AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-07-19, 09:52   Link #461
Celeiro100

I wouldn't get angry if Itsuki got the love ending. I wouldn't get disappointed with the author either. It's not the best ending, but whatever, it's a manga.

I wouldn't get angry if Nino got the love ending. I would get disappointed with the author though. It's not the best ending, and it's the worst, but whatever, it's a manga.
Celeiro100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 12:18   Link #462
WingedAccelerator

The setting is crucial alongside the journey in order to accept an ending.
There are those series where the main heroine's name is in the title. If you are rooting for someone else, then chances say, you let your guard down, since sooner or later the inevitable is more than likely happens. Read these with caution, if you have a problem with the main heroine.
Then there are those series like 5toubun. The author came up with a great idea where seemingly all of the quints have equal chances of winning. So why? If this is the concept he is going for, then why on Earth is Itsuki portrayed as the main heroine candidate? Here is the problem: If any other quint wins this outside of Itsuki, people won't say it's an expected ending. But if Itsuki takes the W, then did the author achieve his goal about making the "Who is the main heroine?" premise worthwhile and hard to guess? I don't think so. First girl the readers saw, first girl Fuutarou interacted with, first girl that ended up in the same class as Fuutarou, first girl to enter his house, first girl to go on a "date" with, first girl to spend a night/more nights at his home etc... Now imagine all of these distributed equally among the quints and we could be more hopeful. I don't want the ending to be the most predictable outcome ever, when it shouldn't be.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 13:56   Link #463
Lex79

To me, while this series is more balanced that others like Nisekoi, Itsuki is clearly the main heroine from the beginning and the other girls are mostly there to spice things a bit. I don't think the author is really trying to make all of them equals, but if that's the case...he failed.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 15:36   Link #464
WingedAccelerator

The manga PV asks the question at the end: Which quintuplet is the (main) heroine?
I don't think these are made without the author's consent, so I highly doubt they would resolve to false advertising like this. Otherwise, they could have told him to name the series after the main heroine or something.
BTW, the majority of the liked comments are overwhelming Ayaneru and Miku love. There are some Yotsuba love there, found one Ichika (Ironic), but even though I scrolled down to 2-4 likes, didn't find Nino and Itsuki appreciation.
Old 2018-07-19, 16:04   Link #465
Celeiro100

Did you remember that Luigi meme, "Luigi wins by doing absoluty nothing"?

Well, this will be kinda sad if Itsuki takes it for personal gain.

Again, I wouldn't be disappointed with the author.
Celeiro100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 18:42   Link #466
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
To me, while this series is more balanced that others like Nisekoi, Itsuki is clearly the main heroine from the beginning and the other girls are mostly there to spice things a bit. I don't think the author is really trying to make all of them equals, but if that's the case...he failed.
I will not argue who is or isn't main heroine, but I tsuki was clearly neglected in earlier chapter and while recently she got more presence same so far she didn't became important in any way nor she got any special treatment from Fuutarou.
Old 2018-07-19, 23:23   Link #467
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I will not argue who is or isn't main heroine, but I tsuki was clearly neglected in earlier chapter and while recently she got more presence same so far she didn't became important in any way nor she got any special treatment from Fuutarou.
That's why when she wins it'll be annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The manga PV asks the question at the end: Which quintuplet is the (main) heroine?
There's no such question tho
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 02:51   Link #468
Tenzen12

Well, I can't argue with that even if I wanted (and I don't). From very beginning, unlike many others I didn't have problem with Itsuki character, but inoffensive heroine might be as bad choice as crappy one if handled poorly, which would certainly be this case.

At this point Itsuki is shallow character and didn't earned right to be winner.
Old 2018-07-20, 05:51   Link #469
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, I can't argue with that even if I wanted (and I don't). From very beginning, unlike many others I didn't have problem with Itsuki character, but inoffensive heroine might be as bad choice as crappy one if handled poorly, which would certainly be this case.

At this point Itsuki is shallow character and didn't earned right to be winner.
Just like every main heroine from rom-com yet most of them won in the end.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 06:16   Link #470
WingedAccelerator

Hopefully, the conclusion of this arc.

Spoiler for Chapter 47:
Old 2018-07-20, 06:39   Link #471
LeftSeven
2D artist

duh nino , what's with that short hair?
dissappointed, nino has been nerfed.
Old 2018-07-20, 09:33   Link #472
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Just like every main heroine from rom-com yet most of them won in the end.
It's not that terrible. In half cases main heroine winning is at least barely acceptable. There are even cases where it's preferable.

Generalising is bad, you know.
Old 2018-07-20, 10:22   Link #473
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Does Yotsuba even knows what they're doing?
Fuutarou seems kinda weirded out at "Yotsuba"
Old 2018-07-20, 11:53   Link #474
Jord
Banned

Quote:
Hopefully, the conclusion of this arc.

Spoiler for Chapter 47:
It took long enough for Nino to stop being a douchebag, thank god that now all is over and she redeemed herself. Also I like the short hair look, hopefully Miku didn't cut her hair, that would be a sacrilege.

@Sixth Agree on that, I don't expect anything from this manga since the girl that wins at the end usually does it without effort or proper developments. There is still room for a surprise at the end and the journey is enjoyable but is better to keep the expectations at the lowest level.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 11:55   Link #475
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftSeven View Post
duh nino , what's with that short hair?
dissappointed, nino has been nerfed.
I have to see it in better quality to judge it further, but at first glance, it doesn't look bad at all to me with the butterfly ribbons. And most of the time, I hate it when they go from long hair to short hair. An exception from recent memory is Megumi from Saekano to me, but she started with short so maybe that's why I hated the long hair.

BTW, in the first pic, she looks like proto Yotsuba, which I think is an intended detail given the impersonation.
Old 2018-07-20, 13:07   Link #476
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Somewhat agree to this if you categorize the arcs by events/time frames

For me what constitutes an arc is a plot point functioning as the core

Thus :

1. Ichika = Acting
2. Nino = Ego
3. Miku = ?
4. Yotsuba = Club
5. Itsuki = ?

The elements of acting/etc can spread throughout the manga but the arc ends when the plot point found resolution
I personally found it easier to categorize by events. Trying to categorize by central character (focus of that particular arc) becomes a little more unclear as so much tends to happen during arcs. Ofc, we'll be able to identify the central character, but sometimes, another sister can get arguably better development than the one who's supposed to be the focus character.

For example, if we were to look at the school trip arc, I'd say Itsuki was supposed to be the main focus there, but Ichika and to a lesser extent Nino benefited more from that than she did.

Quote:
The author recently changed his Twitter profile pic, which was Yotsuba from Chapter 1's colored illustration to This.
The one year anniversary is on the corner, so I think this might be from an upcoming illustration, celebrating the event. Either that or Volume 6's cover, which is an alternate take on the 1st.
I'm not sweatin' it anymore. I've already steeled myself in the event that Itsuki wins, so my levels of disappointment would be kept to a minimum. So long as the author doesn't pull a Yoshino on me, I won't get mad.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 14:07   Link #477
WingedAccelerator

Perfect opportunity then to tell my final kick in the nut theory.
I think the bride we saw thus far is not necessarily the true bride, if we anticipate all of the quints showing up at the altar together, asking Fuutarou to pick his wife. Fuutarou anticipated this, so he plays along. This would be tied together with the final part of the high school flashback, where they successfully graduated so the time has come to settle the romance. All of them approach Fuutarou and tell him their feelings in sync. Before we see his answer, the chapter ends. Back to the wedding for the final chapter, all of the quints are at the altar and Fuutarou picks Itsuki, which the high school flashback also confirms. It is revealed that the bride we saw thus far was indeed someone else. If I'm not mistaken, Miku is the most popular choice among those, who analyzed the picture to the maximum and came into the conclusion that based on the hair color and smile, she is the most likely the bride. So they weren't wrong, but didn't want to be right this way. The end.
Old 2018-07-20, 16:05   Link #478
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Oh man, if that were to happen, it'd truly be a kick to the balls.

It isn't a stretch and this could very well happen considering that there's this recurring theme of the sisters impersonating each other.

This scenario also results in generating salt among the faction of fans who support the 'fake' bride. That's because whoever the girl is, her faction of supporters are gonna get pissed when they realize that she isn't the real bride.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 21:35   Link #479
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why can't authors just make stories that proceed with the logical progress instead of suddenly changing up plotlines to favor a girl in exchange for ruining established story details?

Every single romcom has to go that dumb route. It gets too tiring.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:20   Link #480
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

WingedAccelerator confirmed to be the author of Hoshino.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck