AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-20, 01:11   Link #1321
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

OK, so it is real. It is 18+ site, but if you go to Overflow's website (which amusingly has a top page that redirects people with software problems of their most recent game), you will see the announcement there as well.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 23:27   Link #1322
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Link

Package art for Island Days
(When did Yamagata grow her hair back?)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2014-02-23, 17:39   Link #1323
Hana
izumi

With the 3DS eshop cards going on sale at best buy this week, I was thinking of finally picking up Senran Kagura Burst. Anyone have any reviews or feedback for this game?
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 18:52   Link #1324
Shadow5YA

I never saw the appeal in a fanservice series on handhelds with inferior graphics. I know Japan is all about being portable right now, but shouldn't a series that prides itself on TnA have less... jagged models?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 08:45   Link #1325
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
With the 3DS eshop cards going on sale at best buy this week, I was thinking of finally picking up Senran Kagura Burst. Anyone have any reviews or feedback for this game?
I like the game. I even did a guide for it at GameFAQs, and I like the girls (har har), I love the clothing damage, the costume unlocks, I love the dressing room, and the gameplay is fun. It's a 2D style beat em up game like Streats of Rage/Final Fight, so if that style of gameplay is not your thing, it might be a little less fun to play.

If you are interested in looking up reviews, I recommend you look after player reviews that talk about the game, and not reviews from major websites that spend their time going all batty over why there are sexualized booby girls on a Nintendo handheld instead of talking about the actual game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I never saw the appeal in a fanservice series on handhelds with inferior graphics. I know Japan is all about being portable right now, but shouldn't a series that prides itself on TnA have less... jagged models?
Just curious, but do you own the game? The graphics are not inferior, dare I say not any different art-wise from the PS Vita versions due to the cell shaded graphics of the series. Considering what the developers had to deal with in 3D rendering, I think the game looks fantastic on my Original 3DS:

The character model was zoomed in within the game, shot taken by my cameraphone (thanks for no Miiverse community whoever is in charge )
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 16:39   Link #1326
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
How off your statement is reminds me of this Vita screenshot:
http://s16.postimg.org/gkaqst245/4966ab13_s.jpg

Oh, and Island Day's Homepage:
http://klon.co.jp/product/IslandDays/index.htm
They added some kind of strategy simulation (*facepalm*)

Old 2014-02-24, 18:53   Link #1327
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Just curious, but do you own the game? The graphics are not inferior, dare I say not any different art-wise from the PS Vita versions due to the cell shaded graphics of the series. Considering what the developers had to deal with in 3D rendering, I think the game looks fantastic on my Original 3DS:

The character model was zoomed in within the game, shot taken by my cameraphone (thanks for no Miiverse community whoever is in charge )
I didn't say it was inferior to the Vita. I said it was inferior in general, as in it would have looked better on a console like the PS3.
Old 2014-02-24, 20:12   Link #1328
mangatron

Quote:
I didn't say it was inferior to the Vita. I said it was inferior in general, as in it would have looked better on a console like the PS3.
I know you didn't mention the Vita. But you said "handhelds with inferior graphics", which,.... no one will ever forget the day the Vita was labeled as "a portable home console" (the Vita has it's own Senran Kagura game)

Now I brought up the game's cell shaded graphics because those kind of graphics are not any more inferior compared to console cell shaded graphics, asides from the obvious jump in resolution. As for why Senran Kagura is even on the 3DS at all, well, the 3D effect is very important

@serenade: that looks like a port. But if that is Y's, that's.....
Old 2014-02-24, 20:42   Link #1329
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Spoiler for Senrank Kagura Burst:
Good to hear since I'm thinking of getting it myself as well since it looks like a lot of fun (although not something I would play on the subway ). Storywise, how is it?
Old 2014-02-24, 20:59   Link #1330
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Now I brought up the game's cell shaded graphics because those kind of graphics are not any more inferior compared to console cell shaded graphics, asides from the obvious jump in resolution. As for why Senran Kagura is even on the 3DS at all, well, the 3D effect is very important
The most prominent 3D effect I remember about Burst is actually Guren Homura's name at the beginning of a mission. It really pops out, for some reason.
(Well, she is easier to use than the normal one...)

Old 2014-02-24, 21:53   Link #1331
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Good to hear since I'm thinking of getting it myself as well since it looks like a lot of fun (although not something I would play on the subway ). Storywise, how is it?
I really love the story. This isn't just girls fighting each other so we can see their clothes get ripped apart (not saying that part is worthless ), but I watched the anime before playing the game, and the anime didn't touch up on some of the girls' backstory, such as Hikage's, which the game has, and when I completed both stories in the game, I just felt more for the girls than just their looks I mean they felt like people, rather than just objects to ogle at

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The most prominent 3D effect I remember about Burst is actually Guren Homura's name at the beginning of a mission. It really pops out, for some reason.
(Well, she is easier to use than the normal one...)
lol that is true. To me I think it's because we get to see the fiery transformation then boom, her title, Homura
Old 2014-02-24, 22:13   Link #1332
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
I really love the story. This isn't just girls fighting each other so we can see their clothes get ripped apart (not saying that part is worthless ), but I watched the anime before playing the game, and the anime didn't touch up on some of the girls' backstory, such as Hikage's, which the game has, and when I completed both stories in the game, I just felt more for the girls than just their looks I mean they felt like people, rather than just objects to ogle at
So, they're people to ogle at, then.
Alright. Thanks for the info.
Old 2014-02-25, 17:08   Link #1333
Hana
izumi

Thanks a ton I'm just waiting for my eshop cards to come in the mail.. and then I'll finally get to play it! (probably not in public though. can't explain this..)
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 17:10   Link #1334
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quick question: does the eShop ever do DLC sales? I'm still wondering whether I should fork over the cash for the Phoenix Wright DLC or wait for some sort of deal.
Old 2014-02-25, 19:02   Link #1335
Aogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Quick question: does the eShop ever do DLC sales? I'm still wondering whether I should fork over the cash for the Phoenix Wright DLC or wait for some sort of deal.
I've seen Atlus do it with Shin Megami Tensei IV DLC but don't remember if Capcom does it or not.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 16:58   Link #1336
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
It shouldn't matter how a game could have looked better on a different platform.
Old 2014-02-26, 18:45   Link #1337
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
It shouldn't matter how a game could have looked better on a different platform.
By the way, PCs are stronger than game consoles, right?
Wonder why Sony hardware fans (Named by Capcom) don't wish all games go on the PC.

Old 2014-02-26, 20:46   Link #1338
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
It does if one of its selling points is the looks.
Old 2014-02-26, 21:20   Link #1339
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It does if one of its selling points is the looks.
Isn't graphics, like, the selling point of recent Playstation consoles? But if the PC can be even stronger, then why are there games on those Playstation consoles?

Old 2014-02-27, 03:16   Link #1340
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Isn't graphics, like, the selling point of recent Playstation consoles? But if the PC can be even stronger, then why are there games on those Playstation consoles?
It's mostly related to the Japanese gaming market- you'll find that the average Japanese person will spend more time in the public transport than people from other countries, which is part of the reason why handheld/portable gaming is very popular in Japan.
PC gaming in Japan tends to be limited to mostly visual novels and web browser based gaming (as far as I'm aware). Console and portable gaming (including mobile apps) reap alot more money for Japanese developers, which is why you don't see as many big AAA Japanese games on the PC.
Long story short: it's got to do with making money... I think.

In other news, looks like the Nintendo Video service is shutting down on the March 31st 2014, alongside the termination of Nintendo Wii and DS online services on May 20th.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds