AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-27, 08:24   Link #23941
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
Kha has a self-deluded habit of kneeling in front of a little corner in the Lourve...

The idea of such an intergalactic journey is win. We need more Khophia fluff!

Depending on what the secret is, we may then have to ask ourselves this question...

Turns suddenly to Saber and sneers in her face.

...who exactly are you, Sankt Kaiser.
Hmm. I misread that as hugging his knees in a corner of the Lourve.

And Anita's a villian now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
~How deep can you dig?~
~How much effort can you give?~
~How much passion can you show?~
~For the one and only OC Thread?~

About 80 pages...

BACKLOG... BREAKER.
Hail the mightiest backlog breaker in Cadia history!

Quote:
Cause and effect, crack can also give rise to more genius that may give rise to more crack.

Quote:
Writing here makes one feel more alive indeed. Such is the charm of OC.
Concurred.

Quote:
If it's with regards to OC, yes. I am VERY passionate.
Certainly proven by this Giga Backlog Breaker.

Quote:
Hayate's... honest... reaction...? O.O

Uhm...

How should I say this...

I'm n-not sure...

>.>

<.<

>_<

*RUNS LIKE HELL!!!*

(What do you think?)
We want to hear it from her spokesman.

Quote:
What can I say? This rabu-rabu-tsun-tsun-dere-dere interactions are the BLOODY BEST!!!

Why am I included in an couple's affairs? >_<

Quote:
He’s quite frightening, alright…
The incredibly stoic and efficient Akabane of the group, Jac is indeed a force to be feared…

His movement spells are quite frighteningly helpful in ending several lives in the span of a few seconds…

Nice.
Thanks.

Quote:
The berserking beserker with a small sister-complex is still as violent as ever.

*is mauled violently with oversized sword*

Anyway, He seems to has the least noticeable change. Jag’s attitude is still there. As well as his extremely powerful rane of spells.

Where did you get that idea from?! Jag's no sis-con at all!

*sics Jag on Aaron again*

As for the character changes, I was kinda uninspired while revamping the first two profiles so they did come out abit bland. I did try to steer him away from the berserker outline and change the addiction of drugs to usage instead, and to make him a character who's defined by his desire to survive. Guess it didn't work out too well in the end.

Quote:

GAURON!!!!

Anyway, Gen remains the fiercest of your OC's up to now.
His track record is dark but interesting. And oddly similar to something I have in mind for the future. His spells are quick and effective. Devastating as well. As for devices, they have always been a high point of interest for me. Especially Avatar. Good work! BTW, can he still be another one of Aurion's unlawful contacts?
Well didn't change too much about him so it was expected. Something for GenerationS perhaps? Don't worry I won't try to elbow into your plans but I'm quite curious about the 'similarity in future'. I'm up for a good device discussion, provided I have the time. As for being an unlawful contact, that door's always opened.

Quote:

YUUNO=MAKUBEX?!?!?!
DOES NOT COMPUTE YET IT SOMEWHAT COMPUTES!!!

And that's why crack is so wonderful. Computing when it shouldn't be able to.

Quote:
But please don’t get carried away…>.>

Official Hayaurion is not my intention…<.<

(Actually, from what can be seen in IRC, it can be surmised that Goose shall not accept any other pairing for Hayate if it regards my OC’s…. >_____<)
Hence why you should display the awesomeness of HayatexGrandis to make us switch camps.

Though the Hayaurion camp is firmly entrenched with long time popular support. Not that I'm one. =3

Quote:
That device-disabling spell is scary…

Anyway, you can never go wrong with an extremely feisty sniper with a temper as fiery as her sniping is accurate. Lotsa tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun-TSUN is shown.

Now where’s the dere-dere-dere-dere-DERE side…? >.>

*is shot three times on the head*
Actually that's a recycled spell that appears in almost every spell list of my OCs. I'm of the opinion denying mages of their devices is a good way to go.

As for the dere-dere-dere side, Jas really isn't much of an tsundere so that will be hard to come by. I'll touch on her Hyper Happy mode instead when I can.

Her future road is pretty tough though. Then again, I'm a mean creator. The more I favor an character, the nastier I'm to them.

Quote:
All things aside, Jec is MOE~!
Her development as a child is rather unconventional, but she came out as an overall likeable person.

The protectiveness of the Price over her is one interesting detail as well. And of course, her spells are naturally powerful. Though Mercurius is still quite surprising for a device.
Moe was unexpected when I didn't provide an actual image to stand on.

As for the reason why the Prize favors her so much, Jec stands as an keystone in their future plans, as well as her device. (Have fun guessing. ) I can safely say her future is the next clearly developed, and somehow tying into Nanoha and Vivio in different ways. =3

I'm going ;_; at the thought of it though.

Quote:
[Ackbar]IT'S A TRAP!!![/Ackbar]

In any case, Uomo is indeed rebuilt quite well. The new pic is convincingly TRAPtastic.

And I must agree with Tormenk. The part about looks like a girl but has no qualms dressing up as a guy had me, “Huh?! Whut?!

Of all the details, I want to know the part about how he sought interactions with Subaru and Ginga. His fighting style is quite fitting. And I guess I’ll have to familiarize myself with some of the references later. ()

Good work.
Don't remind me. I still go at his pic after so long.

Looking forward to his entrance Keroko. =3

Quote:

The second read is no less interesting from the first. Heck, it’s even more interesting than the first!
Just like you said, she is much more balanced now compared to the previous version. But it also just sank in now just how dangerous and incredibly experienced she is…

Just like what I said in the first time I commented her. Her style is quite similar to Aurion, but she had a motherload of mana, moar dangerous spells, moar experience, and a genuine sadistic personality!

She’s truly a force to be reckoned with. Her abilities right now are already way dangerous. I couldn’t imagine how dangerous she could be if she got the Tome and the Mastema…

She still looks quite ravishing though.

*RUNS*

Good job.
I realized the original was a tad messed up so I figured why not change somethings while cleaning up?

And that's because C.C. is a wonderful image basis to draw on.

Just finished the Negima manga. As said by Lowe a long time ago, Katrina and Evangeline share so many similarities it's pure >_<. Speaking of which where's Aniki. :/

Quote:
Wrong. Balmung is no melee spell.
It does THIS!!!
Spoiler for Balmung:

And believe me, swinging it around is no mean feat. Hardly something you’d use in fighting melee.

*me runs from Negima manga readers*
Holy ****.

Quote:
WHEN I BREAK BACKLOG, I BEGIN AND END AT CLIMAX!!!!

Ah~...

I've never felt this alive for quite a while! I just love this place!

And of course, "Longest Backlog Breaker in History, GETTO~!!!"
No competition here. Aaron's Backlog Breakers are always fun to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Hmm looks like it's time for a Backlog Breaker, Breaker... say that three times fast.
Tongue tied.

Quote:
Is all that I am to you people just VitaXFelix?!
And O'Neil.

What? That's all? Yeah cause I took half an hour to plow through replying Aaron's breaker so I'm shortchanging Tk in return.

Edit: Oh yeah. Page claim for Aaron. XDD

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-04-27, 09:57   Link #23942
Mirificus

Quote:
Blame 7arcs for not providing a better solo pic.=_=
IN any case, I did get another pic. Official at that. I’ll add it too.:3
These are the best official pictures of Hayate in her barrier jacket that of which I'm aware.

-
Old 2008-04-27, 10:09   Link #23943
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Holy shi--!

*Is blown away by backlog breaker*

Quote:
Kinda like Jail, no?
No, Jail's just an insane genius. Kane's a freakin' insane genius.

Quote:
The fact that various canon sources talk about a Royal Bloodline, AKA more then one generation of rulers, pretty much debunks that.
Mmm... alright, but do you have suggestions on how to fix this without disposing of the entire first third of the timeline or making Vivian less pseudodivine?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-27, 11:00   Link #23944
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just a progress update:

Almost done with Sunset Encounter and the Episode 3 scene rewrite. Will be done when done.

Next project title is confirmed as BelkaRed vs AbareHunter.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-27, 11:33   Link #23945
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Right. Here's a quick timeline I worked out for the rise and fall of Belka and the Sankt Kaiser in my version of fanon. This is mostly for the benefit of an IRC conversation, but if you've got comments, let me hear 'em.

Also keep in mind that the early events in this timeline may have been embellished somewhat by the Saint Church.

Spoiler for A "Brief" History of Belka, the Sankt Kaiser, and Khaine:

And that's right about where the storyline I have in mind begins, just prior to Vivio's rescue. Following the initial storyline "Reunion", the Divine Phantasms are hired by Fate and the Enforcers for a long-term assignment; taking down Khaine's strongholds on several Non-Administered worlds while the bulk of bureau forces deal with Khaine's forces in the field.
I swear, what was all that about not too much reference that you promised me and Shou? And then, you go and turn this into some semi-refined Khrack?

Right, not too many references...not too many...

But since I have dedicated myself to being your caretaker, and if necessary your undertaker, here goes nothing:

Complaint 1:

A prison that keeps things in and not out...quite a pathetic prison, especially for two hyper-powered beings.

Complaint 2:

There seem to be, disturbingly, only 2 Kaisers. This has been touched on before, but I'll provide you a solution as well: Make Khaine's thing a more gradual process, with minor sparks here and there but no flame. After all, all conflicts seem to be puzzles and putty in the hands of characters like Kane (I know it's based on him, that's obvious. He's called Khaine, but he's really Kane with a lot more power.)

Complaint 3:

Somehow I'm not sure if Vivio has as much output as Vivian. Ergo, I'm not sure if Vivio can output enough power to unseal Khaine like Vivian could (need for details. WAY more.)

Complaint 4:

Couldn't you have been a wee bit more original? I prefer referencing more subtly, and not so much of direct grab and stash. It irritates me a little, although with time I have become tolerant enough for it not to bother me too much, although my preference is still the indirect one. Anagrams, roles?

Mutter 1:

Somehow given the power of your OCs, that task shouldn't be a problem

Mutter 2:

It wasn't a crippling, really. The TSAB were good to go in a jiffy. In fact, it wasn't too bad for damage. Only Section 6 was whacked badly, and their Navy was still pretty much intact, too. I don't see that as "crippling". That's called "minor skirmish, not much gained in the big picture."

In military terms, the JS attack was of little worth in the big picture. At best, it smarted, but didn't hamstring anyone.

Mutter 3:

Okay, I rest my case.

Go fix it if you like, and even if you don't, rest assured I will be your faithful dream catcher and death avatar for a long time yet.

Yours Sincerely

Xena

----------------------------------

My own brand of madness...is still cookin'.
Old 2008-04-27, 12:22   Link #23946
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If anything, the crippling of Bureau forces that takes place happens during the Cradle Ascent - and even then, the GF still has a good number of people deployed as canon fodder, despite how they and RF6 got pwnt in Episodes 16 and 17...

*remembers his cracked AU where the OFM intervened during the Raid on GFHQ*

Nevermind.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-27, 12:29   Link #23947
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
If anything, the crippling of Bureau forces that takes place happens during the Cradle Ascent - and even then, the GF still has a good number of people deployed as canon fodder, despite how they and RF6 got pwnt in Episodes 16 and 17...

*remembers his cracked AU where the OFM intervened during the Raid on GFHQ*

Nevermind.
Just hinging on that a little, even that is not really a crippling. If the main force is still intact (not Einherjah, they're like perimeter defense towers, you know, like the Red Alert 1 ones, aka the ones that never really worked), they have the navy (which kicks ass though it's always a little late), and they still have the air force (which kicks ass till they get overshadowed by one pink beam.)

So that's why I said Jail won the battle, but he lost the war, overall, because he was on the bad side of it anyway, not to mention because he's the BAD GUY. In shows like Nanoha, he's like Rosencrantz and Guilderstern in "(insert their names) are Dead" - already doomed to lose.

Tactically speaking, though, Jail was racing against time as much as the TSAB was, imho. It's the TSAB's deus-ex-machina versus Jail's, and the TSAB has more resources, it's an uphill battle still.

Old 2008-04-27, 12:47   Link #23948
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Just hinging on that a little, even that is not really a crippling. If the main force is still intact (not Einherjah, they're like perimeter defense towers, you know, like the Red Alert 1 ones, aka the ones that never really worked), they have the navy (which kicks ass though it's always a little late), and they still have the air force (which kicks ass till they get overshadowed by one pink beam.)

So that's why I said Jail won the battle, but he lost the war, overall, because he was on the bad side of it anyway, not to mention because he's the BAD GUY. In shows like Nanoha, he's like Rosencrantz and Guilderstern in "(insert their names) are Dead" - already doomed to lose.

Tactically speaking, though, Jail was racing against time as much as the TSAB was, imho. It's the TSAB's deus-ex-machina versus Jail's, and the TSAB has more resources, it's an uphill battle still.

That's true; I keep forgetting that TSAB means TSAB as a whole, not just GF.

And that's not counting the rest of Cadia as well - who all, sadly, were forced to play limited roles

Ironically, while the presence of the OCs would have ended up in a stronger position for the TSAB in StrikerS, if they were around in A's it'd have ended up in a Bad End. Most of the OCs would have killed the Knights - in self-defence or... aggressive self-defense - and would have Arc'ed Uminari and the book, seeing no alternative...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-27, 12:50   Link #23949
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:

And that's not counting the rest of Cadia as well - who all, sadly, were forced to play limited roles

Ironically, while the presence of the OCs would have ended up in a stronger position for the TSAB in StrikerS, if they were around in A's it'd have ended up in a Bad End. Most of the OCs would have killed the Knights - in self-defence or... aggressive self-defense - and would have Arc'ed Uminari and the book, seeing no alternative...
Last point...Very true. Very, very true. Things would have gotten wayyy out of hand in both cases. In StrikerS we'd see the TSAB taking out almost 3 times more Drones than in the real story no thanks to the abundance of godly snipers, and we'd have a much better plan, which would result in a more clinical, if faster, and maybe more awesome win. Kudos on that of course goes to our OC tacticians, on-site and off-site ones alike.

While in As, Reinforce Eins might have gotten killed, I swear it. Just get a diversion, and have Chief sneak up under Active Camo... *snaps fingers* you know the drill.

And then...poor Kha, he wouldn't exist like we know him. And one of my OCs would be pretty heartbroken too, if an insane person could be heartbroken

Aggressive Self Defence, you might as well call that a Counterattack, saves you the trouble of thinking up a euphemism
Old 2008-04-27, 12:52   Link #23950
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
they have the navy (which kicks ass though it's always a little late)
Ah yes, the flying plot devices. The first things Kane's forces will obliterate with laughable ease.

*sinister mad scientist laugh*

Quote:
There seem to be, disturbingly, only 2 Kaisers.
Ah, no there's a line of "mortal" kaisers after Vivian's death. Probably whoever's responsible for getting her knocked up with Horus at first, then a standard imperial bloodline after that.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-27, 12:57   Link #23951
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Ah yes, the flying plot devices. The first things Kane's forces will obliterate with laughable ease.

*sinister mad scientist laugh*
That'll be the day, that'll be the day.

Just a possibly pertinent piece of pie: Don't promise too much h4xx if it'll end up hard to pull off in the end, it's not good for your health, although it's amusing to watch. It takes tactical genius, or godh4xx, to wipe the floor with a whole damn fleet. And I disagree with the term "plot device", that's not entirely doing plot devices any justice: They are the deus-ex-machina, the ultimately senseless stupidity which is a sorry excuse for a plot device, powerful to unknown and unexplored degrees.

Quote:
Ah, no there's a line of "mortal" kaisers after Vivian's death. Probably whoever's responsible for getting her knocked up with Horus at first, then a standard imperial bloodline after that.
Ah, where's my undertaker's hat?

*picks it up*

*puts it on*

Xena gains new rare skill: Scary White Eyes

*Xena lolls his eyes, showing the whites as it rains*

TOMBSTONE-

*static and garbled screams. A loud slam is heard, and crunching of bone*
Old 2008-04-27, 12:57   Link #23952
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Everything.

Vivio is captured again, this time brought back to the original clone production facility for ..intensive examinations. The Prize does treasure the merits of a successful Artificial Mage and clone of the Saint King, in line of continuing the progress down that road.

Btw, the name came from this guy. You'll see why I picked his name for a good reason.
Ah, I see the ingenuity here, and why they seem so elated at having Vivio back in their facility. Intensive examination, though, does not involve the mass production of an army of Vivios ... does it?

And Shou Tucker or otherwise, it's still DIE, SHOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*looks to PF and Keroko for advice*
Mm, given certain adjustments here and there in the genetic materials, it's possible to slow down aging, but nothing to the extent suggested by Comartemis (200+ years). And by conserving certain information, it's also possible to create Vivians throughout the timeline.

It's rather impossible, though, given the technology level at that time. This technology also exploits biological limits to their extremes, something which I don't think anyone would want to tamper for their King.

Quote:
Kha has a self-deluded habit of kneeling in front of a little corner in the Lourve...

The idea of such an intergalactic journey is win. We need more Khophia fluff!

Depending on what the secret is, we may then have to ask ourselves this question...

Turns suddenly to Saber and sneers in her face.

...who exactly are you, Sankt Kaiser.
Quick! History is about to be written, and justice to be done! The Sankt Kaiser's identity will finally be lifted from the mists of mysteries!

Quote:
~How deep can you dig?~
~How much effort can you give?~
~How much passion can you show?~
~For the one and only OC Thread?~

About 80 pages...

BACKLOG... BREAKER.

You've set a standard of backlog busting no one's ever done (apart from those who did a tremendous backlog buster of 400+ pages before)!

*gives Aaron Almaria, Hayate, and Hayaurion plushies (:3)*

I will also attempt a stupendous backlog buster ... after this week ends.

Quote:

YOU TOLD THEM!!!

=3
Yep, I did.

Quote:
Hmm. Good to see templar development.
They should have done more of the same for the Numbers in StrikerS!
The dream was rather spectacularly surprising in the end... The visage would have been indeed...
More developments (and shocking truths!) revealed later. Examination is a jealous time-hogger now.

Quote:
VIVIO IS WIN!!!

She grew up into quite a feisty yet VERY precocious little rascal!
Her relationship with Leraphiel-neechan is a surprise though.

Nanoha better watch out for more of her daughters antics.

And of course...
'Dense as a rock and straight as a log' was WIN!!!

Kudos to Yuuno for being VERY perceptive.

I'm glad you like it, because I didn't expected her to grow up like this myself. I took a few spoonfuls of ideas learned from classes and observations of current children behaviors to come up with this Vivio.

Leraphiel nee-chan will also be a surprise later.

Quote:
Pompous leader is pompous.
This feels like some of the big bad bosses I've seen in other series. But I'll be damned if I say that it does not fit here. It sure hell does!!!

Lazarus seems to get shot down as well. But usually in these cases, the leaders like being praised AND shooting 'em down.
Lazarus is pompous towards other Magi, but cannot do so against the BIG boss.

Quote:

TEH DETAILS ARE OVERWHELMING!!!@_________@

In a good way.

EPIC info chapter with a brain-busting amount of detail to really bust some brains! And looking forward to the revelation of details from Chrono.:3

Good work!
I busted my brains a few times writing that.

Revelation from Chrono imminent! ... In Chapter 11.

Small note on the Pentateuch Archive, in any case (kind of forgotten to explain this):

Spoiler for Pentateuch Archive:

Nothing much about the storyline except to tell how important the content is.

Quote:
I sure tend to get this "As expected from OC's top Hayate fan" comments, huh?

Anyway, thanks a lot!
Well, you are the top Hayate fan.

Quote:
Waving around is for swiping lots of troublesome large enmies out of the way. But for what speed is available (slow) Balmung is for dropping a big slab of hurt.:3
Anti-army more than anti-personnel, then?

*scribblesscribble* Might be useful later in my fic as well.

Quote:
Aurion's my OC, so naturally, I can give him as much details as I want.=3
And Hayate's crush on Chrono was very well probable.:3 I wanted to add dimensions to the Nanoha series that 7arcs forsaken, after all...>.>
True, true.

Quote:
Lyriel is still under development.:3 And as for Grandis...

*chants 'I WILL make GrandisXHayate work!!!' several times*

I wonder if it'll ever remove the deep-seated image of Hayaurion, in any case. But, we can all but try, ne?

Quote:

ZOMG YOU BLEW UP ESCUTCHEON!!!!!

KISAMA!!!!!

(=3)
It's a necessary evil ...

Quote:
Ah~...

I've never felt this alive for quite a while! I just love this place!

And of course, "Longest Backlog Breaker in History, GETTO~!!!"
Harumph! I'll see if I can manage it!

(Probably not, I've already busted some along the way ._.)

Quote:
Mmm... alright, but do you have suggestions on how to fix this without disposing of the entire first third of the timeline or making Vivian less pseudodivine?
The timeline is going to be a major headache on your part.

You'd notice that, in the period between Weil Clearwater's psychic calling and Vivian's death, there is a gap of 1782 years where the bloodline is no longer of the original Sankt Kaiser, be it Vivian's or Horus's. Even if we were to assume that the selected bloodline is still powerful enough an influence, that bloodline is no longer the true one, and as such cannot have an effect on Cradle activation during the Jail Scaglietti Incident later.

This argument has been around, but a thousand years would have caused serious degradation of Vivian's (or Horus's) genetic structure that even any left intact would be truly a wonder. A clone of Vivio from this historical makeup is therefore not possible in the future, if the blood isolated from the Holy Shroud had undergone a total of 1848 years of decomposition.

You can either fix it by introducing more royal children of Vivian (whoever the consort is, you never mentioned, and no virgin birth, thank you) that somehow one eventually managed to sit at the throne 300 years before the empire collapsed, or make it so that Khaine or Xelloss were nonexistent for the chaos and eventual extinction of bloodline.

On the question of divinity, make her normal. "Actually it’s just her linker core pumping out so much energy that it’s saturating her body and slowing her cellular decay and thus her body’s aging processes" is erroneous at best, since a body that is energy saturated will have a more rapid aging process.
Old 2008-04-27, 13:01   Link #23953
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
That'll be the day, that'll be the day.
Quite so, quite so: It'll be too much fun writing out a bureau warship getting a proton torp right down the pipe while the AeC's charging: instant kablooey!

That oughta teach 'em to put some decent weapons on those flying bathtubs they call ships! Muahahahahahahaha!

*EDIT*
Just realized how much that sounds like a Star Wars reference....

Quote:
You can either fix it by introducing more royal children of Vivian (whoever the consort is, you never mentioned, and no virgin birth, thank you) that somehow one eventually managed to sit at the throne 300 years before the empire collapsed, or make it so that Khaine or Xelloss were nonexistent for the chaos and eventual extinction of bloodline.
Extra kids works just fine.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-27, 13:10   Link #23954
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Ah, I see the ingenuity here, and why they seem so elated at having Vivio back in their facility. Intensive examination, though, does not involve the mass production of an army of Vivios ... does it?

And Shou Tucker or otherwise, it's still DIE, SHOU!
Oh, AARON!!!

Here's a new competitor for overreactions here! *waves*

Quote:
[/B]Quick! History is about to be written, and justice to be done! The Sankt Kaiser's identity will finally be lifted from the mists of mysteries!
*cough*

If it gets that far without me burying him alive in critique

Though I trust that won't happen, Cadians are VERY resilient.

Quote:
[/B] Lazarus is pompous towards other Magi, but cannot do so against the BIG boss.
As expected. I like Big Bosses that are less...stifling, though. Still, I like Lazarus, and his boss. The dynamics is very familiar to me.

Quote:
Revelation from Chrono imminent! ... In Chapter 11.

Small note on the Pentateuch Archive, in any case (kind of forgotten to explain this):

Spoiler for Pentateuch Archive:

Nothing much about the storyline except to tell how important the content is.
Really now, that's nice of you...

*absorbs information*

Quote:
I wonder if it'll ever remove the deep-seated image of Hayaurion, in any case. But, we can all but try, ne?
Grandis...X...Hayate?

WHAT THE BLEEDIN' HELL?!!!!

How could I have been so blind to this alternative route...I need to see his profile. Now where is it...

Quote:
Quite so, quite so: It'll be too much fun writing out a bureau warship getting a proton torp right down the pipe while the AeC's charging: instant kablooey!

That oughta teach 'em to put some decent weapons on those flying bathtubs they call ships! Muahahahahahahaha!

*EDIT*
Just realized how much that sounds like a Star Wars reference....
*hides plans for the Claudia's destruction*

Ahem. I was talking about wiping a whole fleet, but nevermind, I'll see how things go.

Yes, it sounded like it, although it's more like a line Leonard McCoy would spout when pissed off.

Quote:
It would work fine for your life plan too
Old 2008-04-27, 13:16   Link #23955
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Magical energy, PF. I can do whatever I want with this particular energy source since canon doesn't have anything to say about the subject.
Canon would like to prove otherwise.

魔導師の食事 - A mage’s diet
For mages, Mana in the atmosphere is linked together in an organ, the “Linker core”, and stored within their body. For quick replenishment, a balanced diet consisting of sugars, carbohydrates and proteins is essential, as are a variety of vitamins and minerals to maintain a healthy body. Therefore out of necessity, mages undergoing hard training during their early growth period eat a much larger diet compared to an ordinary person. Furthermore, pasta and other noodle-type foods are easily digested, so these types of food, known as 「Loading Foods」, are loved by many mages, since they allow for quick energy and Mana replenishment.

You'd notice that Mana is generated within the Linker Core, and replenishment comes primarily from food and rest. While Vivian may not be a glutton, Mana is a form of energy that has its source from food, which exemplifies the fact that it's a form of physical energy that can be changed to power normal metabolism (law of energy conservation and the first law of thermodynamics). And such energies are consumed by the cells to do work; the more you have it, the more they work, and eventually they either become resistant or die.

If Vivian has "delayed aging" simply because she's brimming with Mana, Hayate is a potential candidate for such "divine manifestation", because her mana pool is large enough (SS). Yet, Hayate is not, so your argument is invalid.

And really, if Mana can be used to do everything, one wonders why there is no supra-godlike mage characters (SSS+) in entire Mid-childa. It can even be that they perish faster because of too much Mana.

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2008-04-27 at 13:36.
Old 2008-04-27, 13:17   Link #23956
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

Indeed.

Quote:
Magical energy, PF. I can do whatever I want with this particular energy source since canon doesn't have anything to say about the subject.
*Goose enters AbareKillerGoose mode*

Quote:
Perhaps an imouto grieving for Horus-oniichan, saddened by the lost of rabu-rabu.

*casts Alert and Guard and dodges sniper fire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Grandis...X...Hayate?

WHAT THE BLEEDIN' HELL?!!!!

How could I have been so blind to this alternative route...I need to see his profile. Now where is it...
Aaron's been putting it forward, Reiji's been hating on this pairing, and I just ship Hayaurion because it's pseudocest. Well actually I ship Hayaurion for shits and giggles, and it's kinda fun to see Aaron go all swirly. It keeps me from entering AbareKillerGoose Mode.

Epic battle! Burning spirits seeking the maiden's pure heart! The epic of the month!

Aurion vs Grandis, in the battle for Hayate's heart, soul and door!

^_______________^

Quote:

魔導師の食事 - A mage’s diet
For mages, Mana in the atmosphere is linked together in an organ, the “Linker core”, and stored within their body. For quick replenishment, a balanced diet consisting of sugars, carbohydrates and proteins is essential, as are a variety of vitamins and minerals to maintain a healthy body. Therefore out of necessity, mages undergoing hard training during their early growth period eat a much larger diet compared to an ordinary person. Furthermore, pasta and other noodle-type foods are easily digested, so these types of food, known as 「Loading Foods」, are loved by many mages, since they allow for quick energy and Mana replenishment.

You'd notice that Mana is generated within the Linker Core, and replenishment comes primarily from food and rest. While Vivian may not be a glutton, Mana is a form of energy that has its source from food, which exemplifies the fact that it's a form of physical energy that can be changed to power normal metabolism (law of energy conservation and the first law of thermodynamics). And such energies are consumed by the cells to do work; the more you have it, the more they work, and eventually they either become resistant or die.

If Vivian has "delayed aging" simply because she's brimming with Mana, Hayate is a potential candidate for such "divine manifestation", because her mana pool is large enough. Yet, Hayate is not.
I would also like to point out that delayed aging means you'd spend a longer time as a loli. Take David Weber's Honorverse. 20-30 year olds stuck in 12 year old loli bodies thanks to delayed aging. (On the other hand it means taht 50-60 year olds can look like in their late 20s so I suppose it balances ). Basically what does that mean?

Nobody takes you seriously until you're at least 35 or 40 People look at you and go, "Meh, just a kid." Are you sure you want Vivian to have that happen to her, Comar?

I'm also personally not keen on the name Vivian because it reminds me of my onee-chan.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-27, 14:09   Link #23957
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:

Ironically, while the presence of the OCs would have ended up in a stronger position for the TSAB in StrikerS,
Kind of hard not for that the happen given that we'd have been increasing the good guy teams numbers like ten fold and adding a ton of militarily competent characters to the mix... Curbstomp is about the best the other team could hope for. Horribly bloody beam and stabbing induced deaths is more likely.

Quote:
if they were around in A's it'd have ended up in a Bad End. Most of the OCs would have killed the Knights - in self-defence or... aggressive self-defense -
TK is reminded of General Sherman’s order to his troops to “forage liberally off the land” AKA, “pillage at will”.

Quote:
and would have Arc'ed Uminari and the book, seeing no alternative...
The knights are totally going to get killed with extreme overkill… The Arc probably doesn’t happen though after all the book can’t be completed with the knights dead can it? Still a bad end though as Hayate probably dies and all the knights are obviously toasted, and the book might well get away and show up again later. That could almost make a decent AU Don't expect me to write or read it though her and the knights are basiclly my favorite characters in the show after all.

Quote:

I would also like to point out that delayed aging means you'd spend a longer time as a loli. Take David Weber's Honorverse. 20-30 year olds stuck in 12 year old loli bodies thanks to delayed aging. (On the other hand it means taht 50-60 year olds can look like in their late 20s so I suppose it balances ). Basically what does that mean?

Nobody takes you seriously until you're at least 35 or 40 People look at you and go, "Meh, just a kid." Are you sure you want Vivian to have that happen to her, Comar?

I'm also personally not keen on the name Vivian because it reminds me of my onee-chan.
That's really more a matter of what kind of technobabble you're using to extend the ages given that all of it is pretty much beyond us we have no idea how anti-aging treatments would work but they come in all sorts of flavors ones that can acutally reverse previous aging, ones that stop it at a set point, ones that slow it down in all stages (the one you said), etc basiclly eternal youth comes in a a whole bunch of flavors.

Old 2008-04-27, 15:26   Link #23958
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Dang. That was quite the epic Backlog Breaker. I come back from work and this is what I see? Glorious.

It's enough to jumpstart my creativity.

But first...

@PhoenixFlare: Thank you muchly for the in depth review. Your suggestions have made an impact on development and I hope the altered versions are better.

Quote:
Funny that you mentioned that, for ever since I heard of the anime from Sheba, then watched the OP in the clubroom, I thought of the same thing.
Hell yeah. You should definitely give the series a watch. I LOVE the ED. Imagine Vivio having to live with Noland acting eerily similar to Kogarashi.

Spoiler for Maid Guy Noland:

Bwahaha.

Oh yes. Kha, have you ever considered a change in uniform for you genderbent form? Like... this one?

Spoiler for Change is Good:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ahh... that might be a problem. That the Cleric-Knights never had a Primarch I knew, but hey only answer to the Seiou? The Primarch's are second-in-command to the Seiou only, the word of a Primarch is the word of the Seiou, basically. Having an entire unit that doesn't follow the Primarch's orders would be messing with Fall of an Empire.
Hmm. This sounds interesting. I'm really starting to like this idea of the Primarch. If Noland is the favored son of the Sankt Kaiser...

Well damn. Noland really does look like to be the Horus of the Belkan Empire.

Quote:
I'm... not sure how I could fit this in. Him being 'the' great traitor would mess with my story.
This is where the ambiguity and vagueness of Noland's history comes in handy. As I've said before, the truth could have been changed, warped, or misrepresented by historians writing the matter down. Thanks to this haziness, Noland's history can be easily modified to fit into just about anyone's story.

Thank you everyone who responded about Noland and his spell list.

Alright guys. I present to you all now an updated and modified spell list.

Spoiler for Spell List Ver. 2.0:
Old 2008-04-27, 20:05   Link #23959
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

HELLO CADIA!!!

How's it been?

Commencing Return...

[Radiation Wave Arm: 100%]

Be Blown Away, Backlog!!!

Quote:
Welcome, my brother, to Outer Cadia.

One Vision, One Purpose.

PEACE THROUGH CHEESE!
...I'm not even here three seconds...and I get this...

Quote:
I'm reworking his elemental prowess. The current one now is too convenient (and HAXX). Been working on it recently with tshou and PF. Plenty of progress has been made.:3

Only hint right now that Grandis' elemental affinities will now count as 'artificial'. How I make it work is still in the works...^^;;
The brainstorming of the system is kinda mind-boggling in inception but is well-worth it when I pull it off.:3
...just as a personal point, I really don't care how you make it work, as long as it does work...

...and Grandis still has fire spells for Arcas to copy.

Other than that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
My god... what if Nanoha had to deal with...

Spoiler for THIS:

UGH.... but... at the same time... LOL.

*FANFARE*

RUBY: T. NANOHAAAA!!!!

NANOHA: O_o

RUBY: Here she is! The one and only winner of the TSAB Magiball Contest!

NANOHA: ~_~;

RUBY: This girl is FUELED BY MAGIC! So start melting guys, 'cause the girl's hotter than hot she's hot HOT HOT!

*Cue the beat.*
Nanoha...and 5th Element...

HMMM....

Fascinating...think of the possibilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Spoiler for Here we go:
Interesting...though I could have sworn I've seen that picture somewhere before...

And this looks like it has potential...yet another frozen relic of the Velkan Empire...reminds me of Code Geass: Lost Colors...

Quote:
Anyone who wishes to kill my Knights is free to do so, but I have a few requests:

1. Make it GAR.
2. And include this prayer: "I am the Hammer. I am the sword in Her hand. I am the Gauntlet about Her fist. I am the Bane of Her foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End."
Huh...perhaps I could...yeah...WHY NOT!

Thanks Kha!

Quote:
Spoiler for Possibility:
Vivio Meido GETTO?!

Quote:
Spoiler for The Power of Madness:
You're guessing right...and this isn't a spell list as much as it is an ability list...reminds me of the stuff for the F/SN Servants...

Quote:
We need more Khophia fluff!
Is Sophiarcas fluff acceptable...? I can do that...

Quote:
Spoiler for Maid Guy Noland:
<breaks down laughing>

Oh, gods!

My friend, you have just inspired me to give Maid Guy a try...!

Quote:
Spoiler for Spell List Ver. 2.0:
This is interesting...good work so far from me...keep it up!

NOTE TO ALL CADIANS:

Ep. 4 currently in works - expect within 72 hours, give or take.
Old 2008-04-27, 20:15   Link #23960
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:

魔導師の食事 - A mage’s diet

If Vivian has "delayed aging" simply because she's brimming with Mana, Hayate is a potential candidate for such "divine manifestation", because her mana pool is large enough (SS). Yet, Hayate is not, so your argument is invalid.

And really, if Mana can be used to do everything, one wonders why there is no supra-godlike mage characters (SSS+) in entire Mid-childa. It can even be that they perish faster because of too much Mana.
I really need to get my hands on translated copies of all the DVD booklets, there's a wealth of information in these things that I could probably put to good use. Anyone have a compiled index of these things?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Closed Thread