AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-26, 09:51   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So even the marines were fooled. That explains their presence here. Since both Law and Dolfa are still Shichibukai, they can't attack any of them. What do you think Fujitora is going to do? I somehow doubt he's just going to remain a spectator after coming all this way.
Old 2013-06-26, 10:11   Link #22
ronin myael
lost ronin

this was a damn good chapter! oda sure knows how to come back with a bang!

it's funny that after the theory about doffy being a tenryuubito started floating around, fans immediately jumped into the assumption that he may be sabo.
Old 2013-06-26, 10:47   Link #23
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Ok...

Violet for next Nakama! *runs away*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
*shouting and running away with Randrak*

well, Doflamingo is nasty as usual... but with Tenryuubi's connection... I think a rage arc will come soon
*Joins the escape*

So much awesome in one chapter once again. Oh One Piece, never end (okay, well. You'll end one day, but we all know it'll be the greatest ending ever conceived).
Old 2013-06-26, 10:50   Link #24
james0246

Well, that happened.

I dislike pointless flashbacks at the beginning of chapters. It interrupts the flow of events unnecessarily.

That being said, Violet certainly has interesting abilities. Too bad her character design seems too similar to a clutch of other female characters. Still, her backstory could potentially more than make up for her lack of 'charm'. (What's with Doflamingo having lots of female characters out for his blood? On second thought, maybe I don't want to know...)

I liked the general tomfoolery of Doflamingo in this chapter. He's quite a character, and as his mystery expands so too does my desire to see him fall .
Old 2013-06-26, 11:34   Link #25
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, Violet certainly has interesting abilities. Too bad her character design seems too similar to a clutch of other female characters. Still, her backstory could potentially more than make up for her lack of 'charm'. (What's with Doflamingo having lots of female characters out for his blood? On second thought, maybe I don't want to know...).
I don't get how her whale attack turn outs. Its simples why soo many girls want kill it. They clearly confussed their love for him and he rejected them.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:27   Link #26
ellifeedn
Thinker

Can anyone do that pose Violet does with her hands when she tried to read Sanji's mind?
Old 2013-06-26, 12:51   Link #27
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Can anyone do that pose Violet does with her hands when she tried to read Sanji's mind?
Heh, I'm curious myself my arms aren't that bendy.
Quote:
That being said, Violet certainly has interesting abilities. Too bad her character design seems too similar to a clutch of other female characters.
Agreed, if it weren't for the clothes I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference between Robin and Violet.

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-06-26 at 15:07.
Old 2013-06-26, 14:15   Link #28
marvelB

Heh, and to think there was a brief period when even I had a modicum of doubt about Dofla having yonkou-level influence. Thanks for washing that doubt away for good, Oda.

Anyway, Violet's power most certainly is interesting. Also, that weird attack she did with her tears actually kinda reminded me of Lucy Steel's "tear cutters" from Steel Ball Run. It also looks like Violet can use CoA haki, if that was indeed how she made her tears as strong as iron (lol, so CoA can be used for alchemy now or something? ). And so, that being said:

Quote:
I dislike pointless flashbacks at the beginning of chapters. It interrupts the flow of events unnecessarily.

Not sure how you can consider the flashback "pointless" when it had a pretty clear purpose of explaining how Dofla pulled a global-scale act of trolling. That, and we learn more about Violet and her powers, so that's a double-whammy right there!

Now, going back to CP0:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
- CP0 work for World Nobles directly.

Yes, I found this particular nugget of info most interesting, indeed. You know, all this time I had figured that Spandam or his dad might be the CP0 chief, but what if it turns out to be one of the nobles (particularly one who's actually competent)? I think that would actually be kinda cool.....

Oh, and no talk about the ministory? Man, Caribou really is a grade-A asshat to go ahead and ditch an old, decrepit lady who's fighting a big, scary cyborg for HIS sake (and before anyone else brings it up, whether she's strong or not isn't the issue here).
Old 2013-06-26, 14:31   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and no talk about the ministory? Man, Caribou really is a grade-A asshat to go ahead and ditch an old, decrepit lady who's fighting a big, scary cyborg for HIS sake (and before anyone else brings it up, whether she's strong or not isn't the issue here).
I actually have a feeling that he'll be coming back to save her next chapter or so xD
Old 2013-06-26, 14:31   Link #30
james0246

Quote:
Not sure how you can consider the flashback "pointless" when it had a pretty clear purpose of explaining how Dofla pulled a global-scale act of trolling. That, and we learn more about Violet and her powers, so that's a double-whammy right there!
I was commenting more on the flashbacks placement within the story rather than the specific content of the flashback (Oda has, in my opinion, a bad habit of needlessly adding flashbacks to events when he could simply show the events in sequence with the rest of the story - for example, Zoro running around after he encountered the dwarves, only to flashback to mere minutes earlier when he first meets the dwarves). Flashbacks are interruptions in a story used to provide clarification (amongst other narrative reasons), but if you are going to simply flashback to an event that occurred mere seconds previous, then why not simply show the event rather than using a flashback?

The information was relevant, but the placement was off, which threw off the pacing and flow (for me).
Old 2013-06-26, 14:44   Link #31
Casshern

I wish that Oda would finally give Sanji a girlfriend ffs.
Old 2013-06-26, 15:16   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
I was commenting more on the flashbacks placement within the story rather than the specific content of the flashback (Oda has, in my opinion, a bad habit of needlessly adding flashbacks to events when he could simply show the events in sequence with the rest of the story - for example, Zoro running around after he encountered the dwarves, only to flashback to mere minutes earlier when he first meets the dwarves). Flashbacks are interruptions in a story used to provide clarification (amongst other narrative reasons), but if you are going to simply flashback to an event that occurred mere seconds previous, then why not simply show the event rather than using a flashback?

The information was relevant, but the placement was off, which threw off the pacing and flow (for me).

Okay, I gotcha now. Though really, I don't have any issues with the placement of these last few flashbacks since none of them were particularly long, anyway. And again, they serve their purpose of providing info, so I still find it rather pointless to consider them..... well, pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I actually have a feeling that he'll be coming back to save her next chapter or so xD

Yeah, I guess I can see him returning to her home..... just so he can loot her of her remaining money and meat pies.
Old 2013-06-26, 15:20   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Yeah, I guess I can see him returning to her home..... just so he can loot her of her remaining money and meat pies.
Have some faith! He seemed a bit touched by the Granny at one point.
I have a feeling this ministory is his redemption story.
Old 2013-06-26, 15:28   Link #34
marvelB

^Call me a pessimist if you must, but I sort of have a rough time believing that a vicious dude who was all too willing to sell helpless mermaids into slavery would give much of a rat's fart about an old granny who he already took advantage of earlier in the story. But that's just me.....
Old 2013-06-26, 15:52   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hey it's not that I like it, just have a feeling that it'll go that way xD
Old 2013-06-26, 16:17   Link #36
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I wish that Oda would finally give Sanji a girlfriend ffs.
There's no way Sanji will end up with Violet. I see this playing out as Violet is working under Doflo because he has her husband/boyfriend/family hostage or is threatening their safety if she doesn't help him.
Old 2013-06-26, 19:29   Link #37
adriankhoo153

Have anyone notice even after the mind reading cum x-ray vision to Sanji skeleton still shows there is his eye brow? Hmmm, does that means the curly eye brow in deep rooted even into his bones?
Old 2013-06-26, 20:41   Link #38
marvelB

^Yeah, I noticed that, too. Guess Sanji is kinda similar to Brooke in that regard, then (a quirk with deeply rooted hair, albeit on different areas of their head).

And speaking of the Sanji scene, I like how one of Violet's thugs is a toy-man (with a head like a dollhouse, to boot!). That also reminded me that I still want to see one of those toy people as one of the arc's bosses.....
Old 2013-06-27, 01:51   Link #39
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

A human sized Cho-goukin Robot toy boss.

DO IT ODA DO IT

I mean, Oda did like recently oversee production of the amazing Cho-goukin Franky toy after all.
Old 2013-06-27, 03:35   Link #40
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Just wanted to log in to say I can totally do that pose that Violet did. Her arms aren't forward, they're sideways really.

Also go Sanji, I hope he does something good with this information, he's the only part of the monster trio that still has a brain.
Closed Thread