Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-13, 10:31   Link #561
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Great so can someone explain to me what the end is supposed to be about? :O.
I think we all want to know that...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 23:51   Link #562
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I just finished this series a few days ago and let me tell you...I enjoyed this show and I looked forward to every episode I watched of this show, yet I HAVE NO F-ing CLUE what this show is about, what this show was about, and @ gunpoint would DIE trying to explain any element of this show...I take nothing from this show other than the fact I mindlessly enjoyed it and thought certain animation sequences were incredible! The Latin-American elf-looking dude with the tats was the $hit...That is all....
Old 2009-05-14, 03:53   Link #563
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I just finished this series a few days ago and let me tell you...I enjoyed this show and I looked forward to every episode I watched of this show, yet I HAVE NO F-ing CLUE what this show is about, what this show was about, and @ gunpoint would DIE trying to explain any element of this show...I take nothing from this show other than the fact I mindlessly enjoyed it and thought certain animation sequences were incredible! The Latin-American elf-looking dude with the tats was the $hit...That is all....
The whole "it doesn't make sense" thing gets said about a lot of shows, but in Munto's case even I am at a loss as to figuring out what went on. In fact I'm not even entirely certain that the Kyoto Animation staff itself could tell us what it was all supposed to be about since by all accounts it pretty much amounted to shit happens. The ending is even reminiscent of Gundam Seed Destiny's in how the main character just babbles on about some sort of altruism, the antagonist is shown to be "wrong" because, and then she easily fixes everything in what amounts to a flawless victory and everything else is forgotten.

In fact I'd actually say Gundam Seed Destiny had the better dialogue and more comprehensible goals for each character in the end. And all the while the music is trying to make it all seem like it has some significant meaning......oh well, at least there was staring at Yumemi in that skimpy outfit for me.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-05-14 at 04:58.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 05:35   Link #564
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

So true so true...

I thought I understood most of what happened in the show..., but was peeved at the continually put off conclusion. Yumemi saves the world once by meeting with Munto... Nope not quite now they're in civil war because the akuta has driven them mad? Yumemi saves the world again by blowing away grey hair d00d who wanted to turn her friends in the precious rocks and making a golden pillar... Nope not quite. Munto is now missing and there is a hole in the sky...

Gosh, why is it so hard for them to write a conclusion if they have no intention of a Munto season 2 :'(

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 11:15   Link #565
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I don't even know what direction this show was heading to, I doubt the director even know what he's doing. Alot of the events just...seems so random, maybe it's trying to have troll levels as high as Code Geass and hope it'll be popular like it? I don't know...

Good things about this show:

-Eye candy animation
-The opening, ending and related songs
-Yumemi's skimpy pink dress
Old 2009-05-14, 16:56   Link #566
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I was pissed when the Latin Elf time-dude sacrificed himself and never came back to fight that fug-mask 6-pack dude in the OP...I wanted to see that fight! Overall again I really don't know what to say about this anime other than I enjoyed it from a visual standpoint (Which is certainly a fair excuse when it comes to anime)...I can't tell you anything else...Oddly enuff I probably enjoyed it more than Xam'd which was another super-random crap anime that I thought was gonna be a terrific anime (Munto was just better mindless drivel)...I mean I originally tried to snatch ep 1 of Chromed Regios, but to my surprise Munto TV was in the file...I watched it and thought "Damn, that's some nice technicolor action there!", and the rest was history...I have no desire to watch a prequel-sequel or whatever else...It's just one of those rare shows that you JUST WATCH then move on never looking back...The last ep was WTF-city, but I even enjoyed that ep because of the whole trapped in a time spiral animation for Munto (LMAO I'm a LOST fan!^^ I'll watch anything time-travel right now)....
Old 2009-05-14, 17:05   Link #567
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It's like a writer who wanted to tell a story and left it unfinished. Then when he came back to it and actually continued beyond where he left it, he is like, "What now?". Then just pulled a rushed ending. The world, the premise had potential for 24 episodes. Rest is history. Now we can say about KyoAni, "Can they do worse than Munto?"

A damn shame because it may scare KyoAni executives into doing original intellectual properties, and leave them stuck to doing adaptations.

For my fantasy needs, I now have Guin Saga and Spice & Wolf II. They may be adaptations of novels, they are doing a fucking good job into pulling me into their respective stories and worlds. As far as they are now.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 23:22   Link #568
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

A damn shame because it may scare KyoAni executives into doing original intellectual properties, and leave them stuck to doing adaptations.
Wha.....that seems contradictory, which one do you mean?
Old 2009-05-15, 02:09   Link #569
blewin

It's a shame with Munto. They could have made it better, as it's got so much potential.

But they really did well in the musical department. The CD with all the inspired songs is the best of the best this year.

*listen to some more Munto music*

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 07:50   Link #570
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Wha.....that seems contradictory, which one do you mean?
"Them" = The executives. It is NOT a contradiction. What's so hard to understand?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 16:55   Link #571
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
"Them" = The executives. It is NOT a contradiction. What's so hard to understand?
Quote:
A damn shame because it may scare KyoAni executives into doing original intellectual properties,
Scare the executives into doing original intellectual properties, as in making more of them.

Quote:
and leave them stuck to doing adaptations.
Leave the executives only doing adaptations. Meaning no more original stuff. Meaning the opposite of the previous quote. I take it you meant "scare KyoAni executives out of doing original intellectual properties," yes?
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 09:07   Link #572
FireChick

I hope anyone doesn't mind, but I kinda think the economy is to blame for Munto's so-called "decline in a good making of a series". What if maybe KyoAni didn't really want Munto to have such a short length of episodes? Maybe they have some mean boss who likes adaptions more than original work or something? Or maybe they weren't able to get enough money to purchase 3-4 more episodes of the series or something? Don't get me wrong, I love the Munto TV series and it's kinda impossible for me to see the movie since I'm here in America, though I kinda thought it should've been longer in episode length.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 15:53   Link #573
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I hope anyone doesn't mind, but I kinda think the economy is to blame for Munto's so-called "decline in a good making of a series". What if maybe KyoAni didn't really want Munto to have such a short length of episodes? Maybe they have some mean boss who likes adaptions more than original work or something? Or maybe they weren't able to get enough money to purchase 3-4 more episodes of the series or something? Don't get me wrong, I love the Munto TV series and it's kinda impossible for me to see the movie since I'm here in America, though I kinda thought it should've been longer in episode length.
What is with this whole "it must be the economy" thing all of a sudden? Saw this on the K-On thread too. 66% of this show was old footage anyway so I don't see what the current economy has to do with that portion of the show, and as for the rest, how hard could it have been to give it all a coherent and focused ending arc with even an average budget? Finally, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Kyoto Animation is a company hurting for money after all of that dough they've milked from otaku through the endless merchandising of Haruhi and Lucky Star alone. Face it.....they just blew it in a big way with this one.

I recall reading that the only reason Munto even got a second OVA the first time around was because fans demanded another one and Kyoani saw the opportunity to profit from a sequel, which makes sense when you think about how the end of the third episode that coincides with the first OVA actually felt like a closed and shut deal. The show seems like it was always meant to be a one shot and I doubt it's staff really ever had any big ambitions or ideas for how to end it a second time and where they wanted the characters and story to go.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:48   Link #574
FireChick

oookay...sorry for my big mouth. It was just an opinion. I really need to stop expressing opinions that get misinterpreted as something else...>_<
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 18:11   Link #575
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

It's okay, I think it's that so many people are using the economy as an excuse for crappy work that I think some people are getting fed up.
IMO, I thought most shows were planned a few years in advance so the money would have already been secured. Also, I do think that adaptations are KyoAni's bread and butter so they are more likely to spend more money on something they will do well.
$0.02
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 15:46   Link #576
prnoct90

Um, does anyone know where I can download the OST. I think it was released with the DVDs in two parts. I can't find it anywhere. FLAC would be great (or any lossless format). Thanks!
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 04:29   Link #577
tyciol
*Artist

I noticed this name on a list so I checked it out. http://animesuki.com/series.php/1367.html

No torrents but it doesn't say it was licensed... did the groups just take them down?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 08:11   Link #578
gsilver

Which version of Munto is the definitive one?

There are the original OAVs, the TV series, and the movie.

...so if I were to watch only one, which should I check out?
Old 2011-03-02, 10:59   Link #579
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The TV series is a compliation of the OVAs and movie so that's probably your best bet. I don't think much, if anything, was cut from the OVAs to make it fit the TV timeslot.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy