AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-04-11, 12:01   Link #81
Seiryuu

Mimikko banzai! I love the expressiveness that can be added with simply the ears.
From what I've heard, this is another harem trying to be an adventure story? Hope they can pull it off. That said, all it took was Eruruu's expression when Hakuoro touched her tail to win me over.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 12:35   Link #82
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Whoops.. another one.. that makes 3 series for me >.< Lots of waiting to do each week >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 04:19   Link #83
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Seen ep1.

The tail grab is still the highlight of the episode Seriously, there is always a strong desire to see if the line attached to someone's rear actually does something.

ANyway, I do it to my cats and they don't like it much either

Will keep at this show as well. Cute girl, cuter reaction and strong 12 Kingdoms epic battle vibe from the OP. Will see if it delivers.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:21   Link #84
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Seen ep1.

The tail grab is still the highlight of the episode Seriously, there is always a strong desire to see if the line attached to someone's rear actually does something.

ANyway, I do it to my cats and they don't like it much either

Will keep at this show as well. Cute girl, cuter reaction and strong 12 Kingdoms epic battle vibe from the OP. Will see if it delivers.
I definetly had to watch the tail thing two or three times.

One of my cats absolutely loves having her tail pulled, so who knows, not all cats deal with it the same way?
Old 2006-04-12, 11:37   Link #85
amonrei

Heheh ... Eruruu is just too cute. >_< Overall it's quite nicely put and done. I really like the setting. It's good for a change.
amonrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 19:28   Link #86
lockedowne

Anyone know if theres a possibility of a North American release of the game down the line?

The first episode was cool, can't wait for more. Eruruu's tail thing was way cute, lol.
lockedowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 19:48   Link #87
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedowne
Anyone know if theres a possibility of a North American release of the game down the line?

The first episode was cool, can't wait for more. Eruruu's tail thing was way cute, lol.
Keep praying to your Leaf gods... (or at least help out the industry by buying localized games.) Hirameki, when asked about the possibility of licensing AIR, responded that the game license is simply just too much money at this point. I would wager that Utawarerumono has a similarly high (but maybe not as high) licensing cost. There is a PS2 version slated for June, so maybe that might change things, but currently, there just isn't enough market incentive to license such a game. If people can demonstrate that they are actually willing to buy these games (and I don't mean just some random smidgeon of people from various forums, I mean a good chunk of people, like at least a few thousand or so), then perhaps these companies will think differently.

Currently, it seems that most of the people interested in these games are online, and there is a LOT of people who simply just download the games without paying for them. The classic example is planetarian, localized by insani. insani put up well written instructions on how to purchase the original version (for roughly 10 USD) upon which you can apply their translation patch. Of course, a few hours after their release, planetarian made its way onto torrent sites and accrued a large number of downloads. I seriously doubt most of the people who downloaded it off a torrent site actually bothered to purchase the actual game. _This_ is what commercial localization teams are worried about, and why you see things like Virtual Mate, etc. popping up. Sure, the clamour for English versions of these games are really high, or at least very vocal, but there simply isn't enough people right now IMO who are actually willing to pay for a professional, high quality translation.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 19:55   Link #88
lockedowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Keep praying to your Leaf gods... (or at least help out the industry by buying localized games.)
Hahah, I have been. I bought most of the Atlus translated games, Growlanser, and a few others. Ah well, only time will tell I suppose. In the meantime, I will definately be following this anime.
lockedowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 23:45   Link #89
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

btw, when do the episodes usually released? Sighted Ep 2 raw at the usual place >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-13, 00:46   Link #90
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
btw, when do the episodes usually released? Sighted Ep 2 raw at the usual place >.>
The show airs Tuesdays @ 2:40 AM (Japan). You can use this site -- time and date.com -- to figure out what time that is for you (based on time zones) and then kind of extrapolate from there. The fan-subs, of course, are done when they're done. And usually no sooner than that.

Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:50   Link #91
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Ah soo .. that would be an hour later compared to my time .. o_o; Early morning show o_o

Thanks CG
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-13, 02:01   Link #92
Lost

I just watched the first episode, and loved it. I think both the OP and ED songs are great, but I especially liked the OP song, its my favouritest now! I too had to watch the tail-reaction scene a few times, couldnt get enough, especially the part where she sighed.. I'm still laughing now. Cute girl with fox ears, who can resist? But yeah, someone said the ears added expressionism.. I agree, I hope we'll see some ear wilts! I love ear wilts.. used to drive me crazy when my JRT's ears wilted back, and still does today.

I liked the countryside, peaceful setting, and somehow... somehow the anime reminds me of Scrapped Princess. Anyone willing to bet Utawarerumono's setting is post-apocalyptic, post-futuristic too? Also I notice, alot of background music here, for the most part of the episode, there was a piece playing in the background.

Anyway, this is an Anime to definitely follow. Hope it doesnt disappoint.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 04:47   Link #93
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for Ep.1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
I definetly had to watch the tail thing two or three times.
I lost count till the point where I expected him to grab the tail of that blond. To, you know, see if it is real. And of course to see how much better the main healed his wounds, as the guy with the axe chases him down the road.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 05:08   Link #94
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Spoiler for Ep.1:
Heh... whats that straw tail for anyway? Btw, I love the high collar on Eruruu's outfit. Again reminds me of SP. Or maybe a dog collar..
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 05:24   Link #95
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Heh... whats that straw tail for anyway? Btw, I love the high collar on Eruruu's outfit. Again reminds me of SP. Or maybe a dog collar..
I believe they are modeled after traditional Ainu garb:
http://www.sanynet.ne.jp/~shiraoi/ph...iles/sr027.jpg
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 09:08   Link #96
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

What initially drew me to the show? How they started the OP with one of the classic romantic images- the girl astride a giant white tiger. Think, what does a young woman have to do to sit on top of the equivalent of a medium battle tank in the animal kingdom ?

Anyway, full points to the VA's of the leads. We get a suprisingly thoughtful but clueless man [read: tail grab . Great save though], and the best "kyaa!" on the planet

Anyway, here's the rest of Ryoka Yuzuki's [Eruruu] voice roles.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=545

Also includes Nanoha A's Shamal and Mai-Otome/Hime's Haruka >_<
Old 2006-04-13, 09:37   Link #97
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

o.o Eruru and Haruka is voiced by the same seiryuu ... o.o
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-14, 03:48   Link #98
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

^^ She has range no? Far cry from the battle tank smacking amazon in Hime Here, she is so cute she burns.

Anyway, Ep 2 has appeared from the same people. Come forth, shameless leachers. Get your weekly allowance of cute.
Old 2006-04-14, 06:54   Link #99
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Episode 2.

This is quite cliched. Fortunately it avoids a lot of the cliches that bog anime, but it rather unashamedly uses many from just general literature... the big one of course being the amnesia thing. But the way they trapped Mutikapa and the resolution for Aruruu's tiger cub were also pretty cliched as well. I think what saves the premise from being totally disinteresting (to me) is that there's a million and one directions this could go in down the road. But at the moment there's a lot of hackney in the plot progression.

The directing is a tad uninspired, which hinders the atmosphere a bit... but I still found the action sequences rather tense. Which is good. The music is used quite well, and the OP and ED theme are starting to win me over.

Early days yet, so it's far too soon to say if this is a winner or not. But so far, I'd say there's a lot of potential for this to turn into a flop if it's not careful.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 08:52   Link #100
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNa
o.o Eruru and Haruka is voiced by the same seiryuu ... o.o
She has indeed got some incredible talent. And that squeak when someone touches her tail or she's surprised is adorable, a very close second place to Mikuru in Haruhi Suzumiya

As for the series itself, it does seem a little cliche from the first ep I've seen, but the general setting is nice, Eruruu has Nekomimi which is a Win in any situation, and there's some not too angsty tension building. Generally speaking it's good so far and I'm looking forward to watching more.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, kemonomimi, leaf, olm, rpg