AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 26 12.15%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.87%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-09, 08:17   Link #281
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
She dreamed about her old world. She had thought whether all that happened in those two years were just a dream. She was glad it wasn't. She also mentioned that though she wanted to return, she still want to come back in the game where she has a lot of memories...
Touching again on the whole 'the hostages are starting to enjoy their lives' debate from earlier episode threads.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 08:30   Link #282
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I'm still confused as to what they will all look like when they do beat the game. Seriously bed-ridden, and weak.

Though I'm sure there was some way to move them all into some huge Hospital facility or military hospital facility, and they've been treated like vegetables in the Real World.

I think once they get back to the Real World, they're going to hate it for a while at least. They'll feel so weak again (almost like level 1 noobs at the start of SAO), and very very weak indeed imo.

(On a side note: I hope the "sex" command/action in this game isn't as bad as the one in Fable 3, where your screen goes black, it starts shaking a little bit, some "HO HOOOO Hoo HOoHoh ahahha AHHH" sounds and boom. Not to mention, my characters were both white, and we got a black NPC child? (glitches, lol).)
Old 2012-09-09, 08:42   Link #283
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If they beat the boss of floor 74, they would be on floor 75 now, so the arena being there isn't THAT strange.
Ithink there is arena in every floor.

Quote:
Just watch this pictures and analyzed. God, forgive me!!!

Spoiler for Episode 10:

If you'll say "she still has her "pantsu".. I can't argue with that since I wasn't there when she removed it...
Nothing special, they just lying naked together on bed, then go to sleep, and wakeup in the morning, really there is nothing going on. . Sorry because I don't any idea for other posibillity beside "that".

It's still bothering me why Asuna is second in command of KoB, I bet it's heatcliff tactic to attract more member to the guild, I can accept if she is a leader of platoon or something, but as vice commander I don't think she fit it, she broke her mental easly, well I don't know if it's has something to do with Kirito.

Come to think it again after 10 episode there is a lot adult people playing SOA.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 08:49   Link #284
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I bet it's heatcliff tactic to attract more member to the guild,
Bingo!!! That's the closest possible reason... besides Asuna;s real background... having a Bishoujo in a guild will attract a lot of perverts, I mean players to join the guild..!!!

Quote:
I don't think she fit it, she broke her mental easly, well I don't know if it's has something to do with Kirito.
That was after she met Kirito... blame it to Kirito the Womanizer....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 08:53   Link #285
Raviel

I think watching this episode just gave me diabetes.........THE KIRI-ASU GOODNESS IS JUST TOO PURE AND SWEET.

On another note, I really regret my habit of being fine with spoiling a show before I watch it. The surprise was just......gone, no matter how good the episode is the surprise is just gone.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 08:55   Link #286
Adigard

Quote:
It's still bothering me why Asuna is second in command of KoB, I bet it's heatcliff tactic to attract more member to the guild, I can accept if she is a leader of platoon or something, but as vice commander I don't think she fit it, she broke her mental easily, well I don't know if it's has something to do with Kirito.
Broken mental state easily? After nearly two years of being trapped as hostages in a death-game where even the other hostages murder people... I'm impressed more people aren't hiding in private rooms screaming their lungs out.

You could easily liken it to capturing a few thousand people off the street, giving them a pistol, and sending them into the front lines of a war without equipment or training and telling them not only can they not go home until their side won.. they can't even talk to people back home. I think broken mental states would be par for the course actually. The front line fighters could be the oddball ones, depending on how you look at the situation.

I'm overstating the case, but still, being slightly broken in that situation isn't too abnormal.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:17   Link #287
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Broken mental state easily? After nearly two years of being trapped as hostages in a death-game where even the other hostages murder people... I'm impressed more people aren't hiding in private rooms screaming their lungs out.

You could easily liken it to capturing a few thousand people off the street, giving them a pistol, and sending them into the front lines of a war without equipment or training and telling them not only can they not go home until their side won.. they can't even talk to people back home. I think broken mental states would be par for the course actually. The front line fighters could be the oddball ones, depending on how you look at the situation.

I'm overstating the case, but still, being slightly broken in that situation isn't too abnormal.
Yes I understand, but don't you think because it's already 2 years they should have been adapted their self to the situation. The time should have filtered that the fittest will survive. Then again I never see her mental broke without Kirito involved other than episode 1, maybe it's because of Kirito. And maybe we still don't see how she lead the army on boss battle.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:34   Link #288
Arya

I'm late here but wow, this episode was the best so far. Surely I had liked more if they had held up a bit more with the romance. I mean, they jumped from Kirito not even hugging Asuna to make love + proposal in ten minutes. It was beautiful but it's just sad they burned all these awesome moments in just one episode. I would have been satisfied just only with the kiss scene.
On the supposed sex scene, well, thanks to pointing this out because it didn't even crossed my mind. For me the scene ended in the moment Asuna-in-underwear baka'd him. The standard closure for this kind of misunderstandings. The chance of scene was a bit odd and sudden, but really nothing could have hinted me what really happened off screen

Speaking of the duel, why was Heathcliff so cold to him in the end? Didn't he expect to use his hidden skill? Was that his hidden skill? Because it looked more like a game cheat

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:41   Link #289
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Speaking of the duel, why was Heathcliff so cold to him in the end? Didn't he expect to use his hidden skill? Was that his hidden skill? Because it looked more like a game cheat
In my books, any person who uses time manipulation is a haxxor. Most broken and overpowered "superpower" (not just in SAO, but in general) known imo
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:52   Link #290
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Come to think it again after 10 episode there is a lot adult people playing SOA.
Not strange really. The show takes place in the 2020s. Enough for a generation to have become accustom to MMOs. Think of all the kids that play MMOs now, they would have become adults by that timeframe.

In addition adults are more likely to be the ones with income to buy a new game, especially one where you have to get both software and hardware and is limited edition to boot AND it is the world's first VR MMO.

Plus there are probably a bunch of parents that got trapped by accident as they are checking the game out to make sure it is safe for little timmy.

In fact I am more surprised at the number of cute young girls in the game...
Old 2012-09-09, 09:52   Link #291
Arya

Forgot to say that I really loved Asuna stating that she would have protected him !! And then she actually did!!

Quote:
Yes I understand, but don't you think because it's already 2 years they should have been adapted their self to the situation. The time should have filtered that the fittest will survive. Then again I never see her mental broke without Kirito involved other than episode 1, maybe it's because of Kirito. And maybe we still don't see how she lead the army on boss battle.
That's because Asuna has been always focused on clearing the game, so she never worried about anything else, like she hadn't nothing to lose. Now that she has something that she really cares, the person she loves, her defenses are breaking apart. In the previous episode Kirito's flashbacks showed her progression from being the cute and smiling girl in episode two (?) to the cold vice commander who didn't care for the NPCs and slowly coming back to her true self because of him. Now she is really afraid of losing him as him of losing her. It is all meant to show how deeply they love each other. And even quite plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
In my books, any person who uses time manipulation is a haxxor. Most broken and overpowered "superpower" (not just in SAO, but in general) known imo
I don't get if your are giving it a bad or a good meaning, I'm leaning toward the former anyways

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:59   Link #292
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I don't get if your are giving it a bad or a good meaning, I'm leaning toward the former anyways
Depends on the series!

In SAO's case I'm undecided. Regardless, people who use it are hax! Which is why Heathcleef is suspicious in my books.

On a somewhat related (but very minor note), I'm impressed at how Heathcleef actually uses his sword. Uses thrusting techniques (like a proper western should) instead of flinging it about like like those JRPGs and hack and slack games will tell you which are totally not have their used . Kirito falls under the latter branch too when he went beserk on Heathcleef's shield.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:04   Link #293
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He started out as 1-hand swordsman, was always grinding it till dual blades appeared, which he probably trained at nighttime. He's just never been shown to use bare hands and if a few months were enough to master a class, then everyone would be a master of everything already.
There are no classes in SAO, only skills -- one-handed sword, axe, rapier, cooking, tracking, etc. Given that we've seen several cases in which a character gets disarmed during a battle, why wouldn't everyone select hand-to-hand combat as a skill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Speaking of that, I find it interesting that everyone is like "Kirito you go dawg!" and no one is like "Nice going, Asuna!". Yet these same people have been tossing around the sexist ball for several threads.
I just said a couple pages back how great it is to see Asuna portrayed as a woman with a healthy libido without being a crazy, sex-crazed pervert.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:26   Link #294
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Indeed. I'll point out again that both characters won at something that evening, not just Kirito.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:39   Link #295
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Just watch this pictures and analyzed. God, forgive me!!!

Spoiler for Episode 10:

If you'll say "she still has her "pantsu".. I can't argue with that since I wasn't there when she removed it...
Some/Most girls don't sleep with their bras on.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:43   Link #296
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Speaking of which, I was also surprised big time that Kuradeel and especially Kirito had so few crystals: even if it is only the 55th floor, that's a little careless to have only 1 heal and teleport crystal.
I don't think it was ever explained how many crystals were handed over but my guess is that they can be charge-based crystals and have multiple charges stored.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:44   Link #297
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It probably has charges. Mostly because they always seem to have a teleport crystal ready at hand. It might be expensive, or it's just really cheap. So people just buy one before going into any dungeon. Or just have one in hand always.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:51   Link #298
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It probably has charges. Mostly because they always seem to have a teleport crystal ready at hand. It might be expensive, or it's just really cheap. So people just buy one before going into any dungeon. Or just have one in hand always.
Asuna's "Heal" crystal did disappear the instant she used hers on Kirito. Not sure if that means it's a 1-time thing, or a coincidence that that was the "last" supposed charge. Or if the "boom"/fragmented look happens all the time after you use it once, and it just repops into your inventory as an empty container until you "charge" it again.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:56   Link #299
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
kirito has acquired a new skill! :

[Name] : Summon Wife
[Duration] : Permanent
[Description] : Calls Asuna to his aside, asuna will fight alongside him, also increasing his morale, stamina and agility when she is nearby.
This made me laugh, because when I played Ragnarok Online way back in the day there was a skill that did exactly this. It literally force transported the summoned (husband/wife) to the user of the skill. Was a bit jarring on those not being told beforehand that they were being summoned. Great times.

On the episode itself, I came a bit late so there's not much to say that hasn't already been said. As a LN reader, I was pleasantly surprised by how they chose to animate so much content at once. Everything I was hoping to be in there was in there, and they'd covered much more than I'd initially anticipated.

Also, yes. This was indeed a moment that many a reader had been looking forward to, and one of many reasons why we like this pairing so much. Regardless on how you perceive the pacing, fewer shows are able to officially establish a couple and continue on with the story and develop the couple at the same time (whether it's for fear of ratings or otherwise). As it was when I'd first read it, this is a breath of fresh air.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the next (hopefully 1.5 to 2! But not likely...) episode(s) very much.

Lastly, I agree that it feels like the series got much stronger after we entered into the main arc. I was one of those nay-sayers constantly questioning the pacing and quality of the side arc, but their well-placed injections and referrals into the main arc feels both natural and in some ways necessary in the end. So I humbly eat my words from earlier threads.
Old 2012-09-09, 11:05   Link #300
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Some/Most girls don't sleep with their bras on.
That doesn't mean they sleep topless, though. Unless they just engaged in some activity that required removing all clothes and didn't feel like putting something on afterwards.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote