Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 08:30   Link #3261
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Well, a lot of people, me included, have given up on Hidan no Aria's worldbuilding and metaphysics aspects. I personally expect something at the level of Academy City, and ended up with a powerlevel system that is reminiscent of Towers of Hanoi more than anything.

And what was left of the fanbase was severely turned off by how the romance aspect was handled. Not only did the author make a character that has personality problems that her partner ended up ditching her, but she was replaced by new characters.
And who are the new characters since I already left here for a year?

Speaking of romance, I couldn't tell if it would be another School Days.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 08:39   Link #3262
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

After reading this
Quote:
Before the Butei system in Japan was implemented, the person who worked directly under the Ministry of Justice and was an armed prosecutor and died… my father, Tohyama Golden Cross…!
Kinji father is in fact dead.

It seem like G4 and G3 is extremely strong, but for G4 to fight against the 4 girls and owned without receiving any damage at all is bullshit.
Through out the story the 4 girls have been portray to have awesome skills by to be wiped out on the floor agianst a single enemy make me wonder how did they manage to beat and capture so many IU personal.
And since I only started to read vol 10, I hope they only lost this bad is because of food posioning from the hot pot they had on vol 9. If there isn't any excuse why they lost and later the girls when and battle against G4 again and won, I be pretty piss.

I can see now, why there so much people dislike how the LN is progressing.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2013-07-22 at 08:56.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 09:00   Link #3263
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wait, so has Kinji really dumped Aria and she's really been replaced as the female lead, or is this just a "they had problems and broke up but will overcome them and get back together at some point" drama thing?
Judging from Vol. 14's illustrations, they got back together.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 10:07   Link #3264
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I highly doubt Kinji would leave Aria, they probably temporary spilt up due to some misunderstanding (like alway) in this case the spilt lasted for 2 whole volumes rather then the usually 1 volume.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-07-22, 20:03   Link #3265
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Kindly elaborate how this series 'fallen'? I don't get it.
At the start it's just another harem comedy, but this has to the first LN I've seen that relies heavily on the MC's fetish in order to keep the main girl as the love interest, rather than the emotional side of things. IMO that's bad writing.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 20:19   Link #3266
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
After reading this

Kinji father is in fact dead.

It seem like G4 and G3 is extremely strong, but for G4 to fight against the 4 girls and owned without receiving any damage at all is bullshit.
Through out the story the 4 girls have been portray to have awesome skills by to be wiped out on the floor agianst a single enemy make me wonder how did they manage to beat and capture so many IU personal.
And since I only started to read vol 10, I hope they only lost this bad is because of food posioning from the hot pot they had on vol 9. If there isn't any excuse why they lost and later the girls when and battle against G4 again and won, I be pretty piss.

I can see now, why there so much people dislike how the LN is progressing.
May it is, but what you may not be aware that GIII and GIV were train and raised as human weapons and received a large amount of combat training pretty much since they were born. There is also the possibility that GIV may have study the girls fighting style develop countermeasures to defeat each girl.
Old 2013-07-22, 21:33   Link #3267
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The problem with the Gx characters is that they seem to cheapen the characters from IU.
This is why I hated the powerlevels in this series. It got out of control as early as the arc right after IU arc. And what's even more bad about this is how Aria's mother's "crimes" were not cleared after the accused were called out for their false accusations... unless Aria's mother actually did the crimes herself.

And where are the Armed Persecutors, by the way?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 22:41   Link #3268
Vezon

Sherlock Holmes really should of been the final boss imo.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 22:44   Link #3269
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Amen, brother.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2013-07-23, 05:51   Link #3270
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

^ Well the author didn't stated he is dead, he just disappear and dying.

*edit*
Finally I have finish really reading all 10 vols and it took me only 7 days.
I have become like many of the guys here, finding fault in the novel yet would continually reading it.
Anyway after reading vol 10, a question came to mind, if GIII is one of the 7 R-ranking Butei in the world and got beaten by Kinji. Then just how powerful have Kinji become by vol 12?

Last edited by mike211; 2013-07-23 at 09:32.
Old 2013-07-23, 18:52   Link #3271
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
^ Well the author didn't stated he is dead, he just disappear and dying.

*edit*
Finally I have finish really reading all 10 vols and it took me only 7 days.
I have become like many of the guys here, finding fault in the novel yet would continually reading it.
Anyway after reading vol 10, a question came to mind, if GIII is one of the 7 R-ranking Butei in the world and got beaten by Kinji. Then just how powerful have Kinji become by vol 12?
Just so you know, there are summaries for volume 11 and 12 on this thread. Well IIRC, Kinji has become so strong and powerful that he has exceeded the limits of a human being and may no longer be considered a human.
Old 2013-07-24, 05:29   Link #3272
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Just so you know, there are summaries for volume 11 and 12 on this thread. Well IIRC, Kinji has become so strong and powerful that he has exceeded the limits of a human being and may no longer be considered a human.
So when he is in HSS mode, he is strong enough to no consider human huh, but that mean he still not any good while in normal mode and I doubt he have found a way to goes HSS anytime he want, right.

I might be temped to read the summaries. Be back in 2 sec.

*edit*
After reading the summaries I found here, I am looking forward to reading the next 2 vols especially vol 12 for the intro of Tohyama family.

Last edited by mike211; 2013-07-24 at 08:14.
Old 2013-07-28, 00:07   Link #3273
waffler

havnt been in touch with the novel for a while, howstrong is kinji compared to other chars now?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 00:15   Link #3274
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

if only we had KanameXKinji end, there wincest end. Everybody happy. Novel should end there.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 00:45   Link #3275
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
havnt been in touch with the novel for a while, howstrong is kinji compared to other chars now?
He's not quite the strongest...yet.

But he's up there.
Old 2013-07-28, 17:11   Link #3276
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
He's up there in maybe the top 10% of fighters, going by strictly human standards. Then again, this series has more than humans, with magicians, youkai and demons running around in the background ^^; (Wow, reading this sentence made me realize just how far this series has diverged from its roots of being detectives, and is now just another of those romance comedy settings + action >.>)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 20:33   Link #3277
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ 'Tis a disappointment, really.

Old 2013-07-30, 20:21   Link #3278
Saito123

Everyone, I'm happy to announce that we have a new translator.
His/Her name is JACK ShadowHunter.
We now have a total of 4 translators:
• NiMx1233
• Hiyono
• KanzakiAria
• JACK ShadowHunter

JACK ShadowHunter has registered him-/herself for Volume 12 Chapter 1 and NiMx1233 will be back soonest October.

Hidan no Aria seems to be getting more and more translators lately. 2 translators in 2 months. I remember, were nobody was working on it and we prayed for people to pick the series up. Our prayers have been heard

I'll keep you guys updated, when a new chapter/volume has been translated and, when there's a new translators.

A big thanks to JACK ShadowHunter for picking this series up.
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 02:06   Link #3279
Yami no Ou
まおう

oh thats a good news,thanks to the new translator and good luck
Old 2013-07-31, 05:37   Link #3280
sky black swordman

That's great news to hear, my thanks to the new translator.

And a thanks to Saito123, for keeping us updated.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen