AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-30, 21:49   Link #81
Shadow5YA

After watching the idolm@ster anime, I feel like they would remake the OVA's universe into the TV series.

Why? Because it's cheap. There's no way they will have the budget to show fights in every episode, so they'll cut costs by inserting a parallel world that's just generic school life. I feel that's why they did what they did in the OVA, and it could be a very real possibility for the TV series as well.

Only time will tell. I really hope I'm not right.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 22:01   Link #82
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have doubts that such a cost-cutting measure will happen on BRS, even if it is Ordet.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:40   Link #83
DarkRape
I am a God.

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkRape
I'm looking forward to this.

The OVA, as good as it was, lacked proper storytelling. It left me wanting more at certain parts but also made me question why the girl in the other world was walking through a strange place and the girl in the actual real world didn't know her. It seemed to me that people who didn't play the game at first would seem really confused about that, especially since the end of the film showed the Black Rock Shooter and Mato (I forget her name, it's been a year since I've seen it) meeting for the first time, and she wakes up to save her friend. I really thought that left a confusing place for people.

Part of me hopes the TV series re-explains the concept of the world and separate reality so next time I won't have to play the game to understand the concepts of it. Then again, maybe most fans were already attached to the game?
DarkRape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 11:41   Link #84
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRape View Post
Part of me hopes the TV series re-explains the concept of the world and separate reality so next time I won't have to play the game to understand the concepts of it. Then again, maybe most fans were already attached to the game?
The game has nothing to do with the OVA. They have completely different stories and continuities.
Old 2011-10-11, 05:13   Link #85
DarkRape
I am a God.

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkRape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The game has nothing to do with the OVA. They have completely different stories and continuities.
Oh, I understood that. It was the fact that the worlds they lived in were confusing. BRS is someone in an alternative dimension and Mato was in reality. But in the OVA, they did not properly explain that they were not acquainted nor that Mato had not seen the other world. I was very confused until I saw that the game had some similarities and explained that piece better.

The story = new.

I liked the OVA's story.
DarkRape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 18:29   Link #86
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm totally stoked for this. I watched and loved the OAV from start to finish and I know that the upcoming anime won't disappoint.

It's actually quite amazing that the author of the Haruhi Suzumiya novels did the screenplay for the OAV, I hope he does it for the TV series.
Old 2011-10-27, 05:09   Link #87
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4877.html

This is strange. Only 8 episodes? Studio Trigger? Yamakan? Nitroplus? Pixiv? The who and the what?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 05:32   Link #88
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4877.html

This is strange. Only 8 episodes? Studio Trigger? Yamakan? Nitroplus? Pixiv? The who and the what?
I saw that, but wasn't prepared to comment since I didn't see anything on BRS site, Trigger's site, Ordet's site et al, the original comments came from Twitter (Atsushi Matsumoto), and there's no other announcement / site to go to. I'd treat it as rumor for now.

I'd wait for an official announcement, but what it looked like is that Sanzigen (CG unit, worked on many titles including PanSto) x Trigger (ex-Gainax staff worked on PanSto, TTGL, currently doing iM@S 17 tonight) x Ordet is forming a Unit called UltraSuperPictures, which will be doing BRS TV.

Additionally it seems that Nitroplus and Pixiv, and I think it's a foreign investor (US?) have stakes in this new Unit, Yamakan is part of this new Unit but no confirmation on directing, and BRS TV will be 8 episodes long.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 05:43   Link #89
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

Here's the official announcement:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-holding-firm
Old 2011-10-27, 05:49   Link #90
Pachael
原作通り

Okay, now there's the announcement. Excite meter to 100%!
Old 2011-10-27, 06:11   Link #91
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Yamakan is always exciting.

1 hour episodes please~
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2011-10-27, 06:11   Link #92
Horse

Munto TV redux.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 09:09   Link #93
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
new pv and visuals at the official site
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 09:22   Link #94
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Hmm...looks like Yoshioka Shinobu is going to give this another go? But the OVA he directed had a mixed reception...
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2011-10-27, 09:32   Link #95
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So the horned girl in glasses is a new character... I also see Dead Master(?), BRS (of course) Black Gold Saw and Strength.

So there will be two new characters, including the first even BRS character to sport a shield.

Eight episodes for a series IS weird, although information is still sparse.

EDIT: No wait, the girl in the glasses IS Dead Master! O_O
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 10:14   Link #96
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

When watching the new PV, the director is the same as the OVA while its obscured.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 10:19   Link #97
Shadow5YA

Only 8 episodes? That's the shortest TV season I've ever seen.

I hope this means the story will be as concise as possible with less slice of life filler.
Old 2011-10-27, 10:28   Link #98
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Only 8 episodes? That's the shortest TV season I've ever seen.

I hope this means the story will be as concise as possible with less slice of life filler.
Mitsudomoe S2 also had 8 eps. At the rate we're going we'll get 1/2 cour shows.
Old 2011-10-27, 11:00   Link #99
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

That's a new design for Yomi isn't it? I certainly like the old one better but that one isn't exactly bad either.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 11:25   Link #100
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Somehow I was thinking of Madoka Magica when I first saw that visual. I don't really have a clear opinion on the CG or the new character designs but they do look nice. I'll just avoid getting overly hyped so that I don't end up expecting too much. 8 episodes? Dang.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, slice of life