AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-08-21, 06:34   Link #1
LocrEpinS

Animes that never die/ones u love but hate...

Ok, i'm seriously bored here so bear with me..

Well... this is some (useless) thread i thought i'd create since all the active animes atm (that i'm watching) are really slow to sub.

So, this thread is just about animes that u happen to have in ur "rankings" that just don't seem to be going anywhere soon. Or animes which u just can't forget (something in that sense anyway).

I'm first ^^. Da Capo happens to be an anime i watched quite a while ago that isn't budging from 1st place in my rankings. Heck, i've even started rewatching it for no particular reason. It also happens to be one of those anime u love but hate.
LocrEpinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 18:42   Link #2
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Anime that I can't forget or that just doesn't get out of my mind?... hmm...

~Dragon Ball Z: You know for some reason, most of the times I watch Action/Battles in every anime... It reminds me of "Dragon Ball /Z/GT" Out of no where, I really don't know why I keep remembering Dragon ball Z/GT every time i see Punch/Kick Action on every anime. Also, the "Spiky" Hair reminds me of Super Saiyan... I can't get it out of my head D=!!! And i personally Just... dislike DBZ and try to forget but I just can't xD!

Thats just one that I can remember now. lol!
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 21:15   Link #3
kron

saikano. love it but hate it simply because how emotional it is.
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 00:35   Link #4
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakugan no Shana
Anime that I can't forget or that just doesn't get out of my mind?... hmm...

~Dragon Ball Z: You know for some reason, most of the times I watch Action/Battles in every anime... It reminds me of "Dragon Ball /Z/GT" Out of no where, I really don't know why I keep remembering Dragon ball Z/GT every time i see Punch/Kick Action on every anime. Also, the "Spiky" Hair reminds me of Super Saiyan... I can't get it out of my head D=!!! And i personally Just... dislike DBZ and try to forget but I just can't xD!

Thats just one that I can remember now. lol!
Lol, i remember watching it everyday when i was kid, used to love it(i'm into other types of anime now).
And yeah, hmmm fighting scenes do kinda have that feel, and when there're parodies in other animes, u always get reminded of DBz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
Yeah, i'm sure u've seen Da Capo b4 right? i reckon that anime pretty much has the same feel - I love it because it has such a deep and complex story(which i still don't understand fully...) and It's quite sad that u just can't forget it. But, the ending kinda annoyed me so i guess that's a bit of the reason why i "love, but hate it".

If u haven't seen it i'd highly recommend it.
Old 2006-08-22, 01:02   Link #5
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I can't forget Ichigo Mashimaro. I suppose I should see a psychiatrist about that. And yeah I love hating it.

More seriously, just like SnS, I can't forget Dragonball either.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 01:09   Link #6
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
I can't forget Ichigo Mashimaro. I suppose I should see a psychiatrist about that. And yeah I love hating it.

More seriously, just like SnS, I can't forget Dragonball either.
Ha ha, just had a look at it on animenewsnetwork.

'That aside, anyone here know of any other "emotionally scaring" animes? LOL.

...I still get mad(about the ending) and depressed about D.C., why am i rewatching it u ask?... I don't know(maybe boredom)...

And yeah, maybe i should too...
Old 2006-08-22, 11:15   Link #7
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Lol! I think most people will never forget Dragon Ball /Z/GT ... Well, some might "Try" to forget, like me! xD I still don't know why every other fighting anime scene reminds me of DBZ... And I dislike it gosh! *Rubs Brain*
Old 2006-08-22, 12:16   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
sailor moon count?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 12:38   Link #9
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
sailor moon count?
Hmm.... Since you actually mentioned Sailor Moon... It kinda does count to me, you know when they "Transform/Change" to their Sailor OutFit.... Aren't there other Anime/Shows copying that? lol... Well, thats something that actually reminds me of Sailor Moon.
Old 2006-08-22, 12:52   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um... the "transformation sequence" is endemic to magical girl shows, ranger shows, transformer shows ---- it is superficially fanservice but in actual story purpose it is pure filler after the first couple of times. I'm unaware that Sailor Moon had any kind of original patent on the idea since the concept is decades old.

Most of the shows I "love but hate" are the ones with great premises that the writers managed to wreck in their incompetence or in their fear not to really change anything ("series ending resets"). I really enjoyed Shuffle! as light adventure romance entertainment for about 3/4 of the series until conflicting story ideas and some lame motivation shredded it. I love Negima but the original anime producer Xebec should probably never be allowed near an animation studio again. They needlessly shredded a well-written manga climax in favor of some mangled tragic mess of an ending --- and their animation was so bad that the fans and manga-ka pitched a fit that ended up with the studio replacing the animation team after episode 10. Better hopes for the remake of Negima by SHAFT.
Love Hina: a big rambling mess of an anime with spotty animation, Motoko's thread and Shinobue's thread are the saving graces.
Ai Yori Aoshi: fascinating start derailed by a failure to follow the story to conclusion --- and my first exposure to the lamest not-a-gag in anime: the "boob check" ... sorry its just stupid.
Old 2006-08-22, 13:00   Link #11
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I loved and hated the dubbed version of Escaflowne that aired here a few years ago. I fell in love with the music though. CCS is also the same for me.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 11:10   Link #12
Theowne
耳をすませば

I'd have to say Naruto is an anime I love but hate at the same time. I love the first bunch of episodes, the characters, the early stories, character backstories, fight sequences, etc. But I hate the fact that it's going on so long that it started to get repetitive and just wasn't as nice as back then.

Same with Love Hina. I have a sentimental adoration for it and it's characters but the shoddy qualities of it are known more by me then anyone.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 09:36   Link #13
Shounen
Away for good

Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball/Z/GT... why do most producers/artists/animes grab stuff from there? ;D
Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 19:03   Link #14
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
Damn you beat me to i love it but hate it for the same reason it was one of the most depressing things i have ever watched i mean EVER followed by that is Dragon Ball
Naruto
Tenjho Tenge
Old 2006-08-27, 23:49   Link #15
SWPIGWANG

Evangelion

It messed my life us seriously (okay, it was messed up to begin with)
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 21:44   Link #16
bara_ouji
Gao...

Sailor moon........S
I loved it, I loved Haruka and Michiru...I just hated what they did to them in the dub..

also, .Hack//Sign
I loved it, but at some points it would just get REALLY boring for me.
bara_ouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 22:05   Link #17
arias

The more interesting question here is..

Does anime have a plural term? Animes?

Sheep? Sheeps?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 22:23   Link #18
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
Gundam... Everytime one ends a new one appears... Its not like u dun love the MSes but the storys are basically the same about war and stuff =X
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 22:40   Link #19
bara_ouji
Gao...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
The more interesting question here is..

Does anime have a plural term? Animes?

Sheep? Sheeps?
Hai...maybe Animais? Anime...........es?
bara_ouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 23:25   Link #20
Lost

Anime I love and hate is Now and Then, Here and There. I hate it for how it could reach so deep into me and twist painfully, but I love it for the fact that it could reach so deep into me and twist painfully, .
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote