AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-20, 17:52   Link #2981
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
For now that is . You'll see a greater effect on your mana pool once you get more spells. Not to mention the upcoming patch is going to NERF spirit regen hard with a 40% reduction . I'm going to miss my almost 600 mp5 while casting during raids...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 18:07   Link #2982
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Spellist shmellist, last time I created a shaman I could only kill one boar and get the second one half-way before I was out of mana and had to start clubbing the remaining half and sit and drink, now I can just keep killing them and never run dry. The time it takes me to walk to the next boar is enough to fill up my mana bar.

If this is how mana regen was changed, then I can kinda understand the nerf.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 18:12   Link #2983
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I sort of like the quicker regen time for my hunter and warlock...since both have rather weak mana regen rates as it is. TO the point both have spells to boost mana regen in some way (Aspect of the Viper and Life Tap respectively).

But then I'm going to have to respec the warlock anyway....
Old 2009-03-20, 18:20   Link #2984
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh don't get me wrong, I like the regen (find me any caster who doesn't and I'll show you a liar), I can just understand why Blizzard wants to take it down a peg.
Old 2009-03-20, 18:52   Link #2985
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
I'm going to miss my almost 600 mp5 while casting during raids...
You know casting in the FSR wont change much at all (for DPS casters), its really only regen outside the FSR that is being nerfed... Its supposed to stop healers (EG Priests) from using something like Inner Focus+casting then waiting, then casting again so they have like 6 seconds or so of out of combat regen.
Old 2009-03-20, 19:04   Link #2986
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Browsing the patch notes I found this:

Quote:
Players will now be able to queue for battlegrounds from any location. Leaving a battleground will return you to the location from which you entered.
Hell yes! I knew they were watching WAR like a hawk. Now if they'd only add XP for pvping...
Old 2009-03-20, 19:22   Link #2987
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hell yes! I knew they were watching WAR like a hawk. Now if they'd only add XP for pvping...
But then the twinks would BAW all day
Old 2009-03-20, 20:55   Link #2988
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

NO! Now BG queueing to get into Dalaran is no longer gonna work! Looks like it's time to ask a mate to queue every alt before I lose the chance to get the flightpath the easy way.

Shaman mana is easy early, then becomes a problem around Level 50. Did they allow Water Shield to be learnt early now? If so, then perhaps 40-60 won't be a problem for you. When I levelled mine, Water Shield wasn't available until Outland.

Question about Shamans - level as Enhancement or Elemental in Northrend? Both seem to have their pros and cons...
Old 2009-03-20, 21:33   Link #2989
Nosauz

hearth stones will be cut down to 30minutes, but honestly if Ulduar doesn't shape up to be as challenging as they say it is... I'm probably going to activate my account one last time to see the raid content and really just walkaway from this game
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:34   Link #2990
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
But then the twinks would BAW all day
I'm sorry... am I supposed to care about people who just make alts to ruin the playing experience of new players?

Let them BAW. I quite frankly couldn't care less about twinks. In fact, I loathe them from practically banning me from playing Battlegrounds until 40+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
hearth stones will be cut down to 30minutes, but honestly if Ulduar doesn't shape up to be as challenging as they say it is... I'm probably going to activate my account one last time to see the raid content and really just walkaway from this game
Yeah, I've heard that one before.

They always come back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Shaman mana is easy early, then becomes a problem around Level 50. Did they allow Water Shield to be learnt early now? If so, then perhaps 40-60 won't be a problem for you. When I levelled mine, Water Shield wasn't available until Outland.
Dunno, I'll have to check that... talent or trainer?

I also second the spec question, which one is the better leveling tree?

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-21 at 05:19.
Old 2009-03-21, 07:15   Link #2991
Nosauz

Quote:

Yeah, I've heard that one before.

They always come back...

Actually this time its true, since after BT and the wait for SWP I've really gotten fed up with the other content in the game, the lore of raids is so damn interesting that I just want it now, and the fact that graduation is coming up and I'll actually have to enter the workforce really will affect my play time. It will be buhbye for WoW, but it probably won't be bye for blizzard.
Old 2009-03-21, 07:44   Link #2992
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
I'm sorry... am I supposed to care about people who just make alts to ruin the playing experience of new players?

Let them BAW. I quite frankly couldn't care less about twinks. In fact, I loathe them from practically banning me from playing Battlegrounds until 40+.
Hey I finally agree with you on something. Twinking is stupid and almost everyone who does it is just a bad player who wants to inflate their ego by killing someone who stands no chance against them. Normally I wouldn't care because I love ganking and killing people with no chance against me but the whole culture that's built up around twinks annoys me to no end. "I only do this because it's actually balanced PvP with exciting games when fighting against other twinks." Hahahaha... BS. I guess that's why there were multiple 20-page threads screaming about some of the enchants being level restricted huh? If they were really only looking for balance nobody would have cared because these things are being removed from everyone. They just want every advantage they can get against legitimate players their level. And the fact that they have completely taken over all the battlegroup forums and actually insult anyone else for not being a true PvPer is just pathetic and laughable.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 08:33   Link #2993
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~
Dunno, I'll have to check that... talent or trainer?

I also second the spec question, which one is the better leveling tree?
The spell has been modified since its inception to be trainable at a starting level of Lvl-20. Generally speaking, when playing my Resto-Shaman, the only times I run into the danger of an out-of-mana situation is when-

a) Overpull
b) Dps facevaults

Otherwise, I can more or less maintain full mana on trash, with maybe half my mana after a boss fight.

Cheers.
Old 2009-03-21, 08:51   Link #2994
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Actually this time its true, since after BT and the wait for SWP I've really gotten fed up with the other content in the game, the lore of raids is so damn interesting that I just want it now, and the fact that graduation is coming up and I'll actually have to enter the workforce really will affect my play time. It will be buhbye for WoW, but it probably won't be bye for blizzard.
*shrug* We'll see, the choice is yours after all. I'm just saying I've heard the story before, and I'll be ready to say 'Welcome back' should I be right.

Of course, that's assuming you leave at all. There's always a chance Ulduar hooks you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Hey I finally agree with you on something. Twinking is stupid and almost everyone who does it is just a bad player who wants to inflate their ego by killing someone who stands no chance against them. Normally I wouldn't care because I love ganking and killing people with no chance against me but the whole culture that's built up around twinks annoys me to no end. "I only do this because it's actually balanced PvP with exciting games when fighting against other twinks." Hahahaha... BS. I guess that's why there were multiple 20-page threads screaming about some of the enchants being level restricted huh? If they were really only looking for balance nobody would have cared because these things are being removed from everyone. They just want every advantage they can get against legitimate players their level. And the fact that they have completely taken over all the battlegroup forums and actually insult anyone else for not being a true PvPer is just pathetic and laughable.
'Balance'

I always laugh when I see them using this excuse. so ganking new members who are walking around with 50% white gear while avoiding the other twinks is balanced gameplay now?

XP for PVP. It makes PVP fun, useful and gets rid of the twinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The spell has been modified since its inception to be trainable at a starting level of Lvl-20. Generally speaking, when playing my Resto-Shaman, the only times I run into the danger of an out-of-mana situation is when-

a) Overpull
b) Dps facevaults

Otherwise, I can more or less maintain full mana on trash, with maybe half my mana after a boss fight.

Cheers.
Well, looks like I won't have to worry about mana while leveling then.

Also, I've been toying around with the Talent Calculator, but due to not knowing a thing about Shaman skills, I'm pretty sure I've made some huge errors here and there. would this be a decent leveling spec?
Old 2009-03-21, 10:29   Link #2995
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:

I was being sarcastic Keroko
No one cares about Twinks.
Old 2009-03-21, 10:58   Link #2996
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I was being sarcastic Keroko
Aww, don't be like that, I just took the chance to rant a bit about twinks.
Old 2009-03-21, 14:10   Link #2997
Xacual

My suggestion on your spec is to drop the totem talent in resto and get the other bottom talent in elemental. Also the damage reduction talent is ok, but the improved talent in enhanc that boosts flametongue weapon buff is really good. Astral shift is also pretty bad.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 15:15   Link #2998
Nosauz

I'd definetly come back if the U.S. shifted per hour of play to pay since I'm usually only on during raids, and I just buy all my raid mats on the ah I really wouldn't have to feel so goddamn guilty everytime I buy a month game card and realize that I've barely used it.
Old 2009-03-21, 15:52   Link #2999
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
My suggestion on your spec is to drop the totem talent in resto and get the other bottom talent in elemental. Also the damage reduction talent is ok, but the improved talent in enhanc that boosts flametongue weapon buff is really good. Astral shift is also pretty bad.

Gah!
I'm going to be one point short then...

Does the Flametongue talent also affect the spell damage for cast spells?
Old 2009-03-22, 00:53   Link #3000
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Does the Flametongue talent also affect the spell damage for cast spells?
That's all it affects, assuming you're talking about elemental weapons.

Oh, and on the subject of spirit, shaman never had any spirit in the first place, nor did they rely on it. Neither did paladins. Priests and druids like to make it sound like they're nerfing mana regen in general, but most casters don't care about spirit anyway, so its really only hitting healing priests and druids. Notably, there is no high end mail or plate with spirit (low level stuff often has random and useless stats, like agi on cloth), and neither paladins nor shaman have any talents that let spirit be useful.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows