AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-27, 07:43   Link #61
Rasty

^ True, but then she should really just tell him/them so and not use the "you are not an adult yet so you won't know" as an excuse. Not even speaking about the fact, that high schooler is almost adult (the times I was a high schooler are unfortunately long gone, just if anyone felt like I am defending myself), even if he was really a child, using this kind of excuse is lame and not really acceptable.

Still, while I dislike Hina as a whole, I think Natsuo was the one acting strange/stupid.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 07:48   Link #62
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think it's one of the truisms of this series that everyone is acting stupid (albeit mostly in an endearing way - so far).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 10:28   Link #63
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ True, but then she should really just tell him/them so and not use the "you are not an adult yet so you won't know" as an excuse. Not even speaking about the fact, that high schooler is almost adult (the times I was a high schooler are unfortunately long gone, just if anyone felt like I am defending myself), even if he was really a child, using this kind of excuse is lame and not really acceptable.
Yes, exactly. Besides, "I'm horny, so I'm going to not care about the consequences" is something high schoolers can relate to. It's not like she's doing shady shit to pay off a mortgage.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 11:34   Link #64
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The way the story portrays him as some kind of man-baby is a bit annoying. Hate the baby voice too.
Well I guess there's no other way to make the "this is adult stuff" plot work.

I think the freeze up and blushing was way too much honestly. He already had sex with her sister, ffs. If your going to make him a nervous wreck, at least don't make him kiss her out of impulse, then not be bothered when she kisses him back, then get shy. Not believable at all.
Old 2019-01-27, 19:30   Link #65
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I’m going to have to disagree with the whole adults have a right to make mistakes thing. Everybody has some room to mistakes (everybody acts stupid at some point), but if anything adults have less right. They have responsibilities and (rightfully) are held more responsible for their actions than children. Children have most of their lives ahead of them, but once you get out of high school (honestly, this needs to happen sooner than that) you need to start getting your act together. I’m not saying throw the book or a brick at anyone and everyone who screws up, but it doesn’t matter how old you are if you get called out get someone who’s not a complete child; if you’re right you’re right, if you’re wrong you’re wrong, and if you get called out for being wrong, then that’s that.
Old 2019-01-27, 23:48   Link #66
MgMaster

Honestly I can respect Natsuo's attempt to go on the offensive with Hina there, but he botched the execution completely, and got completely owned by her. Like, he goes for a sudden kiss, she slaps him, then does it HER way and he has no answer and slowly walks away in defeat. But it's okay, it's an experience for him to learn. For instance, I do think his kiss had a pretty bad timing as without it, he could keep questioning Hina for a bit longer and put her in this awkward situation now that both him & Rui had done it.

T'was quite fun to watch anyway, and this 1st battle goes to Hina But her defense is starting to crack, and for her own good, it might be better.

Also, I myself find Hina's "adults have their own matters to deal with" attempt that she uses to end a conversation with Rui or Natsuo pretty lame considering she's just a few years older than them. This ain't about one being a highschooler and a young teacher, because in regards to life experience, she's not that far ahead of them to warrant her completely ending a conversation with that excuse. Would be pretty fun for Natsuo & Rui to call her out on that so she stops using that comment, but I assume the way things work in Japan make that difficult too, where a lot of respect is given even to a senpai merely 1 year older than you.

It's like you're playing a game with counters & hard counters, say League of Legends, and this dude is picking this one character with that has this ability that's seemingly OP, countering all enemy attacks. But the ability ain't actually broken and seems to be that way because her opposition is made out of two noobs that don't know how to counter it.

Last edited by MgMaster; 2019-01-28 at 00:06.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 18:06   Link #67
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I’m going to have to disagree with the whole adults have a right to make mistakes thing. Everybody has some room to mistakes (everybody acts stupid at some point), but if anything adults have less right. They have responsibilities and (rightfully) are held more responsible for their actions than children. Children have most of their lives ahead of them, but once you get out of high school (honestly, this needs to happen sooner than that) you need to start getting your act together. I’m not saying throw the book or a brick at anyone and everyone who screws up, but it doesn’t matter how old you are if you get called out get someone who’s not a complete child; if you’re right you’re right, if you’re wrong you’re wrong, and if you get called out for being wrong, then that’s that.
I have a very simple way to draw the line:
Can your stupid decisions potentially irreparably screw part of or the rest of your life?
If so, congratulations, welcome to adulthood!
It's that simple. No hand waving and ambiguity required.
Old 2019-01-28, 19:20   Link #68
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I have a very simple way to draw the line:
Can your stupid decisions potentially irreparably screw part of or the rest of your life?
If so, congratulations, welcome to adulthood!
It's that simple. No hand waving and ambiguity required.
I’m not 100% sure you intended to agree with me, but that’s in line with what I was saying, yes. (it wasn’t my point exactly, but it does line up)
Old 2019-02-01, 20:30   Link #69
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Episode 4

Not really feeling anything for the show. Main character is an annoying dork. Hina looks like she doesn't know what she's doing. And Rui.... oh she's ok.

2 losers + 1 okey character doesn't make for a stellar formula.

Not many other hooks in here. Stuff happens but in my head can't help but ask "And?"
Old 2019-02-01, 22:39   Link #70
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If she isn't lying and it really ends this way, this would be an extremely boring development.
In the meantime, Makoto...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 05:36   Link #71
4th Dimension

Well, I guess it's time to crank up the triangle aspect or even introduce the other girls. And given this show's approach to DRAMA, I think them showing that the boyfriend suspected MC has a thing for Hina might come up again...

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 13:01   Link #72
Psyco Diver

This show is really letting me down in the trashy department and is starting to look like another generic rom-com that goes no where in the end thus wasting my time since nothing gets resolved. Going to give it one more episode
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 21:43   Link #73
AC-Phoenix
Detective

For some reason hard to watch. What's worse is that it's unsure whether the guy actually likes Hina or is just playing with her. The thing that is obvious is that he is goddamn calculating.

Hina isn't much better, it's a bit unclear whether she is an actual teacher or just an assistant teacher but she is old enough to have her own flat by now, which would make a lot of the problems she is causing vanish alongside her. I also have this feeling that she didn't actually break up with the guy but is just lying to get them off her case.

Oh and Natsuno's mother looks like a more outgoing Rui.

Also the sausage in those spaghetti was cut like...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 23:01   Link #74
MgMaster

Assuming this gets 12 eps, team Hina is too far behind to be any real contender at this point since we already got 4 eps of constant chemistry build-up between Rui & Natsuo. Hina's being portrayed more as a catalyst that strengthens their bond. I'm half-way expecting how this is gonna turn out now, though will be really curios to see what happens further in the manga once the anime ends, especially regarding Hina's role in the story.
Old 2019-02-06, 17:03   Link #75
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMaster View Post
Assuming this gets 12 eps, team Hina is too far behind to be any real contender at this point since we already got 4 eps of constant chemistry build-up between Rui & Natsuo.
They already did it, so duh. It's like she has any other dirt bag to cling to. Team Rui, too obvious honestly.
Old 2019-02-06, 17:06   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Team Nice Boat.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 17:40   Link #77
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Team Nice Boat.
Unfortunately, no Sekai or Kotonoha in the anime yet. Their VAs mainly only do eroges, so unless there is an adaptation, you usually won't hear them in "normal" anime, sadly.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-09, 12:56   Link #78
Dextro
He Without a Title

Spoiler for Episode 5:

So I guess I'm Team Rui for now
Old 2019-02-10, 01:35   Link #79
MgMaster

So like, I was totally expecting to find the other two girls shown in the OP mere nuisances that get in the way of the main triangle but Momo's a interesting addition as a supporting cast. A girl who has the reputation of a thot but seems to do it to seek out company due to her being alone all the time - at least that's what this ep would imply so far(NO SPOILERS!We'll find out soon anyway). Though she sure picked one hell of a way to get some company,lol.

She's a interestingly weird mixture of an easy-girl who takes the initiative but doesn't seem to harbor any ill intentions,else she'd have made sure to turn all the rumors in her favor. So she's a bit slutty but not a manipulative bitch type, nor is she the one getting manipulated.

Also, liking what the author is doing with Natsuo, keeping it real by having him do what most teenage boys would do and accept a cute girl's sex invitation, at least initially, but then also considerate enough person stop and realize that a relationship with a girl he would've merely used as a substitute won't be going anywhere.

Last edited by MgMaster; 2019-02-10 at 01:47.
Old 2019-02-17, 16:57   Link #80
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Not sure what to think of her.
The stuffed animals got me suspicious so I counted them, and counting the visible ones only you get around 15.
Meaning that there are at least 12 more below them.

Now how many people did she say again... around 30?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote