AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 14:42   Link #741
DC20

I won't lie, I would have gone with the "Tell Isara she was adopted" option.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 20:46   Link #742
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
I won't lie, I would have gone with the "Tell Isara she was adopted" option.
It won't work since she already knows she's adopted.
Old 2011-01-09, 21:30   Link #743
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
It won't work since she already knows she's adopted.
Yeah, but hearing that from Welkin (whom we all know doesn't care she's adopted, since he loves his sis anyway and is extremely close to her anyway) would still crush Isara in the way that he'd say it (considering Welkin says it in the manner DC20 implies) that he doesn't consider her a sister anymore. Just some "adopted girl" who's been hounding him all his life.

Personally, I'd choose the "Screw this, I have Alicia" option.

I'm Lieutenant Gunther, and Alicia's my favorite girl on Valkyria Chronicles
Old 2011-01-09, 23:26   Link #744
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'll choose the "Side with Isara" option, and stuff a sock in Rosie's mouth.
Old 2011-01-10, 15:56   Link #745
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Yeah, but hearing that from Welkin (whom we all know doesn't care she's adopted, since he loves his sis anyway and is extremely close to her anyway) would still crush Isara in the way that he'd say it (considering Welkin says it in the manner DC20 implies) that he doesn't consider her a sister anymore. Just some "adopted girl" who's been hounding him all his life.
If Welkin did say that > I'd be SO damn mad!! That'd be low, but thankfully that's totally not Welkin :P
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 15:34   Link #746
Owlette

Lol at options for pick either Rosie or Isara. Yes, I agreed with Snowman; Welkin is too cared for her sister.

Anyway -- I'm looking for big maps of Europa. I visited the wiki links but the words on the map are too small to read. So I googled Europa maps but it seems they're either small or medium size that is too hard to read names and words... I'd searched for them for two days straight but no luck. Do anybody know where the big map is for Europa?
Owlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 17:52   Link #747
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlette View Post
Lol at options for pick either Rosie or Isara. Yes, I agreed with Snowman; Welkin is too cared for her sister.

Anyway -- I'm looking for big maps of Europa. I visited the wiki links but the words on the map are too small to read. So I googled Europa maps but it seems they're either small or medium size that is too hard to read names and words... I'd searched for them for two days straight but no luck. Do anybody know where the big map is for Europa?
Here you go:

Spoiler for Europan Map:

Frankly, it's the only map of Europa that I've ever seen, so I doubt there's more out there. Still, I hope this helped.
Old 2011-01-11, 18:48   Link #748
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Here you go:

Spoiler for Europan Map:

Frankly, it's the only map of Europa that I've ever seen, so I doubt there's more out there. Still, I hope this helped.
So, it's safe to assume that Gleisdorf is the name of the imperial capital since it's really at the heart of the Empire.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 18:54   Link #749
Owlette

Whoa, that's pretty huge! But this is much better. Thank you, Mr. Wang. Oh, it's all right. I'm fine with that. But I am surprise that map have no information on the upper right corner. Like, how much miles are for cities and distances, what meaning of color lines, and etc. Hmm...

Last edited by Owlette; 2011-01-11 at 18:55. Reason: Grammar errors.
Owlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 01:00   Link #750
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Got a little busy recently, but there it is finally in glorious color. With civilian clothing and 2 prototypes of IR goggles were inspired by Splinter Cell games, this girl is ready to kick ass and create havoc.

I guess the militia's special operations badge could look like that today. Thunderbolts and swords are so common to identify these units.

Spoiler for Alicia in Black Ops:

Also, I have this for fallschirmjager

Spoiler for version 2:

Right now, I am thinking of having Eleanor Varrot as the last character for my crossover series. I am thinking of something showing two Eleanors with over 15 years apart between the two.

About the tank... I dropped the idea as I can't find a way to add the required weaponry to make it virtually invincible without making the tank ugly as someone warned me before. And besides, most MBTs today adopt more or less similar features/shapes and that's not as fun as it used to be in WWII when it comes to diversity.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2011-01-17 at 08:19.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 16:11   Link #751
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Haha, awesome, Kira. Even the shorter barrel looks better, thanks.

My idea for the Edelweiss was a Leopard II. Have the starting tank as a L2A4 variant and modify it to the A7+ variant in the end.

The Gallian MBT I envisioned as Leopard I's with the Edelweiss being a test type procured for trials (and improved upon by Theimer) that was deemed unfeasible due to costs.

The Gallian Leopards would be the 1A5 variant mounting the original Leopard II's L44 120mm smooth bore (something never actually done but possible) whilst the Edelweiss has the improved L55 120mm cannon.

The Shamrock (and all other squad level armoured vehicles) I've got down as Swedish CV90 IFV's.

I love the look of the CV90 and the 40mm Bofors model would wreak so much havoc on the field.

I'll get around to my own drawings soon I swear, I've almost caught up on all my reading so I can clear my desk and dust of the pads.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 03:01   Link #752
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 03:38   Link #753
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

^ Oh, Jesus, Red's gonna be all over that as soon as he sees it...

His insistence on a "Valkyria Fortress" makes me facepalm.
Old 2011-01-16, 07:08   Link #754
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Gallian Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

(Alright, I'm getting addicted to these shops way too much... )

Edit:

Squad 7 gets some much needed armor upgrades...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-01-17 at 00:16.
Old 2011-01-16, 15:30   Link #755
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Squad 7 gets some much needed armor upgrades...

Oh lol very Mammoth Tank-esque, with the expection of the quad tracks.

I take it that tank is from some other game?
Old 2011-01-16, 20:56   Link #756
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh lol very Mammoth Tank-esque, with the expection of the quad tracks.

I take it that tank is from some other game?
It's a Type-61 MBT from Mobile Suit Gundam actually (shown here is the modernized MS IGLOO version), which has been wielding dual guns long before anything known as a Mammoth Tank appeared.

Old 2011-01-17, 02:40   Link #757
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
It's a Type-61 MBT from Mobile Suit Gundam actually (shown here is the modernized MS IGLOO version), which has been wielding dual guns long before anything known as a Mammoth Tank appeared.
Before that, there was the Ratte. Granted, the Germans never finished the Ratte, but it was doubling 280mm guns compared to the Mammoth's 122mm and the Type-61's 150mm.

I guess more people play Command & Conquer than they do watch Gundam...
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 15:36   Link #758
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Interesting recent imagery; I got a chuckle out of the Mass Effect and GRAW nods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I guess more people play Command & Conquer than they do watch Gundam...
That, and most Gundam series make the assumption that mobile suits make all other fighting vehicles obsolete (though, as I understand it, the Zeon forces tended to be a bit more sensible about combined-arms tactics). A couple of points I recall about old-school Gundam, since we're in the neighborhood:
  • I heard that Tomino's original conception of 'mobile suit' was as powered armor (see: 'Starship Troopers', the K-series suits used by the AD Police in Bubblegum Crisis)... but this was changed in order to 'compete' with the other giant-robot shows on the airwaves;
  • Without the 'Minovskiy physics' handwave, mobile suits would not survive long on the battlefield, what with being large and inviting targets for all kinds of long-range nastiness.
Related tidbit: while Verhoeven's take on the classic novel loses the powered armor, it is retained in the anime/manga treatment. This reference might prove useful for our resident artists.

Spoiler for AD Police battlesuits:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 04:55   Link #759
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm... I find it strange that I can't see to find any images of the weapons in Valkyria Chronicles 2 anywhere. Anyone in the know got some?

Old 2011-01-23, 07:59   Link #760
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Hmmm... I find it strange that I can't see to find any images of the weapons in Valkyria Chronicles 2 anywhere. Anyone in the know got some?
They're in the Art Works book.

I'll dig it out in the morning and snap a few photos for you.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote