AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 15 20.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 35.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-07, 18:57   Link #41
ThoHell

Man, lots of you sound like a punch of romantic idealistic touchy sap heads.

Nina wasn't annoying at first, I liked her at first. But the more I watch her the more annoying she became.

There has got to be some truth behind the Nina hate if such a large populace has the same impression and image of her.

She's like a high school drama queen. People move on and grow, but their are those people out their who wish to just drag people down or back for superiority satisfaction. They wish to be dramatic or just want to preach/council. M.J was a great B.Ball leader, but he never found the need or justify the act to know the secretes of his team mate. If you can't respect a person's privacy, then there's something wrong with you. Fon-fon is like most people, when they're ready and comfortable, they'll open themselves up. Hey, the government is your leader, do you want them to dig up all your faults and bring them into the open and talk to you about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I recommend that you should rewatch the first episode. Why did she dragged him into her platoon? She has two reasons. One was to save Layfon from getting kicked out of Regios because she thought he was going to get kicked out of Regios by the principle due to what Harley said. Two, she needed someone else in her platoon. Yes, she did it for her interests but it was secondary to saving Layfon who saved a student and also stopped a fight and it would not be nice to kicked him out of Regios because he was a general student. Like slick_rick said, he was going to go into a platoon either way since the principle already knows who he is and plans on using him.
Either you, Harley, or the script writer needs to use their heads more. People don't get expelled for such a thing. WTF would he get expelled for? NOTHING? Or maybe because he saved a girl? If anyone were to get expelled it would be those 2 students who were fighting or the damn student body president for setting up such a dangerous scenario. Who would be let off the hook like that so easily for setting up such a scenario?
Old 2009-03-07, 19:03   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
There has got to be some truth behind the Nina hate if such a large populace has the same impression and image of her.
She's just behind Felli in the last official Regios poll (Layfon 27.67, Felli 18.08% and Nina 17.21%), so she's clearly not this demon people are making her out to be. And Jordan dissed the shit out of his teammates and even hit Bill in practice (closed curtain practices introduced shortly after lol), read The Jordan Rules... what an angel compared to Nina
Old 2009-03-07, 19:05   Link #43
Enternal

Quote:

Nina wasn't annoying at first, I liked her at first. But the more I watch her the more annoying she became.

She's like a high school drama queen. People move on and grow, but their are those people out their who wish to just drag people down or back for superiority satisfaction. They wish to be dramatic or just want to preach/council. M.J was a great B.Ball leader, but he never found the need or justify the act to know the secretes of his team mate. If you can't respect a person's privacy, then there's something wrong with you. Fon-fon is like most people, when they're ready and comfortable, they'll open themselves up. Hey, the government is your leader, do you want them to dig up all your faults and bring them into the open and talk to you about it?
No, some of us are a bit more open to what's going on rather than just hating and hating a character even when there is development in the chracter.

Quote:
Doesn't mean that it's right like the case of the populace of Grenden. Almost all of them have the same image of Layfon but we don't agree because we understand Layfon. Same thing applies here.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:10   Link #44
Slick_rick

Quote:

A lot people hate on Nina because of the fact her flaws are things we have experienced and can understand. Jealousy and a bit of naivete. These are things we can understand. You can't understand Layfon flaws. Protecting an entire city with your superpowers and then somehow get kicked by them once you fail to meet there expectations. So people are harder on her than Layfon. I doubt most have been in a situation similar to Felli either. She fulls of flaws too. Though most can't really relate to them.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:14   Link #45
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
She's just behind Felli in the last official Regios poll (Layfon 27.67, Felli 18.08% and Nina 17.21%), so she's clearly not this demon people are making her out to be. And Jordan dissed the shit out of his teammates and even hit Bill in practice (closed curtain practices introduced shortly after lol), read The Jordan Rules... what an angel compared to Nina
Hey, he didn't go about needing to know their secretes. Even leaders get angry when their teammates are half-assing or not using their heads when everyone else is working hard to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
No, some of us are a bit more open to what's going on rather than just hating and hating a character even when there is development in the chracter.

Doesn't mean that it's right like the case of the populace of Grenden. Almost all of them have the same image of Layfon but we don't agree because we understand Layfon. Same thing applies here.
You think I'm just a Nina hater and a damn Fon-fon fan? HA! I'm completely open minded. I've been hating Fon-fon since the damn begging, and he just started to look good to me in this episode. Most of the characters annoy me. I'm just trying to watch for enjoyment, not to be a fan of anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
A lot people hate on Nina because of the fact her flaws are things we have experienced and can understand. Jealousy and a bit of naivete. These are things we can understand. You can't understand Layfon flaws. Protecting an entire city with your superpowers and then somehow get kicked by them once you fail to meet there expectations. So people are harder on her than Layfon. I doubt most have been in a situation similar to Felli either. She fulls of flaws too. Though most can't really relate to them.
Yeah true, you can't ever make someone happy without making someone else not. It's like those damn 3rd world countries asking for help and rejoice once you come to help but then hate on you after you've helped them.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:14   Link #46
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Sorry I've never experienced or understood Nina's character type or her flaws. Jealousy? Naivete? Give me a break.

She's a spoiled little brat who needs to be bent over Layfon's knee and spanked, not in the naughty way.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:18   Link #47
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Sorry I've never experienced or understood Nina's character type or her flaws. Jealousy? Naivete? Give me a break.

She's a spoiled little brat who needs to be bent over Layfon's knee and spanked, not in the naughty way.
Yea, you've gone through you whole life without once being jealous or being naive about something. Sure I believe you... honestly....

Seriously though do you think anyone believes that mendacity for half a second?
Old 2009-03-07, 19:19   Link #48
justinstrife

Quote:
Yea, you've gone through you whole life without once being jealous or being naive about something. Sure I believe you... honestly....

Must be tough living in your world.

What have I ever needed to be jealous about? I fight for what I want. If I don't get it, I fight harder or move onto something else.

Since you obviously know me better than I know myself, why don't you tell me and everyone else, what I've been jealous about in my life, Mr. Slick Rick?
Old 2009-03-07, 19:23   Link #49
Slick_rick

Quote:

What have I ever needed to be jealous about? I fight for what I want. If I don't get it, I fight harder or move onto something else.

Since you obviously know me better than I know myself, why don't you tell me and everyone else, what I've been jealous about in my life, Mr. Slick Rick?
Yea, go on telling yourself that. One day it might actually be true. I know enough about people to see when someone is throwing BS at me.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:24   Link #50
justinstrife

Quote:
Yea, go on telling yourself that. One day it might actually be true. I know enough about people to see when someone is throwing BS at me.
Says the person who doesn't fill out their profile with where they're from or how old they are. Sure you're not still in grade school?

The only person with BS here is you my friend.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:25   Link #51
ThoHell

Quote:

I actually know some people like you. Instead of experiencing of dealing with jealousy they express it in other ways, like using it as a fuel source for motivation. Being jealous doesn't help the slightest bit.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:29   Link #52
Slick_rick

Quote:
Says the person who doesn't fill out their profile with where they're from or how old they are. Sure you're not still in grade school?
What the hell does my age have to do with anything? If I'm 15 or 50 does it really make a difference? No, my age is my business I don't need to give it out to random people. I'm not a child but I don't like to give out personal data about myself unless I chose to. Nice try though. You seem pretty childish for a 30 yr old.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:30   Link #53
Archmagination2002

Okay the problem is Nina is making judgments about Layfon, she is self-righteously lecturing him and its just wrong. Layfon had a skill and he pushed himself to death to hone it. It wasn't for honor or anything like that.. it was for one simple reason, survival for himself and for his family(orphanage).

Unfortunately his skill was something that Grendan's population thought they had a right to for free and when they found out he wasn't giving it away for free they freaked out.

BTW Westlo what anime/manga is that sig from.. it seems familiar but I can't place it.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:31   Link #54
justinstrife

Quote:
I actually know some people like you. Instead of experiencing of dealing with jealousy they express it in other ways, like using it as a fuel source for motivation. Being jealous doesn't help the slightest bit.
If I want something, I go get it. If I don't get it, I obviously didn't really want it bad enough.

I'd love to be fluent in Japanese. It's the one language other than English I've wanted to learn. However, I'm both bad at languages, and a lazy ass who hates to study, so I haven't taught myself beyond the basics. Am I jealous of others who know it? No, because they wanted it, and learned it through hard work. I have yet to earn it.

I have a friend with a brand new ZR1 Corvette. The car is fast, comfortable, and looks damn good. Would I like to have one? Sure. But the sacrifices for it are greater than I care to make. I don't like to work that hard for most things. And I don't begrudge others who have them, or are willing to make the sacrifices. I applaud them, and am happy for them.

My life has had it's ups and downs, but I always survive through the roller coaster ride. I don't envy anyone else. I'm just happy to be alive and experience the things I do experience. Life's too short to be petty over someone else's talents, abilities, experiences, etc. I am my own person. I can be anything, and can do anything I want if I'm willing to work for it.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:33   Link #55
justinstrife

Quote:
What the hell does my age have to do with anything? If I'm 15 or 50 does it really make a difference? No, my age is my business I don't need to give it out to random people. I'm not a child but I don't like to give out personal data about myself unless I chose to. Nice try though. You seem pretty childish for a 30 yr old.
My point is this. I have nothing to hide. I am willing to show my background, so that other people might understand where I'm coming from, or at least can relate to me or not. I'm an open book. What you see is what you get. I don't pussy foot around, or bow down to ANYONE. I state my mind, and what I say, I truly do believe it 100%. I don't say anything out of context, without telling you otherwise. I am VERY blunt. If you don't like it, there's an ignore button you can hide behind.

You started the personal attacks Rick. If you can't hang with others, don't play with them.

I suggest we drop this discussion, or take it to PM as we are SERIOUSLY off-topic.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:34   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

One of the things I don't get the massive hate for Nina (on these forums anyway) is that while she has a problem with a lot of things she doesn't keep it bottled up, she talks about and she and Layfon develop from it.

I mean we still have people here who are pissed that Nina supposedly dragged Layfon back into battle.. even though Layfon realized in episode 5 that there is things that needs to be protected and his attitude he arrived with is not good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
BTW Westlo what anime/manga is that sig from.. it seems familiar but I can't place it.
It's Macross Frontier, check it out if you haven't.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:36   Link #57
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
Okay the problem is Nina is making judgments about Layfon, she is self-righteously lecturing him and its just wrong. Layfon had a skill and he pushed himself to death to hone it. It wasn't for honor or anything like that.. it was for one simple reason, survival for himself and for his family(orphanage).

Unfortunately his skill was something that Grendan's population thought they had a right to for free and when they found out he wasn't giving it away for free they freaked out.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! It's like professional athletes. Indeed they love what they do, or else they wouldn't be good at it. But they also do it for the money and popularity. Actually, it applies to a lot of things. Mostly everything in life....... oh dang we're in the real world now, not the anime world anymore.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:39   Link #58
Slick_rick

Quote:
My point is this. I have nothing to hide. I am willing to show my background, so that other people might understand where I'm coming from, or at least can relate to me or not. I'm an open book. What you see is what you get. I don't pussy foot around, or bow down to ANYONE. I state my mind, and what I say, I truly do believe it 100%. I don't say anything out of context, without telling you otherwise. I am VERY blunt. If you don't like it, there's an ignore button you can hide behind.

You started the personal attacks Rick. If you can't hang with others, don't play with them.
You personal attacks are pretty freaking stupid. Does your age give me any indepth knowledge of your life experience? What would my age give you? What open book? I don't know shit about you and you don't know shit about me. I don't hide behind ignore buttons. I've never have nor will. Though I chose whose opinion I give weight and whose doesn't. Your opinion is trash to me. Hanging with you is nothing. I could have when I was still in pre-school.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:39   Link #59
justinstrife

Quote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! It's like professional athletes. Indeed they love what they do, or else they wouldn't be good at it. But they also do it for the money and popularity. Actually, it applies to a lot of things. Mostly everything in life....... oh dang we're in the real world now, not the anime world anymore.
LIES! Anime is real world and real world is anime!

Quote:
You personal attacks are pretty freaking stupid. Does your age give me any indepth knowledge of your life experience? What would my age give you? What open book? I don't know shit about you and you don't know shit about me. I don't hide behind ignore buttons. I've never have nor will. Though I chose whose opinion I give weight and whose doesn't. Your opinion is trash to me. Hanging with you is nothing. I could have when I was still in pre-school.
So you're still in school, gotcha. I won't waste my time dealing with an adolescent then.
Old 2009-03-07, 19:47   Link #60
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

i have jealous and still get jealous but i don't i have been naive pass the age of 13.