AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-13, 18:48   Link #1241
Eratas123

@ZeroXSEED- Focusing on the societal regression is a good idea since the POV of Infinite Stratos is through Ichika's eyes and so we never really get to see this part of society (Will also try to focus on this when POV switches to Kyuukai and "Irish" since they aren't exempt like Ichika is) .

Will the societal regression in your fic be only focused on japan or worldwide?

BTW hers a little tidbit I found - Even though females have gained dominance in the lower and
middle class the Upper class males still retain their influence in things like politics.

Spoiler:
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 19:11   Link #1242
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ZeroXSEED- Focusing on the societal regression is a good idea since the POV of Infinite Stratos is through Ichika's eyes and so we never really get to see this part of society (Will also try to focus on this when POV switches to Kyuukai and "Irish" since they aren't exempt like Ichika is) .

Will the societal regression in your fic be only focused on japan or worldwide?

BTW hers a little tidbit I found - Even though females have gained dominance in the lower and
middle class the Upper class males still retain their influence in things like politics.

Spoiler:
Well, mostly in Japan, through Dan and Ran's eyes as 'ordinary middle-class civilians'. Still, I'll also did the same with Britain (ALL HAIL BRITANIA!!!!) when Cecilia was there, disguising as ordinary people to sightseeing.

Also have this crazy idea of an OC:
Spoiler for Crazy idea:
Old 2011-09-13, 20:08   Link #1243
Eratas123

The 'father' thing seems more plausible since he's already an established character and it would explain why he's abandoned the siblings, adding a brother is a bit of an asspull.
Btw I'll post a draft of What lies in shadows that focuses a bit on how females act later so please comment on it when I post it.
Old 2011-09-13, 21:58   Link #1244
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
The 'father' thing seems more plausible since he's already an established character and it would explain why he's abandoned the siblings, adding a brother is a bit of an asspull.
Btw I'll post a draft of What lies in shadows that focuses a bit on how females act later so please comment on it when I post it.
You never know with borderline crazy Tabane involved in Orimura family for so long, she's nothing short of Chifuyu's stalker.

She manipulated the documents in the school (probably via hacking) so they always been a classmate since elementary. ShiroKishi rolled out when she and Chifuyu is 15, how she accomplished it? HACKING THE MILITARY COMMAND CENTER OF 12 COUNTRIES!

Spoiler for Tvtropes craziness:

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-13 at 22:19.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 22:49   Link #1245
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Update:

I have acquired new technologies and capabilities and in the process of working them in.

Will be delayed a bit longer than expected
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 23:04   Link #1246
Eratas123

@ ZeroXSEED- I'm planning to put the "Ichika is a clone" thing later on in the story for drama
And added tension.
@ Drakjak- The question wasn't that odd. There are odder ones in the previous pages.
Old 2011-09-13, 23:32   Link #1247
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ ZeroXSEED- I'm planning to put the "Ichika is a clone" thing later on in the story for drama
And added tension.
@ Drakjak- The question wasn't that odd. There are odder ones in the previous pages.
HUH? How the hell, did we share a mind or something? So, who's the real person? Or maybe Ichika is Chifuyu's clone? I use the first and already write a convoluted scheming, we should talk about this in ff.net PM to keep a surprise, and we can't have EXACT similar backstory...

EDIT: Unless we made a shared verse but alternate timeline...aka For want of a nail.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-14 at 00:08.
Old 2011-09-14, 03:13   Link #1248
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

<<<< LOL OPed
Old 2011-09-14, 03:40   Link #1249
DarkJak2050

Quote:
<<<< LOL OPed
I read some of your chapters, they're pretty good.

Okay... In this chapter, the guys of Alpha Squad refer to each other by their real names. Here's a little reminder:

Eric Anderson: Hot Shot
Eddie Garcia: Sideswipe
Brian Mclurg: Ratchet
Clayton/Clay Maddox: Scourge

Spoiler for Project Silverback Ch. 1 Preview:

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-09-14 at 03:50.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 04:14   Link #1250
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

Okay... In this chapter, the guys of Alpha Squad refer to each other by their real names. Here's a little reminder:

This four are from.... Transformers? BTW I haven't read your fic, I'll read it later
Old 2011-09-14, 05:02   Link #1251
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachiyo View Post
This four are from.... Transformers? BTW I haven't read your fic, I'll read it later
Yeah, the Prologue explains the names. Oh and another thing, it's an OC story set outside of IS Academy.
Old 2011-09-14, 05:46   Link #1252
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Yeah, the Prologue explains the names. Oh and another thing, it's an OC story set outside of IS Academy.
Yeah, yeah, since it's a large OC cast
Old 2011-09-14, 05:58   Link #1253
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lightbulb

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, yeah, since it's a large OC cast

I see what you did there...and I have this premonition that this will be very-very awesome sidestory

But really, I've never realized that the names are from what...Transformer? I'm not exactly well versed in non-anime/manga media... hell, I never play metal gear and all I heard about it are fanboys being gay for big boss

EDIT: Taking time-off from writing fanfic while doing a research on "Social Dominance".

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-14 at 06:15.
Old 2011-09-14, 07:44   Link #1254
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Eddie Garcia
- ...seriously? Jak? EDDIE GARCIA?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 08:06   Link #1255
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Now time to do 'research' for my coming soon fanfic
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 14:37   Link #1256
DarkJak2050

What you said about Tabane Shinonono in the actual IS storyline Zero, well this came straight from the horse's mouth.

Spoiler for Vol. 3 Ch. 3 in the Light Novels.:

If my OCs were around and heard her say that, they would be ready to perform Thunder Crash's style of Lobotomy on Tabane *Snap* just like that.

Now, reading that is making me want to do a redo on the whole timeframe of my Fanfic. Damn it...

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-09-14 at 18:22.
Old 2011-09-14, 14:55   Link #1257
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Unhappy

Quote:
What you said about Tabane Shinonono in the actual IS storyline Zero, well this came straight from the horse's mouth.

Spoiler for Vol. 3 Ch. 3 in the Light Novels.:

If my OCs were around and heard her say that, they would be ready to perform Thunder Crash's style of Lobotomy on Tabane *Snap* just like that.

Now, reading that is making on redo the whole timeframe of my Fanfic. Damn it...
No offense but i don't think Tabane is stupid enough to let your ocs assassinate her that easily.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 18:41   Link #1258
Eratas123

Anybody have any idea how old Tabane is? Some say she's as old as Chifuyu but some say she's in her 30's. I need to change my backstory depending on her age.
Old 2011-09-15, 03:37   Link #1259
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Anybody have any idea how old Tabane is? Some say she's as old as Chifuyu but some say she's in her 30's. I need to change my backstory depending on her age.
Positively 24, Tabane manipulated (possibly hacked) the school's database so she and Chifuyu can stay in the same class since elementary.

Volume 2 Epilogue
Quote:
"Oh my, Tabane's happy to hear a voice she hasn't heard in a long time! Chi-chan's still as amazing as ever, don't go running into the other side of the sunset."

Tabane folded her arms in front of her chest as she muttered, laughing away.

Orimura Chifuyu and Shinonono Tabane first met each other in elementary school, and after that, they were always in the same school and the same class. Of course, Tabane deliberately set that up, and Chifuyu knew that.

However, that wasn't all to their relationship.

The IS was released when Chifuyu was studying high school, and for the next few years, Chifuyu had been assisting in the IS development as a pilot.

In other words, what Chifuyu knew about IS already far surpassed the other pilots by a lot, and the comprehension level was on a completely different level. Because of all that training and unique skills, it wasn't a surprise that she became the 1st Mondo Grosso champion—at least that was what Tabane felt.

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-09-15, 04:00   Link #1260
Eratas123

@ZeroXSEED- Thanks for the info,can't believe Tabane built the Infinite Stratos when she was 14. Where in the hell did she get the funding and equipment to do something like that?

Here is the draft on how (some) women in society act in "IS:What lies in shadows" along with some Tatenashi and Irish humor.

Spoiler:

Please comment if the imbalance is a bit too strong or not. I'll tone it down if it's overboard.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest