AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 27.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-09-07, 03:18   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Eden of the East (Series & Movies) - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entirety of Eden of the East (both the series and the two movies) ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about the DVD only footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impressions.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting

• Which kind of footage (DVD only) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes & movies combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 08:58   Link #2
karumofin

In my rating I will consider the movies as one half of the story and the series as the other. The episodes get an easy 9. top production values all the way through, great characters and many memorable moments. However, both of the movies were so unbelievably bad that they deserve no more then a 0. I am really serious, in all honesty I cannot think of one redeeming factor that either of the movies had to offer.
Thereas the whole project gets a 4. I cannot recommend anyone to watch this with a good conscience.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 09:51   Link #3
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I gave it a 7, considering the product as a whole while trying to forget about my expectations and my subsequent disappointment.

An enjoyable series, with an interesting plot and great animation. Not very well conceived in its parts, most of the heroes' ideas on how to solve Japan's problems were incredibly naive. The blatant lack of realism is also mismatched with the political and philosophical message that permeates this story. An adult audience can't appreciate the former and the younger viewers are probably uninterested in the latter.

Many questions still remain unanswered, but seeing as how everything is handled without any care for realism, who cares? With "magic" anything is possible anyway.

One just needs to forget about all this stuff, raise the suspension of disbelief to the maximum level and try to enjoy the show for what it is.
And that's how I could bring myself to choose "7" as my vote in this poll.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 09:29   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A bit of a dissapointment, really, but I don't have a clue about Japanese politicial issues (which I guess is the whole point of this anime) so this show was probably not for since I thought everything that was introduced.

Well I did like the characters and it's style. 7 is a bit generious but I prefer to remember series for their pros rather than their cons.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 04:45   Link #5
YuriEcchiGirl

I give Eden Of The East an awesome 9 out of 10 rating all in all as it's a series that I've been very intrigued by for a good while now & of which I finally got around to buying & watching this year & was very pleased & impressed indeed by what I saw...Next up will be the movies for my viewing pleasure soon