AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-02-22, 20:06   Link #2881
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Eh, I've had girls who were very good friends, and I've watched many shows where men and women treated each other as really good friends and nekama. People can be close without being romantically linked.

Although these days, it's interesting, because now people can't believe that two girls can be close without being lesbians, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 21:19   Link #2882
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I would place Erza and Jellal's dynamic as a duality of both 'more than friendship, less than lovers' and 'more than lovers, less than friends.'

Their relationship is difficult to grasp. We don't know how much of Jellal is true, and Erza cares a lot for Jellal... enough to be more than willing to kill him and herself.

The two have a stronger romantic nuance in the air compared to the others, but it's not really about romance between them.

If I were to give my opinion from a romantic point of view, their relationship would be of 2 people who had missed the moment of their life out of tragedy, and are then forced to live their lives missing a piece of their existence. They are given a 2nd chance, but an extremely difficult if not impossible 2nd chance, since they already missed the most important one early in their lives which had changed the flow of their life's direction and relationship.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2011-02-22 at 21:31.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 12:17   Link #2883
Bern-san

fillers parts were put in this episode but it is understandable (although i skipped the hoteye flashback filler), they wanted to leave Jellal's drama of being arrested for next episode...

can we expect fillers after this?

and the new OVA announced... i'm expecting it because it was quite funny, i wonder if they are going to mix the school omake with the megane one or just expand it
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 13:28   Link #2884
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

While fillers are generally not accepted in most anime, in Fairy Tail I believe that they'd be pretty much accepted. Why? Because of the way the characters and relationships are set up - they are set up in a guild and they take on a variety of jobs for pay. Not every story has to be world-shaking in its scope to be a good one. If the stories are self-contained and 'realistic', I don't see a problem with fillers in the Fair Tail Verse. Taking time out to flesh out concepts that the Mangaka probably couldn't due to medium restrictions (page space, etc.) would really show initiative.
Old 2011-02-24, 05:12   Link #2885
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
While fillers are generally not accepted in most anime, in Fairy Tail I believe that they'd be pretty much accepted. Why? Because of the way the characters and relationships are set up - they are set up in a guild and they take on a variety of jobs for pay. Not every story has to be world-shaking in its scope to be a good one. If the stories are self-contained and 'realistic', I don't see a problem with fillers in the Fair Tail Verse. Taking time out to flesh out concepts that the Mangaka probably couldn't due to medium restrictions (page space, etc.) would really show initiative.
There's still a huge chance we could get poorly written filler material, which i'm seriously hoping doesn't happen. The last thing i need from this adaptation are episodes that i don't feel like watching.
Old 2011-02-24, 09:17   Link #2886
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Eh, I've had girls who were very good friends, and I've watched many shows where men and women treated each other as really good friends and nekama. People can be close without being romantically linked.

Although these days, it's interesting, because now people can't believe that two girls can be close without being lesbians, heh.
Erza cares about Jellal far more than about any other close friends of hers, she clearly fancies Jellal.

Heck, even anime team made it clear by showing us lovely dovely animals with each other while Erza and Jellal were having a heart to heart talk.

Why would they show them if those two were just on friend bases?
Old 2011-02-24, 09:22   Link #2887
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Heck, even anime team made it clear by showing us lovely dovely animals with each other while Erza and Jellal were having a heart to heart talk.

Ask the mangaka; the animals were in the manga as well.
Old 2011-02-24, 12:29   Link #2888
kitten320

^Even better!
Old 2011-02-24, 12:43   Link #2889
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Can't pink squirrels express their love for one another?

I joke, i joke. It was onviously a hint at Erza x Jellal. Otherwise it's just a sick joke played by Mashima.
Old 2011-02-24, 13:36   Link #2890
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Erza must love Jellal, no questions about it. She usually doesn't function properly when he is involved so, that's another hint cuz' she surely doesn't act like that when others are involved. Except Master but thats... err... another story

Although I must say, Jellal doesn't click with me. I would rather see Gray or someone else in the hands of Erza. Or maybe Mystogan? Don't spoil me... I want to dream
Old 2011-02-24, 16:13   Link #2891
Crontica

How is Natsu going to destroy the pillar on time!? Uhoh Starlight Breaker. Best scene this episode.

Karma was pretty swift for blue boy here.
Old 2011-02-25, 09:58   Link #2892
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Erza must love Jellal, no questions about it. She usually doesn't function properly when he is involved so, that's another hint cuz' she surely doesn't act like that when others are involved. Except Master but thats... err... another story

Although I must say, Jellal doesn't click with me. I would rather see Gray or someone else in the hands of Erza. Or maybe Mystogan? Don't spoil me... I want to dream
Same, for some reason I just can't accept him. If Jellal were suddenly to dissapear, I wouldn't care.

P.S. For some reason Erza/Natsu always seemed to be an interesting match for me, especially after that arc with huge Lacrima.
Old 2011-02-25, 11:15   Link #2893
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Same, for some reason I just can't accept him. If Jellal were suddenly to dissapear, I wouldn't care.

P.S. For some reason Erza/Natsu always seemed to be an interesting match for me, especially after that arc with huge Lacrima.
He will be gone, the council's army, or whatever they are, will probably take him away and hopefully we won't see him for another few arcs.

Agreed with Natsu/Erza, but unfortunately Natsu doesn't seem to be interested in any kind of romantic involvement, plus he is now being shipped with Lucy on a lot of occasions
Old 2011-02-25, 15:35   Link #2894
Imba

I for one would like to see Erza x Laxus.
Now that would be awesome. Booth are insanely powerful, arrogant and good-looking. The perfect couple.
Imba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 16:40   Link #2895
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Natsu and Erza do make the best combo, but (unfortunately) they're strictly platonic. She actually relies a lot on Natsu and Gray to keep her steady - as long as she has those two, Erza will remain Erza.
Old 2011-02-26, 12:02   Link #2896
kitten320

Too bad, they really would work well. Natsu would spice her life up and be her support during hardships while Erza would keep him in line, perfect match.

Lucy/Natsu doesn't seem right... despite the fact that they always do missions together and that special episode dedicated to them.

I myself see Lucy more with Loki...
Don't mind Gray much either and if believe Gemini, he is interested.
Old 2011-02-26, 13:39   Link #2897
Crimrui
Hollow

We can believe Gemini alright, Gray likes Lucy, it is also shown on various places throughout the series. Like in this picture below, see how happy he is

Anyway, I hope the next episode leads the gang to Fairy Tail, I kinda miss Mirajane and Gajeel
Old 2011-02-27, 02:39   Link #2898
Pascha
Sacred Dome

I am absoutely livid that jellal will likely be arrested soon when finally it looks he was going to "turn the corner". It would've been pretty awesome if jellal joined the fairy tail guild instead, looks like that won't be happening anytime soon. The useless jail squad or whatever their name is shows up just to make erza feel sad again.

The natsu-erzo combat was epic to say the least. Apropos from animation, fight combos, dialogues, background music, every minor addition was epic.
Old 2011-02-28, 07:44   Link #2899
konart

Fillers FTW!
Old 2011-02-28, 08:17   Link #2900
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep48:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen