But I think it combines the best of 3 Gundams.

I'd KILL to see it in animation one day.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 20:59   Link #123
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Heres my list:

1. Wing Zero Custom
Love the wings just makes it majestic
2. Virtue/Seravee/Nadleeh/Seraphim
something about Fat Gundams and lots of Guns makes me love them
3. Strike Freedom/Justice/Akatsuki
I consider those all in the same style, back wings w/ dragoons of some sort etc..
4. Kyrios/Arios
Both very agile mobile, and can transform, I love the style in which they were made
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 21:27   Link #124
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Personally, I like how they designed Akatsuki's head. The 2 side fins make it look awesome IMO.

But...SF ftw. The 8 wing-like DRAGOONs, the chest cannon, and the hip cannons all combines nicely.
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 21:37   Link #125
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Something I'd like to comment on the OO Raiser's design though. With those big things hanging from the suit's shoulders, wouldn't it limit the area of movement that the swords can do? Unless the GN Drives are swivelled back, the GN Swords may actually hit the Raiser on certain angles if precise movements of the Gundam wrists are to be exploited.

To put it simply, imagine yourself in a sword fight with two big things hanging on to your shoulders - wouldn't you take extra care not to hit them by accident? Or rather wouldn't it limit some of your movements?

This is my secret little beef with melee type mobile suits. They should have complete freedom and space of movement for their longer, blade weapons. As in, no wings, no fancy backpack that will get in the way. I'd say even Infinite Justice might suffer from this as well if Athrun was to slash at a certain angle, but at least his backpack can detach.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 02:29   Link #126
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Something I'd like to comment on the OO Raiser's design though. With those big things hanging from the suit's shoulders, wouldn't it limit the area of movement that the swords can do? Unless the GN Drives are swivelled back, the GN Swords may actually hit the Raiser on certain angles if precise movements of the Gundam wrists are to be exploited.

To put it simply, imagine yourself in a sword fight with two big things hanging on to your shoulders - wouldn't you take extra care not to hit them by accident? Or rather wouldn't it limit some of your movements?

This is my secret little beef with melee type mobile suits. They should have complete freedom and space of movement for their longer, blade weapons. As in, no wings, no fancy backpack that will get in the way. I'd say even Infinite Justice might suffer from this as well if Athrun was to slash at a certain angle, but at least his backpack can detach.
Maybe the units are preprogrammed to move away from the arms?....
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 03:32   Link #127
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The Hyaku Shiki is indeed a really cool MS, but it doesn't reflect beams, it hardly even deflect beams with the beam coat lol
Yea, I personally watched just the movies of Zeta and the chosen episodes of the series but did not see Hyaku Shiki deflecting beams like SEED's Akatsuki did. But I admit I assumed that I must missed something when I read this on mahq:

Spoiler for from mahq:

Quote:
It was really totalled at the end by mega beam spamming from The O and Quebeley.
Even if, for a unit that was getting quite old by the end of the series, it did fairly well, I think Especially with its pilot being like one of the best Zeon veteran pilots ever
Old 2009-03-10, 04:05   Link #128
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Yea, I personally watched just the movies of Zeta and the chosen episodes of the series but did not see Hyaku Shiki deflecting beams like SEED's Akatsuki did. But I admit I assumed that I must missed something when I read this on mahq:

Spoiler for from mahq:

Even if, for a unit that was getting quite old by the end of the series, it did fairly well, I think Especially with its pilot being like one of the best Zeon veteran pilots ever
Before I'd heard about the beam coating, my friends and I always thought the gold plating might've been used to reflect sunlight at an enemy during combat, like shining a flashlight in someone's eyes...

Well, the best way I can imagine it is that the coating might've been reflective to an extent, but completely beam resistant. Apart from that, I've always imagined Char/Quattro to be a pilot who wouldn't even take advantage of the coating. If I had the coating, it'd be a nice reassurance for protection, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Who knows? Maybe the Argama crew ran out of the stuff just before Operation Maelstrom and just gave it a coat of gold paint.

Now the Akatsuki on the other hand, that thing must've been made completely out of anti-beam coating. I've never seen a suit shrug off so many beams in my life!

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 08:42   Link #129
kakakka

Quote:
The Raiser wings move/switch to the back and move up when its in battle.
kinda like this
Spoiler for Image:

Last edited by kakakka; 2009-03-10 at 09:21.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 09:18   Link #130
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
The Raiser wings move/switch to the back and move up when its in battle.
kinda like this
Spoiler for Image:
The wings move like "No Hotlinking"....?
EDIT: Saw the picture now, forget my previous sarcasm attempt.
Old 2009-03-10, 09:21   Link #131
kakakka

Here. second image. Thanks for noticing.
http://bonkurasu.animeblogger.net/20...-1100-00-kits/
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 04:45   Link #132
JayCee
Enigma

Quite a lot that I like with no particular favourite. But here's a sample of some of the one's I favour

- Hi Nu Gundam (Love the design of it + fin funnels, just love em)
- Rx 178 MK II Titans (Solid, sturdy, less gimmicks makes it look strangely appealing)
- GM Sniper II (Snipers, just love snipers. Not enough of em around in Gundam if you ask me)
- RGZ-95 ReZEL (Sleek, wishful hoping they release a MG version of this)
- MSN-001A1 Delta Plus (IMO looks better than the successor Hyaku Shiki)
- Rick Dom (One of the best Zeon units IMO)
- RX-78GP03 (A classic design from the UC timeline)

I could go on for quite a while so I'll leave it there lol
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 05:18   Link #133
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I actually prefer regular Nu over Hi-Nu, but my opinion might change if I saw it animated.
Old 2009-03-11, 05:22   Link #134
JayCee
Enigma

Maybe it's just me but I feel the original Nu looks a bit bland. Much prefer the evolve version of Nu though
Old 2009-03-11, 05:26   Link #135
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
I actually prefer regular Nu over Hi-Nu, but my opinion might change if I saw it animated.
Even if animated, in SRW, I always thought Nu looked cooler in action than Hi-Nu.

The way the Fin Funnels launch one by one while Nu twirls around is always cooler than Hi-Nu releasing all 6 at once, there's just something special with the unsymmetry of the Fin that gave the name Fin Funnels.

The black and white is more classy than Hi-Nu's blue or purple.

Though of course Hi-Nu itself is also a very nice looking design.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 05:39   Link #136
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Even if animated, in SRW, I always thought Nu looked cooler in action than Hi-Nu.

The way the Fin Funnels launch one by one while Nu twirls around is always cooler than Hi-Nu releasing all 6 at once, there's just something special with the unsymmetry of the Fin that gave the name Fin Funnels.

The black and white is more classy than Hi-Nu's blue or purple.

Though of course Hi-Nu itself is also a very nice looking design.
That's definately true. The funnels launching one at a time does look much better. Almost mesmirizing...oooooo funnels. Maybe I should think about doing a MG Hi Nu in classic Nu colours
Old 2009-03-11, 08:07   Link #137
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
- Rx 178 MK II Titans (Solid, sturdy, less gimmicks makes it look strangely appealing)
Yeah. TBH, it was the first UC Gundam to ever draw my attention and the first UC MG I bought for myself. My personal choice is the unit 03, the one Kamille stole :]

Quote:
- GM Sniper II (Snipers, just love snipers. Not enough of em around in Gundam if you ask me)
I see we have this one big thing in common! The love for sniper mechas radiates to all the other series, making me like such Gundams as Buster and Dynames on sight.

Quote:
- Rick Dom (One of the best Zeon units IMO)
Yeah. And it belonged to the Zeon superace Brenev Auggs with most kills on the side of Zeon :]

Quote:
- RX-78GP03 (A classic design from the UC timeline)
I have to agree on this one. It is among of the most balanced and sleek hero Gundam designs. The back thrusters are something that makes it all cool and smooth. it looked even better when docked to this giant castle-like thing called Dendrobium :]
Old 2009-03-11, 08:08   Link #138
JayCee
Enigma

Great minds think alike Although I have to say Buster was disappointing. He seemed more like a weak artillery support than a sniper
Old 2009-03-11, 08:26   Link #139
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Great minds think alike Although I have to say Buster was disappointing. He seemed more like a weak artillery support than a sniper
Not that weak Still, I forgot this lil' difference that I generally like long-ranged mecha (including artillery ones :]). Big bazookas, cannons and rifles FTW!
Old 2009-03-11, 08:27   Link #140
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Not that weak Still, I forgot this lil' difference that I generally like long-ranged mecha (including artillery ones :]). Big bazookas, cannons and rifles FTW!

1 hit kill! Head shot! boom! lol