Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-05, 13:18   Link #121
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yeah they do, in chapter 229. However, it should be noted that it's never specifically mentioned that they're training for bankai. They were talking to their zanpankuto, but that may be standard practice for shinigami. Hitsugaya also said that he was talking to his zanpakuto and he's already achieved bankai.

Oops, my bad. Just kind of pwned myself there a little. Wow do I feel stupid. -__-

But, the rest of what I said, is still valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Here is the dialogue to which I am referring.

It's in chapter 147.

Yumichika: Let me tell you a secret ... the reason I am the 5th-seat ... is only because the number "4" doesn't look beautiful. I think the number "3" looks the prettiest, but Ikkaku already took it. So I settled for the number "5" since it sort of looks like "3".

When Kenpachi took over as captain of Squad 11, he came prepacked with a Vice Captain (Yachiru). This is not to say that Yachiru is not worthy of the position, but only to assume that Ikkaku was also capable of being VC and just couldn't accept the position because of Yachiru already filling it. To further speculate, we've actually seen Renji ask Ikkaku to become a captain, so we can reasonably assume that Ikkaku is now at captain level. So, my assumption is that, if Yumichika could have been a #3 when Ikkaku was #3 and only took #5 because of vanity over how the numbers look, it's not that far out to think that Yumichika could now be at a captain level even though his seat is 5th. I don't think Yamamoto would place weak Shinigamis at such an important place in the battle.

Last edited by Captain Yoruichi; 2008-08-08 at 13:57.
Old 2008-08-06, 03:12   Link #122
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
But that is kind of like saying that Ichigo only wins because of the abilities of his mask and zanpakuto or that Grimmjow is only that strong cos of his release's abilities, the zanpakuto or a Arrancar's release is an extension of their soul and is only as powerful as the users soul. So Yumichika won by his own abilities also what Yumichika said was that his zanpakuto is as stuck up as he is just proving that the personality of the Zanpakuto reflects the user. Just like Matsumoto's Ash Cat is just as lazy as her and Hyorinmaru looks serious and calm just like Hitsugaya.

Ichigo is the exception cos he is a mix of both Zangetsu and Ogochi.
In a way its pretty much the same. Both of them are 'strong' because of one deciding factor. Yumichaka, her zanpakuto ability. To what extent it works i'm unsure. But seeing how kubo dosen't repeat things, yumichaka sure won't have it easy by winning just by using his zanpakuto release. Especially since yumichaka's is such a hax skill, he won't be able to use it to many times. When his own trump card falls, what will happen? Just look at the second ichigo vs grimmjow fight. We'll see though. Just making empty speculations here.

About bankai, if you hate your zanpakuto and refuse to work with it, you probably won't go far in terms of bankai. And just look at ikkaku and hitsugaya during their training, weren't they perfectly at peace with their zanpakuto?
Old 2008-08-06, 03:18   Link #123
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Make up your mind...you just said my posts were long enough. Which is true...besides I only quoted what I want to address. that part was like a knife in the stomach. My Ichigo Fangirlism demands I do that.
i meant i just put "@OD" cos i didnt want to quote ur entire post.
Old 2008-08-06, 07:03   Link #124
Vorhamus
I N C O N C I E V A B L E

Hum...

Just with one hit of the beautiful Charlotte Coolhorn's miracle, sweet, ultra, funky, fantasic, dramatic, sadistic, erotic, exotic, athletic Guillotine attack, Yumichika broke his arm in three different parts.

I can't even imagine what's gonna happen with his ressurrección.

I think they will start to lose, then they'll turn the fight around, then they win. <- Happens a lot in Bleach

Though I'd really prefer Barragan owning the four of them, after they defeated his fracción saying this: "At the end... You really have to do the things yourself..." followed with a sigh or maybe not.

I would just love to see the top three espadas as Vasto Lordes, it'd be nice.
Old 2008-08-06, 09:58   Link #125
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
i get the feeling its gonna be more like:

the four hollows sent to attack the pillars gets defeated by the four "ants" (kira, yumichika, ikkaku and hisagi)
the four fraccions of barragan attack the four "ants" and defeat them
the four VC's (count them, there are four, matsumoto and the VC's of 1st, 2nd and 7th division) in the main squad makes the save and defeat the four dragons
the four ramaining fraccions (3 by halibel and 1 by stark) join and attack the four VC of the main squad and gets the better of them...
only to be saved by the vizzards, who have something like 4 VC (3 actual VC's and hacchi)

see where this is going? its amazing that they all come in fours
Old 2008-08-06, 13:59   Link #126
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He won...So either he is VC level or Hisagi is 5th seat level and shouldn't be a vice.
The latter wouldn't be a stretch seeing that Tousen was his captain and was evil(less problems), but it could swing any which way seeing that Hisagi was a famous prodigy as a lad.
Old 2008-08-07, 10:54   Link #127
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
The latter wouldn't be a stretch seeing that Tousen was his captain and was evil(less problems), but it could swing any which way seeing that Hisagi was a famous prodigy as a lad.
I knew someone would say that I was waiting for it. So we can discuss it some more.

Tousen was Hisagi's captain. He has that sick loyalty to him that some of them have. (For their) captains But his being in the 9th squad is because of Kensei. I think he sees something in Tousen that reminds him of Kensei. I bet Aizen recognized that and used him too...

I think think Aizen is Spiritually weak...however his cheesy powers of hypnosis and intelligence combined with his skill at spotting peoples weaknesses and using it to utilize their strengths. His skill at manipulating those who have no weakness in manner that's beneficial to him...is commendable. I am really starting to respect him...and he's so diabolical . I am starting to love him (The fact that HOT has nothing to do with it....)
Old 2008-08-07, 13:10   Link #128
GeostigmataShi

Quote:
I think think Aizen is Spiritually weak...however his cheesy powers of hypnosis and intelligence combined with his skill at spotting peoples weaknesses and using it to utilize their strengths. His skill at manipulating those who have no weakness in manner that's beneficial to him...is commendable. I am really starting to respect him...and he's so diabolical . I am starting to love him (The fact that HOT has nothing to do with it....)
i though he suppose to have twice spiritual capt level to use the hogyoku...?
Old 2008-08-07, 14:11   Link #129
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeostigmataShi View Post
i though he suppose to have twice spiritual capt level to use the hogyoku...?
I think he meant WW.

Twice the power of the average captain...doesn't say much

Not to mention he's a liar, hypnotist and illusionist . In other words...."Jedi Mind Trick".

Aizen is overrated when it comes to strength, imo. Nor is he given credit for being great at stratagems. <--his greatest asset...along with cheesy Zanpakuto.

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-08-07 at 15:09. Reason: because I felt like it!
Old 2008-08-08, 00:14   Link #130
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I have some theories I'd like to mention. Hopefully, I won't make myself look stupid this time...

In Bleach, one thing that comes to mind is that villains are relative. What I mean is...in the Soul Society arc, we thought that the Gotei 13 was the enemy, because that's how it was presented. It's only after that we find out that they just seemed like they were on the opposite side because, at the time, they were.

It's possible IMO at least a little that Aizen might not be that bad relative to whoever comes next in the story. XD!

Mostly because I think Aizen has at least some point with regards to how Soul Society is run. I'm not a fan of how blindly some were ready to follow the orders given by "Central 46" in regards to Rukia's execution. The punishment was really extreme for the particular infraction Rukia committed, which Aizen himself told Renji. Obviously, he did it to manipulate Renji into acting against Byakuya, but IMO he was using something that was a good point, or Renji wouldn't have bought it so easily. Maybe.

If there's any reason I like Aizen, it's because his actions made a point of the Gotei 13's weaknesses.
Old 2008-08-12, 15:21   Link #131
Casshern

Quote:
Because sometimes I have a lot to say. If I shorten it. People take it the wrong way...and I am a stickler for details. I want you to know what I think and why I think it.
[/B]
That's ok. We understand it's because you overdose on Bleach we overdose on your posts It wouldn't be OD if I didn't have to scroll down a few times
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga