AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-09, 16:12   Link #35381
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So in France, with those scumbags...on the day of the shooting, I heard there were three scumbags involved...today, they...killed two at one location, killed one at the supermarket, and arrested one at the supermarket, making it four scumbags altogether? Also, I heard one of them was an 18 year old. Are they one of the ones that got killed or the one that was arrested, or are they unaccounted for? What was their role on the day of the shooting; being the driver of the car for the gunmen?
Old 2015-01-09, 16:25   Link #35382
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So in France, with those scumbags...on the day of the shooting, I heard there were three scumbags involved...today, they...killed two at one location, killed one at the supermarket, and arrested one at the supermarket, making it four scumbags altogether? Also, I heard one of them was an 18 year old. Are they one of the ones that got killed or the one that was arrested, or are they unaccounted for? What was their role on the day of the shooting; being the driver of the car for the gunmen?
the 18 surrender yesterday to the policy. The 2 bothers and the other guy was kill in separate locations. There is also a girlfriend of the 1 of the 3 who is at large.

3 dead
1 custody
1 on the run
Old 2015-01-09, 20:49   Link #35383
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Charlie Hebdo attack: Suspects' profiles
Old 2015-01-09, 22:43   Link #35384
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The 18 year old you guys keep mentioning is most likely innocent. He was in school when the attacks happened with his classmates vouching for him. When he saw that he was a suspect he readily turned himself in. His only misfortune is being a brother in law of one of the attackers.
Old 2015-01-09, 22:54   Link #35385
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Well, if that 18 year old is indeed innocent and he was in school during the attacks...I sure hope everything will work out for him. I wonder how reporters and officials somehow got confused and thought he was a suspect, though. One heck of a mistake.

So, the one on the run still...is a woman who was a girlfriend of one of the extremists?
Old 2015-01-09, 22:57   Link #35386
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
A Top Japanese General on ISIS: ‘Terrorism Is Never Tolerated’

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-01-10, 00:02   Link #35387
AnimeFan188

What I Learned After ‘Charlie Hebdo’
Terror works, the media fosters it and Islamists work against themselves:

"The brothers attacked Charlie Hebdo because the magazine often poked fun at the
Prophet Mohammed. The brothers proved terrorism works, to a point.

Numerous media outlets refused to show the offending images.

But the event also proved the Islamists’ poor grasp of the modern world’s
information flow.

The images spread widely—far beyond the weekly circulation of Charlie Hebdo. By
attempting to stop people from producing images of the Prophet, Islamists achieved
the opposite."

See:

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/wha...o-f11d1a27e469
Old 2015-01-10, 10:30   Link #35388
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

North Korea offers to suspend nuclear tests in return for end to U.S. drills
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0KJ09F20150110

Russia says Ukraine has violated loan terms: agencies
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0KJ06M20150110

London cleric Abu Hamza sentenced to life in U.S. prison
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0KI0DA20150110
Old 2015-01-10, 16:54   Link #35389
Tiberium Wolf

Fourth graders in upstate New York planned to kill teacher with hand sanitizer because they thought she was ‘mean’

Bleh. Lock them up for good.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:35   Link #35390
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I don't say "lock 'em up". They should know much better, but at age 10 or so, they still are very young and lack so much wisdom and don't realize just how bad that plan was and how seriously bad it would have been if they did poison her and cause her to die.

I just mean...when I was in fourth grade, I was very young, had very little wisdom, had plenty of foolishness and had not gained much wisdom and insight by that point in my life. Heck, when I was a young teen and not even an upperclassman in high school yet, I made some big mistakes...even though I knew better, even then, I made some big mistakes in middle school and beginning of high school because when you are young and very much a kid, you have a lot to learn, a lot of learning and development and growth to have, and you will definitely do stupid things you wouldn't do when age 20, or 30, and so forth.
Old 2015-01-11, 14:27   Link #35391
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Merkel, Netanyahu Join Thousands Marching in Paris to Mark Terror Attacks

Quote:
More than 1 million people marched in Paris today, led by world leaders including Benjamin Netanyahu and Mahmoud Abbas, to mark France’s worst terror attack in more than half a century.
I love how the faces of politics change. One moment they are screwing over each other in the ICJ bid for "war crimes", next moment they are side by side against radical Islam.

And whenever Abraham rolls over in his grave, one of his descendants will claim he is facing the wrong side in death. 38 millions years of humanity and we are still that fucking tribal.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-01-11, 14:53   Link #35392
itisjustme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Well, if that 18 year old is indeed innocent and he was in school during the attacks...I sure hope everything will work out for him. I wonder how reporters and officials somehow got confused and thought he was a suspect, though. One heck of a mistake.

So, the one on the run still...is a woman who was a girlfriend of one of the extremists?
She was religiously married to one of the brothers. They were in constant communication apparently (phone log shows more than 400 call last year between them). News now is she's been identified flying off to Turkey a few days before the terror attempt and Turkish services say she crossed the border into Syria after that.
Old 2015-01-11, 16:35   Link #35393
AnimeFangirl

Wait, if she left the country before the attacks then she didn't actually take part like some of the papers were reporting. Was there a second woman?
Old 2015-01-11, 16:39   Link #35394
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They're not sure she didn't come back.
Old 2015-01-13, 21:46   Link #35395
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Saw a meme that made me laugh.

Note that Mahmoud Abbas is in the crowd too. Corruption leading the march and the dumb fanatics bought it hook-line-sinker.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-01-14, 02:10   Link #35396
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

ISIS and Anonymous? Reminds me of the Yellow Scarves and Dollars. Now, if only a Saika faction exists in the real world...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2015-01-14, 10:08   Link #35397
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Al Qaeda claims French attack, derides Paris rally
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0KN0VO20150114

Charlie Hebdo fallout: Specter of fascist past haunts European nationalism
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...w-nationalism/

Russia's financial crisis may bury Putin's Eurasian dream
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0KN16720150114

Edit: France Follows Freedom of Speech Rally With Crackdown On Free Speech
http://jonathanturley.org/2015/01/14...n-free-speech/

Last edited by ganbaru; 2015-01-14 at 11:07.
Old 2015-01-14, 14:00   Link #35398
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Japan approves record 4.98 trillion yen defence budget
Old 2015-01-14, 16:48   Link #35399
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Charlie Hebdo fallout: Specter of fascist past haunts European nationalism
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...w-nationalism/
It would help the public debate a lot if immigration issues could be rationally discussed without bringing up fascism all the time. These days in European politics 'Muslim' is a PC codeword for immigrants from north Africa and the Middle East to prevent being accused of racism.
Old 2015-01-14, 17:10   Link #35400
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Speaking about Muslims isn't very PC either, so we've got a codeword for that, too... (We say we're debating "laicité".)
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international