AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-12-26, 11:12   Link #1
BladeStone

MKV Subtitle Issues

Hi all, I currently have the newest version of CCCP and am running all my media in MPC (Media Player Classic). I recently downloaded some .mkv, including School Days and Zombie Loan, both done by AniYoshi. The video and sound plays, but as the title of this post suggests, the subtitles are missing entirely.

Any ideas? Anything would be appreciated.
Old 2007-12-26, 11:22   Link #2
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

I have the Ani-Yoshi ones of School Days. Go to Navigate>Subtitle Language. If it's not there then I don't know, but usually for me the subs will automatically be checked unless it's in english.
Old 2007-12-26, 11:47   Link #3
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeStone View Post
Hi all, I currently have the newest version of CCCP and am running all my media in MPC (Media Player Classic). I recently downloaded some .mkv, including School Days and Zombie Loan, both done by AniYoshi. The video and sound plays, but as the title of this post suggests, the subtitles are missing entirely.

Any ideas? Anything would be appreciated.
Get the CCCP Insugent, go under Tools, Test Render, select a file that you're having problems with and post the render log here please.
Old 2007-12-26, 12:00   Link #4
BladeStone

Shows this alert: "Unsupported Stream! (VFW_E_UNSUPPORTED_STREAM)
Spoiler for Save Log:

Doing a media information:
Media Information of: C:\Users\Eric James\Anime\School Days\[AniYoshi]_School_Days_-_01v2_[4ECE30AB].mkv
Spoiler for media info:
Old 2007-12-26, 12:09   Link #5
martino
makes no files now

OK. Please go under File, Save log (in the Insurgent. Yes, the log will be pretty long so make sure to use spoiler tags.) and post it here. You probably have some DirectShow filters on your system that don't like each other...
Old 2007-12-26, 12:13   Link #6
BladeStone

Spoiler for log:
Old 2007-12-26, 12:34   Link #7
BladeStone

I fixed it by luck. For future info, I went under CCCP settings, clicked next, checked VS-subpicture pre-buffering, and checked reregister filters. The re-registering the filters is what I'm fairly sure fixed my problem. Thanks for the help.
Old 2007-12-26, 12:35   Link #8
martino
makes no files now

Mmmm... Doesn't seem like it could be conflicting decoders, but then I'm not too familiar with all the crap that Roxio and muvee installs. :/

Last thing is to check the CRC and then I won't know where to go further from there. Maybe un-install CCCP, restart, install it back on with "Reset All Settings" checked (or however that it's written in the installer), however I'm getting a feeling that this isn't the problem. Sorry that I can't be of any more help.

EDIT: I see, however subpicture pre-buffering will disable some effects with ASS/SSA softsubs, so I'd suggest going back and disabling it and see if it plays fine then. And perhaps just paste in another test render just out of curiosity if you don't mind.

EDIT2 (to post below): Cool, that render looks perfect.

Last edited by martino; 2007-12-26 at 13:49.
Old 2007-12-26, 13:31   Link #9
BladeStone

I unchecked the prebuffering and it still works. Here's the updated Log.

Spoiler for Fixed Log: