Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-29, 13:56   Link #2041
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Korezom handles some things pretty randomly so you can never be sure... but that's one possibility. Can't spell immortality without mortality at least.
One thing I loved in KoreZon... was the randomness... e.g. what do you do when blasted around the globe while fight the final boss? Get souvenirs... makes sense

As for the immortality thing, I suspect a mess-up from the anime writers; that set aside, I think we're looking too much into it. What we know is just that the dude hated his life (no reason really given), and the only way to die was for Yuu to use her PW:Kill-thing. Everything else is just speculation on our part

That said, I would really love to read/watch a side story covering their past with all the juicy details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
March 9th, or that's what came up on cdjapan when I googled it. In other words, it's out.
edit: A drama CD was released February 9th. Some radio CD (I guess there was a radio cast or so?) will be released April 13th. There is also a pair of insert songs for Korezom that will come out on April 20th. Don't bite me if the dates were changed due to delays.
Since I did not see anything on the anime and novel sites are there any character songs planned?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 14:02   Link #2042
Stefkov

I'm not usually a fan of characters like Haruna but for some reason I like her. Not much of a fan of Sera but I don't hate her calling Ayumu all the time.
I'm kinda glad Yuu finally spoke, that shocked me but I was a little saddened that Ayumu didn't factor in Tomonori when he was saying that he also had Sera and Haruna to King of the Night. I know she isn't around as much as the others but she is his wife.

It's strange, I really like all of the characters in what I can only consider to be a generic harem with some random elements added in. Even though it's not over I can truthfully say that this was one of the funniest and best shows I've watched this season.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 14:08   Link #2043
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
I'm not usually a fan of characters like Haruna but for some reason I like her. Not much of a fan of Sera but I don't hate her calling Ayumu all the time.
I'm kinda glad Yuu finally spoke, that shocked me but I was a little saddened that Ayumu didn't factor in Tomonori when he was saying that he also had Sera and Haruna to King of the Night. I know she isn't around as much as the others but she is his wife.

It's strange, I really like all of the characters in what I can only consider to be a generic harem with some random elements added in. Even though it's not over I can truthfully say that this was one of the funniest and best shows I've watched this season.
That's another thing about KoreZon, all the characters are seriously flawed, yet likeable by almost everyone. I mean you can see this in serious shows, but I can not recall a single comedic one that achieved it.
Old 2011-03-29, 14:10   Link #2044
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
You guys have a good point about this immortality business. I'm pretty sure that it is touched on again because most of the main cast is very long lived. Plus, there are certain LN spoilers about a certain crazed masou shojou that didn't want to lose all her friends after being locked up for a few centuries.

Animes these days like to have some central theme. Maybe this one's theme is mortality/ immortality?
Don't forget that the Afterlife is directly involved in the plot too. When it comes to the Supernatural, with souls and demons and all that, it isn't as simple as living or dying.

I mean, I would think the antagonist would understand the spiritual world to know if reincarnation existed or not. Is it really "death", if there are half a dozen ways for you go on from there?

We know there is Soul-destruction, the worst kind of permanent death. We also know that there is an afterlife where dead people's souls normally go. There doesn't seem to be a differentiation between heaven or hell, just one afterlife. And then there is the suggested possibility that reincarnation is an option. It's all rather complicated.

Death is still considered a bad thing, story wise. Yuu wouldn't be so upset about the idea of death if it was just a minor annoyance. So it's not like Dragonball where repeated resurrections are freely available. Though Ayumu is technically indestructible, his friends may be less so.

Now, about other matters...

Remember when I thought about how you could fight Megallos with ramen?
I think I am starting to understand how it works, now that I see music used as a weapon.

In traditional Good vs Evil settings, you have demons and undead that had to be combated with holy energy. Holy energy that traditionally came from whatever divine power that exists in that universe. However, the Zombie universe seems to be devoid of religion; you have people with demigod powers, and even Yuu is technically worshipped. But there is no source of "pure good" which you can tap to defeat Megallos.

Or is there?

It seems the main source of positive energy in Zombie is bliss. The pleasure you feel when you ate a really good bowl of ramen, or the sound of gentle classical music. Things that makes one glad to be alive. Music and good food might sound strange as weapons used to combat evil, but once you consider them the equivalent of holy water and prayers, it all makes sense.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-03-29 at 14:24.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 14:13   Link #2045
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

So, has the rumour of ep 12 airing today true or not?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 14:16   Link #2046
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So, has the rumour of ep 12 airing today true or not?
Spoiler for ep 12:
Old 2011-03-29, 14:19   Link #2047
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
One thing I loved in KoreZon... was the randomness... e.g. what do you do when blasted around the globe while fight the final boss? Get souvenirs... makes sense

As for the immortality thing, I suspect a mess-up from the anime writers; that set aside, I think we're looking too much into it. What we know is just that the dude hated his life (no reason really given), and the only way to die was for Yuu to use her PW:Kill-thing. Everything else is just speculation on our part

That said, I would really love to read/watch a side story covering their past with all the juicy details

Since I did not see anything on the anime and novel sites are there any character songs planned?
The randomness made Korezom unique, in some way I guess. Funny or not, it never failed to entertain me. Though its randomness also had bad sides so it doesn't make the series too outstanding. The execution sure left much to be desired at some parts, and many find the transitions bad (I don't really care about that because at this point I think it was to some extent intended anyway). Mystletainn Kick and string theory were one of the best things.

I refuse to mention any mess-ups no matter how obvious they are. Mistakes are part of projects. It's best to make the most sense out of something as good as you can, and that's where the speculating comes in. I speculate exactly because the info given is rather small, and it's fun to do so.

A side story (possibly canon, but not gonna hope for that) would be cool for sure.

I don't think there was mention for character songs but that could easily change seeing how there's still some stuff to be released anyway.

Last episode aired by now, will check it out in a day. Though I have to say one thing ahead: those swimsuits are gorgeous!!!

Last edited by Seihai; 2011-03-29 at 15:51.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 17:10   Link #2048
blitz1/2

Last ep, I SEE CHRIS!!!! POSSIBLE SEASON 2?!!!! (dies from overload)

Anyways, other than that ep 13, I'll see you guys in Hidan no aria (another Yuzusoft art LN/anime)

Old 2011-03-29, 17:47   Link #2049
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The "tired of living" argument doesn't work. He isn't sick of being alive; he is just sick of being forced to live with the choices he made in the past.
What makes you think that exactly? I don't recall Yoruno ever hinting he wanted to die because he couldn't live with his past mistakes anymore. All he ever talked about was how boring and bland the world appeared to him after living so many years (I'd really like to know how old he is). Furthermore, he remained convinced that someday, Ayumu would seek death as well. The way he said it made it sound like it's just a matter of time, not a matter of choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Keep in mind that all of the major characters in this show are all technically capable of living forever. An indefinite lifespan isn't a curse, but a way of life for them. It's just that if you did something you regret, and you couldn't live with yourself afterwards, you are stuck, It's a self-created hell. Immortality is not the bogeyman here.
Do we know that for sure? The vampires in this show are very different from your average vampire. For all we know, they could have a short lifespan. Even if they are capable of living forever, they are not completely immortal, unlike Ayumu and Yoruno. This already makes a huge difference. Immortality becomes a curse when you are unable to die no matter how much you wish for it.
Old 2011-03-29, 18:10   Link #2050
doomknight

I just saw raws..and well the most important thing right now is this.....

Spoiler for 2nd season?:

Spoiler for ..:
Old 2011-03-29, 18:51   Link #2051
taichi-kun

They didn't explain nothing about the relationship between yuu and bad zombie .....their past.. the 3 months.....

and why did haruna get her power again?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 18:54   Link #2052
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
They didn't explain nothing about the relationship between yuu and bad zombie .....their past.. the 3 months.....

It was kinda vague, but they hinted strongly that her teacher was at least in part responsible for her losing them in the first place. Presumably she needed to be taught a lesson about there being more kinds of "magic" than just the kind that lets you chainsaw people in half. Presumably, she learned her lesson. Though you'd never know it listening to her.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:03   Link #2053
BelatedDeath

:O 2nd season? I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS NO SANTA
Old 2011-03-29, 19:11   Link #2054
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post

She didn't really, the chainsaw just let her transform with Ayumu.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:17   Link #2055
D-Gold
Aurum

What ever happened to kyoko. I almost forgot she existed
Old 2011-03-29, 19:35   Link #2056
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What makes you think that exactly? I don't recall Yoruno ever hinting he wanted to die because he couldn't live with his past mistakes anymore. All he ever talked about was how boring and bland the world appeared to him after living so many years (I'd really like to know how old he is). Furthermore, he remained convinced that someday, Ayumu would seek death as well. The way he said it made it sound like it's just a matter of time, not a matter of choice.
As I already said (well rather hinted), there is to much speculation, taken as fact, like a certain sub-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
It was kinda vague, but they hinted strongly that her teacher was at least in part responsible for her losing them in the first place. Presumably she needed to be taught a lesson about there being more kinds of "magic" than just the kind that lets you chainsaw people in half. Presumably, she learned her lesson. Though you'd never know it listening to her.
How was that hinted exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomknight View Post
I just saw raws..and well the most important thing right now is this.....

Spoiler for 2nd season?:

Spoiler for ..:
Don't get your hopes up, several shows do that, and we are still waiting
Old 2011-03-29, 19:41   Link #2057
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Don't get your hopes up, several shows do that, and we are still waiting
Well at least giving hints to a possible second season is better than no hints at all and just having a "Everything is resolved and done" ending

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:48   Link #2058
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well at least giving hints to a possible second season is better than no hints at all and just having a "Everything is resolved and done" ending
Indeed, well, since I decided to try reading the novels, I have a different take... better make a better job with the possible sequel.
Old 2011-03-29, 19:48   Link #2059
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Second season?!?!?!?!?! Tell me who to give my money to! Early christmas incoming!!!!
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:48   Link #2060
blitz1/2

Well if we do have a second season, Mai nakahara MUST voice Chris!

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen