AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 18:33   Link #2261
Devil-Bringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Sorry for the long summary, I liked this volume very much.
Lol bro, the more the better!! thx a lot for this one
Devil-Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:03   Link #2262
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

V6 Translation Bonus

I'm not summarising V8 due to RL time constraints, instead I'll just provide a bonus translation of V6., which has also been added to the V6 summary posted previously. After which, I'm heading back to the long-neglected V11.2...
Spoiler for V6 Flaming:

My Chinese isn't good enough to completely translate that song, here's the original lines:
「《催心轮回三热苦》」
「《清凉少许唯此度》」
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:51   Link #2263
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Thanks for the summary.

I guess it shows us why Ardor Maiden is one of the Elements.
Old 2013-04-26, 18:29   Link #2264
tsunade666

-_- cry and whine? I haven't read further or heard of him whining again after his utter defeat from Noumi. And he has the right to cry and be depressed at that arc because his pride was taken away from him. His wings is his identify and its his hope. It also signifies that he wants to fly more than anyone playing BB. After that event I don't remember him being such a whiner.

Vol 05 = he helps KYH get over her trauma in the fight. He lets her cut him in half. Dusk Taker shows up to get eaten alive by Chrome Disaster Silver Crow.
Vol 06 = They helped another member of Negas Nebula
Vol 07 = The past of Chrome Disaster and the battle between best friends. Haru and Taku
Vol 08 = I'm not familiar on this volume.
Vol 09 = Chrome Disaster and Rin
Vol 10 = SS
Vol 11 and above. I'm not familiar on this volumes too.

If you read the progress of the Story. THERE IS A STORY!!!!

its not episodic and there is character development on the characters. Different emotions was shown from betrayals and facing his own fears and past trauma or problems.

There are more to Accel World than what you can ask for when you try to read it and understand it.

Well if you can get over the fact that the MC is not bishie and just a pig >_> people and their views of the world.
Old 2013-04-26, 21:59   Link #2265
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-_- cry and whine? I haven't read further or heard of him whining again after his utter defeat from Noumi. And he has the right to cry and be depressed at that arc because his pride was taken away from him. His wings is his identify and its his hope. It also signifies that he wants to fly more than anyone playing BB. After that event I don't remember him being such a whiner.

Vol 05 = he helps KYH get over her trauma in the fight. He lets her cut him in half. Dusk Taker shows up to get eaten alive by Chrome Disaster Silver Crow.
Vol 06 = They helped another member of Negas Nebula
Vol 07 = The past of Chrome Disaster and the battle between best friends. Haru and Taku
Vol 08 = I'm not familiar on this volume.
Vol 09 = Chrome Disaster and Rin
Vol 10 = SS
Vol 11 and above. I'm not familiar on this volumes too.

If you read the progress of the Story. THERE IS A STORY!!!!

its not episodic and there is character development on the characters. Different emotions was shown from betrayals and facing his own fears and past trauma or problems.

There are more to Accel World than what you can ask for when you try to read it and understand it.

Well if you can get over the fact that the MC is not bishie and just a pig >_> people and their views of the world.
Spoiler for Correction:
Old 2013-04-27, 06:24   Link #2266
tsunade666

ah, I forgot that dusk taker is vol 4 Noumi. sorry sorry, my bad Rust Jigsaw the one that cut all the limbs of silver crow together with his wings.
Old 2013-04-30, 22:16   Link #2267
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Baka Tsuki Update

V11.2 has been completed! Head over to see the pork inspection.

Xplorer30 apologises for the slow pace, he's having RL stuff to handle.

So, Kaixax555, Superior Superboy, and me are all apparently serving military service on 7th May. o_o Kaixax will do his best to finish the second half of V9.1 before that date though. As for Superboy and me, I may give him Traces Of Prominence while I work on V11.3 at a snail's pace. Maybe. I haven't asked him yet.
Old 2013-05-01, 07:44   Link #2268
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Thanks for the update.

I am guessing Argon Array would either an Originator or a second generation burst linker to have known the Kings for so long. From the looks of it, the ARG already know of the Kings' plans thanks to Argon Array. So much for the element of surprise.
Old 2013-05-04, 12:14   Link #2269
Miraluka
Banned

The most useful informant works for the bad guys...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 04:53   Link #2270
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Update on translations

Updates

Going by the information I have as of now, this is how translation progress stands for each volume:

V5: Eternal Dreamer is about a fifth of the way through chapter four. Having just finished Chapter 4, he should be going back to work on chapter 5 with his usual slow-but-steady pace. ( :

V6: Xplorer30 is having RL stuff and trouble with the hard kanji, as usual.

V7: Kai Ding is on hiatus, not known when he's coming back.

V8: Breakdown16 last said (as of April 11th) that he is nearly finished all of V8, save for the parts he lost when his laptop died. B16, you speed demon...

Also in that post, he will be starting SS1, the Graphite Edge side story too.

V9: Kaixax555, me, and Superior Superboy are all going to the army on May 7th. Kaixax said he'll get out V9.1/2/3 at least by then, so at least tomorrow or the day after, he'll update accordingly, I think. He also said his progress will slow down after said date. (link here.)

V10: Haven't heard from Lan013, and he's on the Inactive list. :/

(Personally, I'm considering taking up only the entire side story (The Farthest Sound Of Waves) to host on my translation blog. No promises as of yet though, for obvious reasons.

V11: I printed out V11.3 to read in my spare time, but without access to a computer it'll be three weeks at least before I can type out the translations. Or maybe I'll split it into seven parts and release them each week. As for Superor Superboy, he's in the same boat as me.

V12: Still no takers as of yet, so when I finish V11 I'll probably take this up as well. However, if anyone wants to do it first, go ahead and clear with Xplorer30 before registering.

==Updates End==

I've obtained Japanese raws for all the partially translated volumes now! I can finally go fix the Kansai accented dialogue in V11.2. Though, just like Kaixax said, after May 7th my translation progress will slow greatly. Don't expect instant updates here either when new chapters are released, so do check BT for yourself (and post here if new updates were made!)

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-05-05 at 18:04. Reason: Ch4 released this morning...
Old 2013-05-05, 18:10   Link #2271
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Baka Tsuki Update

Woops. Eternal Dreamer released V5.4 this morning. ^_^"
Spoiler for Haruyuki's internal monologue:
Old 2013-05-05, 21:19   Link #2272
tsunade666

^ Haru will taste KYH Incarnate attack first hand.
Old 2013-05-06, 03:45   Link #2273
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

@Tusjecht: Good luck in the army and be safe. Thanks for the updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ Haru will taste KYH Incarnate attack first hand.
True.
Old 2013-05-10, 21:17   Link #2274
Birdway
Banned

Wow, this project is really slow, isn't?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 20:32   Link #2275
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Comparatively slow, yes. However it's not nearly as bad as Durarara, which has had virtually no progress on it's translation for quite a while now.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 01:57   Link #2276
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Comparatively slow, yes. However it's not nearly as bad as Durarara, which has had virtually no progress on it's translation for quite a while now.
Quote:
“Then, let me change this question…what are you doing, translator-chan?”

“…Working in the day.”

“““And at night!?”””

“…Working hard.”
Then again, it depends on whether the translators want to work on them, since nobody allocates translators on BT.

...Well, there was that CZ poll I could have chosen from in the past...it's still valid, in some way.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 11:06   Link #2277
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Then again, it depends on whether the translators want to work on them, since nobody allocates translators on BT.

...Well, there was that CZ poll I could have chosen from in the past...it's still valid, in some way.
Let me put it this way. Accel World's translation is comparatively slow when compared to series like A Certain Magical Index, and Sword Art Online, which get translated very quickly.

However it's "slowness" is downright fast when compared to a series like Durarara that's seen virtually every translation project stall out. Or for that matter, a series like Slayers, which has taken years to see any further progress.

The point being that while it would be nice if translations if Accel World's translations were as fast at the fastest translated series out there, it's translation speed hardly qualifies as slow by the standards of light novel translations.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 17:42   Link #2278
Flere821
Lurker

The 'Spiritual Predecessor' of Accel World, 'Just in My Eyes', have been finished translated into Chinese.
Spoiler for comparisons with AW:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 19:38   Link #2279
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Let me put it this way. Accel World's translation is comparatively slow when compared to series like A Certain Magical Index, and Sword Art Online, which get translated very quickly.

However it's "slowness" is downright fast when compared to a series like Durarara that's seen virtually every translation project stall out. Or for that matter, a series like Slayers, which has taken years to see any further progress.

The point being that while it would be nice if translations if Accel World's translations were as fast at the fastest translated series out there, it's translation speed hardly qualifies as slow by the standards of light novel translations.
Unfortunately, that depends if there are translators out there who are willing to translate those stories.

The thing, as I repeat like a broken recorder over and over again, is that the projects are all dependent on the translators. There is no allocation of translators out there, and even if you talk about speed of translation, you can't compare it to the monster translators like js06 on Index, who basically translates 20 times faster than everyone else. As for SAO...that's kinda my fault.

The harvest is many, but the workers are few. The trend here is that people demand mostly about a series that had been animated/is being animated, and that often goes for translations as well. I can bet with you that there will be some who'll attempt to translate Kizumonogatari if it ever got animated.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 19:48   Link #2280
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh boy I know I'm in for a good show whenever Teh post in either AW or SAO

*pull out the chair*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality